{ INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What grabs your attention on a book cover?

I usually look for people on book covers - I like the personal note of them.
8%
I like simple covers, with colors or an easy background.
12%
I love book covers that have one object on them.
8%
I could really care less.
3%
Something different - out of the ordinary.
34%
I love books that look shiny!
6%
So long as the inside description is good, I really couldn't care about the cover.
26%
#Idkwhatsgoingonhere
3%

Total votes : 407

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:22 am

Username: Christa1910
What we will call you: Christa or Chesh c:
Will you critique other's work?: possibly
Links to your story if you have any: Silver Threads
Anything you want us to know?: Nope ^^
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie-sama » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 am

More new people! :3
    Welcome to Inklings,Chesh!
i'm not crazy... i'm just a little unwell. i know, right now you can't tell
abbie-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 am

thanks! cx
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breath. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:05 am

my first story on I N K L I N G S

Then the Raven Came

I heard a tapping at my window, it was 3:00 am, everyone else was asleep,I heard the tapping again, I got up and walked to my window, there was nothing , but still I heard a voice calling my name. It had been going since I was 8 I'm 16 now and I still heard the voices calling my name and sometimes I hear them chanting or singing nursery rhymes my dad used to sing before, " they" got him. One day he had been in his study writing his latest book "The Shadows Took Them" He was about to reveal who was controlling the shadows when his study filled with shadows and he just disappeared and that was the last time I ever saw him....The Shadows have been following me ever since that day, talking to me, singing to me,threatening me.....The next night I was camping with my friends in the PineWood Forest. All night I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk and suddenly I was surrounded by wolves, snarling, growling, savage,wolves made of shadows, just like in Dads first book " The Beginning of the End" I thought.When the ShadowWolves surround Leaf , she uses necromancy to get them to go away.... For the first time since I was little I wondered what if Dads stories are real? What if there's more to them that meets the eye? In the distance I could here more wolves howling, there were more coming....

I quickly tried to remember everything I know about Leaf, how she found her Necromancy.......But then I realise all of this seemed awfully familiar, like a dream....... "Oh my God" I whisper suddenly realising that I had seen this all before, in my reoccurring dream, the same dream that has been coming since Dad left, and the book oh my god the book, this had all happened in "Beginning of the End" Dad knew, he knew this would happen all his books, were they.... Hints of the Future?..Dad did once tell me a character was based on me...am I Leaf??

The closer and closer the wolves moved in the more I remember, suddenly I hear a voice behind me, "Quick" it says "Put this on". I feel something cold in my hands a ring carefully i hold in up the the moonlight, then I remembered Leaf had a ring to store her necromancy in, was that ring, real?.

WORK IN PROGRESS
breath.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie-sama » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:05 am

No problem! :3 I like your signature by the way. <3
abbie-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie-sama » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am

Free Wolf wrote:
my first story on I N K L I N G S

Then the Raven Came

I heard a tapping at my window, it was 3:00 am, everyone else was asleep,I heard the tapping again, I got up and walked to my window, there was nothing , but still I heard a voice calling my name. It had been going since I was 8 I'm 16 now and I still heard the voices calling my name and sometimes I hear them chanting or singing nursery rhymes my dad used to sing before, " they" got him. One day he had been in his study writing his latest book "The Shadows Took Them" He was about to reveal who was controlling the shadows when his study filled with shadows and he just disappeared and that was the last time I ever saw him....The Shadows have been following me ever since that day, talking to me, singing to me,threatening me.....The next night I was camping with my friends in the PineWood Forest. All night I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk and suddenly I was surrounded by wolves, snarling, growling, savage,wolves made of shadows, just like in Dads first book " The Beginning of the End" I thought.When the ShadowWolves surround Leaf , she uses necromancy to get them to go away.... For the first time since I was little I wondered what if Dads stories are real? What if there's more to them that meets the eye? In the distance I could here more wolves howling, there were more coming....

I quickly tried to remember everything I know about Leaf, how she found her Necromancy.......But then I realise all of this seemed awfully familiar, like a dream....... "Oh my God" I whisper suddenly realising that I had seen this all before, in my reoccurring dream, the same dream that has been coming since Dad left, and the book oh my god the book, this had all happened in "Beginning of the End" Dad knew, he knew this would happen all his books, were they.... Hints of the Future?..Dad did once tell me a character was based on me...am I Leaf??

The closer and closer the wolves moved in the more I remember, suddenly I hear a voice behind me, "Quick" it says "Put this on". I feel something cold in my hands a ring carefully i hold in up the the moonlight, then I remembered Leaf had a ring to store her necromancy in, was that ring, real?.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Would you like critique? :3
abbie-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breath. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 am

Yep Critique away!!!!!!!
breath.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZexerLily » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 am

Username: 949spyro
What we will call you: (a maximum of four.) My username, Heather L., or Brock^^
Will you critique other's work?: Possibly
Links to your story if you have any: http://949spyro.deviantart.com/#/d5s736l http://949spyro.deviantart.com/#/d52zxeb http://949spyro.deviantart.com/#/d4mm0wm I have more stuff, that's much better, that I haven't posted online anywhere, I might share it here.
Anything you want us to know?:
If I'm accepted, can I get a PM saying stating that I was, please and thank you in advance.
Image Image Image Image
||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...|| ||...My avatar gives me life...||
ZexerLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OrangeNeon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:16 am

OrangeNeon wrote:
Snow. It's meaning changes from person to person. Sometimes it depends on where you were raised. Other times it depends on who you are on the inside. There isn't just one definition of snow; there is millons. Maybe even more than that.
To someone raised in a northern town where it snows on a regular basis, like I was, snow is equivalent to beauty. The tiny flakes fall daintly to the ground, covering the ground in a white sheet. It gives you the slight hope that school might be canceled the next day. Even if you don't frolic in the snow like the others, you still feel appreciation towards the snow for getting you out of another dreadful day at school.
Snow gives even the most barren wasteland a sense of beauty. In the deep darkness of night, snowflakes catch every speck of light thrown at them. They appear to be stars falling gracefully down from the beyonds of space. Sometimes you can just make out the shape of the snowflake. Everytime it's something different, they never stop changing.
There's just something about the snow that draws you in and never lets you go. If you come from a southern place and have never seen snow before, it seems to enchant you into never wanting to stop looking at it. Your tan skin feels something it's never experienced before. Coldness. At first it's uncomfortable and you don't enjoy it. But then you feel something else. A tingly, warm feeling spreading from your feet to your head. You realize you have fallen in love with snow.

Could someone critique this? It's an entry for a writing contest where you have to write how you feel about snow.
Looking for all 2010 staff litter dogs. Will possibly overpay.
OrangeNeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie-sama » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 am

Free Wolf wrote:Yep Critique away!!!!!!!

Alright, I might soon. :3 But are the chapters 1 and 2 complete, or are they also WIP?
abbie-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me