〄Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅs' Lᴇɢᴀᴄʏ〄 [Ch. 4 Up!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Are you a new or returning reader?

New
No votes
Returning
75%
I'm not a reader; I'm just passing through
25%

Total votes : 8

Re: 〄Aʟʟ Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Yᴏᴜ〄 [Ch. 10 Up!]

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:26 am

It's so silent. Did everyone fall off the face of the Earth this week?
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to whoever bothers to read this.
My internet home is on Eldemore,
but I pop into CS every now and again
and linger around several other sites.
I'm an avid anime fan and writer and occasionally
attempt to draw. I welcome any
conversations, so feel free to PM me~

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Erratic~ » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Did your readers poof back into the shadows? D:
~Erratic~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:40 pm

~Erratic~ wrote:Did your readers poof back into the shadows? D:

I've no idea. But it has been awfully lonely here the past couple of days... *sigh
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muse. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Love it. :3 I know that I myself had some homework as well as a family thing so I didn't get to read it until now. I dunno about everyone else though. -shrug-
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pichufudge » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

THE LIGHT BURNS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
I'm quiting chicken smoothie, these pokemon are the new ones for the game X and Y coming out worldwide this year in October!!!
Pichufudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 am

I'm so glad everyone is still alive. :D
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:11 am

New chapter will be up in the next hour.
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 〄Aʟʟ Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ Yᴏᴜ〄 [Ch. 11 Up!]

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 am

Chapter 11 – Patched Up

Kaito stood stock-still watching the retreating figures. Kana held her breath, and also stood frozen her eyes trained on Kaito waiting for an indication that she could move, and after an endless moment, he turned around, and gazed at her. “Are you okay?”

“I’m the one that should be asking that.” She began walking toward him speeding up as she got closer. “You shouldn’t be concerned about me when you’re in that state.” She gestured to his right shoulder where blood covered his white shirt.

“’In that state’” he repeated. “You make it sound as if I’m dying. It’s really not that bad.” He shrugged slightly. “I’ve had worse.”

“But still!” Kana protested. She paused for a moment, looking at the ground. “Come to my house. My parents are doctors, they can-”

“No!” he replied in an unintentionally aggressive tone. “I have no desire to be tended to by a human physician.”

“Why?” Kana’s voice was quiet and shy after his sudden outburst.

Kaito took a deep breath to bring himself back together before he answered. “Doctors... are probably the smartest amongst all you humans. They can pick up on a slight detail in an instant, and very little can be hid from them. Do you think it could possibly go unnoticed that my body is different than that of a regular person? A doctor would have me figured out in a matter of minutes.”

Kana was silent, letting what he had said soak in. He’s right... my parents would immediately notice that he’s not normal, and then that would spur on all sorts of other tests...

“Then I can do it,” she said determinedly. “I’ve watched my parents work on patients countless times. I’m adequate enough.”

“I’m sure you are,” Kaito replied somewhat cautiously. “But it’s really not a big deal.” He repeated as he stepped around her and began to walk off.

“Wait a second!” Kana protested grabbing his arm to stop him from leaving.

Kaito bent his head slightly to hide his grimace as Kana grabbed his bad arm. However, this did not go unnoticed by Kana’s keen eye. She immediately relinquished her grip and stepped back. “I’m sorry,” she murmured. “But this just proves you’re really not as okay as you say you are.”

Kaito sighed and turned back around to look at her. “You’re not going to let me go are you?”

Kana perked up realizing he was giving her a chance. “No,” she answered with a slight smile.

“Fine,” he grunted still unhappy with his situation. He walked off again. Kana jogged to catch up with him, and they proceeded toward her house.

“Are your parents going to be home?” he asked casually as they walked.

“Probably not,” she answered shortly.

The rest of the walk went by without another word, and before long, Kana stopped at her house. The house was standard. It had two stories and was squished in between two other houses causing there to be very little yard. Kana pushed the gate to the small metal fence open, and headed to the door.

Kaito paused for a quick second moment and took a deep breath to test the scents of the small front yard. Seems like no one has been here since this morning. That’s good. He quickly caught up with Kana who was standing on the small porch digging in her bag for the key. It didn’t take her long to find it, and she opened the door to the completely dark house.

Kana flipped the switch, and a hallway light flicked on. She led him about halfway down the hallway and then turned right into the main sitting room. The room was a basic rectangular shape, the door was located in the middle of one side. To the right, was the small kitchen and table; to the left, was a three person couch which was situated in front of the television.

“You stay in here,” Kana instructed. “I’ll be right back.”

Kaito glanced around. Somehow I feel like she’s imprisoning me here... he mused to himself. He moved closer to the couch, intending to sit down, but then remembered his shirt was pretty filthy and thought better of it.

It was only a couple of minutes before Kana returned with an armful of supplies. She dumped everything down on the kitchen counter, and picked through it until she found a rag. Turning on the sink, she doused it with warm water and then turned to Kaito.
Kana opened her mouth, and then closed it. She paused for a moment before finally saying in a very buisness-like tone, "Take off your shirt. Even as she said this, her cheeks took on a slightly redish hue.

Kaito smirked at her bemused expression. “Is it that hard to say?” he laughed as he pulled his white shirt off being careful not to move his right arm unnecessarily. When he had managed to wiggle out of it, he turned it over and examined the damage.

“Guess I probably won’t be able to get this out, huh?” he pondered. “It’s a shame... I liked this shirt too. Maybe if I painted it red...” He glanced at Kana, whose expression hadn’t changed. “Think it’ll work?” he asked lightly attempting to lift the slight tension that had settled in the room.

“I doubt it...” she responded quietly.

He looked at her again and sighed as he plopped down on the cold tile of the kitchen area. “Look, do what you’re gonna do and get it done. I think we’d both rather this is over and done with.”

Kana nodded in agreement, and made her way over to stand behind him. She took a deep breath trying to calm her pounding heart, and sat down.

Kaito closed his eyes, as he felt the now cool rag brush over his back. Kana started hesitantly in the middle of his back, where the blood had run down and then slowly worked upward toward the source getting more confident as she went. However, when she neared the area of the wound, she slowed down and worked much more cautiously.

“You don’t have to worry about it so much,” he muttered turning his head to glance at her.

“Mmm,” was her only response.

After a couple more minutes she got up, and walked back over to wash the blood off the rag and a spray can and the gauze wraps.
He looked at the spray can attempting to figure out what it was. It smells like rubbing alcohol...Surely she’s not thinking of putting that on me! “Wait Kana –” before he could protest she had shaken the can and sprayed it on the wound.

“OW!” He jumped to his feet and spun around to stare at her like she had just gone mad. “What the hell! That stuff hurts! Get it away from me!”

Kana pushed her glasses upward slightly. “It’s an antibiotic spray.” When he didn’t respond she added. “It helps prevent infection.”

“I know what it does. I’m asking why you put it on me.”

“Isn’t that pretty obvious?”

“This little mark will be gone within twenty-four hours. Why would I possibly need that? It’s for wounds that’ll take ages to heal.”

Kana ignored him once again as she capped the spray. “Get back over here so I can finish you up,” She said shortly looking up at him.

Kaito hesitated, looking at her warily after deciding that the danger of the stinging spray was over, and he walked back over to his original spot and plopped down once again.

It didn’t take Kana long to wrap him up. She finished in just a couple of minutes and walked back over to grab everything to put away. Kaito grabbed his bloodied shirt and debated about whether he should go ahead and put it back on or not. He determined he should, although when he attempted to get it on, he found it was nearly impossible to do with his arm all bandaged up and growing stiff. Kaito was about to say his thanks and head out the door, when he heard a noise. He immediately froze.

“Hey, what –” Kaito put his hand up to silence Kana. Suddenly, the lights were cut off and the room was thrown into an intense darkness. Kana unconsciously let out a little squeal.

