Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bifronticorn Adopts by JDWolf

Artist JDWolf [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by JDWolf

by JDWolf

by JDWolf

by JDWolf

Bifronticorn Adopts

Postby JDWolf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 am

Welcome to Bifronticorn Adopts

What is a Bifronticorn? A Bifronticorn is a mythical creature born from water under a full moon. These creatures are one being, half unicorn and half horse... obviously. You can think of them as siamese twins; they each have their own personalities and minds. Bifronticorns have one gender. They live in secret, found in just about any climate, and are very rare creatures.

Basics:
Bifronticorns, are again, almost like siamese twins, and have one gender. One body has two different personalities on each.. ehm, end. Each end has it's own name. It is most common for the Bifronticorn to have opposite personalities to each being. One part is more dominant then the other, usually taking the lead. For example Mactenzie and Perie up there- Mactenzie, the unicorn half, is the most dominant. He has the personality of being more adventurous and outgoing. While Perie, the horse, is mellow and doesn't like change. It is rare for both to have around the same temperament, though it does happen. The life span of a Bifronticorn is upwards of 100 years, reaching maturity at age 10, and becoming an elder at age 80. Like horses, Bifronticorns live in herds, but each is very small, a herd can be anywhere from three to about ten individuals.

Appearance:
Females generally have smaller horns and feathering. They also don't have the beard. Males have larger horns, more feathering, and have beards. When it comes to coat color, they can have anything from a natural color to unrealistic. Every color combination is possible. It is most common for a Bifronticorn to share the same coat color, though they may have a split coat. A split coat is when two different colors are on a Bifronticorn, the horse having one, and the unicorn having one. The blend together in a meeting place on the body, it can be anywhere from shoulder to shoulder. The unicorn has a finer face, almost arabian like, while the horse has a quarter horse or mustang type head.

Locomotion:
How do they walk? To move, they do communicate with eachother, they don't just start walking opposite directions and wonder why they aren't moving. Bifronticorns have two front ends, one leads forward as the other walks backwards. Unfortunately, they don't trot or canter well due to this. They can trot, just very awkwardly and slow, it's more of a jog. They can also canter, but it is again, very slow and awkward. The lead will move forward, as the follower basically kicks off the ground in gait to support. They do not canter or trot for a long period of time. They do fall victim to predators if they are found (they can't be tracked, by visual or scent) due to this unfortunate characteristic. This is partly why they're so rare. They can defend themselves with their horns, hooves, and teeth like any other equine. They can also rear. One rears while the other supports, appearing to be bucking and rearing all at once.

Consumption:
Well how do they eat? How do they live? Like any other unicorn or horse. They eat natural vegitation, grass, leaves, flowers, anything they can get their lips on. If being domesticated, hay, grains, and grazing time is suitable. Both eat constantly like any equine, and in the same basic may. Food travels down the esophagus and into the stomach. They share one a stomach and set of intestines. Once food moves through the intestines it moves into a kind of "secondary stomach", where the digested material collects into a kind of... lumpy paste. When full, a reverse esophagus sends the waste out of the mouth of either one end, or both... kind of like throwing up. The "throw up" is the same consistency of a hairball, the lumpy paste removes waste liquid and solid.Why have a reverse esophagus? Because like a horse, it's normal esophagus' angle doesn't allow them to throw up. The reverse esophagus is more sloping, allowing the waste to pass easily. Well I guess that was kind of disgusting to some.

Basic anatomy and main organs:
Bifronticorns have one stomach, and one set of intestines. They also have one "secondary stomach". They each have their own heart, giving them two hearts. They have double the kidney, and double liver. They can lose one kidney and still funtion with three, but need both livers. Bifronticorns have two sets of lungs. They each have their own brain, of course. If one were to lose a heart, or brain, both would die. Each is vital to the other.

Reproduction:
Bifronticorns can not physically mate with eachother. Stallions and mares do pair up, never for life. Well how do they come into being? Genetic female Bifronticorns' can reproduce about every 15 years on May's full moon. A stallion pairs with one mare each full moon, a different mare each year.. for the most part. Over time, the mare's horn builds an extra layer of ivory, this sheds off every 15 years. To create a foal, the mare Bifronticorn must move to a body of water (anything but a puddle), and shed her horn into the water. A stallion Bifronticorn must touch his horn to the now shed horn to react the process of regeneration. The stallion moves the ivory hollow through the water with his horn, while the horse mare helps guide with her muzzle until the sun rises, for which by this time the foal is fully created. The mare cares for the foal, feeding the foal by touching horns and converting energy. The foal also eats for itself, the same diet as an adult. Despite how it sounds, it isn't just the unicorn's foal, it's both of theirs. They both equally care for the foal. The stallion has no part of the foal's life after it is created.

How to adopt:

-Each Bifronticorn may have a different adoption application.
-You must fill out this application accordingly.
-No aruing is allowed, if you become a problem you will be banned from adopting a Bifronticorn
-You may only adopt up to 2 Bifronticorns.

Typial Adoption Form:
User:
Unicorn name:
Horse name:
Who's the dominant:
Who's the follower:
Unicorn's personality trait:
Horse's personality trait:

Rules:

-No arguing, you will be banned from adoption.
-Only 2 Bifronticorns per member.
-This is copyright to JDWolf, me. So don't steal.
-If drawn, give credit of the species to JDWolf.
-Breeding is not allowed unless asked permission from me. If breeding with an other member's Bifronticorn, both must get permission from me via PM. If breeding your own Bifronticorns, you still must ask permission from me.
-You may only breed your Bifronticorn once, choose wisely.
-I will create your foal. You can tell me what you want, or you can tell me to create based on the parents.
-The owner of the mare keeps the foal.

Story behind the Bifronticorn...
During Physics class, Mckenzie turns around and nickers to me. "Oh are you a unicorn horse?" Said I.
"Yes, its my spirit animal"
"Oh yeah I totally understand that."
"I was a unicorn my past life"
"I'm gunna draw a unicorn horse now. Oh my god this will be perfect."
"Make it have two front ends"
"Oh mer gerd yes!"
And the first sketch of Bifronticorn was born. We discussed anatomy and how it lived. So, this creature came to life.
Last edited by JDWolf on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"What One Does Not Know, One Fears,what One Fears, One Destroys"-Chief Dan George
ImageImageImageImage

JDWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bifronticorn Adopts

Postby KathrynKat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 am

LOVE IT I read about it just confused on how it recycles...
Anyways the art is awesome and the way they create the baby.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JDWolf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Recycle as in digestion?
"What One Does Not Know, One Fears,what One Fears, One Destroys"-Chief Dan George
ImageImageImageImage

JDWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muens » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Very cool! This is definitely a risky idea, as it doesn't go along with the kind of critters most people gravitate towards...BUT I LIKE THAT! You've come up with quite a unique and creative idea. I will be looking to adopt one in the near future! :D
muens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeyLey14 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Random question but how do they breed? and will there be like a black/blue/white pinto mare or so coming out? i just like the idea of it thats all :3 i really want to adopt one! hehe
LeyLey14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me