* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Greenleaf » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:53 am

Hey folks! Sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but unfortunately I recently broke my bird's glass water bottle by accident (one of those pet bottle types that look like this) and haven't had much luck in finding a replacement in the local pet shops. I've tried checking out a few glass bottles on Amazon, but I've been getting pretty mixed reviews and I'm worried that I'll accidentally order a bad brand or something lol. Does anyone have any brand recommendations for glass water bottles for birds?

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:22 am

Greenleaf wrote:Hey folks! Sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but unfortunately I recently broke my bird's glass water bottle by accident (one of those pet bottle types that look like this) and haven't had much luck in finding a replacement in the local pet shops. I've tried checking out a few glass bottles on Amazon, but I've been getting pretty mixed reviews and I'm worried that I'll accidentally order a bad brand or something lol. Does anyone have any brand recommendations for glass water bottles for birds?

Sorry, I have no idea. I use a bowl, not a bottle. But maybe someone else can see this and help? (bump)
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sydneydf » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:27 am

Username: sydneydf
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): Currently, I have a yellow-crowned amazon and a congo african grey
How long have you had them?: I've had the amazon 1 year and the grey for 6 months (but before this I've had a cockatiel, budgies and another amazon)
What brings you to the bird chat?: I love birds and love reading stories about them (+ i'm an aspiring bird vet)
    Scorpio
    Queer
    Mental Health Advocate
    (if you ever need someone to talk
    to I am always happy to help/listen)
    She/Her
    Vet Student
    Nature Lover
    Parrot, guinea pig, rabbit (rip beans), and snake owner
sydneydf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:47 am

sydneydf wrote:Username: sydneydf
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): Currently, I have a yellow-crowned amazon and a congo african grey
How long have you had them?: I've had the amazon 1 year and the grey for 6 months (but before this I've had a cockatiel, budgies and another amazon)
What brings you to the bird chat?: I love birds and love reading stories about them (+ i'm an aspiring bird vet)

I love Amazons! My realistic dream parrot is a blue-fronted Amazon. (My unrealistic dream parrot is a palm cockatoo.)
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sydneydf » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 am

Catsplat18 wrote:
sydneydf wrote:Username: sydneydf

I love Amazons! My realistic dream parrot is a blue-fronted Amazon. (My unrealistic dream parrot is a palm cockatoo.)

Ahh my old amazon was a blue-fronted!! I loved him so much, they have such funny personalities
    Scorpio
    Queer
    Mental Health Advocate
    (if you ever need someone to talk
    to I am always happy to help/listen)
    She/Her
    Vet Student
    Nature Lover
    Parrot, guinea pig, rabbit (rip beans), and snake owner
sydneydf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyulf » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 am

Not quite sure how it happened but I'm now the human Mother to 4 budgies 😮😀😆

They are all young chick rescues the latest little one was actually raised by Jangle my oldest (1 1/2 years) the little chick was last to hatch and would have been neglected or stepped on and suffocated by the rest of the clutch of chicks that we're a good bit older.
I took the 1 day old chick to Jangle and asked her if she could look after it as she was on her infertile eggs, I said "This baby needs you, do you want to look after it."
I put the chick in her nest box, she took it under her wing, literally, then fed it.
The chick is now a healthy 5 week old that my male budgie Sky has made friends with, it's the first young budgie he's let share his cage.
Sky is 9 months old.

The new budgie is called Pip, short for Pipsqueak, as it's a petite lil feather fluff.
Pip is white upper body and light blue lower body.

My budgie Ollie turns one on Saturday. 😀
My Birthday 7th May

Eyulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustDucky » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Username:JustDucky
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ):My grandma has 6 doves. (she used to have 56)
How long have you had them?: She has had them since I was little
What brings you to the bird chat?: I have always wanted a bird.
ʆɩȵӄ credit
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Don't let your dreams stay memes."

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Username: ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)
How many birds do you own?: Four at the moment! One Lutino cockatiel (with the bald mutation omg I love it. His name is Oscar!), one Gray-Faced Pearl cockatiel(Data), one standard green budgie (Glitch), and one pastel blue budgie (Atari). All of them are males!
How long have you had them?: I've had Glitch for 3 years! All the others I've had for about 10 or 11 months now.
What brings you to the bird chat?: I wanted to find other bird people, share/get advice and maybe share/look for favorite products!
Image Image
𝑰𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭
hi! i'm aubrey. i love trades and
pms. i have bpd so i'm sorry if
if i'm moody! i'm an infj/4w5/cn

█████████████
─────────────
█████
█████

abt spty
trd mcr
█████
───𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭?
LIGHTS OFF
♏︎☀ - ♏︎ - ♒︎
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:30 am

Hey y'all, I have a question for anyone who owns birds that lives at a higher latitude.
I've got an 8 year old budgie who has been rather sleepy/grumpy as of late. He still eats, poops normally, chirps and plays (though a little less that usual for those last two), but he is a bit more subdued. He is in the middle of a molt right now (in between losing feathers and growing new pin feathers in) but I've been wondering if it could be the weather/cold that's making him sleepier? The sun sets at around 4 up here, and the sun itself rarely comes out from behind the clouds most days. We just had a blizzard, and the temperature dropped way more suddenly than it does most years. I don't think he's sick, but any thoughts? Do your birds get grumpier/more tired during the winter?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazz_Cat » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:37 am

Sneky wrote:Hey y'all, I have a question for anyone who owns birds that lives at a higher latitude.
I've got an 8 year old budgie who has been rather sleepy/grumpy as of late. He still eats, poops normally, chirps and plays (though a little less that usual for those last two), but he is a bit more subdued. He is in the middle of a molt right now (in between losing feathers and growing new pin feathers in) but I've been wondering if it could be the weather/cold that's making him sleepier? The sun sets at around 4 up here, and the sun itself rarely comes out from behind the clouds most days. We just had a blizzard, and the temperature dropped way more suddenly than it does most years. I don't think he's sick, but any thoughts? Do your birds get grumpier/more tired during the winter?

Sounds like he's being hormonal. The pin feathers are usually a sign of that. If it isn't, have you been changing his schedule? (Feeding, watering, etc) Also, if you're worried about sleeping, keep the lights on until you go to sleep. If you're worried about the cold, put a blanket over his cage at night.
Jazz_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me