Re: Gull Wing Rune

Postby PPr:Kut » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 am

Definitely reserved!!
"He was a true warrior. Born with a strength and clout that would make most Saiyan fathers proud. But there was something far darker about him. Violent, threatening..."
PPr:Kut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

Owner Name:
~Willow
Name:
Glacier
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

WiP<3

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guepardo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:27 am

.. why don't you meet
    this handsome lad?
    let's meet pan.

n a m e ::
    Pan! <3

n i c k n a m e ::
    He just prefers Pan.
    .. Though sometimes I call him Pan-Man.

g e n d e r ::
    Pan is a male..

okay..

well,
    why don't i tell you more
    about him.?

Last edited by Guepardo on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guepardo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 am

*I hardly have any Internet access or time during the weekdays, so I had to do almost everything on the weekends ^^;
Owner Name:
Ashenjay
Rune bearer, 'Jay'

A happy thirteen year old girl, former runeologist, loves runes, brown eyes and hair, blahblahblah~
I/she has a random variety of interests, and well, doesn't dislike many things :'/

Name:
Neoul(너울)
-Means strong ocean waves in Korean-
It seemed simple but meaningful, and related to his characteristics :3
It's a bit odd to spell but also makes it more unique, I hope.

That's just how his expression and details seem to suit him well for me :3

Personality:
Generally speaking, he isn't the kind of rune who stands out completely out of a group, but has some subtle traits that make you keep looking at him for no reasons that can be put into words.

Outwards he may seem shy and speechless, but actually he talks about about personal things to friends or companions he really enjoys. Neoul is usually optimistic about all situations, and welcoming to outsiders even though he will not go and socialize immediately. For he prefers to keep a distance with strangers or not-very-close friends, it's hard to get to know him closely, and he chooses whom he likes(obviously).

Neoul is rather humble than boastful, but that can also mean he is uncertain with trying new things. Even though he loves adventure and feels his heart fluttering at the thought of one, he finds it hard to put into real action because of his uncertainty. Sometimes he can seem unsure of himself, even though there's no need to be. However he never gives up on anything, and does his best. Neoul doesn't think anything is insignificant; he respects others' interests and skills no matter what they are. And when he is given a task of some sort, he will do his best to accomplish it even if it is new or challenging. He isn't much of a complainer and follow tasks as long as he believes they are logical and has sense.Though unsure and clumsy at first, Neoul can be a sincere and quick learner who is quite passionate and curious about everything, even though he may not be too good at expressing it.

Another quality that he possesses is that he rarely ever yammers- if there is a problem, he looks to the future and the solutions, and doesn't meddle too much with the cause. He cares more about the conclusions, the effects, than who did wrong and such. He rarely blames anyone for anything and just deals with the situation if something happens. His hardworking attitudes sometimes encourages his comrades during difficult times.

Neoul sometimes faces trouble expressing himsemlf clearly, as he may start to say his thoughts but go down in a low mumble as he loses courage. He overly respects others and is a great listener and understands others sincerely, but not so much of a good speaker. Around close ones he explains his thoughts, which are rather unique to him and gentle and passionate at the same time. Often others misunderstand him but it doesn't last long as they know his true values and qualities. Other runes his age enjoy chatting to him(in a one-sided way) because he doesn't interrupt, and sincerely tries to understand their problems and thoughts. You can say that he is very polite and soft-spoken.

Neoul very much loves the sea and the sky and everything in between.
He actually can't stand cramped places and will probably feel way to itchy and will look around and keep thumping his tail. Well, since he never was actually in a cubicle it's hard to tell exactly; but so far, it is certain that he loves the open.
When he has nothing to do, or want to have fun, the best idea he has is to swim or to fly, or do both. He enjoys gliding through the air, breaking through the clouds, or diving into the ocean and flowing with the natural waves until he can no longer hold his breath, and bursts out with a satisfied smile. The weather doesn't worry him much- if it's raining, he enjoys the coolness and the pungent smells rain brings. If it's bright, he enjoys the glittering ocean and bathes in the cheerful light. His optimism really stands out when he is enjoying himself. He would probably feel choked in a city such as Alabaster, for all his life he has lived in the seashore of a remote part of Eldemore- and loved it.

Neoul respects a group, and is always a great member of one.
He enjoys being part of a large society and relying on each other. Even though he isn't the most 'social' rune, he is comfortable with company of many sea-related runes. He trusts others to make good decisions(he can be unsure if left to make decisions himself. Not a very good thing in case he is put into an emergency situation. But he can't help it!) and follows them, as mentioned before.
Being a pacifist and optimist, he doesn't hate or dislike much things except for the obvious. Rarely he holds any kind of dislike towards another rune. If he sees someone different from his values, instead of hating them immediately he would rather wonder why they act they way and ponder about him for a long, long time.

After entering middle school it was very hard to keep up with the Eldemorian society and all of CS, to be honest-
however when it became summer for some reason I wanted to dive in again and have fun with my dear characters I have adopted around here. When I heard that it was the one year anniversary or runes, I was surprised that time went by so fast and it had been already one year!

And now there is the Dream Spark and the Gull Wing Rune.
They were a very, very pleasant surprise, and immediately I just had to go for one of the beauties.
As I pondered between which, I chose the Gull Wing Rune for several reasons that I'll try my best to explain now~

Firstly, he is related to the sea-
The ocean is such a wonderful place full of mysteries! Every time I saw a documentary related to an ocean or visited one, I was always awed as if it was the first time. The seemingly endless blue waters, the waves, and the sea breeze all came together as a wonderful scenery that forever was embedded in my mind.
A rune which is based off the ocean? Beautiful. Of course so far there had been several which were marine, but the Gull Wing rune seemed somewhat special in a personal way. This is hard to explain though, as this is just how I feel.

The white markings on the blue body remind me so much of sea foam. A year ago when I visited the islands in southeastern Korea, the ocean had a layer of thick ocean mist and I could see foam on the edges of the islands. They were such a pretty sight I tried to draw them several times(failing though >>). The Gull Wing rune's markings greatly remind me of those so much! They were so hard to capture as a realistic image I could stare at , because photos and drawinsg never seemed to work. However on the GUll Wing rune it comes alive and real. The natural markings are wonderfully sea-like and seem to be fun to draw, also~!

He also reminded me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull ahaha xD
I enjoyed the book because it made me think a lot when I was (even) younger; about having dreams, flight, and I imagined the seagulls flying gracefully high in the air, soaring over the ocean's surface. This rune reminds me so much of all about it; it is a pleasant memory, and imagining him soaring in my mind is an exhilarating activity that makes me feel somewhat very optimistic and delighted. I think he will be a great help when I feel depressed or 'heavy'; he seem to have the ability to light spirits and help imagination soar along with him *u*

And, also he is incredibly cute.
The last paragraph of his description...a happy little boy who is learning. The paragraph keeps coming to my mind and makes him the cutest thing imaginable, with his uncertain but promising flight and actions. It was impossible to resist his ultimate cutness ohoho. He struck me as the kind of character with the trait that some minor-major characters have (like Jamie in the Host. Don't ask why >> it's just...), like not totally standing out but very likable and intriguing. And a good friend to have.

I hope he somehow has much meaning to me that can't be put into words *u*
When I was developing his personality I found myself giving him qualities that reflected me. Not completely, but some details do. While doing it I felt somehow close, and thought of him as a real person(or dragon, of course!) That's also why I chose to make him a separate character rather than one of my many runes. Like a far, but close friend to Jay instead of a full-time companion. I'm not sure my intentions or thoughts are completely shown in this form, but still I hope you understand at least a bit~

Inside my mind, in my art when I find time, doodles on my notebook+textbook(sssh)~
And when the website is made he shall have a special place!
I don't know how the website will work exactly, but I'll do my best to take great care of him in there.
Also if there are roleplays, DEFINITELY OH YES.
He'll probably join semi-literate/ literate(if I can ;v;) roleplays instead of one-line, quick paced ones.
Also, I may also have fun with him in art trades or various events that seem to pop up all the time in th fanclub <3

Ek, if breeding happens to be possible, of course!
For a soulmate though ><

As mentioned in the personality section Neoul rarely has strong dislikes, but does have certain likes that he favors. Also, even though he 'rarely' hates anything there are some things that he can't stand, is afraid of, or conditions he doesn't want to be in. Usually he likes things of nature and good companionship, and dislikes himself in certain conditions or situations, or things harmful in general for runes.
Likes wrote:◆Companionship

◆Sea stacks or arches

◆Flying fish/Dolphins/Turtles

◆Gentle sounds

◆Other marine runes
(includes sea salts and deep seas)

◆Dawn or dusk

◆Sea foam

◆Coral reefs

◆Small jelly

◆Tunicates
(For beauty or food xD)

◆Stories or songs(happy endings preferred)

◆Seals or sea lions
(Though rivals, he finds them interesting)

◆Birth

Dislikes wrote:◆Dangerous jelly

◆Sudden whirlpools

◆Sickness

◆Barren ocean/dead reefs

◆Being a burden/feeling useless

◆Making mistakes

◆Getting lost

◆Death
(He grieves terribly when he loses anyone
or anything, especially old runes who die of age)

◆Separation

Any Quirks:
HAHAHA SO MANY
I will be mentioning trivia also :3

●He digs nature completely. As mentioned before, he loves the sky and the sea and everything in between.

●Neoul is much of a pacifist, though has logic and isn't ridiculously crazy about peace and love and stuff. Also, because of his instincts he doesn't really feel pity to the prey he hunts :'/

●Sometimes he daydreams when he has nothing to do, and can't hear anything. So he doesn't respond even if you scream in front of him. It takes quite an effort to take him out of this stupor.

●He is a great sleeper; he can fall asleep within minutes no matter the time or situation if he wants to. And he sleeps deep; it's hard to wake him up.

●He can get easily upset and feel guilty very much if somebody scolds or yells at him; he gets hurt quite easily. However he learns from mistakes and so rarely angers or annoys others.

●He is slightly small and agile-looking than even the others. (Sometimes he gets a bit frustrated of his size, but also likes it because it gives him some advantages in some occasions)

●Even after he meets Jay, instead of accompanying her all the time he's more of a free spirit who is just a close friend than a companion rune.

●He's good at singing, if you count chirps and whistles as a form of music too. He learned this or inherited this from his mother, who enjoyed singing and used to teach others songs related to the ocean. Neoul remembers most of these and often finds himself humming when he's alone.

●Neoul has friends no matter the gender, because he naturally didn't involve much in teasing the females and at the same time was a good friend to the males.

●His dad was mostly awkward in family life because he was a brusque hunter, not a father type, even though he did care for Neoul. His humorous and good natured mother made up for this. Unfortunately now they live in a different group with Neoul, which happened a long time ago when a large group split into two during hard times, and by accident they were separated.

●Neoul has a talent for navigation; he remembers shortcuts and roads easily, and has a knack for finding the right cardinal direction even if he gets lost. However he freezes up in new places until he gets used to the geographic features there for no logical reasons.

●Neoul gets delighted when he sees dolphins or sea turtles. He enjoys watching them- or even joining them.

●He doesn't fancy the idea of becoming an adult, but also secretly wants to be a father one day to have children whom he can care for and love completely.
WIP

Appearance/Details:
Just random details I felt like mentioning ^^;

Coloration; Grayish blue, similar to the sea on a foggy day. White mottles and splashes on not-so-random parts of his body such as his wingtips; bright, warm amber eyes. His father was a dark blue rune, while his mother was much lighter and more gray than white. He is a natural mix of both.

Size; Tall enough to come up to an average heighted woman's knee, has a long wingspan and a rather slim build. He's more on the skinny side than chubby, but not by much. Just from view one can tell he is swift and deft in his movements.

Birthday; November 29th, late autumn or early winter. This makes him a Sagittarius if he were human, which somewhat fits his adventurous and wisdom-seeking, and optimistic attitude.

Other:
PREPARE FOR SOME ART
AND MAYBE STORIES?

Splashing in the water~ took about an hour ;v;

Sloppy avatar :'/

Hahaha I used a mechanical pencil, black pen, watercolor, watercolor pencils, and copic markers for this.
Random mixed media B)

No idea why I keep doing these stuff OTL
Probably I'm scared of details ;v;

This piece of art goes with the story, 'The Meeting' ^^

Super awkward gif xDD
I had 3 more pictures- two sketches, and a full colored one in my friend's Galaxy but she never sent those to me so I guess this is the end of my art for now xDD

The First Hunt

When he opened his sleepy eyes, sunlight seamed through- it was dawn.
With a little squeak Neoul, the Gull Wing Rune, managed to get to his feet and looked around, still in a slight stupor; it had been a long- and good- sleep.

Beside him he saw his companions, some other runes. Most were larger then him, but were of the same age. They wouldn't be waking up until hours later. Most of the others were clustered together at the other end of the sea arch, and they, too, were sleeping soundly. Neoul didn't know why he had woken up, for he rarely woke up early. Sleep had gone away within moments, and he found it impossible to try and go back to it. So instead, he chose a small trip, nothing big, to perhaps the bottom of the arch where there were white waves crashing on the base, and sea stacks surrounding the arch.

After one last glance at his companions Neoul spread his gray blue wings and swooped down soundlessly. The waves still glittered white and gold, because the sun wasn't completely up yet and was inching above the horizon. It was a pretty sight; Neoul blinked several times as if photographing the image to his mind. At last, he dove into the water; smooth and flawless, a true Gull Wing Rune's dive. For he was reasonably near to the mainland the water wasn't too deep, only about five meters at most, which was no big deal at all. The bottom had a shining net of shimmering light, that moved endlessly. There were no signs of fish or any creatures, just an uninteresting flat land of white sand. Neoul soon rose to the surface, deciding to explore the other side of the arch. It was only yesterday that he and his family and friends had moved here from a far away shore. Here, there seemed to be no humans at all. Neoul wasn't very interested in them, but now he missed their busily moving forms and their waves from the shoreline, just a little bit. But the new place brought so much excitement to him that he actually felt itching to explore. Now was the chance.

He knew he couldn't go too far, as the others may look for him when they awoke. He hoped that nothing would go wrong with this slight expedition. Then he spotted movement on the sandy shore, quite a bit away from the arch, on the other side of the towering black shore cliffs with abandoned nests and moss clinging on them. He squinted his amber eyes, wondering what they were. His curiosity was soon resolved. Sea salt runes! He made a smile of delightment. They were small, cute, fun, and nice neighbors to have. He could see them licking the salt, or giggling in the waves, or pulling out seaweed randomly from the ocean. This time he heard another noise from behind, and automatically turned. With a slight disappointment, he saw the other Gull Wings awaking from their peaceful sleep. He hurriedly rushed back to his friends, and was greeted by several welcome chirps. His private tim was over, now was the time to move with his group.

The older adults told him and the other young ones about the hunt today with the Deep Sea runes the previous day. So far Neoul fed on small silver fish, even anchovies, that the adults had got or he had managed to snag. He had only learned how to fly about a week ago, even though now he was quite comfortable with it and enjoyed it. A big hunt- Neoul had shivered in anticipation, worry, and an odd embarassment. He felt as if he would only get in the way of the deft hunting of the other runes. He was just a small adolescent, with no experience at all. The adults told him everybody learned, and the first time was always nervous. Neoul had pondered about it, but came to the conclusion that he should just do his best. Worrying did no good, he thought.

So as the others took lift he followed them, up into the sky, following them towards the deep ocean- how far were they going? He wondered. Again, this was a new place and he hardly knew anything about the terrestrial and marine features around here. After some time he saw...something in the ocean's surface, and cocked his head to get a better view. White foam were forming, and he could see evident movement. Of what? It could have been dolphins or flying fish, but nothing flew out of the water so he dismissed the thought. Or maybe just a passing by school or random fish. He took a glance at the adults, and to his surprise them were heading down towards the surface. He must have been right, after all- the glittering groups revealed fish right below the surface. They seemed trapped, surprised, panicked. As he soared closer he felt a slight twinge of pity for the fish, who were already doomed but were struggling for survival. But his instincts won over the pity, as he was Gull Wing Rune who hunted to survive.

The ocean was a wide, wide place and even with the other Gull Wings in the sea, he had plenty of space to dive in. Below the water a waterproof layer slid over his eyes, enabling to see clearly without getting saltwater in. Below the fish, he saw the reason for their primary panic. Deep Sea Runes- it was just a small pod, made up of five runes; four adults, and one young one. Actually, the young rune was probably about his age if convered to a gull wing's age. He could easily contrast the movement of the Gull wings and the Deep seas. The Deep sea runes were comfortable in the water, gliding smoothly through the water with their giant but agile forms. The Gull Wings were quick and sudden. Both seemed efficient in hunting, and he suddenly felt fondness towards these Deep Seas, even though it was his first acquaintance with them.

Inside the water he saw the shoal of fish; glittering silver ones, as long as half his wingspan, flopping about in startlement. They were hard to grab, and he took a glance at the adults to see how they caught them. The Deep Seas surrounded them and didn't let them escape out of the small amount of space. The Gull Wings each eyed one, and dove down from above to grip them at once with their strong claws. It seemed impossible to imitate those deft movements at once, but he had to try.

He dove down from above just as he saw a silver sliver of something under the waves, his claws open wide. When he felt the grip on something solid, he tightened his claws. He had grabbed a fish! It didn't die immediatley or go limp, though; it struggled for survival. When it twisted and turned and thrashed, he let out a soft gasp and dropped it in surprise. He could only stare numbly when it quickly joined its group, free and alive. Neoul felt a tap on his shoulder and saw one of the adults motioning for him to go. He obediently followed him, burning with shame inside. Then he saw something from the corner of his eye; an overgrown fish, seemingly lost his way from the main school. It looked confused and clumsy.

This time Neoul didn't miss his chance; he swerved right inside the water, his wings searing through the flowing sea water. His claws accurately grasped the fish, and he broke its neck before it had the chance to thrash. It wouldn't have hurt for the fish. It was a painless, necessary death. He burst through the surface with pride, and his heart pounded in joy as he saw an approving look in the older rune's eyes. He silently thanked the Deep seas, the other Gull Wings, and the fish as well, and smiled.
------

The Meeting
It was yet another day for the young rune- several months had passed since he had first hunted. Though yet not as skilled as the adults, he was still a proficient hunter and managed to find enough for himself and for others at times, even. This day was a relaxed one; the members of the group(what do you call it? Flock?) had found a plentiful amount of fish the previous day, and they were free to roam wherever they wished for the day. Some stayed behind and slept, while the others went exploring into caves they had never entered before.

Neoul had followed the second group. It was cool and shady in the caves, with sunlight seaming in at random places. Some echoed with the soft sounds of the waves. However now, he and the others were out at the open sea, exploring the floor at relatively safe places. At first they have roamed the open, blue seas with barren sandy land beneath. Now, they had arrived somewhere much, much deeper- and had dove in almost to their limits.

They found nothing, at first. Just the open panorama of the sky blue water, as they could find anywhere else. Then Neoul spotted the floating vastness of tiny, interconnected creatures that bounced rhythmically, all together. He let out a quiet chirp for his companions to become aware. Jellies! They were small, even smaller than the dragons, and seemed virtually harmless. Even though they were well aware that they had poison, they didn’t worry too much about the tentacles. Their scaly yet smooth skin was poison proof from jellies. So jellies weren’t dangerous rivals, predators, and not even prey. That left the young dragons to do one thing- watch them. Neoul giggled when they floated past them, seemingly uncaring for the dragons. Were they able to think? He wondered. They didn’t seem to have much thoughts, only half-automated movements.

The dragons rose to the surface as they could no longer hold their breath. They floated, gasping, catching their breath on the waves. Some chattered about where to go next, as it was still early afternoon. Neoul turned his neck to see anything interesting, even though he already knew what lay in all directions. Then he saw silhouettes, tiny specks of…humans? Now, humans seemed to think much more than jellies. More like dragons than cnidarians, he thought. Though he had just thought of them as interesting, he had never took a chance to see them up close, or interact with them. When he asked what about going to the humans, the others didn’t seem enthusiastic. They told them about the violent ones, the ones who hunted fish way too much than their needs. However they also knew about the friendly bearers, so they were unsure. In the end only a few went to check out the specks, including Neoul.

The humans were standing on the headland, high above the sea level, up above a cliff. As they grew near Neoul felt a thrill, as he often did when exploring curious things. He realized that one was a fisherman- one of the locals he often saw- while the other was a new face, a young female human. She had brown hair that cam e slightly over her shoulders, and not very special features. But he could memorize her face immediately. Neoul perked his ears in flight when he saw some runes accompanying the girl. They spotted him and stared at him curiously, or waved in a friendly manner. Due to her runes’ behavior the girl turned as well, and saw Neoul. She smiled and waved at him, and Neoul was suddenly startled and didn’t know what to do. He quickly sped away from the place.

Even when he was back, he wanted to return back to the headland. He wondered why he hadn’t wandered there sooner. Humans were much more special than he had thought until now. He promised himself that the next time he had his chance, he would return.

I hope this was an enjoyable form! I know it's not as awesome as some others but still here's my try ^^;
Good luck everyone ^v^
Last edited by Ashenjay on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 31 times in total.

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guqqi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 am

Owner Name:
BlueAura.
Name:
Nami
Meaning and Reason for Choosing Name:
Nami comes from the japanese word, defining as a wave or a surf.
I did not choose this just because it did fit his type of rune category, but it still sounded calm and kind.The way I see him, from the description and by the soft colors overall, they are simply amazing!

Personality:
Shy
Nami is shy overall, he's not good at meeting new people and usually escapes to the ocean when in an awkward or intimidating moment.It is very hard for Nami to make friends due to the fact that he feels too connected with the ocean, especially through the night where the moon rises and controls the waves. Ever since he was born he almost never left the comfort of the water, the one time he left was due to the waves pushing him off. This was a terrifying experience, never knowing that there was a world beyond the ocean's currents.He never interacts with other runes, due to the fact that he fears getting on land very much and will only go on it during important events or a friend is in need, which from the point of view in the ocean his help would not do much from far away in the rough waters.
Kind
Even though he seems antisocial from being in the ocean 24/7, Nami tries to help as many as he possibly can, without leaving the security of the water.When runes come to visit (usually young hatchlings),which is a rare occurrence, he is grateful for someone actually having the time to travel all the way to the coast just to chat or ask for help/guidance.He cherishes every moment with the visitor, but is usually very awkward and shy when saying goodbye. He loves learning about stories from the land dwellers and sharing his own stories from experiences and adventures he himself has had in the ocean depths.He is never rude though he does stay silent near those he doesn't seem to get along with.
Mature
Cheerful
Playful

As the fact that my username shows my love for the color blue, i just adore soft unnatural colors in general, and the way that he looks so fragile adds to his way of being adorable! I just love the way he's designed, from the actual features to the calm and simple design!
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
Other:
WIP
Last edited by guqqi on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka BlueAuraz/Baloo.

she/her | wife | ICU nurse
deviantArtToyhouse
"Art Status"
Commissions:

CLOSED

guqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

Owner Name:
dragoncool97
Name:
Aphrodite
Personality:
Aphrodite is rather shy but very lovable. She loves to play with and cheer up my other Rune Dragon Charon because he often seems sad with his task of leading the way to the after life for spirits. When she first meets people she tends to hide (mainly in the bathtub because the water calms her but often gives guest a good fright). However, when she does warm up to people she is very friendly and playful mainly due to her young age.
Well my other rune Charon seems to be very lonely and needs a friend. Also since I hurt my leg and cant swim for a while she just reminds me of what awaits when I get better.
I will do several art pieces of her and my other dragon characters and do I kind of collab of them and put them in my siggy.
Yes
Any Quirks:
She likes to play anywhere she can find water. The sink, bathtub and even the toilet. She is a BIG mess maker!
Other:

Cottage Surprise!

"Come on Charon its just water!" I said to the lantern rune who was clinging to my shoulder for dear life. It was his first time at out beach side cottage and I was introducing him to the shallow sound water at the back of our lot. He was rather frightened which made sense because well he's a nervous little dragon and is scared of almost everything but me and the moon. Finally, I got him off my shoulder and set him on the sand at the waters edge. He took a few steps in holding his precious lantern high above the surface with his tail. As he went a little deeper a sudden splash appeared soaking him. He screeched and flew up onto my shoulder.

"Hey! You're fine!" I told him when I heard laughter that sounded like a dolphins squeak. I knew it couldn't be dolphins because the sound was fresh water and they couldn't swim this far in land. I soon spotted a sea blue creature floating on its back in the water. It was another rune and she was laughing hysterically at Charon. Charon whimpered not liking being splashed. The light blue rune swam toward us and climbed onto land and shook herself off. She looked up at me with a sort of smile. "Well aren't you troublesome." I said and she just puffed out her chest proudly. She flew off and sniffed at Charon who flew away a little shy. She followed him and they started to play a little.

"How about that. You two are like two peas in a pod," I said and they both looked at me then each other and finally took off and landed on my shoulders. I laughed at the little rune who had found us. She seemed like a good companion for Charon seeing how lonely he got when I was away and because I couldn't go far without using crutches because of my injured leg. "You just appeared out of the sea foam." I told her and eventually called her Aphrodite, after the Greek goddess who was born from sea foam. The little Gull Wing Rune, as I soon found out what she was, followed us around the rest of the day and eventually stayed with us, keeping Charon company and entertained while I got too rest my leg. Aphrodite was making a wonderful addition to our family and Im sure Charon thinks so too.

The Gull Wing

The sea was calm and clear,
And from the foam did you appear.
You fly in the trees,
but also the blue seas.
Your beauty is not matched,
Except by your eye which we catched.
Like Aphrodite you came from the sea,
And on land you found a Family.
With us do you now reside.
Beloved Gull Wing of the sea side.

Portal to the Sea!

What is this big white hole?
Look! There's a tunnel!
Slip right in
And start to swim!
Its a portal to the sea I bet!
Oh no. Its just a Toilet.

ART:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1828990
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1829047
Last edited by dragoncool97 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:33 am

reserve with the name Zorba

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Any Quirks:
Other:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:53 am

Big WIP!
General Information
Owner Name:
Azure23
Why do you wish to have him:
I was so excited to see the that new runes were going to be up for adoption for the anniversary. When I saw the Gull Wing Rune I about died. It's positively amazing! I just love the colors and that adorable little expression. However, before I started working on a form I wanted to see both of the runes but in the end, this little guy just held on to my attention.

This runes story was what really called to me. I felt bad for the little guy, being all shy and scared of the ocean. The ocean is a scary big thing and I immediately started thinking of stories and pictures for this rune.

I would love to call this rune my own because he is completely and utterly adorable. I love the idea of his story and his species. His design is just spectacular. I love the little fluff on his chest and the tails, and I just love how the gold just pops on his duller colors.

Yes? However since the Runes are ending I doubt I will be able to breed him. ^^; However, if he is able to breed on the new site, then yes. ^^
He will be a wonderful addition to my other runes and I would love to show him off in my signature. Maybe on the new site I will make a character thread for all of my runes and elkrin so this little guy will be apart of that.

All About Arrow
Name:
BlueArrow; or just Arrow for short
Personality:
WIP

Rune Bearer Information
Name:
Ice
Other Runes
Andromeda the Black Fire Gryphon Rune
Personality:
WIP

Art and Stories
Other:
WIP
Last edited by Azure23 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ADVENDIR » » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Nice design.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

im the sugar queen, sweetie

name; barista gender; female
sexuality; pansexual
comms; open status; depressed
roleplays; none

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
the art to the left was made by horrorprince

Having just signed up for higher classes, I won't be on here as much due to
homework. If you want to contact me though, you can send a message and
I should reply relatively soon.
ADVENDIR »

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tern <33

Postby Rekhyt » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:11 am

Owner Name wrote:The Amethyst Pirate.
I have won one rune, the Nightingale Rune, under the username 'Lord the Horse.'
Well, that was like six months ago and you wouldn't believe how many times my
username has changed since then. But here I am again- as Amethyst.
The rune bearer that is me is Kestrel- she is a sort of shape shifter and can
change into a -you guessed it!- kestrel.

Name wrote:Tern.
When I first say this boy, I thought, Oh! He looks like a spark to
me.
However, after reading about him, and his species, I though
he was more like a pelican, or a cormorant. But quite honesty I
don't like long names unless they have a convenient nickname, and
pelican didn't suit him. So from this came Tern. It's simple, easy to
say, and a seafaring bird that also travels long distances. So, Tern
fits him, perfectly.
Tern actually doesn't have any nicknames, considering how short
and sweet his real name is.

Gender wrote:Male.
Like said before, there is something indefinably masculine about Tern, so male he will be.

Personality wrote:Kind/Cheery
First off, Tern is always kind. He's the little one who will give you just what you need when you need it- a shy smile, and happy little gift, even a song. He is very optimistic, helping you with everything. His rune bearer especially- Kestrel is always surprised at his kind, easygoing nature so different then Tane the Nightingale rune's own. If you ever need a helping hand, if you're sad or depressed? sometimes Tern doesn't even understand the situation, but he'll some over to comfort you anyway. He is the side that you can lean on and Tern will put up with just about anything if only it helps you feel better. He's always happy himself, as well. Nothing much seems to make him very sad- his ability to always be really happy is envied by many.

Shy/Soft-Spoken
Around people he doesn't know, Tern is always hidden somewhere. Perhaps it's because he is meant to be on the open sea, nobody knows, but being in any sort of crowded place makes him very nervous and you'd be more likely to find him curled up underneath something then with everybody else. It's not the number of people that gets him nervous- he's meant to live in a large group of runes, and can sometimes be social. However, he is a bit claustrophobic and doesn't like being surrounded or in a small place. He doesn't talk much, saving his voice for people who will listen. Tern can seem a bit unsure, of himself and others alike. He will be few of words and be more of the listening type.

Brave/Defensive
Tern is brave and little tiny bit reckless but not to the point that it's stupid. He wouldn't throw himself into a random crater, but he has a sort of braveness around him. He would fight someone bigger than he is- but to an extent. He'll stand up for you even if you won't stand up for yourself. However Tern possesses a different kind of bravery then you'd expect. Some things, like going up against a bully, things like that, he would do gladly. But he can't muster up enough courage to go out onto the sea. However, he is very defensive of things that he considers his. His seagull, Icarus? He loves the seagull, and would do just about anything to protect it.

Sweet

When I read the second paragraph, I immediately knew how Tern should be. And sweet was one of those factors. He's a little cutie that would do just about anything to cheer you up. He's not very mischievous, just kind and polite, like stated above. But one thing you'll find about him is how nice he is. Tern will always be there for you, a kind little face to help you when you're sad or scared. He might wipe away your tears as best he could with his little tail, or just give you a sweet little smile that makes you feel all warm and cuddly inside.

Companionable
Another things about him is that he's a great Rune to have with you for the long term. He usually doesn't whine or complain and since Gull Wings live in groups, usually is okay, loves even, being around you or many other people. Interacting with others is something that e likes doing- especially if he can help them or do something good for them. However, he still hates being around a large group. But Tern will listen to you and put up with even the grumpiest people if he has to be with them for a long time. He's perfectly behaved most of the time and you will be happy you took him with you.

Unsure/Thoughtful
One of his not so nice traits, Tern can be very unsure about himself and what he's doing. He always has a lot of questions about everything, and if they aren't answered he might feel off balanced about doing whatever it is. He likes to know all the facts, otherwise Tern just doesn't feel comfortable. This is the main reason he doesn't like the sea, because there is so much that people and Runes just don't know about it. He isn't very reckless, either. He likes to think his decisions through carefully, and then make a well structured decision. This isn't always a good thing, though. Sometimes, reckless decisions need to be made, while Tern still stands figuring it out.

Physical wrote:Size:
Tern is about the size of a small bird, like a robin.
He is a bit small for a rune, for some reason.

Weight:
Tern actually weighs more then you'd think he
would. Like about the weight of a large robin.

Shape:
He has a very speedy little shape, like a rocket
almost. It's perfect for catching fish over the ocean.

Features:
Tern has bright little eyes and his features could be
described as rounded. He isn't very pointy.

Other:
His forked tail seems to have a life of it's own
sometimes when Tern is most mischievous.
Quirks wrote:Whistle:
Tern loves to whistle any tune he can think of. He's partial
to sea shanties and Kestrel and him have made up a little
communication system of whistles.

Stone-Sucking:
You know how rocks get worn down on the seabed and then
wash up on shore? Well, Tern sucks on small stones he finds
sometimes and eventually they become clean and shiny like
they do in the ocean.

Open Spaces:
Tern absolutely adores open spaces. He doesn't like it when
he has to be cramped into a small space, and likes being in
the air with nothing around him. Like the beach, it's perfect.

Listening to Shells:
If you know how people say that shells sound like the ocean?
Tern has always believed this and likes to listen to them.

Why do you want him wrote:It's been quite a while since I last tried for a rune. It was the candlewax rune, I believe. But after loosing the candlewax, I was heartbroken. I had put my all into him and then lost- it made me feel really sad inside. So I grew distant from the rune community.
I have been keeping up with the news a bit, you know, I knew there was good to be a site. But I wasn't very involved, and although I still loved Tane, he and myself got a bit separated.
And so yesterday I came back, just looking and seeing what I could find and maybe even a new rune. And then I saw this little guy. He tore my heart out. Tern is perfect in every way.
I quite love the sea- my username has to do a bit with the sea. The sea had always intrigued me, with it's depth and beauty. I want to become a marine biologist when I grow up; I have since second grade. And even more, I didn't just love the sea. I loved what was in the sea.
And he's beautiful. I've always loved the color combination of gold and blue, and he displays it perfectly. His wings are just gorgeous- even though some sketches I've done don't have colors, the markings are so well balanced and just beautiful.
My favorite kinds of birds are sea birds. Especially terns- I've learned all about them in random little searches. Cormorant, albatross pelican puffin, you name it, I love it. Puffins especially have stood out to me with their cute little beaks, but terns have always stolen the prize. My Daemon, if you've ever heard of that, is a tern. And I want a way to keep that- not just the part of the Daemon, but everything- on this website.
I have memories about the sea. My family goes down to a beach every year. I have just about a million sea shells, and once I even found a sand dollor! Plus, swimming in the ocean has always been my favorite way to swim, more so then a pool or lake.
And finally, the last party about him just made me love him so much more. He's one of the few characters who I can picture perfectly in my head. Everything that I've written so far has flown easily from my fingers as I'm typing. Even now I come up with new ideas for stories and for him.
I love Tern so much, and it's me that's writing this, the person behind the keyboard, not the person of this website. I would be truly honored to be able to own another rune, and believe me, I'll love it forever. Especially Tern ♥♥

Tern's Favorite Song wrote:When cold winds are calling,
And the sky is clear and bright,
Misty mountains sing and beckon,
Lead me out into the light.

I will ride, I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky,
I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky.

Where dark woods hide secrets,
And mountains are fierce and bold,
Deep waters hold reflections,
Of times lost long ago.

I will hear their every story,
Take hold of my own dream,
Be as strong as the seas are stormy,
And proud as an eagle's scream.

I will ride, I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky,
I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky.

And touch the sky.

Chase the wind, chase the wind.

Touch the sky.

Where will you keep him wrote:This is a terrible response just because I haven't finished a thread on CS where I'll keep all my beloved Runies. I am starting on one right now- Tane is going to get his own thread! And, if I am fortunate enough to win Tern, then he'll also be on there, him and all his information and art. I'll also keep him in my signature- where Tane is now I'm going to change that to Tern. That way everyone can see him! I'll also keep him on the website once it is made, of course. I'm not sure how that will work but I'll be sure to show him off in some way then. I'm also going to be more active with the fanclub and everything, so he'll be seen there. And of course I'll order lots of art for him! I might even be able to get into a roleplay, which I believe Tern and me would enjoy doing together.
And of course, he'll go everywhere with Kestrel, probably on her shoulder comforting her ♥

Would you like to breed him/her in the future wrote:I'm going to leave that up to Tern. If he would like to, and finds a soul mate, then I'm not against it.

Other wrote:......

Art wrote:Now I'm not the best artist, but I am going to be scanning a few traditional pictures in. I'm not a very good digital artist, I'm sorry <33 All the pieces are done by others.
By Eightnotes
By Charchar2
By Elorwin
By Me
By Me
By Me
By Me

Story: The Day We Met wrote:Kestrel was not having a good day.
It had started out simply enough. She had her shirt on inside out, Tane broke a coffee mug, things that were at least semi-normal. But then when she spilled her third cup of coffee all over her new and not inside out shirt, she knew it was going to be a bad day.
She couldn't resist an unlike her slamming of the door as loud as she could. In a flutter of feathers Tane flew off- he at least could sense her bad mood and didn't want to be near her.
Passing by her closest neighbor, an elderly man who was hard of hearing, she took a deep breath and felt just a little better. The door slam had probably woken half the forest up- she wasn't going to do that again. Kestrel had to keep calm. "Hello, Mr. Jackson." She said, her dignity returning. Hopefully nobody had heard that slam.
Happier now, she pushed hard on the always jammed door of the bookshop where she worked. A tingling noise of the small bell attached to the door announced her arrival. "Hey, Lizzie." She greeted her friend. Lizzie looked up from where she was sorting books that had just come in. "Oh, hey Kestrel!" She replied, a smile lighting up her face. "Do you want to help me sort these books?"
Tane flew out from Kestrel's shoulder and landed in his usual spot, right above the cashier on a small little wooden bean that stuck out from the wall. "Sure," She said, kneeling down to help. It was one of those tasks that was just never ending, but you actually enjoyed it in a tedious sort of way. It had been three hours since they started before Kestrel started to get hungry. She hadn't even noticed that any time had passed until her stomach started rumbling.
"I think I'm going to stop and get a bite to eat," She told Lizzie, who also had become quite absorbed in her work. "I'm just going to eat here, I don't feel like going to the Hungry Dragon." The Hungry Dragon was just about the only sandwich shop in Kestrel's town of northern Eldamore.
Kestrel strode back to the little room in the corner of the shop. there was a cooler there, filled to the brim with all sorts of meats and vegetables. Kestrel made herself a simple sandwich and sat down on a tall stack of books. She wasn't expecting for anyone to come in and see her sitting on the books; the shop was really only ever used by the children to the people her age of their town and they were all at work or in school. Plus, the bell would ring if anyone came in.
Tane, spying food, glided over and started pecking on her sandwich. She rolled her eyes and tossed a piece of meat over the stack of books in front of her or him to retrieve. He eagerly flapped over, flying so close to her she could feel his wings beating. "Watch out, Tane. One day you'll-"
Her words died off as she heard a crackling noise coming from behind the bookshelf where she'd thrown the treat. It sounded like- fire? Kestrel coked her head to hear better. At this angle, it definitely sounded like fire. She jumped up. The books were so old and dry that they'd all catch so quickly she'd never have time to save any before the whole place was an inferno.
Making a sort of spinning stop, Kestrel stared aghast at the flames in front of her. Tane was in the middle near and oven, surrounded by flames closing in. "Fire-" She whispered, amazed. "F-fire!" Lizzie heard her and clambered over to investigate. "What?"
She screamed. "Get out of here, Kestrel!" In the short seconds she had been staring at it, the fire had grown into a raging storm. "Tane! Kestrel called. Her companion flew desperately through a gap, his wings catching the tips of the flames. With a cry, he was over and into her arms, and she was crying now, tears of happiness.
With the most agility she'd ever used, Kestrel jumped over a pile of books and raced for the door, trying to get out before the out-of-control fire began to spread. And when she skidded outside and saw the bookshop, she could feel her mouth drop open.
What only a minute ago had been a little problem had turned into a ranging inferno. She could feel the heat of the fire on her clothes and skin. The bookshop was enveloped in a mass of raging flames. As she watched, the roof collapsed.
"How did this happen?" She was amazed, ashamed at herself. How could she have let something like this happen? "Tane, did you see anything?"
Her beloved Rune was hiding in a corner, as far away as possible from Kestrel who had been ushered into the shop across the street- the Hungry Dragon. The irony was sickening.
"Tane, what is it?"
He shook his head. When she stood up and went to go and comfort him, she noticed that large tears were leaking out of his closed eyelids. "Tane, why are you crying, it's all right now! We all got out safely!"
Again he shook his head. She cocked her head. "How were you so close to the fire anyway?" She questioned, noticing burn marks on Tane's wing.
And then the scene came to her again- Tane near the oven, surrounded in flames. "You did this, didn't you?" She asked, now understanding her friends' downcast glances.
Tane regretfully nodded. "But- why?" Kestrel could feel her tears coming back. She was confused, upset, and angry, now. "Tane-" She was speechless. "Even if it was an accident, which I'm sure it was, you could have told me! You could have stopped it- Tane, do you know how dangerous that was?" Kestrel was yelling now. Tane looked scared, alarmed. He took a few steps backwards, and Kestrel took a few forwards. "I need to be alone, okay? Please."
Tane flew out the window.
Kestrel walked, a bit unsteadily, towards the door. A few people glanced at her tear streaked face, but none stopped her. So she went to her favorite place to think. The beach.
The dunes were a bit higher then the sand, and there was less people there. By this time, it was just about noon and Kestrel was getting a bit hot under the sun. It scorched her arms, reminding her of the fire. She sat, clutching her knees in her arms.
Silently she sat, wanting someone to tell about what happened. There wasn't anyone, how could there be? It was a large flat area, the beach, and she'd be able to see anyone from a mile away.
So she talked to nobody.
She was whispering at some points, and just yelling at some. She told the wispy sand about everything. It was a good listener. The waves interrupted sometimes, but they were very good at hearing her.
She finished, finally, and did feel just a bit better. Kestrel was the kind of person that needed to rant sometimes. She relaxed, sat cross-legged on the sand. Sitting in silence wasn't bad once in a while. Putting one hand behind her, she looked underneath the waves for the bulky shapes of the deep-sea runes. Where was Tane, now? She felt a bit better. Maybe they could go get ice cream and forget the whole thing ever happened.
Something big crawled onto her hand. She couldn't see it, as it was behind her, but from the weight and feel she could tell it was her own rune, here to beg for forgiveness. He was already forgiven.
"Tane, I'm sorry-" She stopped as she saw what was there. It wasn't Tane, though it appeared to be some sort of rune. When the creature saw that Kestrel had seen it, it froze and looked at her with big yellow eyes.
"Hi there- I guess you're not Tane after all." The little Rune Dragon nuzzled her hand and looked at her with sympathetic eyes, seemingly unconcerned after she had first spotted it. "Were you listening to me? I'm sorry." Kestrel apologized. "I just needed to get that out." She was warming up to this little fellow. He was quite sweet.
The rune flew up unsteadily onto her shoulders. "Why don't you go back to the sea?" Kestrel asked. She still wasn't sure what kind of rune it was, but it did seem to be of the sea for sure. It had aerodynamic wings and smooth angles that looked perfectly suited to ocean life. She stood up and took a few steps closer to the advancement of blue. The rune shook and stretched as far back as possible as to stay away from the little droplets of salt water.
"Hello, you're afraid of the sea?" She knew the signs of what runes were afraid of from Tane. The dragon nodded, looking a bit defensive.
"Why don't you stay here a while, and I'll come back to teach you how to swim?" The little rune rolled his eyes, and pressed closer against the side of Kestrel's head.
"Oh, I see. You want to stay with me, don't you?" He nodded. Kestrel wasn't sure whether it was a boy or girl, but it seemed more masculine. "So you'll need a male name then- and one suited for the sea, too." She muttered to herself.
The rune suddenly squeaked and whistled, not unlike dolphins. His tail, which seemed to be a bit prehensile, pointed towards the sky. Kestrel glanced up as a big, black and white sea bird with a bright orange beak flew over. "Oh, a seagull. Do you want to be named Gull?" The rune smiled sweetly but shook his head.
Kestrel took a closer look at the bird. "Oh, I know now. It's a tern. Right? Tern's your name." The little rune nodded.
"We should probably head home now, I guess, if you want to stay with me." Kestrel said. It had been almost an hour. The comfortable weight of the rune was against her and she felt a lot better. "Come on, Tern. Let's go home."

Poem: Confidence wrote:This poem is through the eyes of Tern. Hopefully, it'll tell the story of how he overcame his fear of the sea, but also give you a bit of insight on his thoughts. It's a poem that tells a story. It doesn't rhyme, completely freestyle, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. At the bottom I'll tell the story in words, just in case the poem wasn't clear enough.

A sly breeze
worms its was around my tail
which lifts in response.
The wind calls
I leap and take off
wings outstretched
the breeze carrying me higher
until I can't see my bearer

the ocean sings
the siren song
my heart want to ride
fly with my kin
glide so close to the surface
ocean spray touches me

loud noises around me
a flock of feathers
seagulls rejoicing with the freedom
of being free
so simple a thing,
something I can't do
why must I fear the sea?

because it's unknown-
the murky bottoms
ship's masts break the surface
grisly spires of death
but why?
that's the question, really
once every inch of the ocean is scoured
only then can I too, be free
like the birds around me

a feather is sucked in my nose
it clings to my face and I shake,
it flutters off, consumed by the surf.
but where has it come from?
one gull, in the flock before me,
is loosing feathers rapidly
spiraling down, farther away from the coast
where I stay, safe when there is land

he doesn't pull up-
why not? he can't.
his wings almost bare,
lacking the flight feathers. I want to go after-
but I can't, and I am torn from safety and compassion.
compassion always wins,
I can't stand for others to be hurt.

today is no different.
though shakily I hover,
not sure whether to stay or go,
the decision is already made.
I dive after the gull.
for a moment nothing changes,
a simple second everything is the same.
but then when I turn back,
there is no sand.
there is only water.

so I concentrate,
watch the birds skim the waves,
like nothing has happened.

the gull is in the water now,
shivering violently.
I can see it from here,
where puffy clouds obscure my vision.
the white and black wings are all I see now,
the only ones in my world.

and I dive.

slowly, gathering more speed,
gravity dragging me back,
sleek wings tucked in,
and I feel right.
this is what I should be doing,
catching glittery fish,
silver shoals visible above and underneath,
Deep Sea runes helping me and my flock survive-
mutual dependence.

I crash into the waves,
my surprising speed dragging me ten, twenty, thirty feet down.
with webbed toes and wings I push up to the surface,
letting my breath go away
in little bubbles that are illumined by the sun
just a few second each
beautiful.

the gull in front of me is splashing underwater-
it's as far deep as I am,
now only five feet,
still too deep for a creature of air.
I grab him with a gentle mouth-
he flutters feebly but doesn't resist.
once again I feel belonged,
this is where I should be.

