Axoltols?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Axoltols?

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:15 pm

JuniiPOP! wrote:
Queenie! wrote:
JuniiPOP! wrote:Aww, that sounds so adorable!
Can you pet them? Do you pat their heads, or rub their scale things, or?

You can gently pet their heads, but you have to be careful because too much petting can mess up their slime coat. They don't have scales, they just have a layer of "slime" that protects their skin from damage. They're more of a "look and don't touch" sort of pet.

Interesting! I feel a bit dumb now lol, Do we have axolotls in australia?
Also, if you play with them, how do you play with them?
And living habitats, do you put them in a cage? if so, is the cage water only, or water and land, or land?

Yes, you can get axolotls in Australia! They aren't native, though, if that's what you mean. Axolotls come from a lake in Mexico. They're actually a severely endangered species in the wild, but in captivity they thrive. I've known of some people that have trained theirs to come when it's feeding time, and even some that have trained them to swim through rings!
They live in aquariums and are fully aquatic. They live their entire lives in the water. It's extremely rare for an axolotl to "metamorphose" into a full salamander.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:26 pm

JuniiPOP! wrote:
Queenie! wrote:
Yes, you can get axolotls in Australia! They aren't native, though, if that's what you mean. Axolotls come from a lake in Mexico. They're actually a severely endangered species in the wild, but in captivity they thrive. I've known of some people that have trained theirs to come when it's feeding time, and even some that have trained them to swim through rings!
They live in aquariums and are fully aquatic. They live their entire lives in the water. It's extremely rare for an axolotl to "metamorphose" into a full salamander.

Oh thanks! I wasn't asking if they were native though lol, If I ever got one I'd have staring contests with it ):D
(assuming they have eyelids- otherwise they'd have an unfair advantage-)

They don't have eyelids, actually, so you would lose. X3 Still, they're a lot of fun and can have very interesting personalities. My old axie, Cthulhu, was a major tough guy. I kept snails in his tank and he would always bully them, so I eventually had to remove them. I also gave him a live fish to eat once and he snapped it up so quick!

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:30 pm

JuniiPOP! wrote:
Queenie! wrote:
JuniiPOP! wrote:Oh thanks! I wasn't asking if they were native though lol, If I ever got one I'd have staring contests with it ):D
(assuming they have eyelids- otherwise they'd have an unfair advantage-)

They don't have eyelids, actually, so you would lose. X3 Still, they're a lot of fun and can have very interesting personalities. My old axie, Cthulhu, was a major tough guy. I kept snails in his tank and he would always bully them, so I eventually had to remove them. I also gave him a live fish to eat once and he snapped it up so quick!

If the axolotl engages in a staring competition for too long, they will die.
My roblox avatar is great at staring at contests and he is immortal.
https://www.roblox.com/users/455438196/profile

Poor snails, how so would he bully them? like whack them?

He would pick them up by their shells and spit them out across the tank. I think maybe he was trying to eat them, but I guess they didn't taste good or he couldn't fit them in his mouth fully. As funny as it was to watch at the time, I'm sure it was traumatizing for the poor snails. ;u;

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverRipple » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 am

So cuuuuuute
SilverRipple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RealCipher » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 am

I basically consider Axolotls- like- superior. They can regenerate basically anything, perfectly. I knew about Axolotls, well before they were announced to be in Minecraft. Me and my friend used to share this interest a lot, as in our online school our profile picture was that of an Axolotl. My friend was almost going to get one for Christmas, but then she announced further that she sadly cannot. Honestly I'm going to stick to my love for these creatures, even if others feel differently. At least axolotl awareness is being spread through, they are sadly decreasing in the wild.

“ℐ 𝒶𝓂 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, ℐ 𝒶𝓂 𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓈𝑒𝒹, ℐ 𝒶𝓂 𝓌𝒽𝑜 ℐ’𝓂 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝑒.”
⬙ 𝘏𝘪𝘺𝘢, 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘊𝘪𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳! ⬙
~ 𝘞𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘵 ~
𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 1𝘹1 𝘙𝘗, 𝘗𝘔 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥.
3:20𝘱𝘮 - 8:45𝘱𝘮 𝘌𝘚𝘛 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴
⬙ 𝘈𝘹𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘭𝘴 ⬙
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hey, I’m sure you’ve noticed I’m completely inactive now. I have new things I’m working on, and I’m not sure if I’m ever coming back. Thank you all for the memories shared on this platform. Until we meet again. <3
RealCipher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainAltenor » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 am

Axolotls are love, axolotls are life.
“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering..."

Welcome! My name's Captain, and I'm a performing arts virtuoso with a soft spot for decades past. Feel free to send trades of any sort- I'm always up for it.

And, of course, have a great day/night!
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Whale » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:24 am

The fact that they have external gills is so wild!! :0
Not many animals can match the axolotl when it comes to the sheer amount of weird interesting things they've got going on!
Rooster Whale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wonkypaws » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:41 am

axolotls are my younger brother’s favorite animal, he absolutely LOVES them. he has an axolotl plushie and blanket that my mom crocheted for him, he nicknames himself “axo”, and basically he really loves them
he’s not on cs but i’d bet he’d love this thread, ill tell him about it
edit: he liked it :)
"be an adult, forget we ever held hands"
jordan/em - she/he/they - 10/17 - ©

hey, i’m jordan. i’m a fanartist who mainly spends my time blasting emo music, drawing, or reading edgy ya novels/edgy fanfiction. i’m rarely active here but if i ever do come on, it’s for the forum games & oekaki

talk to me about my interests i will explode about them to you
Wonkypaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me