Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Silver Spring Thoroughbreds - GRAND OPENING! by orse

Based on Click to view
Artist orse [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Silver Spring Thoroughbreds - GRAND OPENING!

Postby orse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:11 pm

created and owned by orse - lines by preppy paws

The thoroughbred is a highly underestimated breed due to it's common nature. However they are incredibly versatile and have been used on and off the race track. With massive, powerful lungs and a colossal heart, the thoroughbred can run for miles on it's slender but strong legs and tendons that propel the leg forward with each stride. The thoroughbred can breathe through it's large nostrils up to 140 times a minute. That's almost 2 and a half times per second. Whilst running, their spleen 'blood dopes' the horse's circulatory system, releasing copious amounts of oxygen rich red blood cells. Despite their amazing ability, thoroughbreds are still under appreciated by many and are often considered 'boring' or 'basic'.

When you adopt a Silver Spring Thoroughbred, they have left the racetrack and are ready to be re-educated. You can turn that horse into whatever you want it to be - its discipline and individuality is totally up to you!

Silver Spring Thoroughbreds aims to bring back appreciation for thoroughbreds and their versatility. All these thoroughbreds are special - they have been trained to race at the massive racing complex, Silver Spring Racing Stables. Once their racing career is over, they are cleared by a vet for adoption here at Silver Spring Thoroughbreds. Some of these thoroughbreds may have little quirks or traits that are listed under their adoption, and not all of these horses are just your basic thoroughbred! Although there is not much variation in the coat colours of thoroughbreds, the thoroughbreds at Silver Spring Thoroughbreds are known for being notoriously beautiful, with simple yet stunning coats. Genetic mutation is also possible, so every now and then keep your eyes peeled for a colour that seems slightly unordinary! Foals can also be bred from your adopted off the track thoroughbreds upon request for an artist who is open for breedings! Foals can also be found for adoption, as they may have been bred with the race track in mind, but did not show potential for racing.

Thoroughbreds all have individual and unique personalities, but nothing is more rewarding than winning the heart of an amazing ex-racehorse by giving it a new life.
Last edited by orse on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Links

Postby orse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Last edited by orse on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby orse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Rules
    - Abide to all CS rules at all times
    - Do not take these lines off of CS, if pictures are used offsite then credit must be given to the owner and artist/s
    - There is no limit to how many thoroughbreds you can own but you may only adopt once per day
    - No abuse towards staff members or other members at any time
    - Artists have the right to reject/ask to modify your custom or breeding orders if they do not comply with species standards
    - All thoroughbreds can breed an unlimited number of times, however geldings, when adopted, come with one breeding allowed until they are rendered infertile
    - No complaining, pleading or asking to be a member of staff unless applications are open
    - Most of all, have fun!
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby orse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Staff
    Owner
    - orse

Artists
    - orse
    - Dia.
    - teresa8oats
    - Tynahi
Last edited by orse on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breed Specifications

Postby orse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:13 pm

orse

My pets