“Shh,” Kaito ordered her quietly. He shifted, and the next thing Kana knew, he was scooping her up, and leaving the room. He headed down the hallway in the direction he assumed the stairs were. He managed to find them quickly, but as soon as he neared them, Kana heard the lock on the door click.

Mom’s home. Suddenly it all made sense. He’s trying to get out before mom can get in... Kana was pulled from her thoughts by the sudden forward motion of Kaito leaping up the stairs. It almost feels like he’s floating. He never seemed to touch the stairs, but he moved in swiftly up them.

They reached the smaller, upper hallway in a matter of seconds. Kaito paused for a moment glancing around, and then moved to the very end of the hallway and turned right into the bedroom. The light immediately flicked on as he entered.

Kana closed her eyes hard trying to block out the seemingly blinding light. Kaito moved forward a step, and then his arms disappeared from under Kana. She felt herself falling and yelped. However, he had dropped her over her bed, although, she hadn’t realized this until she bounced a bit upon impact.

The medical supplies that she had been holding fell over her. “Ow...” she muttered as the antibiotic spray hit her forehead. She finally managed to open her eyes. Kaito was rolling his bad shoulder slowly as he slowly moved to the window. Then began to work on opening it.

“You’re going out that way? Wouldn’t it be easier to wait for an open moment and go out the door?”

“Nah, it’s easier and much quicker this way.”

“How did you know which room was mine?” she asked abruptly.

He turned around slightly stunned by her sudden question. “Guess I’m just lucky, and picked the right one.”

Kana narrowed her eyes and studied him. He’s avoiding the question... she decided after a moment. Angered by the lack of a truthful response, she asked the first random question that popped into her mind. “Where did you grow up at? What kind of place was it?”

Kana had his full attention now. He turned around looking at her warily. “Why are you asking that...?”

“Why do you always avoid the questions?” she shot back.

Kaito was stunned. The usually calm, and quiet Kana was losing her cool. What’s wrong with her today? he thought bitterly. And after I went out of my way to help her from those brats earlier too...

“Kana?” a voice called from below. “You’re up there aren’t you? Were you talking to someone just now?”

Kana hesitated and then answered loudly back. “Yes, I am here! I’m simply reading my study materials to myself!”

Kaito finally finished unlocking the bolt on the window. It was pretty small, but he determined that he could probably fit through it. Kana shot him a glare. He still had not bothered to answer any of the questions.

“Look, I’m sorry, but that’s... really nothing you should be concerned about.” He finished somewhat awkwardly as he positioned himself on the windowsill. “Thanks for bothering to patch me up though.” He smiled slightly hoping that she would forgive and forget this whole ordeal.

She sighed, but her eyes softened up some. “Please try not to get anymore banged up on your way back.”

“I’ll do my very best,” and with that, he pushed himself off the ledge and fell into the darkness.

Kana ran to the window and poked her head out, but he was gone, as if he'd simply faded into the blackness below him.

A/N~ Short little arc thing on Kana and Kaito. I hope you all enjoyed the Kana time. It's so hard to write things just with her because she isn't one that would usually find herself in a lot of trouble.

Important Notice: Three chapters from now, you all will have read exactly 100 pages. Isn't that exciting?! So I would love to do a little celebration thing for you, but I need your help to come up with ideas. So all you people that are still lurking in the shadows, get your butt into the light and suggest what you would like to do! :D

I'm open to most any and all suggestions. The only thing that I really cannot do is draw. So sadly, I can't personally draw any of my characters. I can however, use photoshop pretty well, and I do have a couple of Kaito pictures that I've created with it that I will probably post after chapter 14. Please give me your suggestions, you are only limited by your own imagination! ^^

Last edited by scmarshtacky on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
scmarshtacky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muse. » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 am

I have literally no idea what you could do for that special thing, but I would like to say good job! Liked the chapter, it flowed nicely and kept my interest. ^^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm glad you thought so. ^^ I'm creatively deficient, so I'm not really sure what I could do either, but we both have another couple of weeks to think about it. :P
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage