Original Characters Club (Secret Santa Event)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Do your OCs all live....

On the same world
18%
Different worlds and in different universes
54%
Different worlds but the same universe
16%
No idea
11%

Total votes : 79

Re: Original Characters Club (Secret Santa Event)

Postby Tendo64 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 am

@kjSage- Mercy seems like quite an interesting character! I love how she is in a world with Greek mythology especially since I'm PJO trash

@Cynderheart- Oh... So you also write dark stuff? Kudos to you. So do I! c:<

Anyways, I read what you've written of your story so far, and I love it! Your writing reminds me of Jack London's, since you don't put any dialogue in yet you convey what the bears would say perfectly. It is sad though. Poor Lono and her broken heart...
ImageImageImage
Tendo / Charlie + FTM + He / Him + Adult

Hi, I'm Tendo! I like M🌎THER, Super Mario, and 2000s rock.
I spend most of my time drawing cartoons and writing music.
Mostly on here to manage Sweetens and play forum games
enjoyer of claus from mother 3 he's pretty cool me thinks
My signature doesn't match on purpose and that's ok
Original creator and co-owner of Sweetens

UMA Toyhouse | Carrd (Interests + Art)
ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby just.a.violist » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 pm

hey look who's not dead

Trico: Nah it's cool, I just did the same thing. ^^" That's pretty cool! What mix is Aidan?
HazardousFish: Hmm, the only thing I can really say is reiterate Ten's suggestion to use Polyvore. It really does help. ^^
Rubyblaze: Aww, sad backstory. But of course, those are the best kinds. Cute character too! But what role did Kasai have to play in the fire? How did Lily meet Ashley and Selina?
Abissh: Oooh, mafia vampires. ^^ Viktor sounds pretty cool. Does his memory loss still affect him? Does his family know about him being a vampire? If not, how do they cover it up? If so, how do new members react when they learn/find out?
ImmatureGuy: Welcome to the club! That's a pretty punny chara you got there. Which character do you want to write a story for?
TenMomentsTill: That, my friend, is an awesome animation. I take it Marr tried to do something with lightning and it backfired probably for the umpteenth time? And is he the same Marr that trapped Marrow? And yeah, I consider Kohl a bad guy. His methods include gaining alliances with other unhappy creatures and manipulating humans and such. I'll be writing out specifics soon hopefully. ^^"
Nintendo Fan: Matt's story is pretty cool so far! His outfit reminds me a bit of the exorcists from D. Gray Man. Did he snap right after avenging Todd's death, or did it take a little bit? Why was Todd killed? How old was Matt when he ran away?
Galactic and Tache(?) look pretty cool! Poor babies, Sunburst and Lucent both. :'( What was Lucent's immediate reaction when Sunburst died? Or did she only realize later?
kjSage: Mercy's design is simple and works well off of each other. I would ask for a link (if possible) to her full bio, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to read it all in one go. x) So far she seems interesting! ^^
Cynderheart: Welcome! I've put Fighting Extinction on my reading list. I'll read it sometime soon hopefully.^^"
----------
Sorry for going inactive and for not getting my Secret Santa gifts done. ^^" The computer I was using crashed before I had a chance to finish it, and since my phone's easier to art on right now (because accessibility) I'll be doing it on there. I should be done within the next couple of weeks. ^^"

So I thought I'd introduce you guys to my own vampire OC, Hugo.
Old art here
I've revamped him since I drew that after realizing that his skin tone wasn't exactly logical for being Turned for 250+ years. Oops. I'm planning on making new art as soon as I can.

Essentially, he's the son of French and English bounty hunters in a dimension where creatures (and the ability to see them) are common knowledge; their originating dimensions are still being kept a secret by governments in 1700's. He and his sister (currently named Eulalie) owned an inn in one of the colonies (not sure which yet) and he couldn't fight because they couldn't afford effective glasses for him. So they were functional, but not good enough to aim anything. He was Turned at 20 by the same Daemonic Vampire (a vampiric demon, not a human who was Turned) that ended up completely draining his sister. A creature-tolerant doctor stitched him up and soon he was running from his parents (his brother-in-law died in battle and his parents disowned him). Long story short, he laid low in Mexico until fighting broke out and ended up founding a town called Brookview up by Canada and took in a former coalminer-Turned child named Rowena sometime in the 1800's.

