Oekaki Moderator - Applications closed.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Moderator - Applications closed.

Postby Tess » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm

EDIT: Applications now closed. Please allow up to a couple of weeks for staff to select and announce the successful applicants

Well, since Leurai has left the Oekaki Moderator position we need someone to take her place :) we'll keep applications open for at least 3 days, but you should apply ASAP because we will close em fast if we get a lot of applications.

Myself and several of the current staff will help pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 1 - 2 new oekaki moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS.

Please read the whole topic before replying, because I'll just delete your posts if it becomes clear that you haven't bothered.

The job available is for an Oekaki Moderator. The duties of an oekaki mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new posts/COPPA'd members posts before they appear in the oekaki boards (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules).
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the oekaki boards
  3. Moving oekakis which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the oekaki boards
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As an oekaki moderator your role is to keep the oekaki boards organized, approve oekaki posts made by COPPA users, and remove spam or art theft. This role sometimes involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior.

Many players will not be happy about being warned (even when 'caught red-handed') and some will let you know about this (read: explosively rage at/about you). You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset. You need to be aware that sometimes you'll gain enemies despite the fact that you've only acted in a calm and reasonable manner, enforcing the rules which the player had broken.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as an oekaki moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...just want the job so that you can get free pets/custom pets/make pets for cs/etc - it won't happen.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...have never shown any interest in visiting or using the oekaki boards before - we don't want you for the job if you wouldn't normally go near the place.

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS oekaki moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
  8. Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Moderator - job applications now open!

Postby Milkyway0353 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: November 1st, 2009 8:48pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6409
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7 days.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 5+ hrs on weekdays. 6+ on weekends.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No I havent.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes all the time.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, all the time.
8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I feel if I were an oekaki moderator I could make a bigger impact on CS that I already do, and help clean up the fourm and make it better. I also want to be one because it sounds really fun! Im also always browsing the Oekaki fourms, and know how to use the tools, color, draw, use layers, ect. I also believe I would do a good job of enforcing the rules.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I am frequently online checking out Oekaki, to moderate and to admire all the skills people have here. I can also deal with all the pressure and I can deal with people if they get upset. I reply calmly, and dont try to start anything.

Thanks for this opprutunity, and good luck to everyone! <3
Milkyway0353

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 am (been here a long time ^^)

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
try to get on every day, so about 7 (give or take)

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
no school, i never sign off, with school try to get on for 3-6 hours on and off (hopefully more)

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
If so, please link to them. no (but i do mod my shops) but i am quick to learn and very hard working

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
over 300 drawings (i make adoptables, and i live for them)

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
yes (gosh some of these people are CRAZY good!)

8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

have wanted to be staff from the day i join, i will give it my all! as this site has done so much for me as a developing artist, and i wish to give something back to the cs community that has helped me over the years to improve so much in the few years I’ve been on. i wish to help keep forms clean and organized, moving oekaki to the right threads, find art thieves and help in any way i can! (Love helping people!). cs means so much to me, most don't even know, Tess, your my idol and this is a dream of mine.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position

i have people skills (i have taken a class on it) i am very polite even when it comes to tense situations. in arguments i am extremely good at not taking a bias, even if i agree more with one side. i am extremely friendly but assertive if needed. i'm used to being yelled at and can keep completely professional in tight situations. i am a level person and won't let any of it go to my head (if i get the position i will still be the same old saikiyo)

thank you very much for your time, Tess ^^

and good luck to everybody
Last edited by Saikiyo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devilena123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:18 pm

I guess I will have a shot,
What date did you register as a CS member?: Tue Aug 24, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum: 2573

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All of them

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Either, 2-4 hrs Weekday and 4-6 on Weekends, holidays 6-10hrs
Note: My holidays are in 3 and a half weeks.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated on roleplays a few times.
{x}
{x}
{x}
And of course my own RP's, but I am not here for Roleplay Moderator am I? ^.^

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes only a few times to actually draw, but for the rest I have 268 drawings for my whole gallery.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, to see the new talented members joining.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because I would like to help the new members learn to not steal art, to learn how to not criticize someone's drawing to make them upset (Unless they want someone's opinion), to help members who stress about having their pictures in the wrong forum and to just make oekaki fun for everyone to enjoy. I have always loved Oekaki and want to be apart of the team. I know how to use all of the tools and I will explain them to the new members if needed. I could search all the areas of oekaki for pictures to be moved and I will most defiantly search through photobucket, devinart and Oekaki to see if anyone has stolen art. I find myself organized, mature but quirky and fun after my job is finished. I will do my duties everyday and I wont let you down.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I think my skills to calm people down if they are stressing and just breaking up any fights anyone would have. I find myself very mature and can handle situations with rude people or immaturity. If anyone needs a hand I will help them out until they understand. I can handle PM's well and reply quickly. I will do as much as I can to bring out my inner skills and more.

Edit: If it helps, I know how to speak a few languages, like Japanese, French and Maori.

Goodluck Guys!
Devvy
xx
Last edited by Devilena123 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Name: Devilena Jackal
House: Gryffindor
Patronus: Bear
Blood: Muggleborn
Wand: Alder, phoenix feather, 13 inches and surprisingly swishy.
Favourite characters: Fred and George Weasley
Met James and Oliver Phelps 30/06/2013

ImageImageImageImage

Mischief managed. ϟ
Devilena123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyles » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: July 27th, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,079

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day usually.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 8 or more is my usual. Lately I've been spending 12 or so hours on CS or more. Depends on my active life outside of CS. That time might shorten as school starts, but not greatly, unless something happens, in that case someone above myself would be advised before I went offline. I spend most of my time on CS, and usually leave it open when I'm away from the computer. I also have a phone that has internet access that I use to check CS when I am away or doing something.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I moderated quite a few RolePlays and such on FooPets before I came to CS, but I cannot get on Foo for I refuse to pay them money. I've only ever modded a few small chats offsite.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes I have, just a few times though, for I'm waiting until I can get a working tablet and practice my digital drawing skills.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I do it every day, multiple times a day. Art is my daily inspiration. I like to see what CS artists are creating, how they're evolving.

8.Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I love art. It's a passion of mine. Though I don't draw much on the Oekaki (my tablet is broken and digital art doesn't like me on a laptop pad xD) I do draw traditionally. I also love helping people, figuring out things, learning from people. I see, often on the Oekaki, people stating things in a rude manner. Also, many people say things that aren't neccessarily relevent or needed. I'd like for this kind of behavior to cut down, and a more positive, peer supportive attitude to be set in place. There are many wonderful artists on here, and my other issue is that many are ignored because of the more famous/prominent artists posting. I'd like to help give everyone a little more notoriety. One thing that bothers me, is that many posts say 'move me here, move me there' but they never get moved. I'd like to work on that a little, so people's posts may be where they are needed/wanted. I feel that I could bring a pleasant, understanding, and peer supportive attitude to the position.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I work with a group in my town called Manaia, which is for self reassurance and helping people with problems. I am very good with people. I'm helpful, I never really get in arguments, I can easily settle disputes, I don't tolerate useless drama, bullying, art theft, or anything else that is irrelevent or uneccessary on forums. I'm also down to earth, and the users need someone who doesn't intimidate them. Questions need to be answered, and intimidation limits moderators' abilities to properly answer those questions. I am also quite kind and very unbiased which I think would aid me in settling disputes/talking to users who have broken rules around the Oekaki forum. I am studying the German language as well.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, and good luck to all of the applicants.
~Kyles
Last edited by Kyles on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." ~Oki

Kyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Applesky » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:48 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Saturday September 27th
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3239
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day ^^
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Atleast 3 hours,roughly 4 or 5
    Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Sadly,no,but I feel that I could take on the job c:
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: I have used it quite alot, I love colouring things in and just messing about with the tools
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Alot of the time, I love just scrolling through all the boards and admiring the art.
    Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I've always loved CS and I'd love to do my part to help out. CS has always been very in my mind,and I'd love to channel some of my delight into helping others and helping you.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: As many people, my life has had arguments in, and I hate arguing, and I would always try to calm down a conflict between my friends,or possibly me. I'd like to think I can keep my temper,I hardly ever shout or scream, so I think I could calm down a situation c:
Last edited by Applesky on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
FR Trade Thread
♡ ♡ ♡

Avid Overwatch player & lowkey CS veteran
Feel free to message or trade me, I won't bite.

♡ ♡ ♡
Applesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the.kitsune.prince » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Friday, 9th of July, in 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum:
4828, and counting. I post quite a lot, but not always.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Nearly everyday, just to check up on the forums and such. With a spot of trading, etc.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
Around seven hours a day, can be more or less depending on, if it's a school day or a weekend. I love online gaming and I can't help being addicted to CS, seeing as it has good art and a nice adoption method.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
I normally moderate my own threads. I'm artist on one or two of the 'user-made adoptables' forums and will step in if no mod(on the thread) is around.
I understand moderating, and know that it includes keeping calm at all times,

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
Now and then I do use it, mostly to colour in a nice lineart but sometimes I do my own work.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
Quite a lot, I love browsing through peoples' galleries, and the all the oekaki forums.
Looking at the unique styles of people is intriguing for me, and I think everyone is a good artist, at heart.
The main thing that makes me smile while on the oekaki boards is seeing new players make good designs and art.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
To be a oekaki moderator would be a big step up for me on CS, and I'd never abuse my 'powers' or try start an argument if I was accepted.
As a oekaki moderator I would be willing to support everyone with their art, and give them links for helpful guides for anatomy and other things they need. I would never take sides in a argument and try to calm the situation down with all my will, before contacting a older member of staff for help or locking to prevent further arguments on the thread.
I am a beginner digital artist, and have improved over the past year somewhat, and being a oekaki moderator would give me a better chance to get to know more of the artists in and around the oekaki boards.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I've done quite a lot of peer work at my school, it's enjoyable to help them and I'd hope to bring this to Chicken Smoothie. I tend to work better with older people(around 14-20),though.

To be honest, I have had a warning before, I am very ashamed of myself for doing what I did. I believe it was later cleared but I am unsure if it was or not.

Editing.
Last edited by the.kitsune.prince on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

adult - uk - fox
---
dA - toyhous.e - Fursona
---
Image Image
the.kitsune.prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honeycat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed May 27, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1747
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Usually all of them (sometimes I don't go one one day)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 2-4 hours on weekdays and 3-5 hours on weekends (recently my activity may have dropped a little because one of my browsers broke and I couldn't access CS for a while but I've got it back to how it used to be by now.)
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Well, I have been in a role like a role play moderator on various roleplays on cs(they aren't relevant to oekaki though) but I have been a moderator on the paws forum and on the wildlife paradise forum but those forums are almost dead
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes, I try a lot of times but because I'm not used to the oekaki program it doesn't always come out right.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: I spend much more time browsing the oekaki board because I love to see the different variety of art and the difference in styles between them.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I want to be an oekaki moderator for CS to help all the members that use the oekaki board and make it even more inviting to encourage so users who don't usually go there actually go on the oekaki board. I want to help people when they get worried or stressed and I want to make sure there is no rule breaking. I also would like to make sure all the comments/critiques aren't nasty or rude in any way. (I have many more reasons but there much about the same things)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I'm very kind-hearted which will be of use if someone is upset or confused. I also am patient and can quickly detect when something is going wrong. I also have the calm, serious and mature side to myself. I am easily thought of as a friend if people talk to me long enough.

I hope that the oekaki moderator/s that will be chosen will be a really great moderator as all the other applicants also display much of these qualities to become a moderator.

Edit: I've made the form easier to read because it was really confusing the first time I posted it.
Last edited by Honeycat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honeycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dwarjam » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 19 December, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5887 at the moment
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: usually every day, unless I'm away to my grandma's house, then I can't get computer as much as usually.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: alot, I've never counted but I'm sure more than 6-7 hours, unless I'm away from home.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: yes, I have: My Apple Army, TanatiaKiss, there's more but I can't find...
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes, alot..
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: I do :3
Now the important question: Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I would like to help and I spend time in Oekaki's alot, I would like that job (:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): Mhh, no, I don't...
- - - -
​​​​ᴠ​​​​​ᴀɪʀʏᴏ, ᴀ ᴏ

ᴀ ʜᴏᴍ ᴠᴀ ʏᴀ ʀᴀʏ

ᴠᴀɪʀʏᴏ, ᴀ ʀᴀʏ

ᴊᴇʀʜᴜᴍᴇ ʙʀᴜɴɴᴇɴ ɢ​​​​​​​​​​

- - - -

[ FR | TH ]
[ @dwarjam on other platforms ]

dwarjam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikaylahj » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm

just a question
how can i see how many pots i've made and when i joined?

thanks
mikaylahj

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me