Mistclan - a warriors fanfiction

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Mistclan - a warriors fanfiction

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 am

pic by CitizenFresh on DeviantartImage
proloɢυe

Mistclan lay in ruins. New-leaf was only just coming, the first animals in hibernation were stirring, the first fresh grass was pushing through the melting snow. The clan had been thriving, there had been new kits born, and the fresh-kill pile was finally starting to fill up again. Had been.

If there hadn’t been the avalanche that flooded the camp at sun-high one warm New-Leaf day. The day had started normally, no different from all the other New-leaf days in that year. Patrols were sent out while kits tumbled around the camp. It was a large clan, with excellent hunters, the reason twhy most of the clan, except a few that had fallen sick, had survived the past Leaf-bare.

Eaglefeather, Mistclan deputy, had come back from hunting patrol, a marmot, one of the first that year, in his jaws.

I dropped my prey onto the gradually growing fresh-kill pile .It almost physically hurt to let it drop down, to take the taste out of my jaws. But everyone would welcome the prey, especially the hard-to-catch marmots. Fighting with myself, I backed away from the fresh-kill pile, and then to it again; there would be more marmots this New-leaf, in fact they were easier to catch in this season because most were still sleepy from their hibernation. Eventually, my problem was solved by three kits; Blackkit, Echokit and Stonekit, 4 moons old. They had barely known warmer days, and could be seen outside every day, from sunrise to sundown, basking and playing in the sun, along with the two younger apprentices Duskpaw and Ashpaw. On days the weather had decided to turn they would sit in the entrance of the nursery, staring out wistfully into the rain or snow, occasionally praying to Starclan for sunshine. The lucky things. They could sit there in the well-isolated nursery, with dry pelts and warming themselves by their mothers tummy, dreaming of being a warrior. They would feel exactly the opposite way soon, like I would on those days; dreaming of being a kit again, warm, dry and lying by my mother, who had long departed for Starclan.

The kits simply grabbed the marmot and started dragging it to the nursery. ”what do you think you are doing?” I asked quietly. They wilted under my stare, and I realized I’d sounded too sharp, too intent of getting the marmot for myself. “I-it’s for Cindershadow and Swiftfoot” Echokit, who, despite that fact that she was the smallest, was the boldest of the three replied. “Go on then” I sighed. All three smiled and continued dragging the marmot to the nursery, which was almost as large as one of them.´
I found a smile slip onto my face as a turned away, towards the camp entrance; I had heard the border patrol arriving. Not that it was really important in these mountains. Very few cats lived here, except us. I think it is almost impossible to live in these mountains alone, or even with a few allies. Most cats simply crossed over the mountains, often encountering our clan and, half-starved, ask for help.

It was a rumbling that told me something was wrong. At first I ignored it, and turned to the patrol. There has been nothing out of the ordinary, just a few small avalanches throughout the territory our ancestors had established a long time ago. It should have warned me. I still ignored it, Starclan knows why, but I did, until Bramblemask cried out and gaped at the mountain towering above our camp. I turned around, a sinking feeling in my stomach.
There it was; the source of the rumbling, the source of Bramblemasks terror. An avalanche. I should have known what it was, I should have looked up earlier. But there was no time for this “Avalanche!” I screeched, and throughout the camp every cat froze.”Evacuate the camp!” Hawkstar said, loudly, with the authority of a leader, and with a slight touch of panic to it, but still fairly calm, considering the situation.

Every cat moved to the entrance, but it was too narrow for more than two at a time. The kits were still struggling out of the nursery along with their mother. The Elders, Hazeclaw and Icestorm, seemed to have accepted their death, and had not even bothered to move to the entrance, only standing to quickly nudge Echokit to her mother. I was amazed by their calmness in the face of death. I was torn, once more whether to run to the entrance away from the avalanche or to wait until the others had passed. Glancing once again at Hazeclaw and Icestorm, I made my decision.

I ran towards the entrance , which had now become the only exit.
”Get out next” I told Hawkstar, and when he protested I followed through the hardest decision I had ever made in my life. “I’ll see everyone out” I answered, pushing my leader through the entrance after his kit, Eaglepaw. He had seen his mate die already, many moons ago. The avalanche was nearing, but half of the cats were still inside. The air was full of mews of misery and farewells. I spotted the kits still inside camp. Why hadn’t Hawkstar sent them out first?

I was about to ask why they weren’t going when Cindershadow met my gaze, and I understood. She had never recovered from her father’s death, and her mates death short afterwards. She no longer had a will to live. Not to the point of purposefully throwing herself from the mountaintop, but she was in enough inner pain to help other cats out of camp before herself. But her kits could go, couldn’t they? No...

She would never leave them, and in a way this was selfish to them, but to loose their mother at this age, and to see so many deaths seemed a harsh destiny for ones so young. Starclan would judge Cindershadow for it, but I don’t know how harshly. All know the pain of loosing someone, and seeing the ones they loved break apart because of their passing.

The avalanche arrived.
Last edited by crescent + cheep on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

note; crescent is ill & frustrated
crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: . . .mistclan. . .

