The Drought by Sandstorm

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Drought by Sandstorm

Postby runnershigh » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey guys!!!!!

Here is a little random story I wrote...... it's strange I know. It's really creepy, it's a little bit like Warriors, but I wrote it even before I'd read them!!!
Even though it doesn't sound interesting at the beginning, please read on! It gets better.
And please leave a message! I would really like feedback to tell me how to improve! Or what you liked. And please tell me who you're favourite character is so far!

Thank you!!!!!!!

Prologue-
Birdwing looked over her clan. She saw several sleeping figures by the light of the full moon. She saw the forest beyond. And in that forest, she saw danger. The time had come.

Intro-
There once was a kingdom called Wolfturf that was divided into four sections, with a circular area in the centre. Each section was called a Volfterritor and was owned by a clan of Biowolves. Biowolves were simply wolves, but with supernatural powers. Each clan had its own power. As I told you before, there were 4 clans. But what I didn’t say is that there was a rouge group that reined the heart of Wolfturf. This area was a refuge for the loners and outcasts of other clans. It was not known as a Volfterritor, as there was no real clan, but as the Darkheart. Each Biowolf in Darkheart had the power of the clan they were born into, that is, if they were even a Biowolf. There were often normal wolves from the Outlands that sought refuge in Darkheart. But besides them, there was the Swampclan, who lived in the wetlands and had the power of mind-reading. The Plainsclan lived in open grass country and possessed the power of super speed. Another was the Mountainclan, who had x-ray vision. And last but not least was evil Forestclan. They were fierce warriors that had nothing to lose. And what was worse, they had super strength and hated every clan. So now you know about the clans, and Darkheart, you better get back to the story!

Chapter 1- The Clash
“Stop it Rabbitfeather! Ahhhhhaaahaa!!! Stop!!!” Mousekin squealed as her big sister tickled her paws. “Not until you give me back my hunting mask!” Rabbitfeather annoyed. “Alright, alright! Just stop tickling!!!” the little Biowolf giggled. Rabbitfeather ceased the tormenting and looked at her little sister. Mousekin was quite small for her age. With her small body covered in grey fur, large eyes and big floppy ears, she was adorable. She stood up a bounded over to a small rock, lifted it up and pulled out a small hay-covered mask. Mousekin dropped it in front of Rabbitfeather, and then sat down and cocked her head. “The mask is the same colour as the grass, but so is your fur. So why do you need it?” Mousekin had a point. Rabbitfeathers fur was the same colour as the grass. “Ohhhh Mousekin. When will you start listening to Mother?” Their mother, Birdwing, was the leader of Plainsclan so she was forever telling the sisters about the hunting masks and the responsibility of the Clan members. Rabbitfeather only had to be told a few times before she remembered it word for word. She was a very good student. With Mousekin, however, her mind tended to drift to faraway places inside the large empty void that was her head, which Rabbitfeather always said was lacking ‘Muscles’. She had the attention span of a scatter-brained sparrow. “But I do! I really do!!!” Mousekin wailed. “That’s what you always say!” Her big sister scolded. “I will tell you one more time,” said Rabbitfeather as she gave in to the little Biowolf, “It is a symbol of honour to wear a mask. Each Clan has their own coloured mask. We have light brown, Mountainclan has grey, Swampclan has dark green, Forestclan have light green and the Darkheart residents have none at all. Understand?” “Yes! I will try extra hard to remember this time!” Mousekin stated. Rabbitfeather stared at Mousekin with her stern, blue eyes and sighed, “I really hope so, because one, I don’t want to have to explain it again and two, in two more moons, you will be accepted as an apprentice Hunter.” “Oh I know. How could I forget? I’ve been losing sleep over it.” Mousekin admitted. “You have?” Rabbitfeather queried. “Have you been too busy to notice me?” Mousekin nearly spat the last words at Rabbitfeather, startling her. Rabbitfeather had indeed been too busy to notice her little sister, because she was about to become an Average Hunter. An Average Hunter was the middle rank of Hunters, which consists of Junior, Average and Senior. “I’m sorry Mousekin. I have been really busy. You know how hectic and difficult things have been around here! I’m forever being sent out as a messenger, confirming treaties with other Clans and my Average Hunter Assessment Trial is in 3 moons!!!” Rabbitfeather apologized, with a hint of exasperation in her voice. “Bloody diplomat” Mousekin muttered under her breath. “What did you just say?” Rabbitfeather asked angrily, her usually tame temper rising. She struggled to keep it on a leash. “Nothing Rabbitfeather, your royal highness” Mousekin retorted sarcastically, “I’m gonna go get some food from the Stack for Moonshadow and Moonfang.” Moonshadow and Moonfang were the Plainsclans’ Healers. And the Stack was an underground storage area where the Hunters and their Apprentices put their catch. Rabbitfeather stared menacingly at her little sister as she trotted out of the underground den with her tail held high. “Pups,” she muttered to herself, “they don’t know their place.”

Chapter 2- The Trials
She moved silently forward on her stomach through the long grass, her small, nimble paws barely making a sound. The Plains pigeon was about 6 paw-steps away. I could make that jump easily the young she-wolf thought to herself. The pigeon looked around nervously, suddenly sensing something. It was about to take flight when a dark shape leaped out of the cover of the grass and swiftly killed the trapped bird. It then held its prey high triumphantly. “Well done Mousekin! You are proving yourself to be an expert hunter.” Swiftowl commented. Mousekin positively beamed, just managing not to drop her prey on the ground. She gently placed it on the dirt, keeping to the ancient rules of えもののけいい, (emono no keii means "Honouring of Prey" in Japanese. I will post these rules later!) and looked hopefully at her assessor. “Good, good. I see you’ve memorized emono no keii, I’m impressed. You might just make it to the next test.” Swiftowl said. “You really think so, Swiftowl Sama?” Mousekin asked joyfully. Swiftowl shrugged, but something in her eyes said that she expected great things of Mousekin. Mousekin’s grin grew larger, if that was even possible. A small smile broke the surface of Swiftowl’s normally stern features. It’s impossible to keep a straight face around such an enthusiastic youth, she thought happily. She had been asking Birdwing if she could be the Sensei of Mousekin, but the small Biowolf did not know.

I will write more later! :) Please let me know what you think!!!! :D
Last edited by runnershigh on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
runnershigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Drought by Sandstorm

Postby nick wilde » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 am

WOW sis!!!! This is great!!! I like Mousekin!!! :)
nick wilde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepuns » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Wow! I really like this! It has a decent storyline an has wolves in it. What more could you want!
artshopdesign shopdAocs - sheepuns @ TH
ava: wyrd - siggy: kessler
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby runnershigh » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you for reading, Ittam!!!!! It should get better!
runnershigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wiccecraefte » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:20 pm

SO far.. Rabbitfeather.
wiccecraefte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby runnershigh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Cool :) She's the little diplomat :D
runnershigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I love it, and my fav character is Mousekin.

one thing you might want to do is break it into paragraphs though to make it easier to read.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---