Laptop Help

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Laptop Help

Postby DisabledLlama » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 pm

For what you want... you should probably look at the MacBook 17". There's minimal chance of there being any hardware compatibility issues, as they make the stuff themselves, and you can choose what you want to be put into the machine when you purchase it (thought it might take a few days). The battery is specially made for that model too, to last longer than normal laptop batteries.

It's pretty costly, but you'd probably be better off. It will most definitely run CS4, as Photoshop is made by Apple.

As for the tablet, the Wacom Bamboo Fun is pretty damn good. I own the second gen version (one generation up from Tess'), and it works really well. ;) It's got touch and pen capabilities, and you can turn off the touch feature. :)

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talausa » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:15 am

DisabledLlama wrote:For what you want... you should probably look at the MacBook 17". There's minimal chance of there being any hardware compatibility issues, as they make the stuff themselves, and you can choose what you want to be put into the machine when you purchase it (thought it might take a few days). The battery is specially made for that model too, to last longer than normal laptop batteries.

It's pretty costly, but you'd probably be better off. It will most definitely run CS4, as Photoshop is made by Apple.

As for the tablet, the Wacom Bamboo Fun is pretty damn good. I own the second gen version (one generation up from Tess'), and it works really well. ;) It's got touch and pen capabilities, and you can turn off the touch feature. :)

Thanks, I just looked at it and I think the 15 will work for me with a bit of a tweak. I've also found a HP that will work and it is $500 cheaper w/ customization.

As to the tablet, I already ordered mine and it should be here today. ^^ This is just so hard to pick which to do, but I think the HP will end up being the one I get in the end. We'll see what the techs at Best Buy have to say once I go see them on Sunday.
talausa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:♥Pandora♥:. » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:13 am

dancer001 wrote:I dont know about those things, but my Dell Inspiron is a pretty good laptop.

I *Think* I have the Dell Inspiron 1545 in purple and let me tell you, BEST LAPTOP EVER. I have just as much memory and storage as my mom's HP whatever model(I forgot), it's a couple months older than her's and is faster, lighter(Because it's 1 1/2 inches smaller), has more gaming capability and I love it. It's not too heavy, not to small or big, really fast... I've had it since early August '09 and it has never had a problem with loading, turning on, gaming, loading pictures, Paint or Word programs and it has NEVER frozen up. Even the touch pad is amazing. I've dropped it oh, maybe twelve times(oops!) and fallen asleep using it as my pillow(while it was open, head on keyboard) once or twice. I HIGHLY recommend you this laptop.
Boys are about as useless as slinkies, but you can't help but to smile when they flop down the stairs :)
*Don't PM me unless it's a trade offer or something about one of my RPs.
.:♥Pandora♥:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me