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 8:34 am

αll yoυ ɴeed тo ĸɴow

ϟ The pictures are not mine, all credit goes to the various artists.
ϟ The idea of warrior cats is [c] by Erin Hunter. Full credits go to her for the idea - this is only a fanfiction.
ϟ This is my own work, do not steal it, please.
ϟ Please do give constructive critique, and tell me what I can improve.
ϟ Don't flame here, please. If you don't like the series, or my fanfiction, or both, then just keep your mouth shut and don't even click on this thread. No-one wants to hear [or rather read] you hate on this thread, least of all myself.
ϟ No spam, please. I'd like to keep this thread free of posts like "I LOVE WARRIORS!" etc.
ϟ I don't go by the usual rules of warrior cats, for example, the deputy may, or may not be appointed shortly after the other ones death, and sometimes leaders brood for moons about their next deputy.
Last edited by crescent + cheep on Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

αlleɢιαɴceѕ of mistclan.

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 am

αlleɢιαɴceѕ

ℓєα∂єя
Hawkstar

∂єρυту
N/A

нєαℓєя
Mossnose

нєαℓєяѕ αρρяєηтιcє
Rosepaw

ωαяяισяѕ
Foxheart
Shadowlapse
Leopardgaze
Whiteye
Icewing
Bramblemask

qυєєηѕ
N/A

αρρяєηтιcєѕ
Featherpaw
Duskpaw
Poppypaw

кιтѕ
N/A

єℓ∂єяѕ
N/A

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”

ѕocιαl

mates:
Bramblemask ❤ Leopardgaze

family:
Duskpaw and Poppypaw ► siblings
Rosepaw and Featherpaw ► sisters

mentors:
Leopardgaze » Duskpaw
Icewing » Featherpaw
Foxheart » Poppypaw
Mossnose » Rosepaw

Last edited by crescent + cheep on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 am

looĸ тo тнe ѕтαrѕ
ℓєα∂єя
N/a

∂єρυту
♂ Eaglefeather - died in the avalanche

нєαℓєя
N/A

нєαℓєяѕ αρρяєηтιcє
N/A

ωαяяισяѕ
N/A

qυєєηѕ
♀ Cindershadow - died in the Avalanche
♀ Swiftfoot - died in the Avalanche

αρρяєηтιcєѕ
♀ Ashpaw - died in the Avalanche
♂ Skypaw - died in the Avalanche

кιтѕ
♀ Echokit - died in the Avalanche
♂ Blackit - died in the Avalanche
♂ Stonekit - died in the Avalanche

єℓ∂єяѕ
♂ Hazeclaw - died in the Avalanche
Icestorm - died in the Avalanche

ωє нσησя συя αηcєѕтєяѕ
"To be a star, you must shine your own light,
follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness,
for that is when the stars shine brightest

We honor our ancestors above all, they are our predecessors, they should be in out thoughts and to them we look in the hardest of situations. It was them who made this clan great, who ensured we, the next generation, would survive. They guide us in our dreams, they are our models, we do are best to follow their pawprints in our lives, and they are the ones that heal us when we are injured.

We die in peace, for we know we will meet our clanmates again, in the ranks of starclan, where there are no disturbances, no catastrophes, no fighting, only peace. Even though we know we will come to this place when our time is over, we fight to survive, and if we cannot all live, we will save others before ourselves, making sure as few cats as possible are taken by the forces of nature, or by other dangers we face.

"Ancestors shed a powerful light on their descendants, and
forbid the concealment either of their merits or of their demerits"
Last edited by crescent + cheep on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am, edited 11 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 am

coɴтeɴтѕ

proloɢυe
cнαpтer 1
Last edited by crescent + cheep on Tue May 29, 2012 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cнαpтer 1
❝No matter how dark the night, somehow the sun rises once again and all shadows are chased away❞

The avalanche had been two moons ago. The dead had been buried, vigils had been held, and the camp was being rebuilt. All cats helped fetch brambles, fern, moss, and other plants from the valley to rebuild - and then reinforce - the broken dens and camp's border.

I watched my clan mates scurry around the almost totally destroyed camp. A miserable sight. A sight that had sent a wave of hopelessness through my body when I had first seen it. We had buried the dead two moons ago after digging them out of the snow that had remained after the avalanche. They rested in Starclan now, watching over us with the rest, even though they had a home there, it would be many moons until the grief disappeared from the living cat’s eyes.

“Shadowlapse, Whiteye please go hunting, and take Featherpaw with you!” I told the two cats who had been working on the warriors den. They nodded, and called Featherpaw from the other side of the camp. Duskpaw got up from his rest and replaced his Clanmate, working alongside Leopardgaze and Foxheart on the outer camp barrier. He was the only male apprentice in Mistclan, after the death of his brother Skypaw. His sister, Poppypaw, was travelling down into the valley collecting more material for the dens and barrier, along with Icewing. Rosepaw, Featherpaws sister, was out with her mentor Mossnose, collecting herbs to stock up the partially destroyed store in the healers den.

