Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Phaethon's Tekes v2 - Hiatus page 17 by Dia.

Based on Click to view
Artist Dia. [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
87 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Phaethon's Tekes v2 - Hiatus page 17

Postby Dia. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 pm

PHAETHON'S TEKES
▬▬▬▬▬▬•▬▬▬▬▬▬
| fanclub | breeding/customs | ask.fm |
▬▬▬▬▬▬•▬▬▬▬▬▬

In Greek mythology, Phaethon was a son of Helios. One day, he insisted that his father let him drive
    his chariot, but was unable to control it. To save the Earth, he was struck by one of Zues’
    lightning bolts and fell, allowing the horses pulling the chariot to get home.

Phaethon’s Tekes were discovered by a group of people on a search for Phaethon’s landing point.
    When they believed that they had discovered the crater, thinly built horses began to gather. Upon first
    glance, they seemed no different than akhal tekes. However, a handful of explorers felt that they had
    discovered something different. Because of their location and the motive of their search, the explorers
    dubbed them Phaethon’s Tekes. While part of the group left to report their findings, the rest stayed back to
    construct a ranch, unable to leave the magnificent creatures.

▬▬▬▬▬▬•▬▬▬▬▬▬
| archives | transfers | v1 |
▬▬▬▬▬▬•▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Dia. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 am, edited 24 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Phaethon's Tekes - Rules and Stuff

Postby Dia. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:47 pm

. . . . Rules
    Do not claim the species/art as your own
    Do not make your own; this is a closed species
    Do not take a teke if it doesn't belong to you
    Do not edit the original images
    Do not resell/gift/readopt
    There is no adoption limit; you may win one a day
    Do not ask to be staff
    Do not pester/complain/be difficult
    If taken offsite, credit Dia. and link to her profile and this thread
    Tekes can be bred ten times

. . . . Adopting
    Look through the thumbnails. If it is available, 'adopt me' will be written on the image. Go to its page and verify that it is open for forms, fill out the form, and post it. Make sure to follow the rules for posting that are on the thread.
    Unadopted tekes(at least Dia.'s) will be going up for adoption on deviantart if their end date passes and there are no finished/valid forms. (If the other artists want to do this, please let me know!) If you meant to apply before the end date, you may still apply on dA. However, there will usually be a 'buy it now' price in points.

. . . . Streams
    Streams Happen Here
    There will be times when I offer free semi-customs on streams. There will not be any warning and semi-custom spots cannot be reserved. You also can't order a semi-custom for someone else. When you order a semi-custom, you suggest a coat color, any markings, and sometimes gender, but the dip and string is up to me. Unlike full customs, I will rarely take input on semi-custom designs.

. . . . Available on DeviantArt
    Image Image
Last edited by Dia. on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Phaethon's Tekes - Information

Information;;
    ImageImage

. . . . Physical
      Phaethon's Tekes exhibit sexual dimophism. Mares are more delicate. They have a thinner neck and barrel, smaller chest, and a slightly dished face. They do have larger hips than stallions. Stallions are more robust. They are well-muscled and they have a larger chest and barrel as well as a thicker neck. They have roman noses.
      Pheathon's tekes stand between 14 and 16 hands tall, but may sometimes be seen slightly shorter or taller.
      In most cares, Phaethon's Tekes have extremely sparse, rather ugly manes. For vanity's sake, handlers roach their teke's manes and it is considered bad ownership to let a mane grow. Only neglected, abandoned, and wild tekes have their natural mane. Their tails are kept short and neat as well.
      Tekes mature at about six years of age. Until then, their muscles and skeleton are not fully developed and are extremely fragile.

. . . . Appearance
      Phaethon’s Tekes can be any color that horses naturally exhibit. Tekes can have any paint, appaloosa, face, or leg markings as well as mutations like bird-carcher spots, brindle, etc. Chimeric coats are possible, but they never include more than two colors. Unnatural coat and tail colors are not acceptable. They are never artificially colored or dyed.
      Tekes can have any color eyes. Naturally, brown and blue are most common. Purple, green, gold, and grey
      eyes also occur. Red and pink eyes are extremely rare. A teke will never have white or black irises. In some circumstances, a Teke may have heterochromia, a condition in which the eyes are different colors.
      Phaethon's Tekes exhibit a special marking officially called "dipping." Although it may be called by other names. The cause of dipping is not known, but the genes controlling it seem to act independently from the base coat color. At the very list, a teke's ears are always "dipped". The dipping may extend down the neck and over the back. It can be any naturally occurring teke color. Markings can be present under or on dipping. "Broken" dipping may occur in uncommon cases, but there are never two completely disconnected "pieces" or more than one or two breaks.
    ImageImageImage
    Minimal. . . . . ..... . .. . . .. . . . Maximum. . . . . . . .. . ..... .. . . . Broken

. . . . Mental
      Phaethon's Tekes are known for their high intelligence, endurance, speed, and athleticism. They may be trained to carry a rider after their delicate structure has matured. They can also be taught to jump and schooled in the art of dressage. Some tekes have been sucessful in racing, but they can very rarely compete with thoroughbreds. Tekes are not particularly skilled when it comes to working with livestock. Tekes are very high-energy, but they have incredible focus when they are given a job that they enjoy. Phaethon's Tekes may also be stubborn and it is difficult to get them to do a task they do not want to do. As a result, some tekes will not excel in certain disciplines. Tekes are not recommended mounts for young or beginning riders because of their energy.
      Tekes are incredibly social creatures. With minimal human influence, they most commonly live in herds consisting of a dominant stallion, a handful of mares, and their foals. Foals are usually chased from the herd when they are around four years of age. Colts become increasingly aggressive at this age and the stallion forces them to leave to avoid negative consequences. Fillies are cast away gently by their mothers. Stallions may steal mares from other herds. However, mares may become attached to a certain herd and refuse to leave. While some stallions will give up on the mare, others may be dangerously persistent. If the mare's stallion does not protect her if the latter occurs, she may be injured or killed in her struggle. Stallions do not harm foals that are not their own and mares commonly work together to care for all of the herd's foals. It is not uncommon for a mare to take an orphaned foal as her own. A teke with minimal human influence can live to be around 30 years old.
      Tekes with more human influence are social, but they may be kept in different, unnatural conditions. They are adaptable and will work out a hierarchy without much trouble. In these cases, stallions are able to live together. It is unknown how they are able to adapt to this behavior, since their natural tendency is to be aggressive towards other males. Tekes can become very attached to their handlers. They can live to be around 40 years old when they are provided with excellent care.
      It is fairly easy to tame a wild teke, but it proves to be nearly impossible to return a teke to its wild ways.
      Please note that it is extremely rare that a teke is actually completely wild. All tekes get strings and have their manes clipped. So, all tekes have at least a minimal amount of human contact even if they live outside of human contact.
      There are only two stallions and four mares that are completely wild at this time.

. . . . The Strings
      Phaethon’s Tekes always have a thin string tied around their neck. This string is commonly very delicate, soft, and
      of high quality material. It may be of any color. Tekes are never seen without their string and foals are given their first string within the first day. Handlers commonly save a teke's first string as it is believed to hold promises of good luck, health, and fortune for the teke. Traditionally, foals will wear the same color string as his/her sire or dam. However, this is becoming a less common practice. Strings are constant for the creature’s entire life. The color of the string as well as the shape, color, and number of beads will always be the same. The string may break or beads may be lost, but they are always replaced in a timely manner. It is extremely rare that a Pheathon’s Teke will wear more than one string at a time.

. . . . Rarities
      (in order of increasing rarity)
      Normal - Shiny - Wild - Shaggy - Zeke - Maned
      Normal tekes fit the breed description perfectly.
      Shiny tekes have a natural sheen to their coats.
      Wild tekes are completely wild. No human contact at all. Mares have 5 breeding spots. No wild x domestic pairs
      Shaggy tekes are tekes that have partial manes.
      Zekes are a sterile hybrid between a zebra stallion and a teke mare. They have the gene ZeZe and heterochromia.
      Mane tekes have perfect manes.
      Dipless tekes do not have the characteristic dip. They are not given beads on their strings.
Last edited by Dia. on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Phaethon's Tekes - Staff

. . . . Owner
    Dia.

. . . . Archivists
    Ezai
    orse
    teresa8oats

. . . . Artists
    Dia.
    Ezai
    Myk
    The Royal Mirage
    teresa8oats
    orse
    Baby bunnies!
    Sandy Hoofprints

. . . . Guest Artists

Tekes started to welcome guest artists in January of 2015. Until June of 2015, applications happened through a clunky process involving messages, two rounds, and a lot of work.

Starting in July of 2015, the guest artist process was streamlined.
The New Artist Search
However, this process was short lived.

A lot of expected change = thread facelift + hiring a crew.
Last edited by Dia. on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Phaethon's Tekes - Advertising

Postby Dia. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:48 pm

. . . . Stamps
    (Please feel free to use our stamps to advertise Phaethon's Tekes)

Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2568321][img]http://i.imgur.com/YoqDyKD.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=81561793#p81561793][img]http://i.imgur.com/7T6N9mS.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2568321][img]http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/kkspecial4/9b8f4d5d-b287-42f1-bc75-ac5b7c899f53_zpsd97wajqv.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited by Dia. on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 am, edited 16 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Phaethon's Tekes v2 - Posting is Open

Postby kortico » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:51 pm

marking 8D

can't wait to see my two boys on the new linesss uwu

hi! you can call me yuri.
lover of f1, cinnamoroll, and anything pink.

adoptsxx +xxmy profilexx +xx art cred

kortico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Marking cause i can. and you cant stop me xP

Postby cowgirlchrista » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:52 pm

These are awesome! I can't wait to get one! Mark!
{}
_ _
links
_ _
x
x
x
x
_ _
Sig
Cred

_ _