My pets- their stories.

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

My pets- their stories.

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 pm

So recently I found a forum by Tess just asking what animals people have. I started rk write one because it would be fun to share my story, but it got really long. so its just gonna be a forum of its own (: feel free to tell your stories below too!

Me and my family do a lot of wildlife, so bobcats, possums, racoon's, foxes, squirrels, kittens (manly because of streys) We even got a baby deer one time, but anyways people will bring them to use because there like "oooh, it lost its mom" so we will feed it till its old enough and release it back into the wild :D So it isn't like we play with them tho. (unless it's a kitten or puppy those get adopted, not released)

Rascal
One day like, eight years ago, we where at the refuge (where we get most the animals from/give the animals to if they injured) and this girl was their who only did birds, and she asked us to come by and we did, when my mom walked into the door this random bird started saying "I love you" to my mom, and the girl called her son and goes "load the bird up in her car" ahem. we never wanted a bird, this bird was so mean it turned the other birds mean, it lived up to its name. the only thing it knew was baba beran, I love you, and a kissy sound. and for some reason it loved my mom, so we agreed to keep it for ONE WEEK. NO LONGER. Lol that was back in 2013.

Oscar:
So we mostly get possums, but we also get a whole lot of kittens. I had always loved the kittens so much and they where all so adorable. and I just wanted to cuddle them to death, but I never asked to keep one (Milly is an exception, lol me and my two siblings where mad at my mom for a month, at least for sending Milly away) About 45% of the kittens passed away if the came at an extremely young age (most did) but my sister would take care of them if they came that young. so we got a call, normally we pick up about 2-3 kittens, but this time it was just one. And I held the box in my lap. he was just the cuttest darn thing let me tell you. We always name the animals we get, mainly for the fun of it. And my mom said "his name is Oliver" and I love that name, especially because that's the name of my new crush (kinda new, right after we got Oscar lol) But it didn't fit him so I asked if we could name him Oscar instead (: my sister was feeding him and take care of him for the first day, since he had literally just been born, you had to use a surenge to feed him, but the next day I asked if I could take care of him, and then I just kinda pushed my sister out and took care of him all on my own, but he was harder then most kittens since he was just a rocket! he was so active and adventurous. He was faster then the Nascar 2019 world champion when he reached 4 months XD Gets him to eat solid food OH HELP ME he was on wet food with like, dry food mixed into it for a month before he finally went to watered down cat food. At the time he only stayed in my room because he wasn't potty trained, but he'd find a way to get out of his cage. idek how he was a wild baby. and to add to the madness he had these two huge blue Cross-eyed bug eyes that where just....idk he was looking two different places at once XD..
.oh wait I kinda got ahead of myself, before getting him to eat regular cat food, (still eating some wet food and some formula) My mom said it was time for him to find a home. this was the first cat I loved so much. he was just the cuttest sweetest crazy eyed kitten ever. I literally begged my mom for an hour straight a day until she finally gave up and said it was up to my dad. I literally wrote a 1,000 word essay of why I should keep him, with pen and paper, not computer and printer. Literally it talked about how flees will be not as big of a problem since his fur is light, to what brands of food are the cheapest XD now, at this time my sister already had a cat(all talk about her later) And that is the excuse my dad was giving "oh you already have a cat!" I'm actually supri-okay can't talk about her! shell be the next one, anyway so my dad after two weeks finally give a yes. (: literally this kittens childhood was the best they come, well. heh sorta (he had to be locked in my room at nights, all the time for a while too until he was potty trained) but I would literally cry almost every night because when he got to the point where he was just in between a very young adult and a kid he never stopped his fiestness, its normal for a kitten to bite around, be he got to the point where he wasn't playing. I would cry just thinking about what if he turns into one of those cats who will just hids under the couch and hiss. my search history was just pages and pages of cat behavior, and how to deal with it. Oscar and I didn't have a really good relationship when he was that age, he didn't really understand the difference of play fighting and real fighting, I thought maybe it was something I did to make him so mean (probably locking him in my room then not letting him leave my bed so he couldn't KNOCK DOWN MY LAVA LAMP **HINT HINT** but....uh...that's a different story) but the older he grew he learned the difference, but I used to sometimes felt like I made the wrong choice and should have gave him away, every time you would reach to pet him he would start play biting you. at that point I didn't understand there was more to a cat then them laying in your lap while you pet them and them coming to you to pet them. my desk is right by my window, and every once and a while Oscar would come sit at my window seal beside me, I couldn't touch him, and I couldn't get leave. But he still liked to be with me. He has always been a more playful cat. XD we had to get him a collar with a bell on it because he would sabotage you when you would walk by, or reside on a suicide mission to dive bomb us from his cat tree we got him a little later on, it attaches to the roof, that's how tall it is XD at this current time he's okay to be pet every once and a while, and well even as a kitten I could always pick him up and hold him. He is literally a part of me and idk what I would do without him.
(you can watch a video of him I put together abt a year or so here, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdIN0Gf2s0 they are only kitten-veey very young adult tho since that's the time I did it)

More to come (:
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me