Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby Rosemary Ocean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:28 pm

Guineapig wrote:
rosemary ocean wrote:
rosemary ocean wrote:so i don't have a huge story or anything but i need some help about my little dog!
his name is Arthur and we got him in 2021 he is 2 years old (turning 3 soonish) and when we got him he was so exited, he was so happy to see his big brother (my other dog Harvey) and Harvey isn't aggressive, but things took a turn for the worst my dogs got along well but Arthur learned to bark at the mail man like Harvey, but he went all out slamming himself into the door when he sees the mailman, he also became super aggressive and attacks us sometimes (he was doing it in play but dose cut our skin sometimes) and one day we forgot to close the gate and found him biting a guy the guy called on him so we cant risk him biting anyone else, but he attacks my pet rabbit and fights raccoons and cats and it worries me because he gets scratches but still wants to fight them, dose anyone have any advice for what i can do?????!!!!

Still looking for help about this guy XD

With any sort of aggression, the best answer is finding a behaviorist and a trainer. Aggression isn't something you can fix overnight especially if he already has a bite on his record. For the time being i highly recommend muzzle training him and muzzling him if he will have contact with strangers outside of the house. The best type of muzzle is a bite proof basket muzzle

I don't know about a muzzle tho cuz he might get sad 😔
justa lil doggo luver Image

Rosemary Ocean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:45 pm

@rosemary ocean

If you properly introduce a muzzle and train it then he will be fine :) The only reason dogs have a bad reaction to muzzles is a lack of training/proper introduction to them. I highly recommend looking up the muzzle up project and learning all about muzzles. as his owner, it is your responsibility to keep him safe and a dog that bites needs a muzzle.
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Feel Free to trade! I’m collecting ALL rodents!! - I'm missing ONE to complete my guinea pig collection<3
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milion167 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm

Guineapig wrote:i'm also raising a puppy during this cold weather, (hes a bully so practically no coat lol) putting a coat on him seems to make him more comfortable to go outside in the colder weather if you wanna try that with your pup!

i actually do have a sweater for her! she's a long haired dachshund too so hopefully next year it won't be an issue, but i'm planning on getting a water proof one when I can afford it. she hates to wear her boots though. downright REFUSES to keep them on lol
milion167

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemary Ocean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:02 pm

Guineapig wrote:@rosemary ocean

If you properly introduce a muzzle and train it then he will be fine :) The only reason dogs have a bad reaction to muzzles is a lack of training/proper introduction to them. I highly recommend looking up the muzzle up project and learning all about muzzles. as his owner, it is your responsibility to keep him safe and a dog that bites needs a muzzle.

Ok! Thanks for the help :3
justa lil doggo luver Image

Rosemary Ocean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PanicLouise » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:59 pm

Hello! Wow, I haven’t posted on here in years.

Not sure if anyone is still around who might remember him, but here are some new and updated pictures of my boy, Panic! (My account namesake, of course❤️)
He will be 9 years old in February and is still the very best dog to ever happen to me.

PanicLouise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guineapig » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:51 am

PanicLouise wrote:
Hello! Wow, I haven’t posted on here in years.

Not sure if anyone is still around who might remember him, but here are some new and updated pictures of my boy, Panic! (My account namesake, of course❤️)
He will be 9 years old in February and is still the very best dog to ever happen to me.

omg i love him!! and his name <3
Image Image

Service Dog Handler
Feel Free to trade! I’m collecting ALL rodents!! - I'm missing ONE to complete my guinea pig collection<3
Guineapig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:06 am

oh my god I haven't seen Panic in AGES!

he looks so good for his age!
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PanicLouise » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:41 am

Skysong wrote:oh my god I haven't seen Panic in AGES!

he looks so good for his age!

Aww thank you for saying so! I can only ever see where he’s now grey so that was lovely to hear. I’m so glad there’s still someone here who remembers him, I can’t believe I posted him when he was just a tiny baby puppy boy.
PanicLouise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:46 am

Here’s Dexter! Haven’t posted in a minute so I thought I’d update you guys!

your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:15 pm

I think I remember you posting on occasion, hard to forget that breed, I love them and Panic looks great!

Dexter looks like he's enjoying car rides.

Updated photos of my girl, She got put in a continental this weekend with some help. The next show for us is in March. We also finished up our level 1 opinion and are now headed toward level two with some more fun stuff.

eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me