The Splatoon Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Postby beebopbee » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:11 am

ryuunosuke wrote:
    literally no one should be playing ssp and dying more than 7 times cuz they're supposed to be a midliner LOL and i feel ya on the angry = more splats thing... but i'm a backliner so i guess i just stand around and get flickshots.

speaking of such, what are your guys's roles on your teams? i'm a backliner support, but i can flex onto midline. for those of you who are confused, here's some GENERAL categories:

• Frontliner - think dualies, most shooters that are short-midrange.
  • Midliner - think heavy splatling remix, mini splatlings, splattershot pro, squiffer
  • Backliner - think hydra splatlings, splatterscope, chargers.
  • Flex - the ability to change "position" at ease. a frontliner-midliner flex can fill in both those roles for their team. not everyone is a good flex.
  • Aggro - aggressive play. often wears quick respawn.
  • Defensive - defensive play! needs to stay alive for the team, but also should be getting picks
  • Support - supportive play. can be either a midliner or a backliner, maybe even supporting frontliners. generally should ink a lot, think nzap

i'm SO an frontliner aggro, i cover turf but just splat the enemy team mostly, sometimes i'm a backliner but it's easy to get killed with chargers :L
btuh
beebopbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Rinovo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am

ryuunosuke wrote:
    literally no one should be playing ssp and dying more than 7 times cuz they're supposed to be a midliner LOL and i feel ya on the angry = more splats thing... but i'm a backliner so i guess i just stand around and get flickshots.

speaking of such, what are your guys's roles on your teams? i'm a backliner support, but i can flex onto midline. for those of you who are confused, here's some GENERAL categories:

• Frontliner - think dualies, most shooters that are short-midrange.
  • Midliner - think heavy splatling remix, mini splatlings, splattershot pro, squiffer
  • Backliner - think hydra splatlings, splatterscope, chargers.
  • Flex - the ability to change "position" at ease. a frontliner-midliner flex can fill in both those roles for their team. not everyone is a good flex.
  • Aggro - aggressive play. often wears quick respawn.
  • Defensive - defensive play! needs to stay alive for the team, but also should be getting picks
  • Support - supportive play. can be either a midliner or a backliner, maybe even supporting frontliners. generally should ink a lot, think nzap

Uhh i'd say a Frontliner, but in the first splatoon I was a great backliner sniper.. I play the Squelcher dualies and inkbrush, and A mix between aggro and Defensive
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Splatoon Fanclub (Recently freshened up!)

Postby Ploegy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 am

i definitely am a backliner that flexes into midliner. can't really play much frontliner though it could be argued that i do have plenty of success with trisloshers and nzaps. i am more of a support/defensive kind of player depending on the weapon i am using at the time. if i'm player charger than i tend to be more support, but if i'm playing dynamo i'm more defensive/aggressive
───── ( ploegy ★ she / they ★ roleplayer & artist ★ weeb gamer ) ─────────────────────────────────
──────────────────────────────────────────────── ( my belovedmy guardian angel ) ──────
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 am

Where would Dynamo rollers be? I main rollers, specifically the Krak-on and Kensa Dynamo.

My other familiar guns include the splattershot jr line, the neo splash, and the octobrushes.

I wanna think I’m a front/midline player with very aggressive tendencies 😂

Let’s talk about how I run almost pure special power up when I’m using ink storms. My friend saw that and got scared at how much it actually inked and how fast it killed her.

I have no idea if I’ve ever run into and of you in games though. I don’t even think I dropped my friend code here.

5623-8303-5714 is my code if you guys wanna add. 💕
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mintu1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 am

I am definitely an aggressive frontliner. I main the splattershot Jr.s and Nzaps.
Too often I go in for a splat just to get myself splatted aswell. It's worth it for me though as long as we both get splatted.

I have started using the Squiffer and rollers during splatfests and have great fun using them there. I play midliner with my squiffer and front with roller. I would never dare to take these into ranked though.

However I noticed for Rainmaker I play full support. I dont know why, it just happens.
Slowly getting back into CS after being on a 2 year hiatus, nice to meet you all again!
Mintu1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:13 am

Four matches of carrying my team in rainmaker.

I think it’s time for a break from that mode.

These
Three
Matches

in particular are the ones I was talking about.

Editing this for a third time to ask something because double posts aren't cool

Opinions on my gear?
My Krak-on and Dynamo builds are interchangeable. The quick super jump is more for tower control and I normally run that on Krak-on, not Dynamo. I'm also working on a main power up shirt that I'm gonna run on a Dynamo.

That much special power up actually makes ink storms in a lot compared to what it would normally.

