Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Skysong » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:33 am

So I got my border a martingale collar and it makes a HUGE difference when she's on a leash. She pulls, doesn't like it, and then sits and looks at me like "What are we doing now"

And a whistle? I've never whistle trained a dog before, so this is new to me. When she's far off and I blow the whistle she just comes running to me and sits in front of me. It's great having her listening to me for once. Like, she listens, but she's stubborn and doesn't follow commands all the time.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:56 pm

I wanted to share my service dog!! This is Schulz's Twisted Truth ATD VHMP T3 FITB RATI BCAT "Rumor" and shes a lab. We also dabble in dog sports and she's gonna hopefully be trained to shed hunt here in the near future!! <3
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Feel Free to trade! I’m collecting ALL rodents!! - I'm missing ONE to complete my guinea pig collection<3
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:52 am

May i ask what shed hunting is? Do you search for items, or wooden or such targets ? :)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:03 am

Luzien wrote:May i ask what shed hunting is? Do you search for items, or wooden or such targets ? :)

Yeah of course! so it’s basically where dogs are trained to find shed which is deer antlers that have naturally fallen off! It’s something her mom used to do & it’s the most accessible type of “hunting” for us since it doesn’t involve any dead animals lol. Theyre trained by scent to find the shed & retrieve it. it’s pretty cool
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Feel Free to trade! I’m collecting ALL rodents!! - I'm missing ONE to complete my guinea pig collection<3
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemary Ocean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:18 am

so i don't have a huge story or anything but i need some help about my little dog!
his name is Arthur and we got him in 2021 he is 2 years old (turning 3 soonish) and when we got him he was so exited, he was so happy to see his big brother (my other dog Harvey) and Harvey isn't aggressive, but things took a turn for the worst my dogs got along well but Arthur learned to bark at the mail man like Harvey, but he went all out slamming himself into the door when he sees the mailman, he also became super aggressive and attacks us sometimes (he was doing it in play but dose cut our skin sometimes) and one day we forgot to close the gate and found him biting a guy the guy called on him so we cant risk him biting anyone else, but he attacks my pet rabbit and fights raccoons and cats and it worries me because he gets scratches but still wants to fight them, dose anyone have any advice for what i can do?????!!!!
justa lil doggo luver Image

Rosemary Ocean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milion167 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:24 am

this is matilda or tilly : ) she's my four month old baby dachshund and i love her to bits. potty training is going well, the only issue is she really wants to chase my cats. she isn't very food motivated, so redirecting her attention can be almost impossible. any advice? i don't want to stress out the cats : (
milion167

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milion167 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:07 pm

milion167 wrote:this is matilda or tilly : ) she's my four month old baby dachshund and i love her to bits. potty training is going well, the only issue is she really wants to chase my cats. she isn't very food motivated, so redirecting her attention can be almost impossible. any advice? i don't want to stress out the cats : (

update on this! we're making her sit instead and that seems to work better. not perfect, but it's a relief to see some progress. potty training has been going awesomely ever since we started letting her free roam, no accidents since! i'm a little worried about this upcoming weekend as it will be in the negatives & she does Not like going outside when it's this cold lol
milion167

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:33 pm

milion167 wrote:
milion167 wrote:this is matilda or tilly : ) she's my four month old baby dachshund and i love her to bits. potty training is going well, the only issue is she really wants to chase my cats. she isn't very food motivated, so redirecting her attention can be almost impossible. any advice? i don't want to stress out the cats : (

update on this! we're making her sit instead and that seems to work better. not perfect, but it's a relief to see some progress. potty training has been going awesomely ever since we started letting her free roam, no accidents since! i'm a little worried about this upcoming weekend as it will be in the negatives & she does Not like going outside when it's this cold lol

i'm also raising a puppy during this cold weather, (hes a bully so practically no coat lol) putting a coat on him seems to make him more comfortable to go outside in the colder weather if you wanna try that with your pup!
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemary Ocean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:01 pm

rosemary ocean wrote:so i don't have a huge story or anything but i need some help about my little dog!
his name is Arthur and we got him in 2021 he is 2 years old (turning 3 soonish) and when we got him he was so exited, he was so happy to see his big brother (my other dog Harvey) and Harvey isn't aggressive, but things took a turn for the worst my dogs got along well but Arthur learned to bark at the mail man like Harvey, but he went all out slamming himself into the door when he sees the mailman, he also became super aggressive and attacks us sometimes (he was doing it in play but dose cut our skin sometimes) and one day we forgot to close the gate and found him biting a guy the guy called on him so we cant risk him biting anyone else, but he attacks my pet rabbit and fights raccoons and cats and it worries me because he gets scratches but still wants to fight them, dose anyone have any advice for what i can do?????!!!!

Still looking for help about this guy XD
justa lil doggo luver Image

Rosemary Ocean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:19 pm

rosemary ocean wrote:
rosemary ocean wrote:so i don't have a huge story or anything but i need some help about my little dog!

Still looking for help about this guy XD

With any sort of aggression, the best answer is finding a behaviorist and a trainer. Aggression isn't something you can fix overnight especially if he already has a bite on his record. For the time being i highly recommend muzzle training him and muzzling him if he will have contact with strangers outside of the house. The best type of muzzle is a bite proof basket muzzle
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me