lovely little excerpts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

lovely little excerpts

Postby amber. » Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 am

{ Hello all! My name is Amber.

Currently, I have a Roleplay called Written in the Stars. It's about teenagers who live in the town of Charleston. On their eighteenth birthday they receive a letter inside of a red envelope. This letter says their soul mates name as foretold by the stars. The couple that I am playing half of is 'The Popular and the Shy.' I play the Shy and a very lovely friend of mine, named Rosie, plays the Popular.

When I listen to songs these little images pop into my head and I have this huge urge to write, so I do. Music is my inspiration. I will be posting little excerpts here from what I've written for critique and such. I'd love to be able to turn this into a book if it was possible...

Note to self:
This picture is essentially them. It captures ever detail right down to her favorite pair of black converse shoes. It describes his playfulness in every sense and they both just look about as I imagined him to be.
Thanks to tumblr for le wonderful find!
}
Last edited by amber. on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lovely little characters

Postby amber. » Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 am

{ These are the two lovely characters that will be portrayed here. Yes, Rose has created her own character but when I imagine it I imagine him slightly younger as she originally used Liam Hemsworth as her Character..

Just a note for everyone.. I have not named these characters yet... I haven't developed them in my mind but somehow I just know them. I know what they'd say, what they'd do, etc. So if it gets repetitive reading he or she and such I do apologize. Once I get more of a grasp for the specific looks for characters and such they will be posted here somewhere..

Name to be Announced.

Character Traits/Information:
♔ Defined as Popular
♔ Polite in manners (at times)
♔ Straight forward
♔ Double-edged sword in the sense that he isn't all he appears to be on the inside.
♔ Soft hearted

Quinn Elizabeth Hart.

Character Traits/Information:
♔ Defined as Shy
♔ Quiet and Content
♔ Has a passion for reading and writing
♔ Trusts others easily
♔ Is much more outgoing if she knows you well

Okay, so there they are. More will be added once I've figured some more stuff out.. }
Last edited by amber. on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

excerpt from the great escape

Postby amber. » Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am

Note from the Author:

The muse from this chapter comes from the following songs:

Mercy
Cosmic Love

Word Count: 1,819

I'm not sure how this little image come to be but it did. This is a little excerpt from one of the first chapters I wrote. I hope you all enjoy. Criticism and Feedback is much appreciated.
So, without further ado I give you: The Great Escape!

Gray hood pulled up, she looked back and forth, her eyes darting to and fro as if they could be adjusted to the darkness that surrounded her. The only light that was given off was the faint hint of moonlight, which provided little light but it was enough. With a nervous heave of her chest, she pushed the small window open, her eyes darting once more before she pulled herself out, her body dumping itself in the grass. She stood up rather quickly, brushing herself off from any miscellaneous items that threatened to cling to her. She scampered across her front lawn, the black car waiting just around the corner. She ran as soon as she was out of sight of her house. As she drew nearer, her green eyes locked with his baby blues, melting into a whirlpool of color. A small smile threatened to show on her face as she looked at him, who was smiling like a fool back at her.

“I can’t believe you actually did that…” He said a cheeky smile etching across his face.

“Yeah, me either. If my parents know I’m gone…”

“I’ll have you back before they even notice anything is different. Besides, you are with me after all. They shouldn’t worry,” he assured her, his eyes soft as he spoke.

She opened the door to the black car, hopping inside and immediately securing her seat belt. If she was going to sneak out against her parents’ wishes breaking that rule was far safer than breaking the law. With a loud laugh, he peeled out, dust and other mayhem scattering into the air. As the two headed off, their cares seemed to be lost with the mayhem that had been destroyed in the cars quick acceleration. He began to steer the car towards their desired destination. The car was traveling at a slightly faster rate than the speed limit allowed. Her eyes found themselves locked on the passenger window. Her heart seemed to beat erratically as the two continued their escape. She had never done such a thing before. She had always preferred to lock herself in her room until the wee hours of the morning, pencil in hand and any sort of paper beneath her. Her pencil would scribble until even she grew too tired to keep those green eyes open any longer.

The car was quickly met by an enclosure of trees which enveloped them as well as the headlights that were currently needed. The road began to wind as the road found itself further and further into the forest. Trees seemed to fly past them, even as the pace of the car slowed as their destination grew closer and closer.

Finally, he pulled the car on the side of the road, flicking off the headlights and turning the key in the ignition until it was off. He looked over at her. He could tell she was nervous. This wasn’t something people like her did. This was reserved for the party-goers, the popular kids, the kids like himself. He reached his hand to grab hers which was currently rested on her thigh. He gave it a light squeeze and a reassuring smile before he let her hand go and hopped out of the car. Holding a finger up, as if to tell her just a moment, he walked around the car, opening the door for her. She undid her seat belt, coming to terms that there was no backing out of this now. She slowly got out of the black car, nodding a ‘thanks’ to him and walking next to him as he shut the door.

The pair began to walk, side by side, keeping a rather slow pace as if time no longer existed. As the two continued to walk, he found himself looking at her. He focused on the way a hint of light seemed to shine in her eyes, the way her hair jostled as she walked, the way her body swayed back and forth as her legs carried her forward. He was mesmerized by this girl, this girl who he hadn’t noticed until that red envelope arrived that one Sunday morning. As the two emerged from the path surrounded by the tall trees, he found himself wanting to be closer to her, wanting to feel her tanned skin against his own.

Slipping his hand in hers and swinging their arms back and forth, he began to lead them through the small clearing. He pushed his way through the waist high grass until he found a matted down path, which showed the signs of people having been there before, himself being one of them. He looked over his shoulder at her, a small smile appearing on his face as their eyes connected. As they reached the destination, an area of grass which had been cut so that it was just at the knees in some places while other areas showed the remnants of being cut shorter with imprints of bodies having laid there before. He stopped turning around to face her, his eyes locking on hers as he smiled. He looked for a place to sit until he realized that he was missing something rather important; the blanket. He looked apologetically down at her, his mouth forming words.

“I, uh, forgot the blanket in the car. Do you mind if I run back there and grab it?”

She shook her head back and forth, her hood moving with it, moving slightly farther back, though not far enough to dare to fall off. A small smile appeared on her face as she spoke.

“I’ll be here.”

He let go of her hand, moving around her and jogging slowly through the grass until it reached to his waist once more. He looked over his shoulder at her just in time to see her form words on her pale, pink lips.

“Hurry back!” He heard echo, before he turned his head forward once more, running faster. His jog morphed into a sprint as he raced back to his car. He slowed as the black car came into view. He dug through his pocket to search for his keys which proved to be a difficult task. His hands had begun to shake. How he hadn’t noticed it before he had no idea nor did he know the cause of these tremors. When his hand met the key he clicked the unlock button. In an attempt to hurry the key nearly slipped from his hand. He clicked the trunk open and he jogged around to the back, grabbing the pale brown blanket. He shut his trunk quickly, locked his car, and threw the blanket over his shoulder as he began to jog back to where he had left her. His body pushed through the tall grass as he made his way back to her.

“Sorry that took so lo-“

His breath caught in his throat as he stopped suddenly. There she was. Her skin was illuminated by the moonlight, her body twirling in circles through the long grass. Her fingertips grazing the tops of the dry yellow grass as she twirled in graceful little circles. Hearing his arrival, she stopped, looking over at him, a flush in her cheeks producing at being caught. A timid smile appeared on her face as she looked over at him.

“I... was just, uh” she began to say as he made his way closer to her. He dropped the blanket in the shorter grass, moving closer to her. His hand found its way to her cheek, touching the edge of her mouth. Her eyes looked up at his, her lips parting as she felt the touch of his fingertips. Something electric flowed through both of them. Ice found its way to her skin where his fingertips had touched. Meanwhile, heat burned through his body, creating this jittery feeling in the pit of his stomach. He stared down at her, watching as her eyes closed as his hand moved to cup her cheek. He moved his hand farther back, touching her neck softly. He reached both of his hands up, pulling down the hood that had still covered parts of her head.

“Will you dance with me?” He asked quietly, breaking the silence that had found its way between them. Opening her eyes, she nodded softly, taking a small step forward at the same time as him. Their bodies were pressed lightly together, his hand moving to her waist, the other finding her left hand. She moved her right hand to his chest, placing it softly there. Their eyes remained locked as the two moved slowly back and forth. Their rhythm was only interrupted when he moved her farther from him twirling her in a circle and bringing her closer to him. Her head rested on his chest as they continued to make small steps, moving to and fro. She withdrew her hand from his, wrapping her arms around his torso as he moved his own to wrap around her shoulders. The two embraced, his lips planting a soft kiss in her hair.

When they parted, he took her hand softly and led her to the shorter grass. He let go of her momentarily, only to lay the blanket out and move it so it was spread evenly. He sat down, patting the blanket next to him, inviting her to join him. A smile played on each of their lips as they made eye contact. She sat down, brushing a hand underneath her shorts. Her eyes trailed upwards, staring at the stars above them. Her body leaned backwards as her arms moved to support her. He looked at her, watching as she enveloped herself in the sky above them. He moved closer to her, touching her arm softly. Her head turned to the side at the feel of his touch. It was as if some sort of unspoken communication occurred as they laid down. Her head found its way to his chest, her left hand snaking its way to his stomach where she rested it. He wrapped his arms around her body, feeling the warmth of her clothed skin against his own. Their eyes found the sky above them, concentrating on the stars that had so far proven themselves worthy.

“They’re amazing, aren’t they?” she murmured.

“They are,” he replied.

“I don’t understand how they know that this was supposed to be,” she wondered aloud.

“Mmm,” he said in agreement, “But somehow they were right.”

A soft sigh escaped her lips as the two lay there, watching the stars, watching the sole reason that they alone were together. How could something so… distant understand things that even they didn’t understand themselves? As the two lie there, time seemed to be stuck at a standstill. They were enveloped in their own little world, a world which only they could encounter together. Such a strange thing fate is.
Last edited by amber. on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: lovely little excerpts

Postby amber. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:13 am

reserved.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amber. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:14 am

reserved.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amber. » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 am

reserved. // open for critique & comments

Last bumped by amber. on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 am.
amber.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me