I can also change those to link if there's too many images, or they're too big.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryuunosuke » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 am

@Skysong;
    coming from a competitive Splatoon player who has gotten top 8 in all the times i've participated in a tourney, your team WILL end up feeding one way or another in Rainmaker. lots of splats are involved, so for a frontliner (i'm assuming) like you, you should really run a pure of Quick Respawn (1m3s).

Krak-On roller is niche as is for most maps, and i suggest changing to vRoller or kRoller. you're gonna need to ditch the ISM (Ink Saver Main) and have more Swim Speed or QR. Thermal Ink is NOT optimal on Rollers and is more suited for Rapid Blasters, Bloblobbers, or Exploshers!

with kDynamo you will want MPU (1 pure and 3 subs) and Special Power Up. Booyah Bomb is incredibly valuable right now so i'd also suggest a single sub of Special Saver. if you REALLY need Quick Super Jump, cut it down to 1 sub. a Dynamo needs more Swim Speed or Ink Resistance than QSJ.

your glasses are fine for the cSSJ set, but you don't need that much SPU on cSSJ. consider substituting out the shirt with Quick Respawn and the rest of the subs with Sub Saver to provide Autobombs for support.

EDIT: screenshots have been added.
    i will update later with screenshots of suggested sets. it's just my opinion, btw, so please don't take offense!
Last edited by ryuunosuke on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Leon - Male (He/Him) - Adult - VN+JP OK
My waifu (Madara) is better than yours
Signature WIP
ryuunosuke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:01 am

im not super high in the ranks so i dont know a lot and might sound really dumb, but personally i feel like quick respawn isnt the best ability for aggressive players purely bc of how quick respawn functions?

since you will (or should) be getting a lot of splats, with how quick respawn works in splatoon 2 unless im misunderstanding something, chances are quick respawn wont be activating much at all. anyways to get to the point it depends on the weapon, but over all i think i would personally recommend running something like comeback or swim speed over quick respawn to get back into battle faster! of course your mileage may vary and this is just my opinion 👍

i hope the tone of this doesnt sound rude btw! im just hyperfixating on splatoon real hard and always feel like i need to add my input to everything splatoon related gkdnfjd take this all with a grain of salt
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryuunosuke » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:07 am

hazii wrote:-snip- so i dont know a lot and might sound really dumb, but personally i feel like quick respawn isnt the best ability for aggressive players?

since you will (or should) be getting a lot of splats, with how quick respawn works in splatoon 2 unless im misunderstanding something, chances are quick respawn wont be activating much at all. anyways to get to the point it depends on the weapon, but over all i think i would personally recommend running something like comeback or swim speed over quick respawn to get back into battle faster! of course your mileage may vary and this is just my opinion 👍
- snip -

the nature of being a frontliner requires that you be aggressive and end up trading kills a lot. also, it's likely for you to get shut down early in the game given the snowballing of certain maps. add on a backliner who can easily pick you off and you've got a recipe for a negative K/D.

the purpose of QR is to reduce the punishment of being a frontliner while also not rewarding mid/backliners or support types (unless you're a TRUE support i.e. inking). QR is essentially a "must-have" across aggressive players, because it can allow a team to turn the tides if any stage of the game isn't in their favor. QR is even more effective with comeback, though! but truly, no aggro player can't "just don't die lol" - risk taking is also an integral part of being aggressive, so QR negates the effects of having a very well done risk being taken.
ImageImage
Leon - Male (He/Him) - Adult - VN+JP OK
My waifu (Madara) is better than yours
Signature WIP
ryuunosuke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby abxy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 am

ryuunosuke wrote:
hazii wrote:-snip- so i dont know a lot and might sound really dumb, but personally i feel like quick respawn isnt the best ability for aggressive players?

- snip -

the nature of being a frontliner requires that you be aggressive and end up trading kills a lot. also, it's likely for you to get shut down early in the game given the snowballing of certain maps. add on a backliner who can easily pick you off and you've got a recipe for a negative K/D.

the purpose of QR is to reduce the punishment of being a frontliner while also not rewarding mid/backliners or support types (unless you're a TRUE support i.e. inking). QR is essentially a "must-have" across aggressive players, because it can allow a team to turn the tides if any stage of the game isn't in their favor. QR is even more effective with comeback, though! but truly, no aggro player can't "just don't die lol" - risk taking is also an integral part of being aggressive, so QR negates the effects of having a very well done risk being taken.

i see i see!! i feel like i should have worded some of that a bit differently hmm... oh well. in that case i might start running quick respawn more often 🤔

edit: okay whoops this whole time i had misunderstood quick respawn... little peanut brain cant read! i thought it worked like "If You Get Any Splats Whatsoever Quick Respawn Will Not Do Anything" u_u
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me