{ INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What grabs your attention on a book cover?

I usually look for people on book covers - I like the personal note of them.
8%
I like simple covers, with colors or an easy background.
12%
I love book covers that have one object on them.
8%
I could really care less.
3%
Something different - out of the ordinary.
34%
I love books that look shiny!
6%
So long as the inside description is good, I really couldn't care about the cover.
26%
#Idkwhatsgoingonhere
3%

Total votes : 407

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby epimetheus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:57 pm

question - am i automatically accepted?
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabmorgan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

All new members are automatically accepted.
If you post a form, you are a member.

yups, you are c:
╔════════════════════════╗
ImageImage
★☆★☆★
toyhouse
trades
writing shop

╚════════════════════════╝
arabmorgan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoruakat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Ok so I worked on it some more here's a snipet...

With a smirk, Zorua recognized her Master trying to stop her. She was so close to the exit, she could see it. Zorua'd be the first one let out of the game. I did it! She though gleefuly, a meter away from the door. Suddenly, her power bar was cut down to half. She turned around slowly, expecting Ginger to be standing there, holding his infamous Shocker Ray. Instead, Zorua saw Echo, her Master, and screamed.
"I won't let you get away. Not after what you did." He growled.
She simply glares, and turns around, reaching her hand out to the door knob, fingertips barely touching it.
Echo sighed, raised the Shader Ray, and shot the 17 year old girl.
"Sorry." He muttered, walking through the exit, and transporting Zorua back to the start. "No need for you to give false hope."

Zorua Kat woke up, and rubbed her eyes. She recognized this room. It was the Start. She cursed under her breath, and looked around.
"I'm alone." She realized out loud. "No Noobs today... I should get to first checkpoint quickly!"
Zorua jumped up, and grabbed her electrified sword. Same effect as a Shcoker Ray, twice the fun. So with a quick flick of her hair, she ran out, climbed a tree, and used her leafy branches to avoid the terestial traps.
Suddenly, a flame hit her tree, and she recognized Stevon, and his FlameMachine23.
"Looks like you came back for goodies, too!" He smirked, aiming his gun.
Zorua rolled her eyes.
"No, stupid. My Master sent me back here when I made it to the Exit!"
Stevon froze.
"Made it to the Exit?" He echoed. "So it's true, the rumors I mean, you're our hero?"
Zorua jumped down, and flipped the boy.
"No! Ugh, you guys are all the same!" She shouted in annoyance. "Does this body look like a dudes to you? Huh? I'm a heroin! Girl! Geez!"
Stevon sat up, and rubbed the back of his head.
"Yikes. You're a fiesty one... It'd be smart to have you as an ally..."
"What does that mean?" Zorua snorted. "You still have a crush on me?"
Stevon shook his head, blushing.
"No, it means I want to live. And I need your help to do so." He mumbled, embarrased.
Zorua smiled, and suddenly her temper disappered.
"Fine. You've got yourself a deal."
Zoruakat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rebel Faery » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Any help?

.:Invisi:. wrote:Also, I've run into a bit of writers block at the moment.I'm working on a fan-fiction series (since I find that the more fanfics I write, the better I become at it ((writing, that is))) and I've run into a bit of trouble with the planning of the third book. In the first book, the four main characters are introduce and discover a secret chamber beneath the school, waiting for them. The founders of the school built it to house their biggest enemy, which would only reveal itself when four students pure of mind and heart enetered the school, with the ability to defeat the enemy. So the four characters go inside and battle one of the bad guys (let's call her Milli) and she escapes, looking for a way to free her husband from his glass prison (a small crystal skull). In the second book Milli makes a reappearance, this time filling in for one of the teachers that had a nasty accident over the summer and is in hospital. The main protagonist recieves a letter from his aunt telling him to watch his younger cousin, who doesn't seem to be settling in so well. So after a bit of stalking the four discover that Milli has bewitched the cousin (Let's call her Lu) into helping her. The climax of the book is the main 4, as well as the main charrie's family, battle Milli in a secret room. Milli was after something the whole time- a belt dating from Roman times. When she touches it and says two ceryain words the belt will release the spirit of its original owner- a Roman soldier named Marcus- who can then free any spirit trapped in an object. He frees Milli's husband- let's call him Mal- and they battle the group of students. In the end, Milli, Mal and Marcus get away (freeing Lu from the spell), leaving the victorious students to go back up to the main school. They reveal the truth about Milli later that same day, and are backed up by a ghost who knew Milli in her lifetime. Book three starts in the next year, wiuth the main 4 now best friends with Lu. The plot features some high-ranking people disappearing (later revealed to being bewitched my Milli and Mal to join their army), and Lu finds a locket that gives her visions, in which she sees a glimpse of the climax of the story. The climax happens in an abandoned shack by a lake in the middle of nowhere, and the main 4 (plus Lu) are lured their when Milli kindnaps two of the 4's older siblings. In the end, one of the siblings dies, several people are freed from the spell, and the 4, Lu, and one of the siblings get away safely.
I have got several unimportant matters planned for the middle of the book, but I need something to make it more ineteresting. Any ideas? Also, here's a challenge; guess what book the fan-fiction is based on?
My Tumblr
I've decided it's time to move on, and so I've quit CS. It's been a good three years, but, well, as of May 2014, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'd like to say thank you, to all of you. Thank you for encouraging me, inspiring me, and being my friends. I've had so much fun, but this is the end. Seeing as this is my last visit, I've changed my username back to the original, Rebel Faery. It's a name that I no longer go by, but a name I'll always remember. I'm so sorry to every fan of TIAJNAD, to everyone that read my writing, to, well, everyone. But it's time to move on. To make like Elsa and let it go. (I was still on CS when Frozen came out. It feels like so long ago.)
let it go, let it go, and I'll rise like the break of dawn
let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone
here I'll stand, and here I'll stay
let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Rebel Faery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sergeant Nuggeht » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 pm

i know this is sort of off-topic but
    isn't there supposed to be a new thread made after 900 pages?
    we should wait for ʀᴏsᴇ ; to make a new one

▬▬ . . . . ▬▬

Sergeant Nuggeht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vulturous » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Sergeant Nuggeht wrote:

i've seen threads go as far as 914 pages before being remade.
i already replied to this, though, so please do not mini-mod.
i can remake it if it's that big of a deal.
vulturous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sergeant Nuggeht » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:00 pm

» sureile. « wrote:
Sergeant Nuggeht wrote:

i've seen threads go as far as 914 pages before being remade.
i already replied to this, though, so please do not mini-mod.
i can remake it if it's that big of a deal.

oh ohkay
    sorry.

▬▬ . . . . ▬▬

Sergeant Nuggeht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huntress13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 am

Hey guys,

I've come up with an idea for a book but need some help for the main guy and girl. She's going to be quite defiant, fiery but soft and kind as well. The guy will be arrogant and cold, basically the stereo typical high ranking officer. But I'm stuck for names. So far I have Catherine and Alexandria for the girl but none for the boy. If anyone's got a name suggestion that would be great, if it comes with a meaning even better.
Huntress13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoruakat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:12 am

How about Luna Clint for the girl and Sage Hunter for the boy?
Zoruakat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huntress13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:17 am

Not bad
Huntress13