What animals do you own? (Poll)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What animals do you have?

Cat
25%
Dog
28%
Bird
7%
Rat or Mouse
5%
Lizard/Snake or similar
7%
Ferret/Weasel or similar
2%
Guinea pig/Hamster/Gerbil or similar
10%
Horse/Pony/Donkey etc
8%
Chickens/Sheep or other 'farm animals'
6%
None :(
2%

Total votes : 47120

Re: What animals do you own? (Poll)

Postby Dopamine » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:05 am

I have a Chihuahua/dachshund mix named Roxie. She looks like a black dachshund with longer legs and a longer tail. I've had her for around six years.

I also have a fish, who's orange. His name is Ronathan. When I first got him, he was part of a science project that dealed with how they survived when we gave them different amounts of food and tank water. I got the first fish for our group. He was bright red, small and a spazz. His colors reminded us of Ron Weasley's hair and this guy in our group with naturally bright red hair called Jonathan. So we combined the names and came up with Ronathan. We had two other fish: Candy Corn and Chubby. Candy Corn died for unknown reasons. So Alicia (A girl in my group) and I got to take the fish home. About a month later, Alicia reported that one of her bigger fish ate Chubby. :shock: I've had Ronathan for around a year. Over the months, he got bigger and less redder. Now he's orange... and not a spazz.

I used to have hamsters when I was little. I got my first hamster, Daisy when I was six. She was a Teddy Bear Hamster (If that's what they're actually called.) She was sweet and tolerant of my six-year-old self. One day; she got out of her hamster ball and was never seen again. One of my later hamsters, Ginger, had babies on Christmas morning. ^^ But two died when they were born. (She had three.) I don't have any more hamsters today.
Dopamine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pugnacious! » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 am

Yay! A pet topic! Well I have a bit of a zoo at home. (not to mention even though we live in the city my mom wants to get a cow) We have 4 hens, 1 rooster, 4 dogs, (and my mom's a pet-sitter/dog-walker/vet tech so we usually have about 2 extras) 5 cats, (did i forget to mention my mom does rescue? :lol: ) a fish tank with about 15 fish, and 1 yellow-naped amazon parrot. My dad has 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a fish tank with about 30 fish in it. And for some reson my mom wants to add a farm, specifically... (I can't spell big words, sorry)
1 cow
1 Umbrella Cockatoo
3 potbelly pigs
2 rats
1 goat
1 lamb (and whats going to happen when it grows into a sheep, mom?)
1 llama (why...? She doesn't even like llamas!)
It might hav been an alpaca but I don't remember...
A bunch more chickens
Another cow to keep the other one happy
4 horses

Meanwhile... I have convinced mom that we could not fit 2 cows, 3 potbelly pigs, a goat, a lamb (again, what happens when it becomes a sheep?!), a llama/alpaca, a bunch more chickens, and 4 horses in our yard.I mean the cow alone would take up almost (probably) half the yard. Moms. What can you do?
Desperately Seeking Sphynxes!
[ Pug | Agender (They/Them) | Pansexual | ENFP ]
Currently invested in The Magnus Archives and events of High Strangeness

[ Magistream ]

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pugnacious!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Olivia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 pm

I have two Golden Retrievers named Sunny and Shadow. :]
Olivia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:07 am

My menagerie has slimmed down considerably, the Goats, Horses, Sheep, Chickens, Pigs, Cows, Snakes, Birds, multiple Lizards, etc are gone since I grew up and had kids.

We've got three dogs, an American PitBull named Daisy, English Setter named Liz, and a German Shorthair named Jager.
a dozen Rats,
two Domestic Shorthair Cats named Black Snowball (guess what color she is) and Cookie
a pair of Love Birds named Rosie and Peaches,
and I've got a few hundred gallons worth of freshwater, brackish, and marine fish.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cedarstar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 am

Are you ready?!?!?! I have 2 cats, Isabella and her son Tubba, my dog Lacey, 4 rats Tout Petit, Philipe, Jacob, Opal, 2 birds Grant, Wendy, 3 snakes Tanya, Baby, Abigale, 4 hermit crabs Shrimp, Monstro, Speedy, Mini-mi, 2 tortoises Kobe Mir, 2 leopard geckos, a guinea pig Tina, and a bunny (no name yet). :D

EDIT BIG TIME!

2 dogs 2 cats a cockatiel, a cockatoo, 2 bunnies, 5 chickens, 5 snakes, a hermit crab, a tortoise, a rat, multiple (as in too many to count) Vietnamese walking sticks, 2 bearded dragons, 2 leopard geckos, and a baby snapping turtle.
Last edited by Cedarstar on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Cedarstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quittingggg. » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 am

I own two hamsters. The boy one is Cubby (pronuced chubby) i got my username from him cuz i love him so much~! Then i have Nibbles. Shes the gurl one. I love them both but cubbys nicer; he dont bite.

Chunkyy wrote:
Be who you are and never pull back.. Even if you think you are the worst person on Earth. You aren't. Everyone has problems and some people just don't know how to deal with them. If something doesn't go your way, just brush it off and continue to do the things you love. Don't quit something you love, just because one thing doesn't go right. Everything will be right in the end, even if it takes forever.
Quittingggg.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaria » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:43 pm

I got......
1 horse: Buddy
6 cats: Kaliey, Maria, Honey, Devil, Raven, Salomn
1 Guina Pig: Saffron
2 dogs: Sombrero, Regal

Dogs:
Sombrero is a dashaund. He has brown, black, and white.
Regal is a Enlish Setter. He is white with brown spots.

Cats:
Kaliey is a calico. short haired.
Honey is calico also. she is long haired
Devil is long haired. he is a orange tabby.
Maria is a short haired black cat.
So is Raven. He is also a short haired.
Salomn is a tuxedo colored cat. She is long haired.

Horse:
Buddy the horse is chestnut colored quarter horse.

Guina Pig:
Saffron is calico like colored piggy.

I ALSO have 3 sheep, 4 goats, lots of chickens, and some ducks

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ISNT THAT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ғ ᴜ r у » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 am

I have 2 dogs and a cat, Ginger and Angel are the dogs, they are both Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Sammy the cat is a manx.
- ғ ᴜ r у

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phayom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 am

I have a Aussie-Border mix puppy. Hes about 6 months old and a handful! :roll:

Edit: Wow. Striking eyes on the kitty above! Beautiful animal!
Phayom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benvolio Montague » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I'mawesome20 wrote:When I was little I used to have a dog called Rusty but he died. ;__; He was the nicest dog ever. D8

:shock: I also had a dog named Rusty, and he died recently... if you'd like to know more about him read the description in this oekaki ---> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=58703

right now all I have is 14 stupid, useless goldfish for pets. I'm sorry if you're someone who likes goldfish, I just prefer a pet that does more than just swim, eat, and poop.
i'm not very active here anymore, but feel free to send trades and PMs; i'll still try to reply to stuff!!

[trade thread]

places to find me outside CS:
main tumblr - art tumblr - deviantart - flightrising

Benvolio Montague

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me