Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby mistywren » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 pm

First time posting in this thread, hope I am not messing anything up.

@Susiron - I am drooling over that sketch. Features and expression are amazing and those limbs are sexy!

A couple of images I've done that I'm more inclined to show as a mix of being recent and have my fleeting favor right now.
Click a thumb to see the full image in its proper size, crop and color. A couple are uploaded as they are since they were small enough.

ImageImage

This is my friend's character Lilly, shes a peach faced lovebird shifter, who always seems to get stuck with my character Nathain. First image is a flat color I did a little while ago just out of an art block. Not fully a mirror image if you'll notice it shows off both her eye colors. The second image is a small icon I made for her to use on a forum we both rp on. Her green brilliance really turns up on dark grey backgrounds.

ImageImage

This is my Character Nathain, a white-tailed kite shifter. He is super jumpy and rather amusing to play. So first image is a quick portrait I made of him just to play around a bit when I got a bit of a drawing itch. Second sketch is a larger image I've made for a concentration for my AP art class. More of a fullbody image since I tend to veer away from those.

ImageImage

Bit misc, characters that are mine. The first image is my character Alek who is also the star of my signature, he is a Czechoslovakian wolfdog shifter. The image itself is a table header for a rp site I'm on. On the same site, I play Nathain as well, which brings me to the second picture. Its a grouping of four characters I play, each character is its own image that goes in my signature to link to each character's biography. The American marten is Connar Owens, the White-tailed kite is Nathain Daniels, the Czechoslovakian wolfdog is Alek Tanner and finally the redbellied black snake is Crow Morley.

ImageImage

These are two images of four of my good friends online which these were made for as holiday gifts. First image is for Tanathe and Akreon who have their fursonas Tailcat and Pugbun. Second image is for Jessi-mei and Tahki who have their fursonas Emu and BK.

Rather quick little Icon I made for someone on the off-white forum, relatively fast, markings and shading were fun to do.

More of my work is found on my Deviantart account

Again I hope I did this right, if not just give me a heads up.
mistywren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Haha, thank you, Misty! xD

And, omg, those people drawings are gorgeous! < 3
it's so nice to see humanoid drawings here-- especially high quality ones like this! * O *
I especially love the dynamic one with Nathain! < 33
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maetropa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Misty o3o
Your humanoid art is.. amazing <3

I love the way you do you lines as well <3

god now I feel like I'm the worst artist posting this |D
Tried, once more, to draw a humanoid. And because I seriously needed a basic reference sheet for this kid x.x
(He isn't meant to look like an elf demon! God my human drawings xD)
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marmoset » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Tomorrow I shall try a human figure, at least... I have drawn a blood elf head from world of Warcraft, but I don't really know how to do realistic, so it looked really crappy, it's somewhere in my gallery, too tired and lazy to find it right now :3 anyways, yeah, I'll try a humanoid/blob
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:09 am

Ok, after looking at the last page, I have to admit,I feel rather inferior XD I stink at humans, but figured I would try a human (Or sorcerer I guess) On Oekaki.... viewtopic.php?f=30&t=975450
Eh... I can't draw humans XD Oh well; anyone know how I can improve?
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Not me nope » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 am

Misty, beautiful pieces, I am loving the second one...

Notme, you should be proud of your own standards, anyway, that is pretty good. I'd suggest keeping everything even, for example the elbows are slightly out and different from each other. The hands are also different, try keeping things consistant to start off with and look at different references, there is plenty that can help you at the front. C:

Also, livestream... https://join.me/191-729-025 :')

PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BECCA~ASH

All I want is nothing more,
To see you knocking at my door,
'Cause if I could see your face once more,
I would die a happy man I'm sure.

~ Kodaline (All I Want)
Not me nope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedpup » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 am

@ Polar; I like the pose,and how the lines look themselves. <3 One thing I see wrong would be the paws? For noe,the front paws have 3 toes it appears,yet the back has 4. The back paw looks a little too loose so to say,and the toes are all the same size when they should be assorted like a human's hand. Take a look at reference photos of a paw,or your own hand and you'll see that the toes should be different.
Can't wait to see it finished btw! <3

@ Misty; Welcome to the club! C8 Your art is absolutely gorgeous! How long have you been drawing for? Ffft,it's remarkable work. <3

@ Not me; Would you like a redline? It looks great for a beginner at humans,better than when I started drawing people.

@ imagination ; That looks rather nice.~ You may want to smooth your lines up a bit,and actually line the hoodie rather than "painting" it on,or painting the face as well. You my want to study human eyes though,as they aren't that big,shaped like that,or have pupils like that. ^^;

Did this yesterday night instead of my math lol. I'd love a redline,or critique. C8 I loveee drawing paws now. <3 Yes,the wing is feathered,but a "dragon" wing at the same time haha. The back right leg is really messed up,so help on that would be fantastic.

On the topic of humans,I hate drawing them.
Yup.
wickedpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~.Imagination.~* » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 am

Oh, thanks! ^.^ Though the eyes where actually supposed to be like that XD But I'll definitely edit the picture to fix those other things! ^.^
*~.Imagination.~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:02 am

Can I get any redlines on this?
http://envelopelicker.deviantart.com/#/d4law1j

*Tail is supposed to be like that, that's how the owner made it*

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maetropa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:40 am

@Becca;
Thanks, I'll work on them^^

@Laelia;
:|
But your hoomans are so pretty, I can't imagine them being worse than mine once!
And please, that would be wonderful <3

@Coyox;
I don't trust myself to redline, but what I said earlier still applies. Muzzle to thin, head to small. And now, I think the back legs might be off, but don't hold me to that.
I don't know how to help with the back leg, but the ear seems a bit big? And. Your wings. <3
maetropa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me