MOD PLEASE LOCK. CHECK LAST POST FOR NEW THREAD

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Do you like our mascot? Should we change him?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:15 am

I love Lucifer! Don't change him!!
30%
I love Lucifer! Don't change him!!
30%
I don't mind Lucifer, but I'd prefer another mascot.
13%
I don't mind Lucifer, but I'd prefer another mascot.
13%
I hate him!! Change him!!
3%
I don't really care.
12%

Total votes : 154

MOD PLEASE LOCK. CHECK LAST POST FOR NEW THREAD

Postby Jerry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:25 am

Welcome, one and all, to the CS Furry thread! Now, before you post, please read through this whole page. I know, it's a lot to read, but it's kind of essential if you want to be a member here. Happy chatting!

And who is this scary guy, you ask? Why that's Lucifer, our liger mascot :3 He may seem a bit mean, but he's actually a sweet guy :3 Just make sure to stay on his good side. And how do you stay on his good side? Just stay on topic and don't spam. If you spam, Luci will eat you. And being eaten is not all that fun. If you wanna see more of Luci, scroll down for his fanart page :3

HOLY SHIZ WE HAZ A STAMP 8D
(made by Kari)

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34203][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/5jtc10.jpg[/img][/url]

Yes, we have rules here. And if you want to talk here, you have to read and follow them carefully.

- NO SPAMMING! We do not tolerate spam here. Due to numerous warnings from Tess herself, we must have tight spam control to keep this thread going. So please, stay on topic or don't post here.
- Keep it clean. This is a children's site and there is a wide range of ages. You may be mature enough to talk about some things, but some others aren't.
- Be nice to EVERYONE. We are a friendly community, and known for our lack of drama. Please don't bring drama into the thread with you. Leave it at the door.
- Respect the feelings of others. Some people may find things offensive that you don't.
- We are a safe place! Everyone here is accepting and non-judgmental of other people's sexualities. We are LGBT allies.

Now, if you follow those rules, you should be fine. But, if you don't, we run on a three strikes system. Three strikes and you're out. No questions asked. And no one wants to go on the blacklist. It's no fun to be there. Also, the people who have the power to give you strikes are Kari(Kari Lion), Davie (Pygmy), Bongo (Kyunobi), and myself (Jerry). No one else has the power to give strike except for the four listed above and the chickensmoothie staff.

Please be aware that all banned members are also banned from the xat, livestreams, ustreams, and the CS Furries FA group.

- Kuroyami

- ~Cupcakewolf~

(Taken form the official Anthrocon website)

Anthropomorphic or “humanized” animals have been with us since the dawn of civilization. From the gods of ancient Egypt to the advertising icons of the modern day, people of every culture have created fanciful creatures simply by imbuing animals with human traits. Only within the last two decades has anthropomorphic or “Furry” fandom been recognized as a distinct fan-base in its own right. Fans are found in all corners of the world, and come from all races and ages and creeds. We are bound together across the most daunting barriers by our mutual admiration for these beasts of myth and legend who, by simple reflection, give us a better window into ourselves.

A large number of anthropomorphics fans are employed in scientific or technical fields. A significant percentage have college diplomas and many of those hold advanced degrees. This, perhaps, is what leads many casual observers to raise an eyebrow. “Why would someone like this be into cartoon animals? Isn’t that unusual?” If we look at the world around us, however, we will see that anthropomorphized animals are an integral part of our culture. We use them to represent our political parties. We talk to our dogs (and some even imagine they talk back, though in their own way). We put a tiger in our tank. We cheer for mascots—anthropomorphic animals dressed in team uniforms—at our favorite sporting events. Our casual observer may simply be unaware that it is only in the last forty years that cartoons and cartoon animals have been relegated to the world of children. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and their ilk were once targeted primarily to an adult audience, their productions filled with innuendo and biting political satire. Fans of anthropomorphics today simply have not forgotten those roots. The average Furry fan is cast from the same mold as the science fiction or sword-and-sorcery fan; all of us imagine strange and thrilling worlds and try to picture ourselves living in those worlds.

Today, Furry fandom is instead an artistic and literary genre that is practiced and enjoyed by tens of thousands worldwide. We count among our ranks professional sports mascots, animators, cartoonists, puppeteers, artists, illustrators, and writers, as well as those who simply think that it would be a wonderful thing if animals could walk or talk like we do. If you as an adult still occasionally like to flip to the old cartoons, or have a stuffed animal sitting on the dashboard of your car, or buy cereal because it has a cool tiger on the box, you may well enjoy what our fandom has to offer. We invite you to visit any one of our many gatherings worldwide to see for yourself what Furry fandom is really all about.

BASIC DESCRIPTION FOR FURRYS: The term furry comes from a Greek term that means Anthropomorphic which means to put animal characteristics in to human forms. Furry forms you would recognize would be like cartoon correctors such as Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse. Some other way to understand what a furry form is, imagine it. Take for example a basic human male. His body is cold and nude; now apply some fox stature to him. His eyes can only see in black and white and his nose begins to turn black and cold. His skin begins to turn a dark brown which is the natural skin tone of a fox. A lush orange fur begins to grow around his back, upper arms and legs and a darker fur that resembles his skin color grows on his lower arms and legs; from his chest to his pelvic area clean white fur fills the spot. Now his face begins to mold a new form. His nose, mouth and jaw begins to push forward and out from the head resembling a fox’s snout, his legs take on a new form his feet began to grow straight out in length not width. This is known as anthro legs, if someone were to imitate an animal he or she would be walking on the balls of his/her feet. The last thing that would come is the ears transforming into fox ears that are big and perched on top of his head.

WHAT DO FURRYS DO, furrys have a large verity of action and activity. Such as the interesting with other furrys, going out in public in a fur suit with other furs and friends.

Furrys have their own language and form of greeting one another; these greeting methods are as followed
• Skriching: is the act of scratching a fellow fur’s back, wile he hugs yours. This would be a hug but your claws would be scratching his back, as will his/hers on your back.
• Hugging: a simple hug is to stretching ones hands around a person and embracing them.
• Nosing: Nosing is mostly done by fur suiters. This means to move your nose in a sniffing jester in front of some one else, or rubbing your nose with someone else’s which may be referred as an Eskimo kiss.
• Petting: applying your hade on to another person head, back, or stomach and slowly moving your hand up and down in a gentile faction on that area in a repeated motions
• Grooming: to move your hand down the back of the body in a smooth motion, this would be to massage the person or to smooth out fur.
The reason that I give you these terms first is to allow you to understand these words if you have ever herd them before. On a side note I would like to clarify that the fandom is not a group of homosexuals, over half of the fandom may be formed form homosexuals but it still have a large percentage of straight and female members. some of the percentages are off but none the less there male and female members of the fandom and are part of both lines of sexuality The next step that I would like to cover is the Fursuiters and his counterpart the Spotter.

Fur suit and Fur suiting: Please keep in mind that the acts that some furrys do is not the in tire fandom. Around 18-23% of furrys are fursuters. This being for resins that the suits are expensive, or that some medical or physical condition may keep them from wherein a fur suit at all or long enough. Prices the fur suit can go from a simple 100$ to a complex and multi fur outfit near 2000$ that amount is to add cost in labor if they choose to hire a professionals all to design a suit. As for fursuiters many performs at charitable events, parades, games, and out in the general public where families are present. Some furrys even fabricate fursuits as a livelihood thus when in character the grand majority of fursuiters a hear to the same guide lines that fallow amusement parks and theme parks, all mostly accommodated by a Spotter. This is a semiotic bond one helps the other. The spotter helps the fur around so that he does not trip, fall, or bump in to anyone. A spotter are all so there to help the fur out, whether it is in over exsostion or needs to leave the area and requires help. And as for when I mean one helps the other. The fursuters are treated a bit better at cones, they are able to get ahead in lines moved around a bit quicker and have an easier time getting around most places, and the spotter is next to him at all times,

The next thing that I’m going to talk about is the different forms that people take I will explain fox, wolf.

The Fox: a sly and quick critter. Commonly having a red/orange fur with a white chest, and black/brown legs some what known as a hyperactive (fuzz ball). Foxes are carnivorous mammal of the dog family, found throughout most of the Northern Hemisphere. It has a pointed face, short legs, long, thick fur, and a tail about one half to two thirds as long as the head and body, depending on the species. Solitary most of the year, they sleep concealed in grasses or thickets, their tails curled around them for warmth. Foxes feed on insect, earthworms, small birds and mammals, carrion, eggs, fruits and vegetable matter. Unlike other members of the dog family, which run down their prey, foxes usually hunt by stalking and pouncing. They are known for their raids on poultry but are nonetheless very beneficial to farmers as destroyers of rodents.

The Wolf: (Canis lupus) the wolf is a carnivorous mammal in the dog family. Often thought as a brut or untamable to some people, wolfs are still kind and helpful to humans. Once distributed over most of the Northern Hemisphere, wild wolves are now confined to the wilder parts of the reduced range. There are about 3 wolf species (the gray wolf red wolf and coyote) these are most recognized, but there are more species. Wolves hunt in packs using number in there advantage to take down large pray. They ten to stay with there pups for a lot longer or for there life.

Now as for those who follow and those who lead in the fandom they are known as Masters and Pets. The Master holds the most important role he is the one who must establish order in the pack. He is the one that makes the rules, commands his pets to do as he or she wishes. He must tent to the pets need or fear of losing them is a possibility. They must understand their individual needs. This is what allows a master to have multiple pets. To find what a pet individual needs may be is not what you think, thou master may come as only one kind, pets come in multiple forms that want satisfaction, companionship, and a good stable relationship. The following is a list of what types of pets there are, so that you can pick one if you find yourself wanting the life of a pet and not a master.

In the fur world there are the forms and the personality that we take on. Such personality or characteristics of a fur may be being a leader instead of a follower or wanting to be love or abused. For some of the furrys they have different things they are interested in. this separates them in to an emotion group, based on how they act around others and how they wanted to be treated around others. One that is easily noticeable is the Baby Fur. This I one of the most interesting groups because of their need to be treated as a toddler. From my research, baby furs have a need to be or act like a baby or young child. This may be wearing dippers and going in them. Others would be drinking milk out of a bottles, wanting to have a caretaker or in some events a new set of furry family. There is one more kind of furry I would like to talk about and that is the Shy Fur. The shy fur is a person that now understand what is furry is and want to be part of but dose not express or tell anyone else for fear or thought of rejection from friends and family. Other sign of shy furs are curiosity or not fully understanding the furry concept and declare themselves a furry to a point. This may be that they do not know any other furry’s around them and do not want to mess up by saying that they are furry to a random person that my or may not be a furry.

[Image

Yarn Tail Tutorial By Kari Lion

Fursuit Head Tutorial By Lakota

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BonjT8iJHkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5hJMShh ... re=related

Last edited by Jerry on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:19 am, edited 9 times in total.
Jerry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Furry Thread (v4)

Postby Jerry » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 am

These furries are the coolest of the cool 8-)

P.S. Stop bothering me about the list D:< Just PM me about it and I will get it done.

Image = Fur Mods (not real mods, but we can give you strikes)

- Jerry Image
- Tanner
- Capri
- Davie Image
- Nivvin
- Able
- Bongo Image
- Meisu
- Frayah
- Skye
- Dart
- Cazz
- Tigress
- Digi
- Terra
- Moonflight
- Pinewin
- Rosslin
- Kari Image
- Ashook
- Nyx
- wolf45
- Pandora13
- Carry
- ~DarkenedGlory~
- Moonfall
- Sanity
- April410
- Sunawa
- Ralfhite
- skaterpearl
- animalvet
- blackdancer
- Jennette
- Xanre
- snow kitsunae
- coseylion
- Vixen
- Ellis
- Applefiend
- Ari
- Smoky
- Jacket
- Sam
- Starry
- Zen
- ProjectCur
- MirrorMask
- Sarobando
- wolves12
- Neshota
- ςђ๏ς๏lคtє гєש๏lยtเ๏ภ
- Ichigo Angel
- JasperDear

Last edited by Jerry on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
Jerry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Welcome to the fursuit gallery! This is where the members of the furry thread show off their fursuits. Don't have a fursuit? That's fine! Fursuits are only part of the fandom and are not required if you want to be a furry.

Woof Da Puppy

Species: Wolf
Owner and Maker: Sheba_Angel

Lakota

Species: Border Collie x German Shepherd Mix
Owner and Maker: Lakota

Bongo

Species: Bongo
Owner: Bongo
Maker: Wild Dog Horizons

Pharos

Species: Wolf
Owner/Maker: Pharos

Dharma

Species: Dingo
Owner: Kari

Shade

Species: Silver Fox
Owner: Jerry
Maker: Shengoh

Spetzz

Species: Tayra
Owner/Maker: Jerry

Kaden

Species: St. Bernard Mix
Owner/Maker: Jerry

Kai

Species: Kai-Ken Dog/Wolf Hybrid
Owner: Jerry
Maker: Furbrications

Derek

Species: Schipperke
Gener: Male
Owner/Maker: Koowie

Last edited by Jerry on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jerry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The art gallery is where we show art of our adorable little mascot, Lucifer the Liger! If you drew Luci, please PM it to Jerry so it can be displayed here.

By Pygmy

By Cat Fishy

By Zombii

By Koowie

By Cat Fishy

Halloween Lucifer by B.W. Jacket!
Last edited by Jerry on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 am, edited 10 times in total.
Jerry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BouncyBall » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 am

Shiny new thread! Just fro this I shall finally make my tail!
BouncyBall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:35 am

Wow, first time I have seen a version four of a thread allowed. That member list is getting mighty long there Jer. Oo

I would post my latest art, but I did that yesterday. Didn't get any critiques, but oh well. X3 I am still a bit proud of how the clothing came out regardless. ^^
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:35 am

New thread *Rubs face over shiny thread*
I need to draw something but it's storming around here and I don't want to lose my work.
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:35 am

Small request: My name is typo'd on the member list, can you change it? There is a Wendingo, it's just not me.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiriban » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:37 am

Aah, new thread with that new thread smell to it. <3

Anywho, since I'm guessing not many people saw my post on the last thread (It was the last post before Jerry posted the new thread),

Nice tail. ^^
Can't wait to see it finished. <3

I got more art of Ari- This time it's by Spotty. 8D
I can't wait until my show your colors order is finished. <3

In other news, my head is almost done. I was too lazy to paint the full head, but I did a little over half of it. <3

And Kindles, I loved that art you posted. It inspired me to make some art of Ari. 8D
kiriban

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TranquilKitty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:37 am

Furries are too big. It seems like just yesterday we had V3.
Lookie at my artz practice
http://bwerecat.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2uyydz
I think I'll make a tutorial for many more. Let me know if there's an animal you have a hard time drawing. I try and work with all species.
Nope
TranquilKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me