Thrifting Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Thrifting Club

Postby ChevyTheQH » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:13 pm

┏ ━━━━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━━━━━┓

welcome!

hello! welcome to the thrifting club!
this is a place to talk about anything thrifting related,
share your thrift finds, chat about thrifting, find people like you!

rules:

- all cs rules apply!
- tag spoilers!! (i.e upcoming story events)
(early story events don't need to be tagged)
- avoid arguing
- be respectful, and unjudgemental!
- please don't spam!
double posting is fine as long as it's
not the same thing as the previous post!
-DO NOT SHARE YOUR LOCATION
ex.
Good-I got this from Goodwill
BAD- I got this from Goodwill in Detroit
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ┚
-──────𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
Ash | She/Her | Equestrian
My life revolves around horses
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thrifting Club

Postby ChevyTheQH » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:45 am

bump
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thrifting Club

Postby laconicanswers » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:00 am

This is the perfect club for me, I thrift all the time! I usually try to go once a week or every second week because my two favorite places to thrift have a really fast turnaround.

It has been a while since I got lucky though. (I think it might have been the first week of January...) I got two woolen sweaters for 15 $ (converted from my local currency to USD). Idk how the prices are in other countries, but here, that's a good deal. Also, it was perfect timing because our boiler broke when the technician came to do a check-up on it. So I have had to use my thrifted sweaters a lot this past week!

I also got my kiddo a snow suit at one of the two local thrift stores dedicated to children's items. It was around 7 $. I hope my kid won't get tired of mama's thrifting habits because children's clothes are just ridiculously pricey here.

I can snap some pictures of my thrift finds and show 'em off here if that'd be fun?
laconicanswers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChevyTheQH » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:56 am

albinusa wrote:
This is the perfect club for me, I thrift all the time! I usually try to go once a week or every second week because my two favorite places to thrift have a really fast turnaround.

It has been a while since I got lucky though. (I think it might have been the first week of January...) I got two woolen sweaters for 15 $ (converted from my local currency to USD). Idk how the prices are in other countries, but here, that's a good deal. Also, it was perfect timing because our boiler broke when the technician came to do a check-up on it. So I have had to use my thrifted sweaters a lot this past week!

I also got my kiddo a snow suit at one of the two local thrift stores dedicated to children's items. It was around 7 $. I hope my kid won't get tired of mama's thrifting habits because children's clothes are just ridiculously pricey here.

I can snap some pictures of my thrift finds and show 'em off here if that'd be fun?

I would love to see your thrift finds! ill share some of mine as well
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChevyTheQH » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:52 am

Woohoo! New thrift store opening in my area! I’m so excited! I’m going to try and go there today!
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laconicanswers » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:07 am

ChevyTheQH wrote:Woohoo! New thrift store opening in my area! I’m so excited! I’m going to try and go there today!

Oh yay! How many stores do you have in your area now? Also, I hope you found some really neat stuff?

I went thrifting last Wednesday, but sadly did not find what I was looking for: a particular kind of funnel to make coffee with. It's a pretty simple item, so I had hoped they'd have it. However, I might have time to go tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some white collared shirts or something like that. I also saw some embroidered lace collars (yup, just the collars) that were lovely but decided against them... Sort of regretted that. I might get them if they're still there tomorrow though I highly doubt it.
laconicanswers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfycat101 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:22 am

albinusa wrote:Oh yay! How many stores do you have in your area now? Also, I hope you found some really neat stuff?

I went thrifting last Wednesday, but sadly did not find what I was looking for: a particular kind of funnel to make coffee with. It's a pretty simple item, so I had hoped they'd have it. However, I might have time to go tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up some white collared shirts or something like that. I also saw some embroidered lace collars (yup, just the collars) that were lovely but decided against them... Sort of regretted that. I might get them if they're still there tomorrow though I highly doubt it.

The lace collars sound like they're lovely!! If you do get them I'd be so interested in looking at them :)
Good luck with the funnel as well!!! I hope you can get the best brew possible!!

ChevyTheQH wrote:Woohoo! New thrift store opening in my area! I’m so excited! I’m going to try and go there today!

I'm so jealous, I don't got any too close to me except for 30 minutes or longer away unfortunately ;w;
I wanna go more though! Got some cute shirts and even a dress before!!!

Went to a smaller Goodwill the other night, got a cute ouija purse for my fiend that was only $3, can't find a good example pic but the inside was red and the outside had very minimal damage, aside from missing its optional strap, so I think it was an absolute steal!!
Also got a green bear ty beanie baby and a penguin Flashlight Friend, both for just a dollar so I was very happy about those! Might go back sometime, kinda regret not getting a cute soft sweater but I was worried about the size :(
Wolfycat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laconicanswers » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:39 pm

OOTD, fully thrifted outfit! This is what I'll wear today! My goal is to have my closet filled with mainly thrifted stuff. Obviously, I am not going to throw out any of my old clothes that I I can still use. (I still have some singlets that are literally 10+ years old that I still wear under my sweaters haha). This sweater was one of the thrift finds I was referring to in one of my earlier posts.

I did not manage to go to the thrift store yesterday, fingers crossed I'll be able to pop by today. I'll definitely show off the collars if I manage to snatch them up.

Wolfycat101 wrote: -snip-
Went to a smaller Goodwill the other night, got a cute ouija purse for my fiend that was only $3, can't find a good example pic but the inside was red and the outside had very minimal damage, aside from missing its optional strap, so I think it was an absolute steal!! - snip - Might go back sometime, kinda regret not getting a cute soft sweater but I was worried about the size :(

You sound like a wonderful friend! I'm sure they will be so happy that you snatched up a present for them, yay! It makes me so happy if I think of my friends when I see something while thrifting. I usually text them a pic because they're a little picky though hehe.

Can you try on the clothes at the store? The stores around me have changing rooms where you can try things on. Very helpful! But I realize that not all thriftstores in all areas have the option.I personally have a pretty good idea about what sizes fit me. Sweaters can be tricky though since they're a little shapeless when they're just laying flat.
laconicanswers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camaron » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:47 am

I have a little local thrift store in my area. If I disclosed the name, it would probably give away where I live, so I will not say that!

But, I always find such good things there, and for very cheap as well. All of the proceeds go to the disability center next door, so it makes me feel good to shop there.

Well anyways, one of these past few times that I have gone, I found a jacket on sale for only $2. For context, every week they have a new sale, like BOGO of a select category of clothes, shoes, or furniture, or every piece of clothing is 4/$1. Really good deals. BUT, I ended up looking the brand up - "Woolrich" - and all of their stuff retails for on average for like $450-$1,000+. I was so happy, not even going to lie. It is an amazing jacket. But that was my best find thus far, though I have found dresses, etc., that retail for well over $200 or so dollars.

I love thrifting! :)
What You Allow Will Continue

♡ Camaron / Female / Cancer ♡

───────

Hey, YOU! Do you struggle with high value trades, want a community that shares your hobbies, and a chance to win valuable pets? Join LTCS on Discord and get advice from seasoned Chicken Smoothie (CS) players (faster than the fair trade thread), stay informed about events, gain valuable tips, participate in rare+ giveaways, and much more!

Join the server by clicking HERE!

Camaron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:25 am

Oh my goodness! Hello fellow thrifters! <3
    I love to go thrifting, especially with my mom, aunt, and cousins.

My mom recently bought me this horse statue. Retail value was $ 30, she got it for $4! She was super dusty and had her horn broken off. I've given her a deep clean and plan to sculpt her a new horn and give her a fresh coat of paint.
    IMG 1 & IMG 2

Almost my entire closet is thrifted. I don't buy many items other than clothes, honestly. But I'll try to find some pics of my most beloved items and post them here. :)
    Also, one of my local thrift stores donates all of their earnings to our local humane society! Idk how they pay their bills, but that's my favorite place to go since it's for such a good cause!
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me