Earth's Redemption (Sci/Fi - WiP - please post thoughts)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Earth's Redemption (Sci/Fi - please post thoughts)

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 pm

maybe in another book. that could be a twist in the sequel of Can You Reason With Treason, but its something I'm totally inexperienced with. i will one day attempt to please zombie lovers out there, maybe vampire lovers too.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Earth's Redemption (Sci/Fi - WiP - please post thoughts)

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 am

Here's a little bit more I forgot this morning.

A little while after Zundy climbed out of the tree, I climbed down quietly. I knew she would be talking to Mikra and I didn’t want to disturb her. I snuck past and went hunting. Walking slowly, I reached my favorite hunting spot just before sunrise. It really hadn’t been that late when we had woken up then, I thought.
I didn’t feel like hunting, so I sat down on a rotten log to think. Strange that it hadn’t disintegrated by now, right? Considering it was half-rotten when the aliens came, but whatever. I had yet to tell Zundy about Fira, but now that I knew she was a fantaseador, I thought of a better way to tell her.
Fantaseadors could read dreams and all that stuff, but rememberers and fantaseadors were often highly revered because they could communicate on a level no one else could. They could converse through thoughts, only with each other though. So I made my mind up to simply send her a telepathic message of the legend. And the good thing about that was, she would instantly understand. No reading the message, no explaining. It was an easy way out truthfully, but she would understand my intentions.
I started back to the tree, composing my message along the way. It was simple really. There was the complete legend, details and everything including her execution - a bit lengthy truthfully, but worth it. Then there was a short message from me saying ‘It was a lot easier to send you this then to say it out loud because I knew you would instantly understand. I really don’t like taking the short-cut, but I know you understand. You’re still getting your story from me, and the legend is genuine. I promise, this was not easy for me to do.’
I only hoped she’d understand. I was pondering this when a mist swallowed me up out of nowhere. And I mean nowhere. I had been so caught in thoughts that I had walked to the middle of nowhere. “Hello Zahyr,” said a voice that came from the mist, apparently.
“Who is this? What do you want from me?”
“I’m Fira. Does that name ring a bell, rememberer. And you can thank your little friend for that last tidbit. I now know your weakness.”
“I have no weaknesses. And I will not be fooled by you, alterer.” I said, stressing the last word.
“Everyone had weaknesses, my dear. Zundy’s is you. She gave that away in a burst of anger during our little chat.”
“And what might my weakness be?”
“Yours, my dear boy, is Zundy. It may please you to know that she is trapped without anyone to save her.”
Don’t listen to her, I thought. She is just trying to trap you.
I sent a message to Zundy. It said simply, ‘Are you okay?’
‘Yes’ she replied, with great speed I might add.
“You do not worry me Fira.” I said as calmly as before, if not calmer.
“I should boy. I brought this, remember. Even with only my spirit lurking, I can use my powers.”
But she can do nothing, she can only see and change the future. She can do nothing in the present.
Slowly backing out of the fog, I said to Fira, “I am going now. You cannot harm me, nor can you return to your body to alter my future as you may have done once.”
“Fine. Go boy. I do not need you. You are already at your destination by now. Good luck.” she said, as she faded with the mist.
“Zundy!” I cried, running to her.
I was caught in a trance. I remembered Zahyr sending me a message, and I must have sent one back. Then all I remember is a deep black as I fell against the earth. I could feel Mikra’s breathing as she laid next to me, knowing there was nothing she could do ---- wishing she could help. It was warmth in this cold place I had entered. Where am I? was all I could think.
You are trapped in your conscience.
Who are you?
I am your dream spirit. I was trapped here with you. You must find a way to break us free.
How? I barely know how to use my powers, and they are surely weak.
Think of your best friend. If you think of him, you will be free. Then think of Mikra, and I will be free. They are the keepers of our keys.
Zahyr, Zahyr.... I thought. Slowly, I was freed. By the time I was free, I was mumbling his name. “Zahyr, Zahyr.”
My dream spirit was still trapped, so I was still in a half-trance. “Mikra,” I whispered.
One time was enough. My dream spirit was freed and I slowly turned to Zahyr. He was kneeling beside me with his head in his hands. “I did this,” he mumbled.
“Zahyr,” I whispered. “Zahyr, I’m all right.”
He looked up, then hugged my tightly. I relaxed in his embrace. Hugging him back, I consoled my dream spirit and Mikra. Do you have any idea who did that?
Fira. They said in unison, for they speak only through thoughts.
How?
She traced Zahyr’s message and trapped your dream spirit, therefore trapping you. For a dreamer is nothing without her dream spirit.
But if she trapped me in my conscience, why not trap Zahyr?
She did, Zundy. By trapping you, she essentially trapped him in sorrow. This could happen again to either of you.
How? I asked again, that being the only sensible question I could think of.
Rememberers have a spirit inside them called a Visioneer. If a rememberer’s Visioneer is trapped, they are trapped the same way you were.
How do we prevent this?
You should stay together at all times. Fira cannot attack you both at once.
“Zahyr,” I said to get his attention.
“What is it Zundy?” he asked. “You sound worried.”
And in that instant, I sent him the conversation I had had with Mikra and my dream spirit. His face changed from happiness to worry as he began to grasp the meaning behind the message. “No,” he whispered. “She couldn’t have done this, and she can’t be that powerful. She’s only an alterer.”
“I’m sure it takes a lot of concentration to do, and that is why we shouldn’t be in danger again for a while. But I still think we should heed Mikra’s advice. We need to stay together. Only then will we be truly safe from her.”
“But what about defeating her?”
“That will come later. That is the only time I will leave your side in the next week or so. We have to stay together until she is defeated.”
“How will you defeat her though?”
“I must prime my powers so I can defeat her. The only way is to dream my success. But I must first be able to make things happen. And we mustn’t forget the aliens either.”
“The aliens....” Zahyr said, as if he had forgotten.
“Yes, the aliens. We have to get them on our side before they leave. Tyrox and Gleeple are our best chance at getting earth back.”
We hadn’t discussed the aliens in some time, so I turned from Zahyr to grab the plans from the tree. Looking at the plans spread before us, I knew my markings were wrong immediately. Zahyr was supposed to go with what was obviously Tyrox to speak with the alien commander, while Gleeple and I waited at the beach for them to return.
Meanwhile, Mikra would be, in a sense, healing the metal creatures. They would then aid us in battle, because there was no way the alien commander was going to give up and go home, not with alien invaders from another galaxy coming. When we all met at the beach, Mikra would help Zahyr and I combine our powers so we could fight from the Mother Tree, away from danger. With the aid of the animals whose only real memories were that of aliens embedding armor into their ancestors, we would prevail in the battle. The aliens would head home, the creatures would return to their lives as they would have been before the aliens, Zahyr and I could go on living in peace, and Mikra would be free to do as she wished.
Days came and went, about four to be precise. Then Zundy started thinking instead of priming her powers. I had had no need for hunting, because Zundy would often practice making things appear mere seconds after she thought of them. Usually it saw something small, like an apple or orange, but sometimes she would make a berry bush appear out of nowhere. One day, near the Metal Forest, she had even changed one of the spikes back into a tree.
Seeing her thinking was a welcome sight. Sometimes I thought she was hurting herself by creating things out of nowhere. I knew she needed to practice, but with this break I could send her the legend. I had never gotten to do that with the trap Fira had caused, and then the constant practicing. I walked over to where Zundy was sitting on a tree stump. “Zundy,” I said, placing a hand on her shoulder, “I think this is really overdue.”
After I had sent the message, her face changed from wonder, to amazement, to shock, and then again to a face of sheer concentration. I was curious as to what she had gotten from the legend that I hadn’t. “What are you thinking about?” I asked.
“I think I know why her spirit wanders, but I’m not sure.”
“Well, why do you think?” I asked, sitting on a stump next to her.
Turning to look at me, she said, “She isn’t at peace because.....oh, never mind. I have absolutely no clue.”
“Oh, well keep thinking about it. Maybe something will come to you.”
I moved away from Zundy because I knew she wanted to be left alone. Mikra and I had actually grown a bit closer in these last few days, so I went over to talk to her. I sent her the legend, it was no harder to send to her then it was to send to Zundy. Well, what do you make of it?
Fira is obviously very afraid of the aliens, but I can’t think of anything that would suggest she isn’t at peace. It’s more like she knows she can only be defeated by the aliens, and is just messing with you to see if you can get the aliens on your side before the week ends.
Can you send that to Zundy?
Sure, Zahyr.
And with that, I knew we had to take action and get the aliens on our side soon. Zundy and I had to discuss tactics before it was too late.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Losberry » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:11 am

ya bro! vamps rule! LOL but if you need any help with a zombie book, i have written TONS! i just now am posting... well, the short crappy version of one, but i have some good ones... you see, anime has corrupted me, im all psychotic now! hehe :twisted: so ya, need any help with zombie invasions and the spilling of the guts, im pretty experienced in those. let the blood spill!
Losberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 am

thanks. I'll keep you in mind when I write the sequel
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Losberry » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 am

:thumbup: thanks, and ill keep you in mind when i wanna write about aliens :D
Losberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 am

this is my first time writing about them, actually. I'm glad you like it
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Losberry » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 pm

:D no prob
Losberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

alyworld - my sequel to Can You Reason With Treason will be started shortly. please PM me any advice you can give me about writing about zombies
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyGalleth » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Doin' some late night writing, too? :lol:
----------John Watson----------
We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!

_

_

_

_

_
We solve crimes, I blog about it,
he forgets his pants

Signature By Crimson_Raven
LadyGalleth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 pm

not really. I was exhausted and went to bed at 6, so now I'm awake. Its a little after 3 in the morning, by the way. I've been on since about midnight
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---