I jumped down from my perch atop a large rock that had been discovered after the avalanche, and helped Bramblemask repair the Apprentices den. She smiled at me gratefully; her paws were flecked with blood from the work and from carrying brambles up and down the mountain. Half of the den, if you could still call it that had been washed away. We usually had very few apprentices at a time, so instead of rebuilding the den to its fullest we were going to rebuild a part of it, so it became shorter than before. The smaller size would also help keep it warm in leaf-bare.

As I worked, I thought of what still had to be done, apart from rebuilding the camp. New mentors would have to be assigned to those who had lost their former ones. Poppypaw had lost Swiftfoot, and Featherpaw, had lost Eaglefeather, who had also been my deputy. Eaglefeather... I will never forget the moment he pushed me out of camp, telling me he would do my duty and stay in camp, sending all the others out one by one. I admired the quiet state of mind he was in, the courage to accept his death, something I didn’t know he possessed. He would have been a worthy leader after my demise.

I would have liked to say I was in the same state of mind when I ushered the others out of camp, but I have eight lives of my nine still with me, and I might not have died in the snow. But I didn’t have time to dwell on that now. The clan had to be rebuilt, not only in terms of dens and that, but emotionally as well.

As I looked to the sky, searching for the first signs of our ancestors in the barely-visible stars, I realized we had another problem. As if the avalanche wasn’t enough, there was a storm brewing overhead, a vestige of what belonged to Leaf-bare, a force of nature that had forgotten where it belonged. Clouds were towering overhead, growing darker with every second I watched. Well, we could be sure that tonight we would have to shelter beneath the rocks that had fallen into our camp. I focused on repairing the den again, alert for any signs of another avalanche. It was unlikely there would be another one after most of the snow had fallen from the mountain, but you couldn’t be careful enough.

We worked quietly for a while, stopping only to drink some of the water from a spring that lay near our camp. The hunting patrol returned, bringing with them two moles, a marmot and a small mouse.

“Go, eat.” I told Bramblemask, nodding towards the fresh-kill pile that had now been refilled.
“Thanks, Hawkstar.” she replied, weaving the branches she had left into the den, and then fetching herself something to eat. To my surprise, she returned shortly afterwards, with the mouse hanging from her jaws. She smiled and let it drop to my paws, before turning around to find Leopardgaze, the strong, spotted tom who had been her mate for several moons. He was staring at me, something in his eyes I couldn’t quite define; not quite anger, a little mistrusting, as if I had stolen his mate for a few seconds. And there was grief there, too, but it was understandable, he had lost both of his parents; Hazeclaw and Icestorm. He stared at me a moment longer, allowing me one last look in his dark amber eyes, one last try to read them, before turning away to find a dry place to sleep for himself and Bramblemask, for rain was starting to fall.

I looked down at the mouse that lay between my paws, grateful that she had thought of me, as I would have gone hungry that night, so as to not deprive any cat [except myself] of food. By the time I had finished eating my meager dinner, every other cat was already looking for cover, following Leopardgazes lead.

All except Icewing, a grey tabby she-cat, who was sitting a few tail-lengths away from me, staring at the sky, seemingly oblivious to the steadily larger raindrops falling on her pelt. She was Leopardgazes sister, though she looked almost nothing like him. In fact, she looked more like her grandmother, who had died shortly after my birth. Her face, like her brothers, was a picture of grief, and I knew she was watching for a trace of her parents stars. I joined her, brushing against her wet fur, but she gave no sign she had noticed me, continuing to watch the horizon. The day was coming to an end. The sky was already turning from blue to yellow, from yellow to orange, and finally, black.

In that night, I had a dream:
A she-cat stumbled through the mountains, her fat belly betraying her pregnancy to anyone who could see her. But there was nobody there. Apart from her tummy, she was barely a skeleton, held together only by her skin, and the muscles that had brought her this far. She came to a small cave, sniffed inside it, and seemed to decide it was safe, for she entered, groaning softly to herself.

I awoke with a start the next morning. I had recognized the cave in my dream, and I needed to find out if my dream had only been a dream, or if there was really a cat in need there. I don’t know why, I just had to go and see for myself. “Whiteye, Foxheart!” I called “Come with me on a hunting patrol, please.”
Last edited by crescent + cheep on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent + cheep » Thu May 24, 2012 9:29 am

reserved

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat. » Fri May 25, 2012 2:00 am

I LOVE IT! I just don't like reading about kits/queens dying ): anywho, it has great potential <3 (even though it doesn't need any, it is already amazing ;P)
;; fandom blog x ;; dragons x
Kat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crescent + cheep » Fri May 25, 2012 2:24 am

Kat. wrote:
I LOVE IT! I just don't like reading about kits/queens dying ): anywho, it has great potential <3 (even though it doesn't need any, it is already amazing ;P)

Thank you! :)
I know, I don't either, but ..I don't know, it just flowed onto the page ..

I believe in rights for
EVERYONE

crescent + cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me