The Girl in the Cloak

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Girl in the Cloak

Postby broodingtulip » Wed May 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Welcome, to my new story. I will write out the prolouge. I shall update the story if people like it. If people do, I may finish and publish it. That is NOT very likely, though.

Prolouge

The girl looked at the cart of delicacies. Bread and pastries. Berries and clothing. All she had to trade with was 10 coins and a few squirrels she caught in the woods. She have lived in the woods since she was abandoned there when she was 4. Now she is 5 and alone exept for her animal companions, one being a red tailed hwk named Azul.

The girl walked up to the cart. She traded a squirrel for a fine loaf of bread, and the other squirrel for a bag of pastries. She looked at the 10 coins in her pocket. I better save them... she thought. She was about to walk away when a red cloak had caught her eye. She walked up to it. It was quite big, but she would grow into it. It had a fine pattern and was made of fine silk. She looked for the seller, and soon saw a young woman with blonde hair.
"How much is this cloak?" the girl asked, all cute.
"How much do you have?"
"10 coins." the girl showed her her coins.
"Sorry, it's 20." the woman said, returning to work.
"I have an extra 10." said a man, from behind her. The woman looked up.
"Draco?" she asked, whispering.
"O-of course." she stammered, handing him the cloak. He handed her his 10, and the girl handed her share.
"Thankyou." she whispered.
"What is your name?" the man asked. He was sitting down now, looking her in they eye.
"My name is not to be shared with any stranger." now the cute girl turned into a strong and smart girl.
The man chuckled, his eyes soft.
"Well my name is Draco. It's nice to meet you, squirt." he said, holding out his hand. The girl hesitantly took it, shaking it. The man got up and walked off, and she waved bye. She pulled the cloak over her head, the red hood covering the top of her head.
"Andrea." she whispered.

Please, tell me what you think!
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1: A Bad Reunion

Postby broodingtulip » Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm

"Do you remember your first cloak, Andrea?" Draco asked the girl. She pulled her hood over her head and looked at him.
"How could I forget?" she asked, smiling at the memory.
"You were only 5 years old. I remember what you said when I asked you of your name." he said, chuckling.
"My name is not to be shared with any stranger." she said with a smile.
"Exact. Hurry up now, squirt. We got a big day ahead of us."
"Yes, Mr. Rush!" Andrea laughed. She hurried the horses down to the market.

"Ah, hello, Mr. Boyat. Anything good today?" a cart vendor asked the man.
"Well, Andrea caught 2 birds and a rabbit. Some small fish." the man held a net of fish proudly.
"She's getting better each day.
"Draco, I'm going to head over to the forest, OK?" Andrea, said.
"Be careful."
"Of course."

~~~
Andrea headed through the meadow, and soon crossed the tree line. She got out her bow and arrow from a hollow tree. She looked around. She spotted a young deer and pulled back her arrow, eyes on the target. Bt the deer was soon frightened by rustling.
"Hello?" she asked, cautionously. She spotted some brown hair, at the direction which the rustling came from. She walked over to the bush, cautionously.
"Who is here?" A young boy, around her age, stepped from under the bush.
"Teffrin!" she exclaimed, giving him a huge hug.
"Andrea!" he wrapped his arms around her tightly.
"I missed you so much! How have you been?" he asked, pulling away.
"Oh my gosh, so much has happened! I'm an official warrior in training!" she exclaimed proudly.
"That's great!"
"So, how have you been?"
"Oh, fine, I guess. I'm learning to hunt."
"Well, that's great! Draco's taking me to training soon. He said I'm pretty good." her eyes twinkled.
"Do you want to fish?" he asked her, nodding to two fishing poles and nets hung high in a tree.
"Sure, let me get some traps though. Just in case any game come by." she gathered her last remaining traps,m and set them on there way.
Andrea set a net in the water, catching as many fish as she can. When she took it out, there were several fish in her net, around a dozen or so.
"That should get you quite a dinner." Teffrin said, smiling.
"It better." Andrea said.
Teffrin took his pole out of the water.
"That's one fish." Andre said, looking at the huge fish.
"And when I say that, I mean that's one HUGE fish." she said.
"It better get me a feast. I nearly fell in." Teffrin said, slightly joking, and more serious.
Andrea laughed. "If you fell in, I would catch you." she smiled, looking into his perfect golden eyes.
"You'd better" he said, smiling. They both laughed so hard, they nearly fell in.
"We'd better be heading back" he said.
"OK, well, see you around." Andrea said, holding her net in one hand. She gave him a hug, and ran off into the woods. She looked back and waved.
~~~

She was almost back when she heard several fottsteps behind her.
That's odd. she thought to herself. She stopped and looked back, but saw no one. As she scanned more thoroughly, she felt breath on her ear and a knife on her throat, nearly piercing her skin.
"Be careful", the man said. She tried to reach for her sword, but the mysterious man had a grip on her hands. When she tried to scream, he would try to slit her neck.
What to do... she thought. She remembered her defense training, the first lessons she had. She fell limp. Apparently, her opponent was very easily fooled, as he loosened his grip. Within moments. She barely slipped her hands away and elbowed him, winding him, making him fall ckumsily to the ground. She clumsily turned around, grabbed his knife and knelt down, knife to his throat. But, of course, he recovered and pineed her down, taking her off guard. He struggled to get the knife. She screamed at the top of her lings.
"Tefferin!" she screamed, over and over again. She saw a strand of brown hair that meant he was coming. Only, through the trees. It would take him some time to get down.
"Draco!" she hoped that he at least would come faster, but her voice was weak. She struggled to punch him, and tried kicking, but she was getting weak.
"Let's see, who this one is." he said, trying to remove her hood from her head, as it covered most of her profile. But she found strength through anger, and broke one arm free. She gripped it strong.
"My identity is not to be shared by stranger's." she said, strong and dark.
"Oh, I already know who you are, Andrea."
His grip loosened, and she caught her breath. He got up, dusted himself off, and offered her a hand. But she refused it, and got up clumsily.
"Well done, Andrea. A bit weak, though."
Tefferin finally swooped down from a tree.
"Andrea, are you alright?" he ran to Andrea, engulfing her in his arms.
"I heard you screaming." Andrea pushed him behind her.
"Who are you?" she demanded.
"Me? Stupid girl. I'm your assassin." he said, his face darkening once again. "You're so gullable. But clever, I must say."
he put his knife, once again to her throat. But she recovered now, and elbowed him in th e side. Not as strong. It was quite oathetic. But it suprised him enough for her to get out her sword.
"Andrea! Please don't fight!" Teffrin begged.
"Teffrin, hide. Hide now." she demanded.
"But, Andrea-"
"NOW!" she yelled, and he soon disappeared.
Andrea tried piercing his skin, but she missed. He got her once in the arm, and so now it was bleeding. But nothing life threatning. She pulled her sword back into her belt, and grabbed one of her short daggers. She aimed for his heart. She threw. Successfully. Though he didn't die immediately, it wasn't too powerful for that. He would just bleed to death.
"Who are you." she demanded, again.
"Andrea...I'm Ebo." he said.
"Ebo? Why would you kill me? I thought you were my brother." she said, sadness cracking her voice. She knelt down beside her brother.
"I'm so sorry Ebo. I...I didn't know it was you. If I did..." she whispered.
"It's my own fault. Listen, you need to go, now." he said, fear in his eyes.
"But, what about Draco? What about Tiffrin?" she looked into his eyes.
"Just go. They're after you, Drea. You need to go. Be afraid. Go hide.
Just know. They are after you." Silence. His eyes went dull. She started crying hysterically, when Tifferin reapeared.
"Andrea?" he asked softly, confused.
When she didn't answer, he walked over to her. He sat beside her, comforting her by smoothing out her hair, which ws now tangled with grass. She lifted her head from her hands, and placed her head on his shoulder, his arms around her.
"They're after me, Tifferin. The pack are after us."
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me