Also he runs a cafe similarly named to his previous inn. He's the "mom" friend of his group, trying to keep them out of trouble. He's known Cassie's family since her paternal side moved to Brookview early on. He also has a temper and is pretty introverted, but is mostly just resigned to everything going on by now and has been a kind-of pacifist since World War I. He's also one of the most outspoken in his area against the consumption of human blood (it's considered a drug in this dimension because of what it does to a Turned's brain) and is the one of the earliest who found out that animal blood and mortal human food work just as well (though they only have to eat/feed when they get hurt and bleed out too much).
just.a.violist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:14 am

@just.a.violist- Thanks! Matthew had snapped right after Todd's death. Todd was killed for unknown reasons, though Matthew believes someone homophobic had done it, sadly. He ran away when he was 18. As for Lucent, she took Sunburst's death very poorly. For what she did after that, I can't really say on CS due to it being.... a little too dark. Just... read her cause of death on her Toyhou.se page.

Also, Hugo is pretty cool! It's cool how he's from the 1700's. History from that century has always been an interesting topic to me. c:
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Username: Stonefly
Favorite Character: My boy Namor
Story and/or anything else you want to share with us: I am working on a One-shot challange with all my characters here link. Its still very much a work in progress as I am going back to re-write everything that I posted and saved in drafts.
Have you read the rules? Yep.
β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ β–ͺ

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 am

@Stonefly- Hi there! Poor Namor. It's good he can still get around well!
----------------

I looked back at some of my old adopts from the user-made adoptables board back in 2014 and decided to give them their own pages and stuff. I think my favs of these ATM are Rosemary, Violet, and Greenland. As well, I made one for Terrence. The poor dude... He lost all of his legs in an accident.

Additionally, I'm thinking about doing an animatic for Tom. It won't be easy, but I'm gonna see if I can do it. c:
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Original Characters Club

Postby Pandle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 am

What's that saying 'better late than...'? I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, sorry for my absence, or if I missed anything aimed at me. Just poke me sharply and I should cotton on.

@TenMomentsTill - You know I haven't thought about their religion and the deities beyond knowing they are a thing. But I have a theory about time, and so I think I may just try to tie in those things. I don't want their religion to be a justification for the way they behave, and I don't want it to be an excuse, so I think it may take a while to get the balance right between fiction and reality, and its significance to their daily lives. But when I know, I'll be sure to share :> Super neato that Ranger accidently dated a god. Do gods have to screen potential partners like law enforcement? ;)

@Rea - !!! Erraia looks phenomenal iejoajad. Can I just say I think the idea of having theme songs is super adorable. What inspired your decision to have ZΞ›YDE WØLF as her theme tune? How do you make these decisions for your characters more broadly? I know I can listen to music and feel it resonates or is pertinent to a character, but is there something more than this when you denote a song specifically as a theme tune? Draca's artwork of her is outstanding too, you lucky beansprout! Perfectly fitting for the details you have worked out for her so far. Looks like a promising charrie, canne wait to read more about her.

@rotver - your sketches are ace, it's nice to see your artwork :)

@Abissh - please continue with your theme of making all ocs touch their faces, otherwise i would have to touch their precious bab faces. They are out of this world adorable. Bren is hawt and very Sherlockian feely. I dig it. Is his homelessness a result of his murdering his family and being kicked out the asylum? How does it affect his daily life? What does he do to survive now? Does he want to end his homelessness, or has it become something irreversible to his routine? Homelessness is something super personal to me and I always take a feverish interest in it, OTL. How come he didn't die from the disease?

@kjSage - What inspired Mercy? I notice a blend of Nordic and Greek themes, is this something that really resonates with you, or was it just a platform for building your character on?

--

I am noticing a theme with vampires in this thread lol.
    I know it's a little late for resolutions, but i was just curious as to whether anyone had made any regarding writing/art/their character development etc. I know I said I was going to clean up my character thread but so far...well it hasn't really worked. I managed to transfer pre-existing details and condense them a little more, but there's huge gaps missing and lots I need to work on still. But better than nothing, right?
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TenMomentsTill » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 am

Reminder, the Secret Santa is ending this month. Please make sure you are working on your gift if you haven't turned it in yet.

kjsage ~ I read through a good chunk of Mercy's character info. She has a super interesting set-up, but I kinda had a hard time to make sense of things (granted I'm suuuuper shaky with Norse mythology and kept having to look up names of the set mythos figures to remind myself who they are) since her history is very complex and kinda feels like I'm missing basic information on how the universe works. I'd probably understand it more if I knew more information about all the other characters so I could get a better sense of the world she lives in.
It would be really cool to a reference image of Mercy dressed in the armor that she was gifted by The Creator. Also, is The Creator the same person as God? In her history, it only mentions The Creator, but in her relationships tab, it only mentions God.
Are you planning on writing up more of her history? It doesn't include how she met her husband and I kept rereading it trying to see if I had just accidentally skipped over that part. Also, with living for 92,750,000 years, 50 years written out leaves a lot of gaps in what has happened in Mercy's life. Though, that is a huge amount of years to try to summarize.
Also, under the Family&Relationships tab in the 'Thoughts on Others' section, are you planning on adding in her siblings/parents/friends? It would a nice way to quickly show how she feels about all the characters that she has major interactions with.

Cynderheart~ Welcome once again to the club~

Nintendo Fan~ Out of the group, Rosemary's design is my favourite of the bunch haha. I really love her markings. How was Terrance given the ability to float?
If you can, you should share the animatic here once you finish it up~

just.a.violist ~ Can a Turned vampire also make people into vampires or is that something only Daemonic Vampires are capable of? If a turned vampire can make another vampire, is there any difference between a person who was Turned by another Turned and a person who was Turned by a Daemonic Vampire? As a vampire, how is he treated in modern times? Are there still people out to kill him due to him being a vampire? Also, since Rowena is a Turned child, has she matured at all over her life? Or is she stuck at the level of maturity she had when she Turned?

Most of Marr's failures with lighting magic is that he doesn't have the ability to direct it. Lightning magic is based on the ability to be able to fight from a far-range. Since he can't direct it, if he wants to use it, he has to get up close. It was Marr grandfather and namesake that trapped Marrow in the sword.

Stonefly ~ What you have so far for the one-shot challenge is really good. Is Mardux a werewolf? Or is he some other type of shapeshifter? Have you decided an exact reason why Namor lost the use of both of his back legs?

Pandle ~ I'm glad that I managed to actually bring up a question that will actually bring about a development of the story haha. Please do share once you have that detail figured out. I'd love to see how your theory on time ties into the Orthia sΓ‘vra's religion. What you have up for your character thread is really nice even though it isn't complete. How many OCs do you have to add on to have them all listed?

Gods do screen potential partners. A major process of the screening is having the partner attend a god party. It basically shows whether or not the person can handle being married to a god. Granted, it is a very rare case that a god marries someone who isn't a god. It really only happens when a god is considered unmarriable.

I made a few resolutions this year. The biggest one is to redo the information on my character weebly. It's been such a long time since I touched any of it, it needs a serious overhaul.
.....................................................................................

I have a few months worth of art to show, but I'm going to try not to make this post too big and just show a few right now.

Setshi is the head of the chaos gods (a position given to the oldest of the chaos gods). As a chaos god, it's Setshi's job to act as a balance in the universe and make sure cause enough chaos happens or stop chaos from happening in order to keep the universe balanced. Unlike most other kinds of gods, chaos gods have to actively work together since their job is the upkeep of the universe.
As the head of the chaos gods, he normally is tasked with breaking up fights that other gods get into and rescuing other chaos gods if they get into a situation where they can't fight their way out.
He also is really into fashion and motocross.

Yhone is one of the older, lower gods and one of the strongest (he's really only beat out by a few of the original lower gods). An order god's job is basically the same as a chaos god, except they make or prevent order. Since Yhone is the stronger one between himself and Setshi, Yhone is the one that handles executions.
He's also super into fashion except he's kinda a dick about it. He means well, but his comments always come off sounding mean. Yhone also only smokes because way back when he was young, he started to do it since he thought it made him look cool.
╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗

Art Shop ☒ OC Club ☒ My Art ☒ Adopt A Newbie

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Super huge WIP
"Everything Will Be Okay"

Use any pronouns

I'm just a person that's enjoys making art,
spooky things in general, cats, and my many OCs.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you want to chat~

Art/Icon by TenMomentsTill
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Text
text

Text
Text
TenMomentsTill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:13 pm

