Kalon #778 // Soot Spirit (WINNERS PG 14) by clouds-move-on

Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #778 // Soot Spirit (WINNERS PG 14)

Postby clouds-move-on » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:23 am

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

As requested here. c:

I have been rewatching Ghibli movies lately and was reminded of this idea! Such a cute one too, thank you!
This one is based off of the soot spirits from Spirited Away! Plus the konpeito. cx

edits wrote:Shaggy "longer" Fur (common)
Tufted Ears (common, ears are NOT custom)
Custom Tail (common)
Custom Shine (standard)

For this contest, tell me what they do to avoid turning back into soot as a job! What are they skilled at? What makes them feel useful? Or is it just a boring job they do because they need money? Tell me what it is, what they think of it, and so on!

You may write this in story format or just describe it!
The MINIMUM is 100 words!
Your allowed one art piece of the kalon related to the writing, but it is optional.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Their Job & What They Think of It:[/b]

Ends on January 15th.

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:
QUICK REMINDER:
I will be judging on the occupation and how it makes the character feel, and the MINIMUM is 100 words!
Forms with less than 100 words will not count. c:

Also, fantasy jobs are allowed, as I think somebody sort of indirectly asked that. So long as the kalon itself does not have magical powers.
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #778 // Soot Spirit

Postby cocogerber13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:25 am

Username:
Cocogerber13

Name:
Dusty

Their Job & What They Think of It:
They work at a small toy shop owned by a friend

The toys are all made originally in the store with original ideas, and inventing and creating them are Dusty's favourite part of the job!

He doesn't happen to get to work with the owner very much, and they are the only two that work there considering the shop's size. Dusty does, however, get along with kids and even befriended some of the ones that live nearby.

Though he first got the job to help out his buddy and to earn money, he found that he ended up really liking it and stuck to it even though he could have moved on to a more productive one.

Dusty decided that, since the toy store mostly attracted kids, that he would start a series of weekly games and passwords for the regular visitors and gives out homemade candy and treats to anyone who asks.

Even if most of the shop's stock has normal (but unique) toys, there are actually a few with enchanted parts. They are quite limited, however, as Dusty doesn't know where to get the special parts and used up the few that he found in the back on toys already.
Last edited by cocogerber13 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 am

res ;o;
Word Count for Prompt: {140 words}

Username:
shadow9119
Name:
Rini
Do you ever wonder who takes those photos that are used on postcards when you go to any kind
of tourist destination? Chances are, it was probably Rini. Rini is hired by small tourist towns and
large commercial destinations to take photos to be used on their postcards. Armed with a camera,
a backpack, and a map of the local landmarks, they go out and take artistic photos that are
appealing to the eye.
Rini loves their job. They enjoy taking pictures of landscapes the most, since they can enjoy the
view while doing their work. Taking photos of animals is cool too, if you can catch them. The only
downside is when they are asked to take pictures of people. People are stubborn and hard to work
with, and Rini will avoid those jobs as much as they can.
Last edited by shortstop on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username:WanSham
Name:Chaplin Jameson
Their Job & What They Think of It: Res with Police officer, who smuggles criminals out of the polices grasp
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satyn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 am

Username:
Name:

possible res? depending on time
status: moving on with life but I still lurk here <o/ been playing valorant + genshin + honkai star rail
[ SHE/HER ⎯ DV ⎯ MY KALS/CHARSKIMCHIQUACK ]

satyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 am

-----------------Username: julibee
    -----------------Name: Jalyn
    -----------------Their Job & What They Think of It: Jalyn works at a confectioner's shop, he is but a
    -----------------simple decorator but he enjoys getting to make sugar flowers for cakes and other
    -----------------creatively-shaped sweets. His favorite is making small candies and lollipops, and he
    -----------------often is entranced by watching his colleagues who are sugar-pullers as they work.
    -----------------Unlike many who hate and complain about jobs, he loves his work and workplace.
    -----------------The shop is small and a little too warm for comfort, but to Jalyn it is home away
    -----------------from home. His apartment is small, cramped, and smells faintly of mildew. The small
    -----------------antique building is much more charming, with its carved crown molding, brass light
    -----------------fixtures, and the faint scent of sweetness in the air. This is most likely why he doesn't
    -----------------pay much mind to his meager salary.

-----------------However, not everything is so sweet and rose-colored with Jalyn's job. He perhaps
    -----------------should have been fired many years ago, he has a tendency to eat many of the sweets
    -----------------he makes, as well as handing out freebies to cute children and pretty girls. When asked
    -----------------about why such a troublesome staff member is still on staff, his boss will over and
    -----------------whisper that Jalyn has potential, his designs and ideas are some of the best sellers and
    -----------------he will perhaps become a great confectioner himself one day. Jalyn is still ignorant to
    -----------------the fact he seems to have inadvertently become a apprentice of sorts to the old
    -----------------gentleman who owns the shop, but he looks forward to the day where he might be
    -----------------promoted to be allowed to make the confections himself.

-----------------The ones he most admires are the bakers who create the cakes and pastries. The tech
    -----------------nique required to make croissants and other sweet buttery breads is fascinating to him,
    -----------------folding butter into the dough over and over, such effort put into something that will be
    -----------------eaten in minutes. The cakes are just as impressive, tall towering creations bedecked
    -----------------with shimmering powders, sleek fondant, and beautiful life-like flowers Jalyn sometimes
    -----------------creates. What he wishes for, however, is a chance to construct these sculptures himself,
    -----------------to marble in different flavors and use dyes to create the perfect colors, or to construct a
    -----------------masterpiece that when cut, out spills chocolate or other sweets from a hollow in it's
    -----------------center.

-----------------Even after work, Jalyn finds himself engrossed in the world of confection. Although
    -----------------cooking meals is fun, he uses his sparse kitchen to attempt to recreate some of his
    -----------------favorite delicacies from the shop. While he hasn't quire mastered the pastries yet, he
    -----------------knows all too well the bitter taste of scalded butter, Jalyn is quite proud of his roll and
    -----------------bread making skills. He enjoys making up little parcels of homemade goodies for friends
    -----------------and neighbors in his free time.

-----------------word count // 447

Image---Image---Image---Image
Last edited by jules_ on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OswinTheFox » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:27 am

Username:
Oswinthefox

Name:

Last edited by OswinTheFox on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
OswinTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby candystars. » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:27 am

Username: candystars.
    Name: Howl
    Their Job & What They Think of It: Howl works as a bartender/server. It switches depending on where he is needed although he does prefer being a bartender. His job basically doubles as a therapist, as anyone and everyone who's not doing well and came for a drink or too drunk to think tells him every last bit of their issues and he simply loves giving advice. He feels that his job really shows him the rawest forms of some people as they sometimes come in with the biggest broken heart or extremely lost and generally at that point they're so upset that they're willing to spill everything to the mostly quiet bartender who has his eyes focused intensely on them. He feels that he ends up learning more from this job than anything else in life. The people that come in and explain their stories to him don't know it but they're teaching him about love and life and about their mistakes which he learns from. He likes it best when you find out something really nice about someone who doesn't seem like they'd do that; like when some massive muscular biker man comes in crying about how he found a kitten and couldn't save it in time or about how he really loves this one small sweet nerdy girl he met but can't find the courage to talk to her, even though he seems like the most confident person with his tattoo sleeves and motorcycle. He loves getting to personally know all these people and know something he wouldn't expect from each and every one of them.
Last edited by candystars. on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Image00
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote:
Call me candy, star, or kap! :>
She/her but I don't mind anything else!

My character website

My DeviantArt

art tumblr

I Amn just............ a litle creacher. Thatse it. i canot change this
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

candystars.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colpire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 am

Username: Kass~Nerd
Name: Aster

Aster has a job that suits her looks; she is an astronomer.

Aster's job began when she was young and while playing in the fields by her village discovered a fallen shooting star. When she looked up, she noticed a missing, dark spot in the night sky that was covered in stars. It was part of the Gemini constellation, she later learned. This experience filled her with curiosity for the stars, as she visited that spot in the field everyday with pieces of paper to map out constellations. However, her obsession with the stars and believing in horoscopes heavily caused her to loose some friends, as she took any advice the stars 'said', including severing ties with others close to her. One day, a fellow astronomer heard of her work when she was older, and went to see her. By this time, Aster was much older, and had built and observatory around the fallen star, with glass in the floor over the part where it lay in the ground. The other astronomer was older, and asked to work alongside her, as he had no funds for equipment of his own (Aster got her funds from fund raisers and the help of her remaining friends). Aster happily agreed, glad to have someone as enthusiastic about astronomy as her. Aster and the other astronomer work side by side in the observatory constantly, finding new discoveries about space and sharing their information with the world. Aster loves her job, though it doesn't pay much and sometimes she doubts herself when she had listened so closely to the horoscopes, but always bounces back and stays loyal to the stars above. The job pays a decent amount, as she is a valuable part of the science community, despite her almost religious beliefs in star fortune telling.
However, as of late Aster has been getting criticized. Rumor has it, probably by word of the adolescents that don't like Aster, that she takes any star fallen from the sky, crushes them up, and uses the dust similarly to a drug, as she has said that a star's dust induces dreamlike states, hence the trope of wishing on a star. This has caused an uproar among other astronomers. Aster has now become more serious in her job in an attempt to gain back her reputation, but the rumor of the stardust still floats around.
Last edited by Colpire on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━
Poke
She/Her
Gemini
Artist
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Want some digital art?
Get some here!
(If it's open)
━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━