{ INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What grabs your attention on a book cover?

I usually look for people on book covers - I like the personal note of them.
8%
I like simple covers, with colors or an easy background.
12%
I love book covers that have one object on them.
8%
I could really care less.
3%
Something different - out of the ordinary.
34%
I love books that look shiny!
6%
So long as the inside description is good, I really couldn't care about the cover.
26%
#Idkwhatsgoingonhere
3%

Total votes : 407

Re: { INKLINGS } A Thread For Writers

Postby broodingtulip » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

OK, so, we're all accepted, right?

I usually wing it. I get an idea in my head and just start...writing. I let my creativity come out. Although, I might just plan for my newest story (which I just started after I joined, I'll give a link in a bit) called Hidden by the Shadows, as I want it to be published once I finish and edit it. Though it's very unlikely. So really, most of the time, I have no more knoweledge of what will happen next than the readers. That is, until I start writing. =D
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharkbuddie » Mon May 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Wing it of course! Plans are to hard to follow. Plus, you can throw in whatever if you wing it!

SPONTANEOUSNESS FTW
A B O U
hello! emmy here!
they/
them please.
nonbinary
lesbian.

L I N K S

wip
sharkbuddie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magnet » Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Foxclaw wrote:What do you guys think of these?

Me:Hello Everyone.I'm making a FlippyXFlaky fanfic,and yes,it's in Anime Version.Enjoy,and Splendont,want to do the disclaim?
Splendont:Well,first of all,I don't see why I should be the first one to,second you KNOW Nutty's been bugging you about being the first one,and I'm lazy,plus I'm in a bad mood and tire-
Me:OK...you know what...you talk too much...Nutty?
Nutty:YAY!Wolfhomeluver98 does not own any Anime,or HTF.She wishes she did though.
Me:Yea....I do....*Cuddles HTF plushies.*
Shifty and Lifty:ONWARD TO THE STORY!
Me:*Thwaks*Shut it!Enjoy readers!
Flaky sighed,watching the guest after guest pile into the huge party room at Flippy's parents Mansion.It was his birthday,and his parents were out of town.Trouble was written all over the green-haired boy's face as he walked over to Flaky,grinning.

"Hey Flakes."He said,smirking broadly,giving his best friend a bear hug."Thanks for helping out,you having fun yet?"He asked,twirling her around.

She sighed,holding on to him as she almost slipped."Well....there are 200 or more people here,and of which my only friends that are here are you.And Nutty,Splendid,Splendont,Lifty,Shifty,and Lumpy.And everyone else hates my guts for being your best friend."She said,looking up at him with an annoyed expression."So,not too well."

He frowned,and let her go,sitting her in a chair,and sitting beside her."Aw!Your supposed to have fun at party's,Flakes!"He pouted,and crossed his arms.He made an fake-angry face,his smile returning when she rolled her eyes.

"Not nessacerally."She said,twirling a strand of hair around her fingers,not meeitng his gaze.He frowned,then looked up at the stage,a big grin lighting his face.He stood up,and tugged at her arm.

"What?"She asked,looking at him.

"Come'on!"He said,smiling."Sing!"

Flaky's eyes grew wide,and she stared in horror at the stage."What?!No,Flippy,wait!I can't!"She yelped,as he drug her along to the stage.

"Why not!"He said,turning to her with pleading eyes.

"I...I'd embaress myself."She said,and looked at her feet.

"Aw,Flakes!I'll be up there with you."He said,still pleading.He wrapped her in a hug."It doesn't matter what they think anyway."

Flaky sighed."Ok...I'll sing."She said,letting him drag her onto the stage.

"Hey Partyers!Flaky's gonna sing."He tossed her the mike,and she missed,it hit his on the shoulder."Ow!"She said,glaring at him.

"Oh....uh,oopsy!"He said with a checky grin.

Flaky took the mike,and started to sing.

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place,
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you?
Do you ever wanna run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room
With the radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you're screaming?

No, you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
Welcome to my life

Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over?
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With their big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you're bleeding

When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

To be hurt
To feel lost
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

No one ever lied straight to your face
And no one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I'm happy but I'm not gonna be okay
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
You never had to work it was always there
You don't know what it's like, what it's like

To be hurt
To feel lost
No, you don't know what it's like (What it's like)

To be hurt
To feel lost
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life

She ended the song.

Giggles called out,"Though you'd get someone who could sing!"She said,and everyone started laughing.

Flaky tried to wipe her tears away.

"Flak-"Flippy began,but was cut off.

"I told you I didn't want to sing.Don't you listen!"She shouted,and lept off the stage,and towards the door.Flippy pushed his way through the crowd,and when he caught up,he grabbed her arm right before she could reach the door.

She turned to glare at him,eyes blazing.He however ignored this fire,and wrapped his arms around her.

"Leave me alone."She growled,trying to push him away.He met her face,giving her a sad look."I'm sorry."He almost whined,bottom lip trembling.

"Baby be your hero....."

Allie stared at the night sky,mesmerized by the colorful lights that danced around themShe gasped in awe,as the sharp flip of light shot past them.She closed her eyes,muttering a unheard wish.

"It's amazing,isn't it?"A voice beside her called out.

She turned to face him,eyes shining.She pressed her nose to the side of his face in a friendly manner."Oh,thank you Sesshomaru!It's perfect!"The white wolf smiled at her warmly,turning his face so that their noses touched.
She quickly turned her face away,blush deeping her brown cheeks.She looked up at him again,tears of happiness briming in her eyes.He smiled,and wiped them away."I'm really glad you liked it."She nodded,and leaned against him.
"Best birthday present so far."She agreed,licking his cheek.He smiled happily,and placed his head atop of hers.His ears flicked back,hearing a twig snap.

He let out a sigh."Izaya,stop trying to sneak up on us."

"Told him he sucks at sneaking."A snappy voice called out.Shizou stepped out,followed by Izaya in his jacket."Having a good birthday sis?"He asked Allie,who smiled at her adoptive big brother.

"Yea,I am."She smiled,and padded over,thunking Izaya on the head."Stop trying to ruin my birthday."

Izaya frowned up at her."I'm not!Shizou said it was time for us to give you your birthday present from us."
Allie frowned."Y ou both decided on a present for me?HOW?"Sesshomaru snickered behind them.
Padding up to stand beside his mate,he grinned."Lets see it,shall we?"

Shizou nodded,and led them toward the island.Snarling broke out behind them."Wha-"Allie was cut off,as teeth met her scruff,and someone dragged her on the ground,slaming her against a tree.

Her back snapped,and blackness filled her mind.

~|~|~|~|~|~||~|~||~|~||~|~||~||~|

"Would you dance,if I asked you to dance?"

Flaky sat alone in a bus seat,shaken to the bone.*What if they find us!What if they kill us?!*She thought aimlessly,and yelped as a paw touched her shoulder."Flaky?"A calm,cool voice asked.She looked up at Flippy,who was satanding beside the seat,making a sad attempt at a smile."Uh,Flippy,yea?"She said,blinking,completely lost in his grass green iris's."Can I sit here?"He asked,and Flaky nodded."Yea,sure."She gave him a halfhearted smile,and sat,staring out the window.She turned her head,and Petunia and Giggles boarded the bus.They both stopped at her seat,glaring at Flippy.Giggles looked at Flaky with a worrided expression."Why are you sitting with him?"Petunia growled lowly."Lets go.If she wants to die,its her problem."SHe snorted,and the two walked to their seat.Falky turned to Flippy,who's ears were back.'Flippy,I-"He cut her off."No,it's fine.Their right anyway."He wimpered sadly,and lowered his head."Flippy."She mummered."Can I sit by the window?"He asked,looking up."Yea,sure."SHe said,and scooted over to lets him to the window.She sighed.For most of the ride,Flippy sat with his head out the window.

Suddenly,she heard a slash,and the smell of blood flilled her nose.She turned,and with a yelp,Flippy felt into the seat."Flippy!"She barked in horror,and lay beside him."Fl-Flippy?"SHe asked.He looked up,one eye closed and bleeding,and the other open wide in fear."Flippy!"She said,and started licking his wound away.She lay nest to him,falling asleep.A smile spread over her lips as he licked her forehead.
magnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videlicet » Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 pm

{ ᵉᵛᵉʳᵐᵒʳᵉ } wrote:
      Goodness. .-.
      I will add all of you to the list tomorrow. I have run out of patience this evening. xD
      So. I have a question for all of you.
      * Do you plan, or wing it? And why?

Hmmm... Good question! I do both, actually. I tend to wing it more often, though, because I'm a rather impatient person, and my muse comes in spurts. If I have an idea, I have to write it that very moment, or not at all. Usually. I mostly write short stories, anyways -there isn't really a lot of planning that can be done. xD
When I do plan, though, I do it extensively. I seem to be a person of extremes, writing-wise. I'm currently plotting a novel, and I have pages upon pages of character bios, setting sketches & notes, plot ideas... It's in quite a state of chaos, actually.

Speaking of novels... Is anyone participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, or just regular NaNo? I'm doing the June one this year -November is always too hectic. D: Coincidentally (well, not really), the novel I'm planning right now is the one I'm going to be drafting for NaNo. Nineteen days to get everything orderly!

(I apologize for typos, or ineloquence, or anything like that -I'm writing this on my Kindle. xD)
on semi-permanent hiatus
(unable to fill any art requests as my tablet is very broken, apologies!)
ImageImage
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
meanwhile the world goes on. / meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes, / over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers. --wild geese, by mary oliver

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
hey, viz here! eternally busy, stressed university student. lover of books, space, autumn, mint chocolate, cats. gay.
my previous username was vizàviz

tracks » deviantart » loc » rp with me
videlicet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat. » Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

{ ᵉᵛᵉʳᵐᵒʳᵉ } wrote:
      Goodness. .-.
      I will add all of you to the list tomorrow. I have run out of patience this evening. xD
      So. I have a question for all of you.
      * Do you plan, or wing it? And why?

I usually plan ahead, then once I get going on what I had plans I just add more ideas and whatnot.
mostly because... I just think it is easier to write a story when you have the layout all ready for you. (:
;; fandom blog x ;; dragons x
Kat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prodigy. » Mon May 14, 2012 2:15 pm

i do both, i guess. i get an idea in my head, vaguely map it out and then wing it from there. i'm a naturally unorganized person, so putting everything in its proper spot before i begin writing is NOT fun lol. i dont write out a plot or develop my characters or anything, i just go with the flow B].
arrivederci, megido.
prodigy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ѕнαdy » Mon May 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Username: Sᴏ Bᴀᴅ
What we will call you: Shady
Will you critique other's work?: Oh yes.
Links to your story if you have any: Stand Up Fly OBAS Beat the Drum. Knowing
Anything you want us to know?: I probably won't finish any of these.
"All we have left in this world,
ImageImage
all we have is each other."
ѕнαdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

My Current Project, Hidden Behind the Shadows

Ya, this is the one I'm going to finish and hopefully get published =D Hopefully!
I would love for someone to [size=150]PM
me some reviews, critiques and comments! Thankyou![/size]
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby R0be0 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:32 am

I sometimes plan it, but usually I'll wing it. Like with poetry- I never plan, but with short stories/novels I'll usually make a basic scale of things that I would like to have in it. But I never fully plan, to me that defeats the purpose of writing. It's about being spontaneous, right? Well that's what I think. :3
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
R0be0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obscure. » Tue May 15, 2012 4:00 am

h u r r i c a n e. wrote:
Obscure wrote:
[size=95]Does anyone have any tips for quickly coming up with a good plot/storyline?

Sometimes, when I am required to write a story in class, I come across the problem of writer's block which appears to display itself at any random moment {especially inconvenient ones...stupid writer's block}. I just cannot think of an idea, whatever I do, and it usually results in me almost tearing my hair out in frustration and in a very foul mood with my incapability to write ^^;
I know I should keep calm and think straight, but it's impossible for me when I get to such a point of frustration with my inability to write. I guess it's just the typical symptoms of writer's block...but does anyone have any tips?

Also, do you have any tips for writing under pressure? My stories are usually total garbage when I'm asked to write under pressure, it could relate to the situation above. Overall, I am not very good at working under pressure in all areas, which isn't necessarily a good trait to possess ^^;

Thank you for your help in advance,

~Obscure ♥

I find that when writing under pressure it is easiest to kind of just block out your surroundings mentally and focus only on the pen and paper and then just write. Thus you aren't in a pressuring environment anymore. Also, don't try and force yourself to write- even in those pressured moments. Give yourself the time you need and write when you feel like it and when you have a 'flow'. Just make sure you finish it in the time you have been given >.<

Thanks for that useful information, I really appreciated it c:

As for me, usually I just wing it. Of course, I'll have some idea of what I'm going to write in my head, but I'll just throw things in as I go along- it's a pretty disorganised way of writing xD
obscure.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me