Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby Susiron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Zoe,

The legs are a bit off-- especially the position of the front one, but they are NOT too long.
In fact, the legs actually look pretty good, except for the front one closest to us. It's just a bit awkwardly bend is all.

August, your redline gives it nubby little legs... It wouldn't be able to walk correctly with those at all.
Even a basset hound doesn't have nub legs like that. . _ .

Actually, you even made the anatomy of those legs worse, August...
You really should work on your own leg anatomy before redlining theirs. : /
Last edited by Susiron on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pastel1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 pm

zoe i will red line

can anyone (i wish susiron would ur such a great artist) help me on this real quick
Attachments
rwerwqe.png
rwerwqe.png (120 KiB) Viewed 100 times
*ATTENTION MODS AND ADMINS*

I have a new account with the user GasW0lf. No I will NOT cheat or get this months pets again, im not that kind of person. I have pm'd staff and am just waiting reply.
pastel1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 pm

I'd be happy to help, Pastel, but is there any way you could put that on a white background?
My eyes aren't the best, and bright colours against dark backgrounds are a bit violent to them. xD
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Susiron- ;-; I said it wasn't for proportions and that it was just an opinion. I'll go delete it, geez...shouldn't have tried to help i guess. /goes to hide
Last edited by Calix on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedpup » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Zoë wrote:
Click me! I NEED REDLINING!

Yep. I'd like some redlining. And if you can't offer that, critique. The front leg seems a bit messed up to me. I don't know. Tell me what you think!

Can't redline atm but I see faults in the joints. The upper arm should be slightly straight down,and then bend at the wrist area. Their right leg should bend towards the outer area either,it should be inward,or straight forward. The left arm is too "high up" try lowering it down,and tucking it back through the chest where it appears shorter than the right. c:
Love the posing btw! :D

@Susiron; Is this a WIP? ouo If not you may want to define it more,unless that's the style. Love the emotion it conveys,and the soft colors. <3

@Pastel; Their right leg is a bit far out,and the wrist is a too thick,and should "dent in" a bit more. The back legs are also awkwardly placed,as they appear too small and widen way too much. ^^;
EDIT; Also the head is too small,try making it bigger,and more muscley.~
EDITEDIT; The neck fur is also reversed it seems,the fur would flow downwards more in this pose. And the left dew claw is on the bottom of wrist,not the top like here.
Last edited by wickedpup on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wickedpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pastel1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:53 pm

thats fine here you are
Attachments
rwerwqe.png
rwerwqe.png (140.72 KiB) Viewed 91 times

I have a new account with the user GasW0lf. No I will NOT cheat or get this months pets again, im not that kind of person. I have pm'd staff and am just waiting reply.
pastel1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:56 pm

August,

Even for positions, it's less accurate...
There's no need to get upset over it. Redlines are just as capable of being critiqued as actual images-- more so sometimes, if the advice may lead the artist astray.

Laelia,

Naw, the painting's completely finished. I thought of defining it more, but since the dragon's in the back of the forest, thought that making him blend into the background would suit more. :3
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pastel1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 pm

red line for zoe, sorry if the anatomy is alittle off im still learning too
Attachments
htru.png
htru.png (285.33 KiB) Viewed 79 times

pastel1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:17 pm

I've actually never drawn this pose before, so I may be off in a couple of places, but--

The first thing I notice is that your legs and back are REALLY big.
Even in that position, a wolf's legs shouldn't stick out that much. The fur from its neck, and overall mass of its body, will still cover up much of the shoulders.
The neck should be longer, and the head lower. The fur of the neck should actually be most of what you see, and then the slope of the rump. Showing a lot of shoulder is really awkward looking.
Also, from the position you have the eyes, it looks like the wolf is looking down. In this position, the nose should be completely at the end of the snout, rather than back up to show some of the mouth. If you still want to show some of the mouth, than the position of the eyes should be altered.
The ears looked a little big, but that's just personal preference. I didn't draw the hair in the redline, as I just don't draw hair on animals.
The paws are a bit too bulky, and the toes are oddly shaped. Wolf paws actually squish out quite a lot when they're standing, and the metacarpals don't show that much-- it looks too strained.
I didn't draw it since I always forget to include dewclaws, but the dewclaws should be lower down on the ankle, right before the metacarpal area.
The legs look a bit awkward in shape, and the elbows should be more defined.
The hind leg looks a bit shorter The thigh should still be pronounced, even at that angle, rather than just making the leg straight.

And feel free to ignore my edits on the little wings-- I'm just a nazi when it comes to wing anatomy. xD

Not really in the same pose, but still a valid reference--

http://lupinicious.deviantart.com/art/W ... e%3A1&qo=0

Notice how tucked the legs are under the overall mass of fur.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Looks like someone already posted a redline, but since I already did this I'll post it. Here, Zoe:

The belly wouldn't go in as far as you had it, and I fixed the legs into a standing position, though I wasn't sure if you were going for that or a sort of floating position, sorry :/ I didn't really do much else, though, just went over it completely cause i felt like it. ono
Duh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me