Artist Army {old thread}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Artist Army

Postby DoctorDraca » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Alrighty then. Your post has been added. c:
Also, thanks for the comments, guys.
When I was placing details on him, his head did seem a little small. Nice of you to notice, Susiron.

Susiron, I've noticed this before but never actually made a comment on it. You seem to give all your guys the same face. I was looking through your dA gallery a while back and noticed this rather clearly. Parsley, Tristan, Evan and now Peter all seem to share the same face. Especially the jawline is almost the same in all your guys. I'm not sure if you're aware of that, so I thought I'd just say.

For Peter, you have about the opposite if my problem. The head is rather big in comparison to the body. But I know you adopt a more cartoonesque style so that's forgiven. I do adore his ears, I must say, as well as his lovely rabbit legs. Mind where you place your tail, though. It looks like it's coming out of his bum rather than being an extension of the spine. I know that rabbit tails are placed rather low, but it works with their curved spine and round anatomy. When placing it on a human, you need to mind their shape. I don't know if that made sense. And don't worry, me and hands aren't the best of friends either.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alexander White » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm

oh my god i just did a sketch i'm actually sort of proud of but i can't really put it here because ratings.

alskdnas uh
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv29 ... 3730AM.png
heavily edited and not so good looking anymore, oh well. if you want to see it unedited, there is a link to my safe tumblr, and from there you can find the link to my actual tumblr with the good stuff (by good i mean adult material, but thats always good)

lol sameface syndrom. i totally have that

I love drawing men and all things manly and gay.
I can't draw animals at all, I just like to look at them and wish I could
I rarely take commissions for anything other than real money, sorry kids
Alexander White

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Gahh, yes, you're completely right about the faces. xD
I've been trying to focus on actually learning human anatomy now-- since I was pretty much ignoring it for a long time-- but, I'm afraid, I'm getting a bit stuck with PERSONIFYING that anatomy. For now, it would seem, I only really make the noses and ears different. Eyes, jaw, and even brows are stuck in the same mix. OTL
Hopefully I can fix that as I get more sure with the anatomy-- I know it took me ages to start defining my wolves uniquely. xD

You're also right about the tail, now that I look at it! : O
I'll raise that up when I go to line. :3

I swear, head sizes have never liked me. OTL
I remember reading somewhere that people often draw the head too large as it's seen as very important on the body-- I think I've followed that mindset without realizing it up until a few months ago, and correcting it is quite a chore.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destrie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Okay... here's me trying equine stuff... what do you think?
(the foal was originally drawn on paper, and i traced over it on dA so you could see the lines... i hope that's okay,
i originally drew it and it looked exactly the same, but the lines were way to light and you could barely see them)
ImageImage
aka Des | She/Her | USA
[Toyhouse] | [deviantArt]
[Join me on Furry-Paws]
Inactive, but still here~

[Avatar by Nok]
[Sig Art by me]
Destrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kavlri » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm

So, I just look around in someone's gallery and saw they red line a wolf, well their anatomy is not quite like a "wolf" at all so I go to the original and red line it myself(the person put it in editable oekaki, so I can edit it).

Now I look at my own red line(that is actually green)and not quite sure if the anatomy is quite right or not, as I'm still practicing myself. If you would like to re-red line it that's fine, or at least point me into the right direction. Thanks.
This is the original oekaki-link

on hiatus. previously Peace-Colby
jbd agings

(last update 5/10/2016)
If you want my JBD design transferred, you MUST ask me first!

ask.fm|deviantART|tumblr|flight rising
commission|characters|my JBDs
serrets|mippi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the d » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:39 am

Peace&Colby wrote:So, I just look around in someone's gallery and saw they red line a wolf, well their anatomy is not quite like a "wolf" at all so I go to the original and red line it myself(the person put it in editable oekaki, so I can edit it).

Now I look at my own red line(that is actually green)and not quite sure if the anatomy is quite right or not, as I'm still practicing myself. If you would like to re-red line it that's fine, or at least point me into the right direction. Thanks.
This is the original oekaki-link

I can't redline right now, but I don't see much wrong with it other than the hind legs, the bone between the hock and the paw is a bit too long, the one you have looks like one you would see on a domestic cat.
Try shortening that, and maybe fluffing it out a bit, wolves have long fluffy coats, especially on their chests and bellies.
i am the dark loRD SANTA
ImageImageImageImageImage
frEedoM !!! the D!!!
WISDUMB
the d smart?????
im $100% specialler that u

http://lokii-laufeyson.tumblr.com/
folloW ME HERE BAKAS ^^^
he dyes in the end
drOP IT LIKE ITs hot,,,....?!
the d

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winterfaux » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:38 am

Woah, I missed all of the crit on my dog thing and just found it now x3 Thank you for all the kind words and I agree with the back leg crit, that is one of my main area's of fault- but I am proud to say I actually used a reference for those back legs. However I used a cheetah so that may be why it's a little funky.
Thank you for all your help <3
Will do Breedings~
Check art thread for info

Livestream;Offline
‎"To say 'I love you' one must know first how to say the 'I'."
\\:Characters://
\\:Art thread://
Image Image
Winterfaux

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Not me nope » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 am

I am drawing on CS oekaki, I was wondering if anyone wishes to Join.me? :B

Horse lover, I'm not the best on horses so I'm afraid I can't help you but It's better than my attempts, keep working on them and try to keep the legs all in preportion.

PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BECCA~ASH

All I want is nothing more,
To see you knocking at my door,
'Cause if I could see your face once more,
I would die a happy man I'm sure.

~ Kodaline (All I Want)
Not me nope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 am

I was wondering if I could get some critique on a pony I drew, if anyone can critique mlp style?
Click because it's huge
I need a lot of help with lines, especially hair, and back legs. I feel like she's too big to look like a filly. Any suggestions/help/redlines are very much appreciated.

Alexander White- That's stunning o: It looks just like the professional sketches I have in my anatomy book. It's absolutely perfect in my eyes <3

Art Shop: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4788164
currently closed
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 am

http://envelopelicker.deviantart.com/#/d4law1j

Can anyone critique this?
Thankee. C:

And your mlp style is coming along well! I don't know how to do it really, so I can't help much. x3

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum