How have you overcame illnesses?

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

How have you overcame illnesses?

Postby VerySmashing » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:30 am

Hi! I've been sick for about 4 or 5 days, and it's been quite an uncomfortable experience. I got it from work, so I've been calling into work ever since I started experiencing symptoms (I work in fast food so I CANNOT work when sick.) I've tested for COVID-19 twice over the last week and they came out negative both times, so my coworkers (who mostly also got sick) and I can conclude that it's probably just an upper respiratory infection or the common cold.

My question for you guys is, what did you all do to help relieve symptoms, whilst also trying to get better as fast as possible? This can apply to any time you've gotten sick, so go wild!
Tree - He/Him - Adult
VerySmashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How have you overcame illnesses?

Postby Chromitts » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:02 pm

This is going to sound mental but I always start putting garlic in everything as soon as I notice I'm getting sick. It's a natural immune system booster. If you're able to stand it and don't care about smelling kind of rank for a while, I find it helps clear things up a lot faster than without. (Actual cloves you chop up and add in yourself are better, a lot of things advertised as having garlic in them often don't actually have much at all)

Won't do much for symptoms of course though. Maybe try some good old honey and tea for throat stuff + ice packs on the back of your neck if it's giving you a headache.

Chro|Adult
Chromitts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foreverfriends4ever » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm

Damn my phone is getting about is about to die and these things keep popping up how do I come overcome illness usually I just you know relax in the couch you're the bed and my husband sometimes she'll make me soup or something like when I was living at my old apartment I was always getting sick because of how bad the apartment was there was like mold everywhere we had roaches and it was terrible it was terrible I was sick almost everyday over there and mostly all I ever did was lay on the couch I didn't do anything in the house at all mostly Davis mostly doing all the stuff because I just always felt weak over there and if you talk about lake illnesses with like mental health with me it's depression and anxiety usually with depression I would cry my husband will put his arms around me and call me down because most of my depression is from losing my Grandma Donna because she was my best friend yeah she was up there in age but she was my best friend she was adopted mom she was no love of my life at the time not in that kind of way but in like that granddaughter and Grandma relationship we were very very close and when she died this will kill me the most so with overcoming like mental illness what I gotten into was like an adult coloring books and when I have when I have depression coming on I will go into my dog coloring book and it actually calms me down especially my husband if he knows them about to cry help put his arms around and calm me down
Pet's name: Rosey Flower
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/]Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie![/url.
Im a crazy cat lady i love cats to the moon and back
Foreverfriends4ever

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twistedgriffin » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:28 pm

I'm also sick. I'm currently on day 5 of whatever virus I have. I've tested for covid 5 times, and I'm negative for strep and the flu. I've mostly been resting, as boring as it sounds. I typically have a packed schedule so I'm using this time to catch up on sleep and some personal time.

If you have a sore throat and hot liquids aren't working, try something cold. My personal choices are smoothies and mint ice cream. You can pick any flavor you want, but I find mint to be the most refreshing. I don't know if there's any scientific basis for having mint specifically though.

Overall though, make sure you're as comfortable as possible. I'm having some roommate trouble right now with the thermostat (they like keeping it at 55F when it is 26F outside) and it is hurting my recovery. Make sure to have some blankets, water, a good healthy snack, and sleep if possible.
twistedgriffin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nomi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:11 am

well if there's fever, I pop meds (ibuprofen) throughout the day to lower the fever. There's also tablets you can mix into a hot drink for both sore throat and fever, those are nice although taste horrible. Tea with honey is a classic relief too but won't help as much.
Also, lay down or sleep as much as possible!
Nomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me