To any and all bunny owners

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

To any and all bunny owners

Postby Snugglebug » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:20 pm

So basically, I have two male bunnies, one a Holland lop, and another a New Zealand bunny. The lop is my focus though. He doesn't groom himself and seems to be in distress. We are looking to get them fixed (bc of the ways they distribute dominance, I don't think I have to say it) Will fixing Mochi, my lop, cause him to become happy again? Is it because of the territorial stress? What can I do to help him?
my hyperfixations change a lot, but my love for u never does... autism rizz
Snugglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: To any and all bunny owners

Postby Snugglebug » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:49 am

bumppp
Snugglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snugglebug » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:31 pm

bump
Snugglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnnillaExtract » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:22 pm

I have a lop as well as a lionhead so hopefully, I can help a bit. Also feel free to message me if you'd like.

Two male rabbits are very unlikely to get along after reaching adulthood, they're very territorial animals so its very likely thats causing a lot of stess. Fixing not one, but both of them can really help a lot. Only fixing one could end up with just as much territorial fighting as not fixing either of them. Also remember that even after the procedure they need a couple weeks to a month for their hormones to even out.

Always keep an eye on any signs of GI Stasis, feeling down could very well be an early sign so get him checked by a vet if you can, feel his tummy for stiffness, check his litterbox for off shapes, make sure he's eating well. Does he take treats? If he wont rush him to the vet asap and get him some critical care to keep him fed. Make sure he's still eating his cecotropes.

Theres always a chance he could just be depressed and bored as well. Make sure he always has unlimited non-alfalfa hay, fresh greens daily, switch out his toys often so theres always something new to explore. Maybe try some treat toys if you havent already! Is he getting enough exercise and run time outside of his enclosure?

What kind of enclosure are they in? And are they housed together? Also what kinds of greens do you feed him? I found my boy gets a bit lethargic if he eats too much of certain greens like spinach. Are they bonded yet?
AnnillaExtract

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me