The Artist Army

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Artist Army

Postby rheia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:26 am

hello!

I haven't been active on here in a while, but i'm trying out new styles and was hoping i could get some help with the hands in THIS piece if anyone has spare time! hands have always been a big issue for me and i want to get them right before i start painting ^^;
      it is an experimental emotional piece in a style i've never really tried before so any help is always appreciated

--

@hansoliod. i love the presentation of your work! i'm particularly a fan of your cartoon headshots too - what a beautiful style!
Last edited by rheia on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamingerve31 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:28 am

mark! :0
Gamingerve31

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby realkitty56 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 am

Erm, i'm having trouble with anatomy usually, im good with a lot else but could someone help with anthro, Human/Humanoid anatomy..

even a bit of Feral would help, i do a lineless/chibi or cutesy style that doesn't usually use much detail tbh (recent gallery)
【Everyone wants happyness】
【Nobody wants pain】
【But you cant have a rainbow】
【Without any rain】

realkitty56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:42 am

Does anyone have tips on painting digitally? I'm still using basic brushes (which are working fine for now) and I'm looking to get more serious with it. I currently use medibang, and I'm slowly adapting to Photoshop, though I don't it use often.

I'm inspired to do stuff eventually like Remarin and Clockbirds, I've been inspired by them to get into digital art to begin with.

I stuck to traditional for about a year, and my imagination seems a bit rusty haha, but I would love to see anyone has any tips on painting digitally?
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeydont » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:20 pm

@rheia: hands are my favorite thing to draw so i'd love to try and help! your image isn't showing up for me though :(

@realkitty56: what exactly are you looking for help on? proportions/shapes/ect? i can try my best if i get specifics!

@winstalgia: i don't paint (my style is f l a t) so i'm not much use but those are some gorgeous examples, thanks for sharing them!

dropping some recent stuff i did for fun! i'm currently obsessed with the train musical choo choo

🍓 david // he/they // adult
🍓 art shop
🍓 icon art
🍓 sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:10 pm

@honey-don't should be fixed now!!
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hansoliod » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:24 pm

@rheia Thank you so much! From what I can see i think there's a few anatomy issues, the image looks a bit unbalanced. I'm not the best at anatomy but I can try and redline it for you?

@realkitty56 Some of the things that helped me improve on at least human anatomy is croquis cafe, I'm unsure if I can send a link since its some nude figure models for drawing. But if you want it dm me. If you want to figure out an anthro you could always to studies of animals and combine some of those features proportionally onto human studies. Also doing foreshortening poses as studies really helped me figure out, in general proportions and fluidity when drawing bodies. I can link to a pinterest board of some, since they aren't nude.

@Winstalgia I use procreate and honestly the thing which improved my art the most digitally was figuring out how to do lighting. I'm happy to explain my process on discord. Though, I don't know if i can screen share my ipad. But also I'm not sure if what I'll say will be too applicable since I use procreate.

@honey-don't Ooo! I really like your style, its so expressive and flexible to use to suit different needs. I also like the shading you do, it's very simple but with the style you're working with its very pleasing on the eye. Also,,,, the colours they look so cool you did a really good job picking them!
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
┌───────────────────────┐

I have an Art Gallery!
Hey, I go by as Hansoliod. I like advanced/semi-lit
rp, more specifically with people/humanoids. I'm
starting to be more active on this community again

DeviantArt | Cooking Thread > Adults Only | ©
x

└───────────────────────┘
┌─┐

└─┘
x
x
..Image
...Image
............BLM
hansoliod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:45 pm

@hansoliod;;

please if you have time i'd really appreciate it!
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KogasBabyGirl » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:35 am

@Honey- Teach me to human? Please?

https://sta.sh/0lerl25iitc

Can someone tell me if this face looks ok. Idk it looks off to me

╒═══════════════════╕
If you need anyone to talk to feel free
to message me. Im here to listen!
C$ shop | ArtFight | My Ocs | Rares 4 Art
╘═══════════════════╛
KogasBabyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeydont » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm

@rheia: i see it now! the construction of the hands is pretty solid, good job! are the prominent knuckles a stylistic choice? i like them a lot, i think they add character! i did a quick overlay below with just a few things

the hand on the bottom (1) has the wrist extending too far down imo. there's something going on with where the thumb joins into the wrist as well, but i can't quite get my hand into the right position to reference. i think the angle/gap might be too extreme? hand 2 feels undersized, like a child's hand ( is this intentional?) and the palm of hand 4 should extend a bit further. hand 3 looks great from what i can see of it! also- if the bottom hand is meant to be grabbing the face, there would be a bit of squish going on in the cheeks.

hope this is helpful!

@hansoliod: aw ty so much!! i typically work in flat lineless but i've been playing around with doing linework lately :)

@kogasbabygirl: i'd def be willing to answer any specific questions if you had some! re: the art, i think what looks off about it is that based on the nagle of the head the muzzle should be pointing a bit further downward?

🍓 david // he/they // adult
🍓 art shop
🍓 icon art
🍓 sig art @ me

honeydont

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me