Myth's rewritten (Psyche & Eros)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Myth's rewritten (Psyche & Eros)

Postby Lady Kadence » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:14 am

This is my first story so please don't blame me for crabby punctuation, spelling and potholes. Anyway, I decided that that I would write a detailed(ish) version of the myth of Psyche and Eros. I recentl stumbled upon it and it is now my favourite myth, I found it so romantic, Sorta of like a Romeo,Juliet but it's not? As I mentioned, Please excuse any pot-holes or bad use of grammar,punctuation and spelling. Hope you enjoy.

~Lady Kadence

Some of the listed Characters:
Psyche
Eros
Aphrodite
Persephone
Demeter
Ants (Yep, The awesome insects)
Psyche's sisters (Such beaches :L)
Oracle (Mysterious Future seer, Who doesn't get paid)
ΘH,ΨΘƱ CΔ∏'Ƭ HΣLƤ
ƬHΔƬ ШΣ'ΓΣ ΔLL ΜΔD HΣΓΣ.
I'Μ ΜΔD.
ΨΘƱ'ΓΣ ΜΔD.

ImageImage

In the end, it's not going to matter how
many breaths you тσσк, but how many moments
took your breath αωαу
- shing xiong

My Pets My Wishlist Trade With Me

Made By TrueNessie

Lady Kadence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Myth's rewritten (Psyche & Eros)

Postby Lady Kadence » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 am

Aphrodite paced angrily in her chambers,A mere mortal, More beautiful than me! Aphrodite thought, increasingly angry. She flipped her beautiful platinum blonde ringlets. As Aphrodite's frustration and anger seemed to rise, so did a constant shaking through out her chambers. A beautiful boy stepped into the natural lighting of the room. His skin was tanned but not too dark. His hair was a light but well suited shade of blonde, that curled at his neck. He had wings, coloured light pink. A bow was slung at his back, along side a quiver. His wings fluttered nervously. "Aphrodite, Mother. What is the problem?" He asked. Aphrodite quickly turned to him, her beautiful magenta robes fluttered in the quick motion. Her anger seemed to subside when she noticed the boy. "Eros, honey, Why would you think something is wrong?" Aphrodite asked, moving foward and grasping his shoulders. The boy, Eros, looked at the ceiling. "I could hear the shaking from my room. What is it?" Eros asked, grabbing one of her porcelain coloured arms. Aphrodite let out a small huff, before turning away from Eros. "It's that girl! Psyche, They claim that her beauty and youth out shines me! They call her a goddess of beauty. I am the goddess of beauty! Not a mere mortal" Aphrodite angrily exclaimed, the chambers shaking once more. "She is flocked by suitors and she is indulged and treated like a goddess. This must stop. This is an outrage" Aphrodite shrieked. Eros stepped foward and gently laid his hand on her shoulder. "Mother, It's not her fault. You might be just over the top" Eros calmly said. "Too Far? No. She will fall in love with a monster, No man will ever want to be with her" Aphrodite said. Aphrodite clicked her fingers, "Go! Make it happen. Make her fall in love with a creature of ugliness or something revolting!" Aphrodite said. Eros bowed "Yes mother, As you wish" Eros said, before turning around and flapping his wings, drifting out of the chamber in search of Psyche. Aphrodite laughed, She walked towards a small bird-bath. Aphrodite waved her hand over the pool of water. A pink mist engulfed the water and began to create an image, of a beautiful girl with dark brown hair that delicately waved from her neck to her shoulders. Aphrodite sneered at Psyche, "You'll get what you deserve"
Last edited by Lady Kadence on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ΘH,ΨΘƱ CΔ∏'Ƭ HΣLƤ
ƬHΔƬ ШΣ'ΓΣ ΔLL ΜΔD HΣΓΣ.
I'Μ ΜΔD.
ΨΘƱ'ΓΣ ΜΔD.

ImageImage

took your breath αωαу
- shing xiong

Made By TrueNessie

Lady Kadence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Kadence » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:58 am

Reserved
ΘH,ΨΘƱ CΔ∏'Ƭ HΣLƤ
ƬHΔƬ ШΣ'ΓΣ ΔLL ΜΔD HΣΓΣ.
I'Μ ΜΔD.
ΨΘƱ'ΓΣ ΜΔD.

ImageImage

took your breath αωαу
- shing xiong

Made By TrueNessie

Lady Kadence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Kadence » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 am

Eros was flying high above in the sky. Artemis's moon shone in the sky and Eros could see that all the mortals were asleep. Eros had turned invisible and had started to hover lower. He could see the destination in which he had to go to. After several minutes of flying, Eros had finally found Psyche's and gently climbed through the window. Before he could see her, he could hear slight noises of huffing. He silently approached a reasonably sized bed to find an incredibly beautiful girl, with light chocolate hair that slowly waved and weaved past her breasts. She is too beautiful for this life. Poor girl Eros thought to himself. He gently graped his bow and took and arrow from the quiver. He notched the arrow and pointed it at her. Suddenly, The girl's eyes flashed open,startling Eros making him accidently prick himself, even though she could not see him. (Eros's arrows were filled with Aphrodisiac and his job is to make people fall in love.) The girl's beautiful jade coloured eyes searched the room. Psyche's eyes began to droop and she fell asleep. She is so beautiful, I love her thought an infatuated Eros, stroking her face. Eros reluctantly left, wanting to be with Psyche once more but he had duty and had to leave. Eros flew away from Psyche's room and flew away from her city. Eros eventually got back to find Aphrodite lounged gracefully on her bed, surrounded by men and they were all naked. Eros looked away in disgust, his mother did it alot. "Well? Did you curse the stupid girl?" Aphrodite asked. Eros felt anger boil but restrained himself from doing anything. "Yes Mother, I did, No man will love her and she is infatuated with a beast" Eros smoothly said. Aphrodite threw back her head and laughed "Excellent" She said. The men behind her also laughed with glee. A Beast? You have no idea Eros thought
ΘH,ΨΘƱ CΔ∏'Ƭ HΣLƤ
ƬHΔƬ ШΣ'ΓΣ ΔLL ΜΔD HΣΓΣ.
I'Μ ΜΔD.
ΨΘƱ'ΓΣ ΜΔD.

ImageImage

took your breath αωαу
- shing xiong

Made By TrueNessie

Lady Kadence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Kadence » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 pm

As it so happens, Nyx's cloth once shining as night, became Hemera's etheral beauty, with Apollo bringing up the sun. Aphrodite, was overly elated, the wretched girl had gotten what she had deserved, a beast to fall for the "beauty". That foolish princess scorned love, and deserved it! Those mortals worshipped her as a goddess of beauty, and she was only mortal! Aphrodite, herself, was the Goddess of Beauty, Lust, Pleasure and Sexuality. No mortal could ever take her title or abilities from her. Aphrodite, wearing a clean fuschia robe, gracefully strided towards her beautiful marble bird bath. A few small doves covered the basin, but fluttered onto her shoulders. She smiled and looked into the bird bath, waving her gentle fingers over the water. Pink mist shimmered from her fingers and began to form and image. The lovely Psyche in the company of two youthful males, who were jesting with her. And she still scorned them. Aphrodite began to glow with rage. She cried out in rage and she pushed the base of the bird bath off it's pedestal, water and shards of marble scattering across the ground. Even the doves flew, in fear of her rage. "Eros..." She growled, storming towards hid bed chambers. Aphrodite ignored the playful calls from the males in her bed, and went straight into Eros's room. The stupid child lay on his bed asleep. "Wake up!" She snapped, pushing him. Eros's beautiful blue eyes opened in a flutter. "Mother-" he began to say. "Save your excuses! You did not follow my instructions, as now she sits in the company of men and scorns lover once more!" Aphrodite said, raising her hand to stop him from speaking. Eros leaned towards her, his palms spread out. "I can-" he started say, again. "No!" Aphrodite said, projecting her voice at its loudest. "You will not be doing anything!" She shouted. Then a sudden thought grasped Aphrodite, who slightly curled her lip in happiness. "Psyche, the mortal princess, You are cursed, to never find a suitable husband!" She cursed, and gleefully began to stride back to her quarters. "Then if she cannot find a husband. I shall no longer shoot my arrows of love, until she is freed from it" He promised. Aphrodite turned to him in disgust. "To think I even accepted you into my care, I now see it was a mistake" She whispered, turning around and walking off.
ΘH,ΨΘƱ CΔ∏'Ƭ HΣLƤ
ƬHΔƬ ШΣ'ΓΣ ΔLL ΜΔD HΣΓΣ.
I'Μ ΜΔD.
ΨΘƱ'ΓΣ ΜΔD.

ImageImage

took your breath αωαу
- shing xiong

Made By TrueNessie

Lady Kadence