Ball Jointed Doll Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Ball Jointed Doll Club

Postby ShadowRoselia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 am

Nikki6Ashba wrote:
ShadowRoselia wrote:Oof yeah I can't imagine having an 81cm doll XD There's only so much you can do with a doll that big, everything else becomes kinda cumbersome. Though you get big kudos if you turn up to a meet with one :lol: At least with msd and smaller you can stuff a few in a bag XD

I once brought a 50Cm boy, and my thicc 71CM to an anime con and carried them for 6 or 7 hours. My arms were so dead by the time to leave XD But that still wasn't as bad as when I had my big centaur boy. He was just a total pain. beautiful, but impossible to do things with.

Oh nooo I couldn't carry TB around all day, it's tough enough just picking him up XD Plus I'd also be terrified if anything happened whilst out and about with them :what: Touch wood though, not happened yet! I think quite a few people have taken their dolls to cons though, maybe one day I'll take one of my smaller ones XD
teddy | adult | he/they
ART COMPETITION (open til June 1st!) | Seeking Art | FR Trades
Icon by Chippitty
ShadowRoselia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nikki6Ashba » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 am

ShadowRoselia wrote:
Nikki6Ashba wrote:
ShadowRoselia wrote:Oof yeah I can't imagine having an 81cm doll XD There's only so much you can do with a doll that big, everything else becomes kinda cumbersome. Though you get big kudos if you turn up to a meet with one :lol: At least with msd and smaller you can stuff a few in a bag XD

I once brought a 50Cm boy, and my thicc 71CM to an anime con and carried them for 6 or 7 hours. My arms were so dead by the time to leave XD But that still wasn't as bad as when I had my big centaur boy. He was just a total pain. beautiful, but impossible to do things with.

Oh nooo I couldn't carry TB around all day, it's tough enough just picking him up XD Plus I'd also be terrified if anything happened whilst out and about with them :what: Touch wood though, not happened yet! I think quite a few people have taken their dolls to cons though, maybe one day I'll take one of my smaller ones XD

Most of the people in my local group have mixtures of all the sizes, and we tend to all bring larger dolls XP I even took an SD to the aquarium/botanical garden meet as well as the YOSD I had at the time. It was kind of difficult lugging them both around, but I got some nice pictures. One things i LOVE about my smartdolls is they are super light and very durable compared to resin BJDs

Art and design commisions are currently open for USD, for price quotes and intrest, message me on discord(Nikki6Ashba#6239)

CS Doodle commissions found here ^^

Pronouns-He/Him My WME-
-My DA-My Khims

Nikki6Ashba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowRoselia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:15 am

Aw I bet the aquarium was cool! Yeah I can definitely see the appeal of the vinyl dolls - one of my friends has an angel philia which has had a few of us wanting to get our own XD We also have a small army of plapico dragons which gave us a giggle last time. Though it's mainly a group of misbehaving minifees XD
teddy | adult | he/they
Icon by Chippitty
ShadowRoselia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nikki6Ashba » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 am

My local group really doesn't have a lot of vinyl dolls or fairyland dolls. It's a pretty good mix of different companies though I think soom is the most common for us. And for vinyl I thin there is only 1 other person in the group with a smart doll.

Art and design commisions are currently open for USD, for price quotes and intrest, message me on discord(Nikki6Ashba#6239)

CS Doodle commissions found here ^^

Pronouns-He/Him My WME-
-My DA-My Khims

Nikki6Ashba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowRoselia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 am

Ah we are a pretty solid fairyland group XD out of the usual 10ish people who turn up, i think only one or two dont have FLs XD One person has a twigling which i am very jealous of, i hope to have one of their gamines one day
teddy | adult | he/they
Icon by Chippitty
ShadowRoselia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yikes » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:56 am

the picture attached is kinda low quality (sorry!)
    but I recently found some monster high dolls at a thrift shop so I tried my hand at refacing one
    It's obviously not my best, and the first time ive ever done this, and her hair is still being held down by a rubber band haha
    but I thought i'd post her here!
Attachments
image0.jpg
image0.jpg (16.01 KiB) Viewed 27 times

xImage i <3 the computer
xImage artist + creature owner
xImage my website

yikes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:42 am

I'm gonna revive this thread and post a question; What is your fav BJD? (can be one you own or one you want)

I'll be ordering one on Friday that I am super pumped about. I am going to do the face up and body details myself ^^

Little one is so cute ;-;
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wanderingcacti » Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 am

I had an absolute stroke of genius to look up BJDs on this forum section and I'm soooo happy i did! I have 2 ball jointed dolls, a PIPOS Rosie and a PIPOS Charlotte (the og charlotte not the newer models). I'm currently saving up for a Catmask Piedan cat and i am SOOO close!

I am a lover of animal BJds, especially the cats, bunnies, and mice i've seen around online. I also found out there are blind box BJDs recently. They're usually pretty small but I'd love to own a few too! Some of them are super cute!!!
I really like the color blue
♚ εїз Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ εїз ♛
♠♣♥♦King♦♥♣♠

Auctioning the 2017 mardigras store lions here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4958715
wanderingcacti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me