Kalon #385 -- Hydrangea Ghost by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by kortico

Kalon #385 -- Hydrangea Ghost

Postby ✧ airplane. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Inspired by hydrangea flowers and ghost stories.
This took longer than it says because my internet refreshed and I lost the first draft. //weeps

---

Standard: custom tail shine, hair edits // Common: longer ruff fur, sclera color

---

To win this kalon, fill out the form, and tell me a ghost story.
It can be something you make up, or inspired by something you've heard before, as long as it's retold in your own words. It doesn't have to relate to the kalon. And remember to keep it CS appropriate!
No word limit!

Code: Select all
[b]username;;[/b]
[b]kalon name;;[/b]
[b]kalon gender;;[/b]
[b]ghost story;;[/b]

You can pretty up your form however you'd like, but no extras!

Ends July 24th, @ 11:59 PM, EST.

Note, this Kalon doesn't glow, and it's not an actual ghost!
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #185 -- Hydrangea Ghost

Postby madness, » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 pm

mark!!
madness,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZC. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:50 pm

username;;
scrungus

kalon name;;
Leliana

kalon gender;;
Female

ghost story;;
Footsteps leading to and coming from places unknown. Hands that seem human, but not quite. Movement that seems slightly unnatural, almost mechanical. Eyes that watch from everywhere you don't expect. This is the tale of the Imago.

I was walking through the sparse woods, almost approaching home. At least, I thought I was. It was a while before I realized, "It shouldn't take this long to get home." I assumed that I took a wrong turn somewhere. I did know these woods well - I walked through them almost every day - but I was, apparently, not immune to getting lost. I glanced up to check the position of the sun, only to realize it was almost dusk. I did know the story of the Imago - the winged, insect-like beast that haunts those who are alone in the woods at night - though I dismissed it as pure superstition of the locals, most likely started as a story to stop children from playing in the woods at night.

I heard a slight gust behind me. Probably the wind, or a bird taking off, or something. Right? I glanced around slightly, just to make sure nothing would attack me. I continued walking, perhaps somewhat quicker, until i stepped on something hard and unpleasant to stand on. I looked down at it, and saw it was just a rock. I picked it up, because it looked cool - some sort of red granite, I guess - and continued on my way. A few mosquitoes hovered around me, before being swatted away as I walked.

A while later, after walking along for a bit and humming the song that was stuck in my head, I stopped and noticed something. When I looked around, my surroundings were more that of a swamp than a sparse forest - and my humming seemed to be echoing more than it should, or rather something seemed to be echoing it back. But that couldn't be it, right? there were no songbirds in this area... Or at least, the area I should have been in. All I could do was scoff at how slightly off-key it was - although, that could be due to the frankly odd shape of the trees. I looked around again - this area wasn't familiar at all - in fact, there wasn't even a swamp anywhere near my house! I began to wonder how I didn't question any of this earlier.

My mind unhelpfully brought up the subject of the Imago again, and how it lured its prey into a strange, unsettling area, that you could only enter if it invited you in. "Great," I thought, "Now I'm going to start getting paranoid." Still, though... It all added up... But it was just myth, wasn't it?

[music.]

That's what I thought until I heard someone whisper, just barely audibly, "Give it back." I dismissed it as my imagination - just confusion and paranoia caused by being lost in a strange area. I heard it again, a little clearer this time. "Give it back." I was either insane, or I was really caught by the Imago. I decided for the time being, perhaps because I was not in the best state of mind at the moment, to go with the latter.

"Wh-who are you? What do you want back?" I called out.

"Give it back."

"Give what back?"

"G͏͔̼̘̙͎̜̲͚̳͉̙͙̩̹̣̬͟I̢͢͏̳͖̭͚̫͇͇̜̤̖̤͉̞̹̩͕̞͢V̶̶̛̺͍̖̻̦͓̰̟͘E҉́҉̪̻͎̻̪͔̕ ̡̲̦͙̗̰̠̹̠̬̗̘̘͙̀͘B̧̢̮̫̳̣̤̺̤͚͈̱̦̜͢A̷͢͏͙͍̞̖̱C̨̢̛̛̯͓̰̪̭̜̯̱̼͔̬̣̠̻͎͕̲̱͝K̛̮̯͎̯̫̫͈̺̫̤͕̟͙̯̙͢ͅ ͏͏̭̦̜̪̞̗͙M̩͎̘͘Y̶̶̧̛̟͉̗̲̲͚͇̣̣̰͍̼̻̱̪ͅͅ ̠͈̥̥͘͢H̢̻̝̥̗̤͕̞̲̜̙̹̺͟E̷̖̰̗͙̳̳͙̜͙͖̣̥̤̞̕͟͢A̢̡̜̰̩̤̝͖̼̗͈̮̣̱̯͜ͅR̷̴̸̷͍̰̺̹̝͞T̶̛̯̝̗̤̖̤̫͙̘̟̦̱̜̲͎͚̕͝.̶̸̻͎̦̺͖̙̺̖̼̭̱͎̫̯̀͟͡"

The suddenly screeching, almost mechanical voice caused me to flinch.

"I-I didn't take your heart! I don't know what you're talking about!"

"G͜͠I̷͡V͜͠͏̡̡E͢͡ ̸̧̢̧̕I̡͜͝T̷̡̛̕҉ ̡͡͠B҉҉͞A͘͠͠C̶͢͠K͏ ҉̴̨͢G̨̧̛Į̛͞V̷̡͞҉̢E̵͢ ̢̀I͘͡͝T̵́́͢͡ ҉̀͟B̸̴A͏̸͜C̴̡K̢̡͞͡͝ ͞͝G̶̴̨͟͝Í̶V̶̡̕͜E̸ ̡̕͟I̶̕͜Ţ̷̸҉ ̨̕B̶̷̨̀Á͢͝C̴̸K̷͠͞"

I looked around and spotted the beast - even more grotesque than one would have you believe. My heart stopped as I fully realized.

It's real.

I grabbed the first thing I could think of, the reddish stone I had picked up earlier, and lobbed it at the monster - the Imago - before sprinting away. The swampy area seemed to melt away in an almost surreal way, and I was returned to the sparse forest I knew very well.

I looked around to make completely sure that I was safe. I hadn't even noticed in the hectic sprint that I had cut my leg open. Thankfully, I looked at the landmark ribbons tied to the trees, and realized I was quite close to my home. I looked up, and realized it was dawn. Soon, I got home and patched up my leg with some gauze, and thought for a bit. While it is possible that the reddish stone I picked up may have been this... thing's heart, or whatever, it was more likely that the stone just distracted it long enough for me to escape. Now, every night, I lie in fear that the Imago may come back for its heart.

After all, the real world is where the monsters really are.
Last edited by ZC. on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merry! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Mark!
The stream was really fun! Thanks! ouo
if you were looking for a sign, this is it.
this is your closure.
merry!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby key » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 pm

username;; key
kalon name;; Mary
kalon gender;; female
ghost story;; I'm very sorry about that. I did not realize my mistake and it was never my intention to offend anyone.

I'm sorry, but I will be dropping out. Many apologies.
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by key on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
I had fun while I was here, but I've decided that it's time to quit cs.
I'll be giving away most of my stuff (as of June 4th).

If you want a specific pet of mine, feel free to pm me/send a trade.
Everything in the unlocked groups are up for grabs until they're gone.
If something gets canceled, try again.xxxxxxxxxxxxxLove y'all!
key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kortico » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:03 pm

username;; slit
kalon name;; Yonce
kalon gender;; female
ghost story;;
(not my own creation, just something I remember hearing a few years ago and this is my best interpretation of what I can remember)

I watched him as he stood against my kitchen window. His forehead was stuck against the glass and his eyes never left mine as he grinned at me, pale grey skin pulled taut over protruding bones in the hands he had pressed beside his head. Upstairs, my family was sleeping in their rooms. Frozen in place as I finished covering the pool up, I watched his reddened yellow eyes. He stood against my kitchen window. He was waiting for me to come inside.

Last edited by kortico on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kortico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Max » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:07 pm

username;; max
kalon name;; katrina
kalon gender;; female
ghost story;;
(read it slowly and imagine yourself in the story for the best effect)
you look everywhere.
every room in your house.
the kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom, the living room.
you feel like you're being watched, and you swear that you hear something.
it sounds like someone... crawling?
no, you're probably just imaging things.
and so you sit down to watch tv.
about 10 minutes into your show you swear you hear it again.
and so you get up.
you look everywhere, one more time.
the kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom, the living room.
this is ridiculous, you think to yourself.
and so you sit back down on the couch.
there was one place you forgot to check, however.
you forgot to check the ceiling.
Last edited by Max on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Max

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Max wrote:sorry but quick question, does the story have to be about the kalon or can it be any ghost story in general, with nothing to do with them?

That's a really good question; it doesn't have to relate to the kalon!
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #385 -- Hydrangea Ghost

Postby seijuu » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:14 pm

user// seijuu
name// boy
gender// male
- warning: this story is based on filipino folklore and discusses mild body trauma -
Last edited by seijuu on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanhee. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:15 pm

username;;
    nezushi

kalon name;;
    elaine

kalon gender;;
    male

ghost story;; Growing up with parents that wanted a daughter but got a son was rough. Besides the name, Elaine was forced to keep his hair long and wear feminine clothes, leaving him defenseless to the bullying, as his parents didn't frankly care. The only thing that kept Elaine from tumbling over the ever-present edge of depression was the presence in his house that accompanied him in the dark, silent nights. When he was five, things in his room would topple over out of nowhere and he would hear whispering to him, telling him it would be okay. Whatever it was kept him sane, telling him daily how he was a man, not a girl, not what his parents forced onto him. After years of the creature, spirit, whatever it was, giving him pep talks, he finally took matters into his own hands at fifteen. Elaine took what money he had earned a got his hair professionally cut to a nice length he liked and got new clothing, more masculine clothing.

WIP
chanhee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me