Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby swift; » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:34 am

Does anyone else’s cat just….

your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grayson. » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:49 am

Brys wrote:Hello all.

I agree with Thalassic.
I've had a lot of cats in my life (buy, born in my house, find on the street) and each had their own personality and view of the world. Like any animal. I think.
One of my current cats had been found by my neighbor in the engine of his car (probably the kitten slipped in there to seek warmth) but he didn't find it right away and the poor guy was still in the engine when he used his car for shopping. When he understood that the mewings was in the engine, the neighbor brought him back to me thinking that it was the kitten that my family recently found in the street. So, we had two kittens in one week.

Today he is a 9-year-old adult cat, who spent a large part of his life being afraid, even of me or my family at times, until he naturally feels more comfortable.
Before, he spent a large part of his life outside or in the garden (I live in a house), once he got lost for two months, and when we found him I can guarantee you that he was happy to be back home.

Your cat is aware of your love and the security you bring her, just that she lives according to her nature. As you have already said, each of our pets has their own personality and reactions, which is what makes them unique.

PS: Sorry for the mistakes. I love our little furballs so much that I couldn't resist writing a little long text :')

Aww how sweet. I'm so glad that kitty is okay. Cats seem to be so misunderstood. They're so loving! Your response was also very comforting seeing that sometimes, it's just a normal thing for some of them. I've had a cat before who was very similar, where she was very afraid of everyone except me and another family member, but even then that cat was still very shy if say, I stood up and walked around. Honestly as long as Banshee knows me and my husband love her dearly, we'll be okay. Just takes a lot of patience!

northern lights. wrote:Does anyone else’s cat just….

How cute!!!
Grayson.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bun-Bungirl » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:58 am

My cat, Angel, or as I call her, fLuFfY bBy, umm... kinda strangles my bathroom rug. I was in the bathroom and I heard her and look ed to my side... my expression was pretty much this: ಠ_ಠ
Hey Y'all! Bun here! I'm a chicken smoothie user with a cat obsession.

*cough* Trade me cats *cough* ᓚᘏᗢ

Image Image Image
Bun-Bungirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:56 am

Serious question:
How do I get my cat to stop revenge eating charging cords?

She knows she's not supposed to eat them but does it when she's mad at me, as retaliation.
Please. They're expensive!!

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miskit » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:14 am

Meoauniaea wrote:Serious question:

She knows she's not supposed to eat them but does it when she's mad at me, as retaliation.

I've never had a cat who had a cord chewing problem, but mine DEFINITELY chew plants (or at least used to before i taught them not to)

the way I taught them to drop bad behaviours is when I catch them I will dawn my spray bottle full of water (not spraying them directly, but spraying it in the air as a threat or just shaking the water inside to tell them to knock it off) i found that my threatening spray bottle has taught them not to do many bad habits lol (works best when accompanied by an upset tone aimed at their action)
miskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:39 am

miskit wrote:

I've never had a cat who had a cord chewing problem, but mine DEFINITELY chew plants (or at least used to before i taught them not to)

the way I taught them to drop bad behaviours is when I catch them I will dawn my spray bottle full of water (not spraying them directly, but spraying it in the air as a threat or just shaking the water inside to tell them to knock it off) i found that my threatening spray bottle has taught them not to do many bad habits lol (works best when accompanied by an upset tone aimed at their action)

Actually I would stop using water squirrels as anything as it’s actually proven to make cats fearful of water/and on the rare occasion, you. Look into what Jackson Galaxy has said about it too.^^

Anyway, here’s my precious girl Roo!

your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:56 am

northern lights. wrote:[snip]

Actually I would stop using water squirrels as anything as it’s actually proven to make cats fearful of water/and on the rare occasion, you. Look into what Jackson Galaxy has said about it too.^^

I am inclined to agree with this. I've been holding my life together with Electrical Tape lately.... she's been that bad.... but I love her.

I just don't think she likes the new way I arranged the furniture.

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:14 am

Meoauniaea wrote:
northern lights. wrote:[snip]

I am inclined to agree with this. I've been holding my life together with Electrical Tape lately.... she's been that bad.... but I love her.

I just don't think she likes the new way I arranged the furniture.

Do you have any suggestions as to stop clingy? Roo will meow at the top of her lungs for 5-10 minutes straight she HAS to be wherever I am.. how do you stop a overly clingy cat? She’s 5 months if that helps any.
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:16 pm

We brought home a kitten last year who is horribly mouthy (he has improved a lot! But I don't think he'll ever get over it 100%. 😂)

He had it bad for cords, among other things, and what turned him off it was applying some bitter apple spray!

I think it's generally marketed towards dog chewing behavior but it's fine for kitties as well. It just tastes and smells really bitter, I suppose? For a couple weeks I was spraying whatever cord he'd go for end-to-end every few days (because the taste will wear off) while being very careful about getting anything on the actual plug-in bits. It can get a lil sticky but you can wipe it down with water when you need to handle it.

Some stuff to note: some kitties (and pubbies) actually like the taste, so it'll have the opposite effect, because of course. 🙄 I also try to spray/apply it when pets aren't around because they like to get right in the way and you don't want to spray them lol. No fun for anyone. We use Grannick's, but I know there are other brands--be careful looking at the ingredients list for others to make sure they're kitty-safe.

Also, I totally get what you mean by them acting up just to get attention. Sometimes our boys will do something they know will get (bad) attention just because they really want Something Else. Sometimes they want to go to another room, or to play with a certain toy, or just for my roomie to leave the office and sit on the couch so they can sit in their lap. 😂 If there's something you can do to distract them before their behavior gets bad, it helps!

Good luck!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:05 pm

one of my cats literally does not know how to meow. she only chitters. she also LICKS HER LIPS and drools when begging its so gross. her name, very fittingly, is stinky

she also doesn’t know how to make biscuits very well, play, or just do general cat things. makes me wonder what kind of life she had before we adopted her
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image