@TenMomentsTil- Yeah, I like Rosemary's design too.Thanks. c: I'm not sure how Terrence is able to float... I didn't put any thought into it. BTW, Setshi and Yhone look pretty cool! I love Yhone's mask. How did Setshi become the head of the chaos gods?
---------------

MY ANIMATIC IS DONE. This took about fifteen hours of my time in total, so I'm super glad it's finished! As said before, it is about Tom('cuz he's my poor cinnamon roll... or possibly sinnamon roll) and it uses the song Monster by Imagine Dragons(You'l notice I put that as his theme song on his Toyhou.se page)

Anyway, the animatic is right here. It isn't perfect and I have to admit that there are reused frames, but that's because I don't have a lot of time on my hands. Sure, I'm fairly active, but it still isn't much time to make one of these.

If anyone new is curious about Tom, his Toyhou.se page is here.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:03 pm

@TenMomentsTill - Thank you! What I have is actually the only I didn't remove from the thread. I took most of the down as I wanted to re-write pretty much everything. Not sure I left that one up. But Mardux is a shape shifter. He was born human and later when he hit the age of 10 he learned about his ability to shift into a wolf/canine. I've been working on a small personal type of shape shifter he would be, as I have a few other characters much like him as you can tell within that one-shot. I just really want him to be one of those normal shape shifters out there? If you get what I mean? He is a super old character but I never really ever worked on his history, personality, or any detailed information.

I was thinking of making it some sort of genetic thing that was passed down from his father, as his litter was an accidental litter. His father failed a health check so they didn't plan on breeding him. The breeders don't like neutering until the age of two and his father managed to find himself with his mother. I really have not gotten around to googling if there is any real genetic issues that might cause this, or if its something I am just going to have to make up for story purposes. Or I had the idea that he could possibly have Discospondylitis ( bacterial or viral infection in the bones of the spine. ) But again I have not done much research on this type of problem so I am still not 100% sure yet. To be honest I never really thought about it much until you brought it up. I had small ideas but nothing was ever set into stone.
When I bought Namor I believe he lost his legs in an accident with a car? but I really wasn't feeling that kind of thing really fit with my boy? I just felt that he needed something a bit different from violence because of who he is as a character.

@KjSage - I took some time to read Mercy's bio and I have to say I am very impressed with how much thought and detail went into this character. Its not often I see this much work put into a character. I didn't get the time to go through all her information but what I got around to reading was super interesting. I don't know if I can really say much about her story and her origins as I am super unfamiliar with Norse Mythology.

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
β–΄|
β–Ύ|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snubbulls » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 pm

@StoneFly
Annie is the cutest! I love his little wheelchair! Did he lose his legs in an accident or was he born without them?

@Nintendo Fan
Rosemary is quite interesting! I've never seen real geometric markings on a feline character before. Violet is pretty cute too! I like her plant tail a lot. And poor Terrence. How does he get around? I can tell that you put a lot of effort into your animatic and it turned out really good!

@Pandle
Actually your thread looks really neat compared to mine. It's amazing how much information you put not that without making it super long. Also my resolution was to make a character weebly, as I think it's cool, but I haven't yet, and I doubt I will any time soon.

@TenMomentsTill
Okay I love Setshi so much! His design is simple but elegant and I love all the little touches like his makeup. Do all chaos gods have like a built in "radio" or communication system? As it seems that it would be difficult to keep order without something like that, you know? Yhone is such a beautiful character too! I like that he has some flaws in his character, as it makes him more believable.

Okay here's some stuff. First off, I got a plush of my sona! I don't have any pictures yet, but here's his toyhou.se page! Cairo.

This is my baby Harold! He's a gardener for his villisge and supplies herbs to local herbalists. None of us really know how he gardens without arms, but he does. His favorite plants are succulents, mostly because he's very forgetful and doesn't remember to water his plants that often.

And this is Riley! He's a stray dog in a small town. Many locals consider him the town pets and leave food bowls and beds out for him. He likes to play fetch with the little kids and he's incredibly calm and patient with them. He's still not used to adults though, and is skittish towards them.
| beetle / radish |
| he / she | adult |
❀ metal ❀ bugs ❀
❀ 70's slashers ❀
sharks ❀ clowns ❀
❀ pokemon ❀ art
by spheal on th ❀
snubbulls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery