To Be Charmed {Chapter 1, Part 2 Up!}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

To Be Charmed {Chapter 1, Part 2 Up!}

Postby owls-in-october » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 pm

I've been meaning to start this story for a while; in fact, it's partially true, but the details are highly exaggerated. I ask for criticism galore, and welcome any questions or comments! I will add new parts as often as possible. Thanks for reading!

This story is written using a technique called first-person writing; but you should be able to figure that out, as long as you have ever paid attention in writing classes (by this I mean Language Arts or English, whatever you wish to call it). The story is one of coldness, subtle cruelty, and more than anything, what it is like to be charmed.

Enjoy.

Last edited by owls-in-october on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: To Be Charmed

Postby owls-in-october » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:51 am

Prologue

My hazel eyes blinked, struggling to focus on the words echoing out of the mouth of a rather chunky man with very little hair, standing just a few yards away. I attempted to fix my mind on the teacher's lesson, but it was a dull lesson, after all. How was I supposed to pay attention? It didn't help that my seat partner kept up a whispered river of flirty comments, which somehow seemed louder than the teacher's words on "archaebacteria's ability to survive extremely harsh conditions." Ugh. I hate science.

The boy winked as he muttered, "Will you go out with me, Kayla?"

I shook my head, not meeting his eyes, trying once more to ignore these comments. My seat partner, Ethan, grinned a cheeky yet somehow, charming, grin. I blushed, but not for the reason some may think. It was hard to ignore the charismatic words of this guy. He didn't really mean it, when he asked me out, and if I'd said yes he would've laughed. And how did I know he didn't mean it?

Simple. Ethan was one of the most popular boys in the school. He was already dating about five different popular girls. I was a dork, a dork with hazel eyes and dark brown, almost black hair. I wore a silver chain with a little sterling leaf. I was shy, all too smart, and not exactly what you'd call "pretty." In an effort to keep from drawing attention to myself, I never wore makeup.

Yet still he flirted. And maybe there was a time when I would've unquestioningly accepted his charms, assuming he actually liked me, and then the blush would've been genuine. But this was not then; and so I had to ask: what were his motives?

I'm not exactly a trusting person, if I must be honest.

>End of Prologue<
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: To Be Charmed {Prologue Up!}

Postby owls-in-october » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Critique is welcome! This is probably my only-ever realistic story, so I'd love to pick up some tips!
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cookies. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm

мαєƒℓσωєя wrote:Critique is welcome! This is probably my only-ever realistic story, so I'd love to pick up some tips!

OMG. I love this story. Write more please!! :D :D Stalking forevah.
cookies.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks! You're so kind, ShaShaJean. XD I'm gonna friend you so I remember to gift you when possible. ;)
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cookies. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 am

мαєƒℓσωєя wrote:Thanks! You're so kind, ShaShaJean. XD I'm gonna friend you so I remember to gift you when possible. ;)

x3 Not needed. :) Whats your dreamie pet currently anyways? (Sorry for off-topicness.)
cookies.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owls-in-october » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

It was the one in my siggie, which I got for a gift. I wanted the full set, though, all of the Easter litter. I have all of them but two now! The last two are my least favorites, though, so I think I'll use your very generous and awesome gifties to trade for other dreamies of mine; mainly the old-lineart cats. :D I'm so grateful for your donations, though!
owls-in-october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cookies. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

мαєƒℓσωєя wrote:It was the one in my siggie, which I got for a gift. I wanted the full set, though, all of the Easter litter. I have all of them but two now! The last two are my least favorites, though, so I think I'll use your very generous and awesome gifties to trade for other dreamies of mine; mainly the old-lineart cats. :D I'm so grateful for your donations, though!

No problem. Hey, when is the next chapter coming out?
cookies.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorWhoCrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 pm

More, more, more! Ethan just has to be evil, in my opinion!
Quitting! Take up to 20 pets!
DoctorWhoCrazy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GoldleafOG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 am

Great beginning! I'm hooked and stalking! ;) Interested to see what shall happen....:3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey, Just making a return from real life to hopefully
make a comeback to CS and roleplaying
(looking to improve my writing).
Message me, for anything, I don't bite, pretty much
giving my pets away that aren't labeled not for trade
(Cause NFT's are by babies from 2011 lol). Lets be friends,
I'm here to help and talk! I missed this platform so much!
link link © link link

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GoldleafOG

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me