Once again flying,
more wind the higher we soar
and now I have the feeling,
the one I envied when I started,
the feeling of freedom
because you're free.
I drink in the air,
everything is quiet and solemn at this altitude.
once again,
nothing but me in my world.

I spy land again,
and I should feel happy.
wasn't the sea a place to fear?
A place to be scared of?
But no-
I am strangely reluctant
I feel happy in the sea-
land seems like a burden.
how did I survive before?

I can see my bearer now-
I spit my passenger out,
the sun warming his almost naked wings
revealing peck marks.
it wasn't him, really,
it was the others,
and I want nothing more then to comfort him.

my bearer smiles-
she lifts the injured gull from the sand.
he pecks at her,
and she drops him, startled.
I am protective of this little creature-
I rescued him,
so I lift him back up.

the gull doesn't resist,
and happily stands on my head.
his legs aren't broken, it seems,
and neither is his beak I realize,
as he pecks me, just hard enough to hurt a little.
but it's a happy peck.

the gull can't fly,
so it comes home with us.
the other rune of the family makes fun of it,
a nice teasing.
I don't like it, though.
The gull moves closer under my wing.

I've found a friend,
a friend that is free.
a friend that can soar with me,
over the open ocean.
with no land in sight.
free.

like me.

--
Here's pretty much the story- in case you didn't gather it.
Kestrel and Tern are at the beach. The breeze invites Tern to go flying, and he does, but stays close to the land. He doesn't like being over the open ocean. He sees some seagulls, and laments on the fact that the aren't afraid, and they are 'free' in his opinion. They can do whatever they want whenever they want. He thinks about why he doesn't like the sea- because it's just too unknown. However, he does say that when he knows everything about the sea, he won't be afraid of it.
Then a feather blows in he face, and he notices one of the gulls falling toward the sea. It is falling slowly, though, and is going very far out, while dropping. He sees that it's lost all of it's flight feathers, and can't fly. He's torn between saving it or staying safe, close to land. In the end, he decides to go after it.
He goes really high and can only see the gull because of it's black and white wings. And he dives- he doesn't really mean to, it just comes naturally. And then he realizes that this feels right, that he is meant to be around the sea. He goes underwater, and sees the gull and grabs it with his mouth, gently of course.
He takes to the air, and once again feels right. He also feels that feeling of freedom that he envied the gulls for at the beginning. Then, still carrying the bird, he gets close enough to shore so that he can see land. And inside, he feels that he should be happy, but strangely, he's not. I just the short time he's been away from land, he feels that it really is where he belongs.
Once on the sand, he lets go of the bird and Kestrel goes to help it, but it pecks her. Tern likes this bird- after all, he saved it- and it doesn't like Kestrel, so he takes it again. It seems to like him and stands on his head, giving him a friendly peck.
That night they take the bird home, so it can grow in it's flight feathers and they'll let it go. It likes Tern quite a bit and stays close to him, under his wings. And Tern knows that he's made a friend that has the quality he's envied for all this time, the freedom.
And then, finally, the last line, he has that freedom too, and now he can too soar over the waves with no land in sight, all alone!

Extra 1 wrote:_________________________________________________
Okay, so, since I finished my form and stories, every day until judging I'm going to do some sort of 'extra' things.
Today's extra: Fun Facts!
1. Tern LOVES the smell and taste of salt.
2. He is trying to teach himself the language of the birds.
3. Tern has a pet, more of a companion that comes and goes as he likes. It's a seagull (as told in the above poem) named Icarus.
4. Tern likes learning about myths and lore of the sea. His favorite has to be the myth about Atlantis, he almost half believes it.
5. He loves to eat things that are silver. It's funny, maybe they remind him of fish. It doesn't have to be silver food, either. Even a silver dress he might try and nibble.
6. Tern likes to fly out on an open ocean sometimes, and just stargaze. It's really clear over the ocean, usually, so it's easier to find different star formations.

Extra 2 wrote:_________________________________________________
The extra today is going to be more about Tern's little pet/companion, Icarus.
That is just about what Icarus looks like. He was found by Tern in the above poem.
He's named Icarus after the Greek myth about Icarus and Daedalus. Icarus flew to close to the sun, and the wax on his artificial wings melted, leaving him to plummet, and supposedly drown, in the water. This Icarus's story was a bit happier, since he did loose his feathers and fall into the sea, but he was rescued by Tern. Just like the child in the story, Icarus is a young seagull and bonded with Tern, so Tern just had to give him a name. You know how much Tern likes myths, and this was the name he picked out.
Icarus is more of a companion, then a pet. He goes when he wants to, isn't always at Tern's side. However, Tern knows that he'll always come back, even if just for a quick visit. It's one of Tern's favorite things to do to fly with Icarus far out into the open sea.

Extra 3 wrote:_________________________________________________
The last extra (I think) is going to be favorites and least favorites!
Favorite
Treat? - Like a parrot, Tern likes chewing on cuttlefish bones. He also likes anything REALLY salty- sometimes he'll just get some of the rock salt and start eating that.
Season? - Summer is his favorite, it's perfect for going to the beach.
Time of day? - Sunrise- it's so pretty to watch, and the sea life is most active then.
Animal? - Seagulls, Icarus might have influenced that one a bit.
Way to Communicate? - Through the whistle communication he and Kestrel made up.
Place to Sleep? - He likes sleeping on Kestrel's head. It's a good thing in the winter, since they can be warm, but in the summer? Much too hot.

Least Favorite
Treat? - Potato chips, because as much as Tern loves salt, the potatoes don't agree with him. Too earthy, I guess.
Season? - Winter, because all the water is frozen over and he can't go swimming as easily in the pond in Kestrel's backyard.
Time of day? - Noon. It's just too hot and Tern is the most sleepy around noon.
Animal? - Mole. They just dig through the dirt- it creeps him out. Plus they're blind.
Way to Communicate? - Writing. According to Tern, as patient as he is, he still thinks it takes too much time.
Place to Sleep? - On the floor- to cold and hard, apparently.

End Note wrote:I hope my form has been fun to read, and thank you for the chance to try out for Tern <33
I just sort of realized that even if I don't win Tern, I'll still be quite proud of myself. The art I did was definitely a challenge, I've never drawn a rune before. I'm really happy with the way my poem turned out; I'm not a big poetry person but I think this one actually worked. Anyway I'm happy with my form, and good luck to everyone else who's entered!
Last edited by Rekhyt on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

shadey tumblr

Call me Amethyst or Ame
I'm a short teen girl with quite a few interests and likes!

writing animals bees movies sherlock
lotr kili drawing reading bartimaeus
shadey science animation rats ships
artemis fowl happy endings pirates

....."You give up a few things, chasing a dream."
Rekhyt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups