If Only I Knew

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

If Only I Knew

Postby ѕнαdy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 pm

And Life Goes On
Life is hard, and I think we all know it. As a teenager stuck in middle school, I understand everything. Or, at least I have always thought so. At least, I did until that day. That was the day that changed me and my life forever.

Jackson Carter, the best guy in the world according to our teachers, long ago decided to better children’s lives by building a school. Here I am, sitting inside of Jackson L. Carter Middle School, wondering who would be stupid enough to force us through this. I truly don’t understand his meaning or purpose. Why did he have to make us go here instead of George Washington Middle School? That’s where everyone else in my neighborhood goes. My parents just can’t afford it.

“Denver?” Mrs. Archer, who just happened to be my mother and teacher asked.

“What do you want!?” I asked in a rude tone. My eyes were filled with a subtle distaste at this. The lady was a bat out of hell, and who was I to stand in her way? I was Denver Karsen Archer, the new savior.

“Denver!” She said with a gasp. “Go down to the principal’s office!” My mother yelled. I tried to hide a yawn, but failed, and she yelled at me more as I walked out. Jackson L. Carter Middle School was a huge school in the south, which made sense. Families were giant down here. I alone had seventeen siblings, and I didn’t have the biggest family around.

“Hey Dad,” I said with a smile as I slid into the familiar chair. He just sighed and shook his head. The amazing thing about having both of your parents in the school system, especially when the kinder one had more control, was that you couldn’t get suspended.

“Did you say something to your mother again, or was it Mrs. Smith this time?” He asked, already knowing the answer. “Just go to the sixth grade science room. Jett’s giving a lecture,” He finished.

“Thanks Dad. I’ll serve detention if you want me to,” I joked before walking toward Mr. Sacco’s classroom. When I walked in he smiled at me, along with Jett.

“Class, I’d like to introduce you to the best science student I have ever seen, this is Denver Archer. She will be in here quite often,” Mr. Sacco said. His eyes were bright and full of life, showing great care.

“My little sister,” Jett said with a smile just as bright, and even happier.

“Hey,” I said softly, my voice only quivering slightly. Then, I realized how much was expected of me, and how much I could give. I stood taller and looked at each one of them with pride. “I am Denver, and I can help you with anything science related,” I finished.

Anything. The word rushed through my head; trying to find something science related I couldn’t help this class with in some way. Anything. The search continued, even though it hurt to think about it. But the truth was, I could find nothing wrong with the statement. I could do anything.
And here the story begins.
"All we have left in this world,
ImageImage
all we have is each other."
ѕнαdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me