Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Delta Velorum Foxes - Closed for Revamp pg.12! by SnowStar

Artist SnowStar [gallery]
Time spent 17 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 85
70 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Delta Velorum Foxes - Closed for Revamp pg.12!

Postby SnowStar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:22 pm

DVF Staff.
Founder/Species Owner ::

Bank Manager ::

Archivist ::

Artists ::

Guest Artist ::

Strikes and Bans.
Warnings ::
None.

Bans ::
None.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Important Links.
• Main Thread (you are here) • ArchiveMembers ArchiveFanclub / Discussion Thread
NurseryClans and InformationBankGrowth Thread
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delta Velorum Foxes (Delta Foxes or DVF for short) are hardy, large vulpes like mammals who live on the planet Delta Velorum. They live in a variety of environments depending on where the clan is located and where they travel - anywhere from southern lush forests to steep cliffs to the north. They are known to live in just about any place on Delta Velorum. Delta Foxes can come in any natural color and come in a variety of shades and patterns. Their eyes can be any known color - both natural and unnatural. This species has been open since August 9th, 2014.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Rules.

[If a rule has a red arrow on the side [] that indicates that the rule is new or has been edited.]

Be respectful to staff members and others at all times. Rudeness/insults/bribery/ect will result in warnings and possible strikes. Do not whine, threaten, harass, guilt trip. If there is a problem please direct it to the Owner or Moderators. If needed a CS mod will be contacted for help depending on the situation. Please do not mini mod.
► Do not steal and/or sell this species or designs in any way for any currency. Character trading is NOT allowed. Any illegal DVFs made will be reported immediately to a CS mod and the person will be permanently banned from this species.

DVFs are allowed to have the same name so long as they 1) have a different spelling variation. 2) have permission of the DVF own with the original name. If permission is not obtained you will be required to change the name.
If put a DVF that you owned for re-adopted you must wait at least two weeks until you adopt another DVF. Trying out for a DVF while in the cooldown period will result in a disqualification no matter when the adoption end date is.
► You are allowed to put your DVF's ref onto a character website that you own as long as proper credit to the art and design is made - but you are NOT allowed to take the ref offsite and/or re upload it in any other way (such as DA/stash, tinypic, photobucket, flickr, imageshack, ect).

You may adopt up to two DVFs per week.
Users can own up to 20 Adult DVFs, 20 Nursery DVFs, and 0 customs (unless awarded in a event). Staff members can own up to 22 Adult DVFs, 22 Nursery DVFs, and 2 Customs.
► If someone has created gift lines you may not color them in for contest. You are only allowed to color the DVFs you own.
► Do not make any DVFs as your fursona/persona.

Artist Rules.
► We have the right to remove any staff member for inactivity and/or breaking rules.
► Earless/Tailless DVFs are currently not allowed.
► Do not use solid black colors in any DVF designs. If you cannot see the lines, the color is too dark and needs to be changed.
► Always put all colors used (including iris and pupil colors) on the color palette. If you have leftover unused palette squares, erase them.
► Guest artist can make up to 3 Delta Velorum Foxes and one custom after all adoptable DVF are posted.
--Guest Artists are not allowed custom lines/edits for custom or adopts. Reverse eyes/one reverse eye are not allowed with guest artists as well.
DVF revamps, adding/removing markings, ect are not allowed unless under extreme circumstances. (example: a artist or GA made and adopted out a DVF with solid black colors or unnatural colors.)

► DVFs come in only natural pelt colors and any color for the eyes. Paw pads/tongues/noses can by any color. Custom Facial markings are not considered a edit. No facial markings that look like symbols (lightning bolts, pentagrams, text, ect). You must make at least 6 normal Delta Velorum Foxes before you can make one with hair/tail/fur edits. Make at least 5 growing teens before you can make one with PKS. Limit yourself with DVFs with Heterochromia.You are required to run by any DVF with edits by SnowStar for approval before posting it, this includes premade edits.
► Every 50th DVF (#50, #100 ect) is reserved for a special adoption. Both Runner Ups and Customs are not allowed to be numbered.
► Once a DVF is adopted out - all artists are required to hide the ADOPT ME layer and write the DVF's name on the correct layer, and turn on the proper gender signs/layers.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Warning System.

Strike One: One week adoption ban, not allowed to adopt any DVF during the time and any adoption contest that has been entered before or during strike that ends while strike is still in order, the person will automatically be disqualified from said contest. If a Artist/Guest artist/Staff member is given this strike they will be unable to post any customs til one week period has ended.

Strike Two: One month adoption ban, not allowed to adopt any DVF during the time and any adoption contest that has been entered before or during strike that ends while strike is still in order, the person will automatically be disqualified from said contest. Any nursery tickets submitted during this time will be denied. If a Artist/Staff member is given this strike they will be unable to post any customs til one month time period has ended.

Strike Three: User will be permanently banned from the Delta Velorum species. All DVFs that the user owns may be revoked and put up for re-adoption depending on the situation in which the person was given a third strike. Said person is not allowed to post, draw, adopt, roleplay, take part in any DVF event, and/or talk about anything DVF related both on and off site.

Delta Velorum Fox Species made, owned, and © by SnowStar
Last edited by SnowStar on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:31 am, edited 151 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Basic Information

Postby SnowStar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Traits.

Facial Markings.
The varieties and traits that a Delta Velorum Fox can come in are endless, each fox look completely different from the next and no two are ever the same. Even twins in litters don't look the same, identical twins are never seen. But the one thing DVFs will always have, no matter what, is facial markings.

Delta Velorum Foxes always have facial markings in one way or another, and there has never been a fox without one. Facial markings can range from small markings to multiple large varieties. They come in a wide variety of looks, sizes, and shape - Horse markings are a common sight to see. Custom markings are rather common, and just like custom tail varieties, they are unique to the individual and can come in endless combinations and variety. Markings that look like text and/or symbols (anarchy sign, pentagrams, ect) are never seen and are frowned upon.
Tail Varieties.
A Delta Velorum Fox can come in a variety of tail mutations.
Sizes range from a tiny deer like tail, to a tail variety that is almost twice as long as
the foxes body length. Custom tails are rare, and tend to be unique to the individual -
with a endless variety in shape and size. Delta Velorum Foxes have been known to have
multiple tails, but this is so rare it has only been seen in one individual. A DVF with no tail
is unheard of, and will most likely never be seen.

The default tail varieties are-

○ Normal
○ Medium
○ Relaxed
○ Short
○ Tiny
○ Long
○ Curled
Diet.
Delta Velorum Foxes can eat almost anything.
Their sense of smell plays a huge role in what a fox eats - if it smells good they know
it is edible. Even herbs and plants that are used as medicine should never have a bad
smell, or risk being poisoned by it. Depending on the fox they can be a full vegetarian,
carnivore, or anything in between. Most tend to be a good mix of both (omnivore);
vegetation and local herbs are a excellent source of vitamins needed to survive
especially when prey is scarce - local herbs on Delta Velorum helps to aid digestion
as well. Shrubbery, grass, herbs, leaves, and even tree bark are known to be eaten
as long as it doesn't smell bad to the individual. Fruit and flowers are a excellent
source of immune system boosting vitamins as well as a sweet treat. Meat tends
to be a welcomed meal by most, as long as the Fox knows exactly what he or she
is getting - some prey, though tasty, are known to be venomous if the fox eats the
wrong area. Many prey species have poison glands to ward DVFs away.

Eating Predators and other Delta Velorum Foxes is never, ever allowed and will
never be seen with any DVF. A DVF will choose to starve to death in this case.
Eye Mutations and Variety.
One of the smallest but noticeable mutations on a Delta Velorum Fox is eye mutations. Though their coats only come in natural colors, eyes can literately be anything color imagined (minus solid black) for both pupil and Iris. Because of the color possibilities and combinations, some foxes are are called 'Crazy Eyes' with how they look. Heterochromia is a uncommon variety, but not unheard of; this gives the DVF two more more colors in his or her eyes.

Reverse Eyes on the other hand are quite rare - only 1 out of every 25 or less foxes are seen with this mutation. Reverse eyes gives a DVF very light colored pupils with darker colored Irises. Despite the eyes looks, most Delta Velorum Foxes with this are not blind, but all are quite sensitive to sunlight and tend to roam during darker hours of the day and night to lessen the eye pain. A fox with reverse eyes has a 50% chance of passing it on to it's kits as well as give them a large chance of other eye mutations as well.
Common DVF Phrases.
Todd: A Male fox.
Vixen: A Female fox.
Kit(s): Any fox that is too young to be considered a teen (babies).
PKS: A Individual with Permanent Kit Syndrome.

