ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ [Fan Club]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Would you stay with the Rukami if they move to dA?

Yes.
31%
No.
69%

Total votes : 36

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ [Fan Club]

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 am

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳
F ᴀ ɴ . C ʟ ᴜ ʙ
Species concept and lineart ©BugaBee

Mᴀɪɴ Aᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ | Bʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ Cᴇɴᴛᴇʀ | Aᴄᴄᴇssᴏʀʏ Sʜᴏᴘ| Rᴏʟᴇ Pʟᴀʏ

Rukami are the species responsible for the legend of the werewolf. They appear to have canine features, but they actually are more closely related to mustelids, such as the otter, badger, and wolverine. Rukami (Rue-KAH-mee) are highly intelligent creatures, but their mostly solitary lifestyles have so far prevented them from forming any kind of society structure. They inhabit tracts of land rich in prey, and are territorial to each other and packs of wolves.

With the aid of their opposable thumbs, Rukami craft all kinds of accessories and adornments from things they find in nature, even going so far as to cut gemstones and tan leather. Some even make weapons, but it is considered a weakness, and shameful to rely on anything but tooth and claw. Rukami make their own adornments as they age, often creating items to wear based on their personalities or what they like to do. Rukami enjoy making special items for their mates, and often present carefully made jewelry or accessories to someone they are pursuing. They can craft many things using common items such as stones, vines, leaves, bark and wood, flowers, feathers, shells, bones, clay, and fur. Uncommon items take longer to make and require special skill; these include beads, rope, gemstones, amber, leather, and ivory. Very talented Rukami that have dedicated their lives to the craft can forge metal items from iron, gold, and silver.

Welcome to the Rukami Species Fan Club! We will be storing gift lines, concept art, and all kinds of species related information here. This thread will also serve many functions for fans, such as being a place to:

• Ask questions about the species
      • Find others willing to roleplay
      • Find breeding partners for your Rukami
      • Offer and request Rukami art
      • Offer or request help with try-out forms

Feel free to post! You do not need to own a Rukami to post here.

Follow CS and Rukami rules.
      Do not bump or spam this thread.
      No mini-modding.
      No using this thread to whine about competitions.
      Don't have personal conversations, take it to PM.
      Don't post an offer or request (for art, help, or RPing) more than once per page.
      Breaking the rules and being rude here will get you banned from the species.
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:30 am, edited 26 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gift Lines & Color-Ins!

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 am

G ɪ ғ ᴛ . L ɪ ɴ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ᴛ

Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:40 am

S ᴘ ᴇ ᴄ ɪ ᴇ s . I ɴ ғ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

Bᴀsɪᴄ Bɪᴏʟᴏɢʏ........
    Rukami come in natural colors, but coat accents of blue, greens, and purples is not uncommon. Many have longer tufts of fur on their heads like hair, and their ears tails can come in all shapes and sizes. Rukami are seen with many different kinds of features, such as back manes, tusks, horns, longer claws, glowing eyes, multiple tails, and more. Some features are more rare than others, such as the presence or absence of hair being common and iridescent eyes being very rare.

Older Rukami are often found in mating pairs. They take many years to settle on the right partner, and typically mate for life. Kits are born one at a time, raised until they can fend for themselves, and are promptly kicked out to make way for new young. Females can have three to four offspring in their lifetimes. Both females and male are known to hold territories, but typically females are more nomadic as they search for males with the largest and most bountiful properties. Males can choose to wander and not hold territories, and sometimes groups of Rukami can live together, whether wandering or holding a territory.

Rukami can live for over a century. They can be any sexuality, but only male and female pairs can have young. Many times same-gender parents search for abandoned cubs and raise them as their own.
Bᴀsɪᴄ Eᴄᴏʟᴏɢʏ........
    Rukami can survive in any climate, as they adjust quickly to their surroundings. Mainly however they are found in forests, mountains, plains and river lands. Rarely will a pack or lone Rukami be found in a rainforest and even more rarely a desert because these habitats are harder for them to adjust to.

Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ........
    Rukami are mainly pack animals, rarely will they become solely solitary creatures. Male and female Rukami have separate pack rankings, the highest ranking is dominated by a male most commonly giving him the largest territory to hunt in.
    Rukami pack leaders can befriend one another, forming a more clan like organization between packs, they associate with one another and will defend adjoining territories. Female Rukami can disassociate with their mates once they have kits on rare occasion and only care for her kits.

Rukami females with her kits have been known to take control of a weak pack leader, to feel safer with their young. Females form packs of their own having 8 to 25 individual Rukami, during mating these types of packs become thin and can completely disappear when the female joins her mates pack or the two will start alone, leaving both their packs to create their own.
    Elder Rukami can be forced from a pack, being viewed as weak if they are not smart or well skilled, it is not uncommon for these Rukami to form their own pack to keep one another safe, generally these packs have only 4 or 8 Rukami in it at a time.

Cʀᴀғᴛɪɴɢ........
    wip

Fᴀᴄᴛs........
    Rukami are mainly carnivorous and prefer raw meats. They do however often combine foods, eating berries, nuts, and some leafy greens. They have also been found to use spices and salts to keep their food and improve the taste.

Generally Rukami are 11 feet at their tallest and the smallest is 8.5 feet, this is not including Kits though as they end up the same size as their parents and as they age they grow rapidly.
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Questions!

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:40 am

Answer any of the following questions to help the species grow, expand, and help make more Rukami!

Code: Select all
    [b]What colors would you like to see?[/b]

[b]What types of designs, patterns and markings do you like?[/b]

[b]What are your favorite edits?[/b]

[b]What do you like about the species?[/b]
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 am

Posting is Open!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2335111][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/196/e/5/rukamistamp_by_lifewithpi-d7qtuku.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ℜ υ ƙ ä ℳ ⍳ [Fan Club]

Postby .Ape. » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:23 am

FAN CLUB! YES!

What colors would you like to see? I love all colors so this isn't a big thing for me. So far I think its great! But like many other adoptables I think some Rukami based off of real animals would be pretty cool looking.

What types of designs, patterns and markings do you like?
I've always been a sucker for tribal designs and swirls.
Anything that a tribesman would paint on himself.

What are your favorite edits? (hair, clothes, jewelry, ect.)
My absolute favorite edits are elongated teeth, horns, and hair.

What do you like about the species?
I like everything about them! Their background info and especially how they have the potential for advancement and a working society. If they all joined together they could eventually end up like us.

On a side note the ONLY problem I have with them is their breeding. With only one kit being born it would be difficult to decide who gets the kit if you breed with another user. But i'm sure we could eventually come to a decision.
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby growl.lingo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 pm

What colors would you like to see? ||
    Personally some really dark blue-grays or reddish-grays would look really nice to me.

What types of designs, patterns and markings do you like? ||
    I really like the ones that look lightly speckled with lighter and darker spots <3 Also ones based off of gods / legends and animals seem to look very nice also.

What are your favorite edits? (hair, clothes, jewelry, ect.)
    I really like metal edits of any kind. Even those little chain link bracelets look really cool to me. Besides that I like the idea of masks and edits to actual Rukamis body like torn ears or bobbed tails.

What do you like about the species?
    I like the species concept and how they're not very closely to dogs or wolves like most species on here. It's more original i like that uvu <3

growl.lingo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:31 am

Today is just an awesome day! The summer advent is pretty cool but the best part of today is Rukami #22 is being judged today! Got some big plans for him if I win. Then on top of that I'm anticipating some awesome kit outcomes from PK while my Dracul is preparing to tighten up on defenses around his territory in anticipation of his kits as well! >.< lol
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:38 am

shebawolf; wrote:Also, I think it would be a good idea to start commissions, I have a certain rukami in mind that I'd die for in order to own her.

Artists are aloud to sell a custom Rukami after making 10, so just keep an eye out for those ;> (I'm pretty sure I'm close to 10).

I haven't been active on CS in years,
probably more.
If you want to get a hold of me message
me on deviantart.
My commissions are open on dA!

<3 <3 <3
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Ape. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:53 am

PurpleKakashi wrote:
shebawolf; wrote:Also, I think it would be a good idea to start commissions, I have a certain rukami in mind that I'd die for in order to own her.

Artists are aloud to sell a custom Rukami after making 10, so just keep an eye out for those ;> (I'm pretty sure I'm close to 10).

Oooh! <.< >.>

*saves anything and everything that could be considered payment*
.Ape.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me