Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fernan Adoptables by IceFire

Based on Click to view
Artist IceFire [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fernan Adoptables

Postby IceFire » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:56 am

Welcome to Fernan Adopts!

Adoption // Breeding // Archives // Re-Adoption // Events // FAQ // Shop // Fanclub

Before you get started on adopting, we have a few rules here. Make sure to read everything, and then you can discover the perfect Fernan for you!

Rules:
1. Do not ask to be an artist. I will post about applications if artist positions are open.
2. Do not claim this species as your own. You will be banned.
3. Do not create your own Fernan without my permission.
4. Do not steal any designs!

Lines were created by horsy1050

Fernans belong to Zaxy and IceFire

The 3 Subspecies of Fernan
Mountain
Mountain Fernan are the size of ponies to small horses, and most commonly have appaloosa or other spotted coats. They stand at 10-13 hands high on average.

The Mountain Fernan were built to be sturdy and small in order to adjust to the shortage of food in the rocky areas of the planet; although some can be found to stray away from mountains. During birthing season Mountain Fernan will often stray from their high-altitude homes in order to give the foals a better chance of survival.

Forest
Forest Fernan are the size of a horse to a small draft, and come in all colors and patterns. They all sport unique stripes on their coats, and no two Forest Fernan share the same coloration and pattern. Forest Fernan stand from 13.3 to 15.2 hands high.
Forest Fernan originated from a breeding between Mountain and Plains Fernan many many generations ago, and therefore sport "the best of both worlds."

Plains
Plains Fernan are built like a giant moose or elk, and stand at the same size as an average draft horse. The Plains Fernan are unique due to the fact that they do not share the split hooves that their smaller relatives, the Forest and Mountain Fernan, have. Plains Fernan stand from 15.3 to 18 hands high.
The Plains Fernan became so huge due to their bountiful grazing, and are rarely ever harmed.

Breed Specifics
Males
Male Fernan have both the ram horns and the extended horns, unlike the Females.

Females
Females only sport the extended horns.

When a Fernan is born their tail is much like a normal horse's, but as time goes on their tail bone continues to stretch until it measures more than their body length. This allows foals to grow without weakening their spine with a heavy tail straining their backs.
Fernan usually show emotions through ear and tail movement; much like an regular horse, or even a cat. When angry, their ears will flatten, and their tails will begin to swish back and forth. If feeling lazy or content, they will stand at rest with ears at a relaxed position and their tail next to their feet.
Some Fernan's tend to feel more vain about their tails and never seem to let them drag on the ground while others use them for whatever they need to.

Fernan Elements
All Fernan are magic users, and each Fernan is born with the power to control one element. It is extremely uncommon to see a Fernan that can control more than a single element.

There are nine known elements that the Fernan can control.

Fire
Earth
Water
Wind
Light
Darkness
Metal
Flora
Fauna

Several elements are still unknown, and discovering a Fernan with control over any other element than the nine listed here is extremely rare.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Fernan Staff

Admin
IceFire
Zax

Artists
◾IceFire
◾Zax

◾Cloud'

Guest Artists
◾N i g h t s t a r
◾horsy1050
◾iAmDiversity
◾-3B-
◾Potato. (remove)
◾OliviaMarrie (remove)

Archivist & Coder
Jayjay's-Pie
Last edited by IceFire on Fri May 16, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 18 times in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding & Customs

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:56 am

Breeding & Custom Center
Adoption // Breeding // Archives // Re-Adoption // Events // FAQ // Shop // Fanclub

Remember, all rules for Fernans still apply here!

Breeding
When applying for a breeding, you must wait until an artist posts with their form and the number of slots that they have opened. Do not pester the artists to finish your breedings.

Breedings will always be free, the only thing you have to do is be patient.

When two Fernan breed, there will always be one foal. There will never be more than a single Fernan produced from a breeding. Do NOT ask for more than one foal.

Subspecies Breeding
A Mountain and a Plains Fernan may breed, but the offspring will be a Forest Fernan. Other than a Mountain and Plains Fernan breeding, no other cross subspecies breeding is permitted.

Breeding Rules

1. A Fernan can only breed TEN times, regardless of gender.
2. No same gender breedings are permitted.
3. You must wait at least a week between breeding requests.
4. Do NOT breed your own Fernan together without permission.
5. Only approved artists may breed your Fernan.

Good luck with your breedings!

Customs
Each user may only have two customs, unless you are part of the Fernan staff or are given permission to own more than two.

Customs are not easy to get. Only permanent artists can accept custom applications. When a custom slot is open, the artist offering will post on the adoption thread (you are on it cx) with a form, which you must fill out as best you can. Sometimes customs will be a competition, sometimes they will be purchasable. Keep your eyes peeled, and maybe you can nab a slot!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re-Adoption

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 am

Re-Adoption

Sometimes a Fernan becomes unloved, and when this occurs they come back here, ready to be Re-Adopted into a warm, welcoming home!

Fernan in Need of Homes
1. ---
2. ---
3. ---

Fernan Waiting to Find their Homes
Please Note: These Fernan are not yet up for Re-Adoption, and are still going through the shock of losing their previous owners. Please, do not pressure them to go to a new home before they are ready.

1. ---
2. ---
3. ---

If you want to give your Fernan back so we can let someone else adopt it, please PM me this form, titled 'Fernan Re-Adoption':
Code: Select all
[size=85][b]I would like to have my Fernan Re-Adopted![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Fernan's Name:[/b]
[b]Fernan's Number:[/b]
[b]Link to Fernan:[/b]

[i]I give permission for Jayjay's-Pie to let my Fernan be Re-Adopted.[/i][/size]
Last edited by jensen ackles on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contests & Events

Contests & Events

January 24th, 2014 - Fernans officially begin!

February 14th, 2014 - Fernan archive is created!

There are currently no Contests and Events.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Simply drop us a post, or PM a staff member if you have any questions!

Wow! No questions yet!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shop

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Fernan Shop

Here you can buy tickets to have your Fernan's gender switched, give them an extra breeding slot, or maybe even get yourself a custom!

Items:

There are currently no items in the shop.
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates, Banners, & Stamps

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Affiliates

PM IceFire or Jayjay's-Pie if you are interested in an affiliation with Fernans!

Banners & Stamps

None yet!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bans

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Banning

This is our little center for keeping people banned straight. Be good, and keep this post empty as possible!

One Warning:
no one!

Two Warnings:
no one!

Permanently Banned:
no one!
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Up for Adoption!

Postby jensen ackles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 pm

These Fernan are still up for adoption:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by jensen ackles on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 am, edited 9 times in total.
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fernan Adoptables

Postby IceFire » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:46 pm

You guys can postie now will have a fern up here in a second
IceFire