Permanent Kit Syndrome.
Permanent Kit Syndrome, or PKS for short - is a uncommon genetic
defect that only effects young Delta Velorum Foxes. Those with this Syndrome
are born just like healthy normal Fox kits, but once they become a teen they
completely stop growing. For the rest of the individuals life they will stay the size
and looks of a teenager. They can live as long as any other DVF, and this syndrome
doesn't seem to affect the kits health in any way. Those with PKS can mentally develop
normally, and can reproduce without complications just like any adult Delta Velorum Fox.

Those with PKS can breed like normal Delta Velorum Foxes, but can only breed with other
teens due to their small size. If a PKS has kits, there is a very high chance of the kit(s)
having PKS as well - and it is a 90% chance of two PKS parents having PKS Kits.

It is very rare for two PKS foxes to have a normal growing kit in their litter.
Accessories.
It all depends on the personality of the Delta Velorum Fox, but accessories do play a huge role in fox society. Clans sometimes use them to show what rank they have, while other clans reward them for the Fox's hard work and a sign of respect. Other times foxes wear accessories to express their personalities and simply enjoy them. In the end, it all depends on the fox. Not all accessory types are allowed, so be sure to read notes and PM SnowStar if needed before adding accessories to your DVF.
Important Notes.
Main DVF Designs: DVFs only come in natural colors, but eyes and pawpads can come in unnatural colors. Solid black is never allowed.
Piercings: Are restricted to Ears only.
Human Accessories: Are NOT Allowed (shirt, pants, socks, underwear, ect).
Hair/Fluff Edits: They are not accessories, they can only be added by a staff member if the owner acquires the proper item from the bank and/or a event.
Environment: DVFs are a WILD species. On their planet there are no cities, towns, humans, cars, ect. Delta Velorum has never been inhabited by humans nor seen any of their technology before. DVFs though are a highly intelligent species and have learned how to make their own accessories.
#95AE77
Last edited by SnowStar on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 20 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Current Adoptions

Postby SnowStar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Note: this list is old and needs to be updated. Pound for re-adoptions and old un-adopted DVFs coming soon.

Image-Image

All Delta Velorum Foxes start out as loners, unless born from two parents that live in the same clan. Once adopted they can choose to join a DVF Clan by filling out the forms given. Please go to the DVF Clans and Information thread to learn more about clans and how to join one!
Last edited by SnowStar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 70 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Applications

Postby SnowStar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Guest Artists Application:
CLOSED

Each Guest Artist will be a guest artist for one month. You can make up to 3 DVFs for adoption and one custom after you've made your 3. Guest Artists are not allowed to make any custom lines/edits for both adoptions and custom. Customs must be approved by me before it's posted.

If a guest artist does not make their 3 DVFs for adoption they will not be allowed to make their custom. A custom is a reward for hard work and the job well done. All Guest Artists are required to read all the rules given and follow them. Favoritism is not allowed in any contest, and pure black markings/colors are not allowed in design due to that color being the same as the lines.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have you been a Guest Artist before?[/b]
[b]Examples of designs you've done in the past:[/b]
[b]Do you have drawing tablet and/or pen pressure?[/b] (not required but good to know)

[b]Will you follow all the DVF Artist Rules and normal rules given, and stay active within the DVF community?[/b]
[b]Do you promise to work hard?[/b]

[b]True or false - Solid black colors are allowed:[/b]

Last edited by SnowStar on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:52 am, edited 15 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Affiliates

Postby SnowStar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Image - Image - Image

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2656696][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/1687v46.png[/img][/url]

Made by AlleyBalley
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2656696][img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii563/Alleyballey28/DVF%20taggieeeee_zpsxkm4otte.png[/img][/url]

Banner can be used for both support and affiliates.
Last edited by SnowStar on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:45 am, edited 12 times in total.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Delta Velorum Foxes - Posting Now Open!

Postby yeena » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

mmm marking yes
yeena / any pronouns / borzoi enthusiast

[art by sleepycalicos]
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:05 pm

fresh thread yes
    marking
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coradrawa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 pm

The new thread smell X3

Markie!
coradrawa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:12 am

Artist Contest
Artist contest now open! More prizes are being added to the prize group almost every day!
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:41 am

Marking the shiny new thread owo
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets