{ INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What grabs your attention on a book cover?

I usually look for people on book covers - I like the personal note of them.
8%
I like simple covers, with colors or an easy background.
12%
I love book covers that have one object on them.
8%
I could really care less.
3%
Something different - out of the ordinary.
34%
I love books that look shiny!
6%
So long as the inside description is good, I really couldn't care about the cover.
26%
#Idkwhatsgoingonhere
3%

Total votes : 407

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby kitten; » Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 am

Username:
    kitten;

What we will call you:
    Kitten, please c:

Will you critique other's work?:
    Of course!

Links to your story if you have any:
    None yet D:

Anything you want us to know?:
    I don't have much time to write at all but I'd love to critique some work. c:
kitten;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby like a king. » Mon May 14, 2012 1:53 am

Username:
U and I

What we will call you:
Uni, is fine <3

Will you critique other's work?:
Sure, if the want me to.

Links to your story if you have any:
Maybe some day I actually will. Maybe someday....

Anything you want us to know?:
I'm looking for critique and plots / ideas. I have a few of my own, but sometimes I just get to lazy to out them down. Please, though, if you guys can help when needed, I'd be so grateful.
Last edited by like a king. on Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
like a king.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 am

Hey! I am Snowy! Plain and simple, right?

Hm, you may call me Snow, Snowy, Snowball, etc. Whatever floats your boat!

Well, of course, only if they want me to. I won't if they don't want anybody critiquing it.

Nope, none yet!

Hm...not really! Just that I adore animals and my family owns two animal businesses of our own! I am upsesseded with horses, want to own a ranch when I am older, act in some things, and definitely have writing as a side hobby!

MUSIC EXPRESSES THAT WHICH
CAN NOT BE SAID AND WHICH IT IS
IMPOSSIBLE TO BE
SILENT.

LINKS

characters
letters
story | watching

- converse. is my sister. do not ban us!
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katniss, » Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 am

Username: {. κ α т и ι s s .}

What we will call you: Kat, snowie, snow, or Katniss.

Will you critique other's work?: Of course I will! c:

Links to your story if you have any: Invincible {futuristic hybrid novel} || It is still a wip, and the first chapter is under construction, but I would love for you guys to critique the idea.

Anything you want us to know?: Nothing realllllyyyy... Besides the fact that once I get attached to a novel/story I will obsess over it in an unhealthy fashion. o.e
ImagexxImage
♕ ♕ ♕Image
ImagexxImage
katniss,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videlicet » Mon May 14, 2012 5:47 am

Username: Viszla7
What we will call you: Feel free to call me Viz.
Will you critique other's work?: Of course! C: I love giving critique, and being generally helpful. I'm extremely nit-picky, though. My reviews will tend to be extremely lengthy.
You will also have to specify the 'harshness' of my critique, as well as the area(s) you would like me to be extra-picky in (unless you'd prefer general critique). xD
Links to your story if you have any: All my stuff on here is old and sucky -I prefer to write with pen and paper, and, thus, most of my works are crammed into the drawers of my desk (I swear, it's overflowing!). I'm thinking of getting some of my new works typed up, but I am a notorious procrastinator.
But, if you insist, here is a collection of my old stuff: Here.
Anything you want us to know?: Well, I have spurts of activity and inactivity -some days I'll be on for hours, and, then I'll disappear for a while. D:
I have a reputation as a 'Grammar Nazi', and I've been told that I write like someone at least twice my age. (I don't quite believe that, though.)
As well, I love to read -a lot. It's as essential to me as the air I breathe. xD My favourite authors are J.K Rowling, Phillip Pullman, Yann Martel, Stephen King, Catherine Fisher, Patrick Ness, Charles Dickens... *prattles on and on for the rest of the day*
Oh, that's another thing -I'm rather prone to rambling.
Last edited by videlicet on Mon May 14, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
on semi-permanent hiatus
(unable to fill any art requests as my tablet is very broken, apologies!)
ImageImage
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
meanwhile the world goes on. / meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes, / over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers. --wild geese, by mary oliver

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
hey, viz here! eternally busy, stressed university student. lover of books, space, autumn, mint chocolate, cats. gay.
my previous username was vizàviz

tracks » deviantart » loc » rp with me
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obscure. » Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 am

Does anyone have any tips for quickly coming up with a good plot/storyline?

