〄Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅs' Lᴇɢᴀᴄʏ〄 [Ch. 4 Up!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Are you a new or returning reader?

New
No votes
Returning
75%
I'm not a reader; I'm just passing through
25%

Total votes : 8

Re: 〄Aʟʟ Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Yᴏᴜ〄 [Ch. 7 Up!]

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 am

bump
New chapter in the next hour. I'm a little behind with school starting this week. Sorry. >.<
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to whoever bothers to read this.
My internet home is on Eldemore,
but I pop into CS every now and again
and linger around several other sites.
I'm an avid anime fan and writer and occasionally
attempt to draw. I welcome any
conversations, so feel free to PM me~

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 〄Aʟʟ Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Yᴏᴜ〄 [Ch. 8 Up!]

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Chapter 8 – Realizing the Truth

Mika laughed as Ayako and Kana both gasped at the apartment room. Apparently they too, had never seen an expensive apartment room like this before. “Pretty incredible, isn’t it?” Mika asked smiling.

“Quite high class,” Kana agreed.

“I suppose...” Ayako muttered. She was still clearly displeased with her predicament, but she seemed to have lost the nervous edge that she'd had earlier.

“I brought food to cook,” Mika announced pulling some rice and other ingredients from one bag.

“Is that what you bought?” Kaito questioned.

“Well... it isn’t all of it.” She began to dig around in the other bag and brought out some bandage rolls and an antibiotic spray.

“You know that wasn’t necessary right?”

“But you got hurt really badly! The whole back of your shirt is all bloody.”

“Hm?” he tried to glance at the back of his shirt. “Darn it...” he muttered. “I won’t be able to wear this uniform again.”

“That’s hardly what you should be concerned about!” Mika reasoned.

“Oh?” he began to unbutton the shirt. He pulled it off, and turned so that his back was facing Mika. “Now what deep wound is it that you see?” he asked.

Mika’s mouth dropped. All that was left, was a bright red mark where he had gotten hit. It’s all healed... but I was sure that he had gotten really hurt! “But...”

Kaito sighed and then patently began. “I’m a different from you remember, deep wounds that would kill any human, aren’t a big deal for me.”

Mika walked over to him.

“What is it?” he asked, a questioning look coming over his face.
“It’s still red though,” Mika pointed out.

“Yeah, so? It’ll go away.”

She poked it hard.

He flinched. “What the hell are you doing?!”

“Clearly it still hurts,” she said in the same tone.

“Oh come off it,” he said, turning around to face her. “So it’s a little tender, what do you expect?”

Ayako, who had been watching the whole thing from the couch, suddenly grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at him.

He spun around and faced her knocking it out of his way, “What’s the problem with you now?” he demanded. “Have the whole lot of you gone completely mad?!”

“You shouldn’t be walking around half-naked! Even if it is your apartment!” she threw another pillow, which hit him on the side of his head. “Put your shirt back on!”

At this point, both Mika and Kana were laughing in hysteria. Mika had collapsed on the floor, and Kana was clutching the edge of the couch.

“And you think I’m weird...” he said looking at the girls as if they were some alien species, but he resigned, and headed up the stairs to grab a shirt that wasn’t torn or blood stained.

When he got back down stairs, Mika and Kana were in the kitchenette making preparations for dinner. Kaito watched them for a moment and then headed over to the couch. Ayako was still sitting on one end, so he collapsed on the other. What a very exhausting day... he thought ruefully. If I have to protect these three, it might just be the death of me. He closed his eyes, and put the back of his hand over his eyes to block out the light of the room.

“Kaito?” Mika called from the other side of the room, “Does your oven not work?”

Kaito sighed and got up again. “If you use conventional means, it won’t work,” he said as he walked over. He touched the edge of the metal, and the small flame came to life. “See it works just fine.”

“Was it already broken when you moved in?” Mika asked.

“No... I uh...”he paused, “It made me mad, and I accidentally broke the circuits. Oops,” he said it as if it weren’t too big of a deal. “I make it work so it’s not too much of a problem.” He shrugged.

Mika studied him as if trying to figure out how he did it. Electrical current? Is that how he makes it work and how he broke it? Can he manipulate electricity?

Kaito laughed at her concentrated expression. “Have you figured it out yet?”

Mika looked up at him and hesitated before speaking. “Manipulation of electrical current?”

“Is that a question or an assumption?” he asked rhetorically.

He held out his hand, and for a moment it didn’t seem like anything was happening, but after a minute, you could hear a popping noise, and see a couple little sparks that seemed to come from the skin of his hand.

“Perhaps you could see it better this way.” And the room suddenly plunged into total darkness except for the small flame still flickering under the eye of the stove. Now everyone could clearly the electricity sparking around his hand. It was much like a miniature lightning storm.

“Cool,” Kana breathed.

Even Ayako had left her spot on the couch, and had walked a little closer to get a better view. After a minute or so, Kaito dropped his hand, and the lights came back on. The girls squeezed their eyes shut hard, blocking out the sudden brightness.

Ayako groaned. “Give us a warning next time. I can’t see!”

“Too bright for you?” Kaito laughed slightly, and the lights seemed to dim some. “Is that better now?”

The trio nodded and opened their eyes.

“If you’re cooking food, you might want to go ahead and get started on it, unless you want to be eating at midnight. We probably would all like to go to bed before the late hours of the morning, especially since it’s a week day."

All three girls worked on the food, and Kaito walked over to the small table, sat down, and laid his head down on it.
How did I manage to get into this mess? He wondered. I was doing fine, keeping my identity hidden until Mika showed up. Is this some sort of twisted fate? He was lost in his thoughts until Mika called out that the food was ready. She fixed four plates and brought them over to the table.

“I hope everyone likes curry. I didn’t really think about asking everyone what they’d prefer...” Mika trailed off.

The others nodded saying that curry was perfectly fine, and then the table fell to silence. After a few minutes, it was Ayako that suddenly broke it. “So are you planning to explain like you said or what?”

“Just trying to think of how to start...” he mumbled. “Mika, why don’t you just tell them what happened over the weekend.”

She seemed stunned at this remark, but began to gather her thoughts, and in a minute she was telling the tale of Hatori and how he had been influenced by a demon. How Kaito had destroyed the demon, and then taken her back here. Mika stopped there unsure if she could continue.

“Go on,” he encouraged. “Might as well tell them all of what I told you. They’re not going to leave without hearing it anyway.”

And so Mika repeated the conversation that had occurred in this same spot a few days ago. When she finished, the room fell to silence once more.

“See, I told you he was a monster. I was right on the mark,” Ayako said after some time. No one commented on her remark. Kana seemed deep in thought, and Mika was busy trying to read any expression that Kaito showed, but he was swirling the rice around in his plate with a vacant look.

“I had never intended for anyone to find out about this little secret of mine,” he finally said still swirling the rice around. He face was serious and his tone was grave. “It might be best now if my fun little adventures in the human world ceased.” He seemed to be talking more to himself now.

“You’re...leaving?” Mika asked.

“Shouldn’t I?” he retorted. “I can’t have the whole world know this. I didn’t even want one person knowing. I figured if it was just a single person, I could make them stay quiet, either by persuasion or by force, but now...”

“Well I don’t intend to let anyone else know,” Kana piped up.

“And I’ll still stay true to my promise!” Mika added.

Kana and Mika turned to look at Ayako waiting for her response. She looked at them and then glared at Kaito. “Whatever,” she snorted. “No one would believe me anyway.”

Mika beamed, and even Kana looked pleased with her response. Mika turned to look at Kaito, who still hadn’t moved.
“Kaito? Won’t you stay?”

“I- I don’t know...” he said in deep concentration. “It’s true I’d rather not leave yet, but...” he paused. “Humans often keep lots of secrets amongst themselves, and although you intend not to say anything, many will blurt it out in the spur of moment.” He looked at each one of them as if analyzing what they’d do. He knew Kana wouldn’t say anything carelessly, he could probably count on her. Mika, he was decently sure would keep it to herself, she didn’t talk to many other people anyway. Ayako was the problem. His gaze settled on her. If she thought that it would be to her advantage to say that he was a demon, then she probably wouldn’t hesitate to do so. Even if she didn’t intend to say anything, she would be one that would shout it out on impulse.

“Quit starring at me!” she finally yelled glaring at him.

“You’re the one I’m going to have to consider. I trust the other two, can I trust you to keep true to your word?”

“That depends!” she retaliated insulted by what he had said. “If you keep pissing me off, maybe I won’t bother about your little secret,” she spat.

Kaito’s eyes narrowed, but before he could say anything Kana intervened. “Ayako, if Kaito left, you wouldn’t have any challenge anymore at school. You can beat everyone else in speed and stamina. You wouldn’t want that would you?”

Ayako clenched her jaw, and pouted.

“I think you will probably be able to trust her word, Kaito,” Kana said glancing at Ayako. “Anyway,” she continued, “we have school tomorrow, and I’d like to get some sleep before I have to leave, so I think I will be excusing myself for today.”

Kaito nodded, and the others began to rise as well. “See you tomorrow,” Mika said hopefully as she left. Although it sounded more like she was saying, ‘I really hope you’ll be at school tomorrow’.

And with that, Kaito was left alone to ponder what he would do next.

A/N~Well now the whole group is in on it, but how long do you think this can last? ;)
And I realize that my chapter titles are generally bland and unexciting, so after you've read through a chapter, I'm more than willing to listen to any suggestions. I'll take ideas for this one, previous chapters, and any suggestion in the future. Just know that I may or may not change it.

Last edited by scmarshtacky on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duskpond » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Awesome chapter! Also, I have an idea! Okay so, here it is:
'Chapter 8- The Truth.'
Do you like it?
Duskpond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kingbellamy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:44 am

So just read the chapter and I have to say I want someone to spill the secret. :lol: Of course it may just be me but what can I say it would cause some big drama! Anywho a good chapter and a good book weather or not someone does end up spilling the secret.

As for the title of chapter 8 I would say a good title would be Relizing the Truth.
kingbellamy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 am

I'm glad everyone is still satisfied with this.
@Youngrider good suggestion. ^^ Since it combines my idea with DarkusBattler's, I'll probably use it if I don't get another suggestion in a day or so.
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duskpond » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 am

On a completely random and anime related note, does anyone else like Kaze No Stigma?
Duskpond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 am

DarkusBattler wrote:On a completely random and anime related note, does anyone else like Kaze No Stigma?

YES!!!! I love Kaze no Stigma! Particularly Kazuma. I really wish it had a second season, but that won't ever happen. *sigh...
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duskpond » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah.... *Siiiiiiiiiiiigh* I'm gonna go find something Kaze No Stigma related to put in my signature, Ciao!
Duskpond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:42 pm

DarkusBattler wrote:Yeah.... *Siiiiiiiiiiiigh* I'm gonna go find something Kaze No Stigma related to put in my signature, Ciao!

Well, it looks like you accomplished that nicely. ^^ Love the pic, maybe you can attact more fans. Kaze no Stigma is such an underrated series, sadly.
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage