Take the shilling!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Take the shilling!

Postby Benedict » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:00 am

Greetings again inhabitants of Chickensmoothie.

I am Benedict Arnold, Some of you might remember me, but I am of the belief that most do not.
Few of you may also know me as a so-called traitor, but that is an outright lie spread by my enemies in the Continental army. I was fighting for American liberties in the Continental army, and I am still fighting for those liberties now, that is American liberties as promised by the British constitution. What matters now is not my past service in the continental army, but your loyalty!
I call out again to you, inhabitants of Chickensmoothie, to take up arms or otherwise help us against the Continential Army. The enemy is led by the despicable and corrupt Continental Congress, who has failed to supply their troops with even the barest necessities, such as quarter, uniform, arms &etc. Horatio Gates, a corrupt officer belonging to such rabble is actually near our position right now! There is no doubt that he is planning to strike against us, so let us band together and prepare for the attack.

Join this regiment and prove that you have courage and loyalty to the cause!

Any intelligence on what is going on in Gates’ camp is highly appreciated and will be rewarded if due.

Yours &etc.

B. Arnold.

Post Scriptum: If you happen to be in need of clarification of some sort, the so not hesitate to send me a personal message, I shall answer if possible.
'Benedict Arnold' wrote:Well sir, here in April of 1781, if you look at the situation on the ground here in Virginia, we’re winning – those of us wearing coats of this color are winning.
Nathanael Greene wrote:The war has actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms!
Benedict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Technicalities

Postby Benedict » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 am

Welcome to the archive, this is where records are kept. If you are a part of this regiment your name should be listed here, if it is not then you must send me a private message about it so I can add as quickly as possible you, things must be kept orderly!

Our Location:

We are located a week’s travel north of Yorktown. The camp is situated just outside this city; however officers are housed in the homes of those loyal to the cause and willing to let us stay with them. As far as I know, Gates is quartering his troops in a nearby fort named ‘Fort Misérable’, which has a ridiculous French name for some reason and lies on the outskirts of the woods.

Members:

Admiral Tammanae

Dradogo

Chee (Babyfroggi)

Anyone who wishes to take the shilling and join, or perhaps have already done so, MUST send me a personal message. It is of the outmost importance that I have all your names archived like this.

Portraiture:

This is just a small section to display the portraits made for various members, it serves to purpose to inform others of our readiness for combat and just plainly because art is a lovely thing.
Last edited by Benedict on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Benedict Arnold' wrote:Well sir, here in April of 1781, if you look at the situation on the ground here in Virginia, we’re winning – those of us wearing coats of this color are winning.
Nathanael Greene wrote:The war has actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms!
Benedict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Take the shilling!

Postby Tammanae » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 am

Admiral Tammanae reporting General. Intelligence has been quiet of late, it seems to be there isn't much activity from the Continentals... yet. I will make sure the troops are ready, however. One can never be too cautious when it comes to Gates.
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpalyce » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 am

I have questions.

1. Do rations include meals other than eggs Benedict?

2. Do you prefer to be called Benny or Arnie?

3. Is there a neutral option, which probably means we side with a local Native American tribe and then proceed to get screwed over by both sides at varying times and/or die of smallpox?
Harpalyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dradogo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 am

Dradogo is here, loyal as you need her to be, and ready for anything.
Dradogo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benedict » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 am

Tammanae wrote:
Admiral Tammanae reporting General. Intelligence has been quiet of late, it seems to be there isn't much activity from the Continentals... yet. I will make sure the troops are ready, however. One can never be too cautious when it comes to Gates.

I am very pleased that you have chosen to support us again, it is indeed an honour. I believe that you are very right about Gates, he has a habit of being quite a sneaky fellow despite his age.

Harpalyce wrote:I have questions.

1. Do rations include meals other than eggs Benedict?

2. Do you prefer to be called Benny or Arnie?

3. Is there a neutral option, which probably means we side with a local Native American tribe and then proceed to get screwed over by both sides at varying times and/or die of smallpox?

Why I have no problem answering such questions.
1. The rations of the unit is the standard of the British army, which means that each member will be supplied with Meat, one pound per man per day of fresh beef, or salt beef, Pork, one half pound per man per day of salt pork, Bread, 1 1/2 pounds per man per day, Rice, Dried Peas, Sauerkraut, Butter, Cheese and Rum each week unless stated otherwise, however I wouldn't doubt that it would be possible to cook such a meal with those ingredients, or to trade for further ingredients. We have contacts with several loyal businessmen in the area, who can supply much of the ration. If anyone finds the rations to be lacking, then they are welcome to travel to a tavern or something similar in the city, it is not frowned upon to do so by the citizens as many maintain a neutral stance.

2. Gates has made a habit of calling me 'General Benny', though I do not prefer it and I find it rather rude.

3. I believe that inoculations of the pox are obtainable nearby, it is a bit risky, but it can save you from a horrible suffering if you choose to get one. We are not situated on the frontier, so I would say that there is no 'local' tribe to join so to speak, though I think there are some natives who have been well integrated into the daily life.
As for you neutral stance, I very much believe that you would have no need to flee from town to town or settle on the frontier. It is not only illegal to settle in the lands belonging to the natives, it is also a very dangerous place to be, for as far as I know the frontier is the grimmest battlefield in this war, where no quarter is given and massacres happen often. Many of the native tribes support our cause because we promise to uphold the treaty of the late war with the French.

Dradogo wrote:Dradogo is here, loyal as you need her to be, and ready for anything.

I am glad that we have your support again.
Benedict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benedict » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 am

I would like to welcome another member who served october last, Chee also known here as 'Babyfroggi'.
Benedict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

Chee is a loyal soldier, and her services are indeed most helpful. I am glad to welcome her back among our ranks. Although, maybe next time I am to disappear for a bit, she may want to get some information before trying to set up a rescue mission after half an hour of hiding in the bunkers. >D~
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benedict » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:08 am

Indeed Admiral Tammanae, and I am glad that she is welcomed.
Benedict

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby babyfroggi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 am

Tammanae wrote:
Chee is a loyal soldier, and her services are indeed most helpful. I am glad to welcome her back among our ranks. Although, maybe next time I am to disappear for a bit, she may want to get some information before trying to set up a rescue mission after half an hour of hiding in the bunkers. >D~

I am glad to know I'm welcomed, it is a honor to serve under such leaders as you and Benedict.
Oh hush you, it was my first time at war and I panicked D:
Thank you so much, Fishie <3
Ask me, ask me!
Click the stamp for Chee galore!
babyfroggi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me