Sometimes, when I am required to write a story in class, I come across the problem of writer's block which appears to display itself at any random moment {especially inconvenient ones...stupid writer's block}. I just cannot think of an idea, whatever I do, and it usually results in me almost tearing my hair out in frustration and in a very foul mood with my incapability to write ^^;
I know I should keep calm and think straight, but it's impossible for me when I get to such a point of frustration with my inability to write. I guess it's just the typical symptoms of writer's block...but does anyone have any tips?

Also, do you have any tips for writing under pressure? My stories are usually total garbage when I'm asked to write under pressure, it could relate to the situation above. Overall, I am not very good at working under pressure in all areas, which isn't necessarily a good trait to possess ^^;

Thank you for your help in advance,

~Obscure ♥
obscure.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prodigy. » Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 am

buuuuurrrrnnn
do we have to have a current story that we are writing to apply?
arrivederci, megido.
prodigy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 am

Oh! Now I have a story currently a Work in Progress. It is called Higher. Hope you like the set up, but the Chapter is under construction.

MUSIC EXPRESSES THAT WHICH
CAN NOT BE SAID AND WHICH IT IS
IMPOSSIBLE TO BE
SILENT.

LINKS

characters
letters
story | watching

- converse. is my sister. do not ban us!
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharkbuddie » Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 am

Username: Mickydoodle3 (Might change soon... Kinda getting bored with this name.)
What we will call you: Depends. Recently, I like Lil' Miss Monica. But you can just call me Micky.
Will you critique other's work?: If they allow it, yes.
Links to your story if you have any: I have WAAAY to many! I don't know where to start.
Anything you want us to know?: Well,I go though horrid spells of writer's block.A lot. But please, bear with me. I also have really bad spells of depression. Lots of my stories are dark. Not all, but most.
A B O U
hello! emmy here!
they/
them please.
nonbinary
lesbian.

L I N K S

wip
sharkbuddie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby - serendipity » Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 am

Kat, Viz and Micky all accepted. Thanks for joining!
By the way, Micky if you have any work on CS you could just post one link? You don't have to of course, but so people can read your work if they wish too.

prodigy. wrote:buuuuurrrrnnn
do we have to have a current story that we are writing to apply?

Nope, you don't!

→ ѕ η σ ω у ... wrote:
    Oh! Now I have a story currently a Work in Progress. It is called Higher. Hope you like the set up, but the Chapter is under construction.

It will be added to the front.

Obscure wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for quickly coming up with a good plot/storyline?

Sometimes, when I am required to write a story in class, I come across the problem of writer's block which appears to display itself at any random moment {especially inconvenient ones...stupid writer's block}. I just cannot think of an idea, whatever I do, and it usually results in me almost tearing my hair out in frustration and in a very foul mood with my incapability to write ^^;
I know I should keep calm and think straight, but it's impossible for me when I get to such a point of frustration with my inability to write. I guess it's just the typical symptoms of writer's block...but does anyone have any tips?

Also, do you have any tips for writing under pressure? My stories are usually total garbage when I'm asked to write under pressure, it could relate to the situation above. Overall, I am not very good at working under pressure in all areas, which isn't necessarily a good trait to possess ^^;

Thank you for your help in advance,

~Obscure ♥

I find that when writing under pressure it is easiest to kind of just block out your surroundings mentally and focus only on the pen and paper and then just write. Thus you aren't in a pressuring environment anymore. Also, don't try and force yourself to write- even in those pressured moments. Give yourself the time you need and write when you feel like it and when you have a 'flow'. Just make sure you finish it in the time you have been given >.<

I've been appointed mini-mod by burn. I'm not just randomly accepting people without permission xD
-
-
-
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
Long time no see but I got
my reasons. I'm going to try
and be as active as I was
before but I am not vowing
on my life or anything that
my hiatus is 100% over.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