Livε, Lαugh, Lσvε ♫♥ツ cнαρтεя σηε υρ!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Livε, Lαugh, Lσvε ♫♥ツ cнαρтεя σηε υρ!

Postby Cherry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:02 am

This is a story about a girl who learns how to Livε, Lαugh, and Lσvε. I will be working on it alone, though I said different earlier.
Sadly I was never able to finish this story (in fact, I have no idea what I even had planned out lol except Abigail healing and getting through middle school life and eventually meeting a boy haha) but I was really surprised to reread this thread and find so many people who liked my writing. Thanks for all those compliments, everyone.
This story talks about, and includes, death and grief. Just a note if for some reason someone is reading this years later lol.

ρяσlσgυε
I watched the rain slide down the car window. I always thought the raindrops looked like they were racing each other. Except, they weren't running, they were gliding. It's amazing something that happens so often could still be so beautiful when you really took your time to care. Not that I know much about beauty. At school, almost all of my friends were boys, and I'd rather be in a tree than in the mall. I didn't fit in that well with the girls my age. Except for my cousin, Abigail. We have lots of fun together. She's pretty much my only friend that's a girl. That helps a lot at school. And she's told me that she's glad we go to school together too since she can trust me to have her back even when everyone else didn't a few months ago and Abby's so-called friends decided to just desert her.
The rain gets harder. It gets hard to see out the windows but there isn't any place to pull over on this stretch of the highway.
Suddenly, a truck starts drifting into our lane. Mom jerks the steering wheel and the car skids. Water splashes up from the road in response, making it even harder to see. Mom screams. And I have to admit, I do too. I can just make out a dark shape of a the truck coming closer and closer. I start to pray, and hear Mom's quiet voice, so I know she is too. She honks but it just sounds muffled in the heavy rain.
She reaches for my hand. "I love you, Jessica," she says to me. That's when I know, we probably aren't going to make it.
"I love you too, Mom." I reply, tears threatening to flow any second.

It's funny, when you're dying; you start to think about all the important things in your life. Not the things you think are important, but what's really important. Like my Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa. And Abby. She'll miss me, I know. She's so sensitive, so I know this will hit her hard. Plus, she doesn't have any friends outside of me. Will she be okay? Will Dad?

I grip tightly to Mom's hand and just before I start to cry, there's a crash.
Then nothing.
Last edited by Cherry on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cнαρтεя σηε

cнαρтεя σηε

I've heard stories like this. Losing a loved one. One who would never get to go to the prom, graduate high school, or have a family of their own.
One who had such a bright future ahead, but missed it because someone cut a wrong wire, which resulted in the light never turning on. Or, in my cousin Jessica's case, a driver who wasn't keeping their eye on the road or their foot on the brake. I never thought it would happen to me, though, or my family.
My mom is in her room crying right now. Aunt Melinda was her sister, and she died in the crash too. I heard they died instantly. The truck hit at just the right angle where they didn't feel anything.

It happened on a cold, rainy night. I wish I could have been there to stop it. But I wasn't. And I can't do a thing about it now. It had been a week since I heard the news.
It was a horrible week. My mom let me stay home from school the first two days, but made me come back after that. Kids came up to me randomly to say sorry. It didn't help. What were they even sorry about? That I was gloomy? That they only noticed me because my cousin died? I didn't like talking to anyone. They didn't make me feel better. In fact, they made me feel worse.

The guidance counselor, my teacher, the nurse, and even the principal checked on me. They asked me questions about Jess, ones I didn't want to answer. My few friends tried but soon realized I needed to be on my own. I didn't let anyone see me cry. I felt even lonelier with them gone, but none of them knew how it felt. The only thing they loved that died were plants and butterflies and their cell phone batteries.

I can hear my dad trying to comfort my sobbing mother from the room next door. His voice is quiet and low. What he said must have worked because she was quieting down, though she couldn't slow her breathing yet.
It went in and out, in and out in ragged gasps. Dad says a few more things and I can hear my mom replying, her voice sounding how it does when you've cried for too long.
Their door opens and I hear him help her down the stairs. "Let's get you some tea, Elizabeth." he says.
My mom is a tea fanatic. I like it too so I make my way downstairs also. It was a nice day; Pennsylvania had nice weather in the early fall. My mom's nose and eyes were red, and she sniffed every few seconds, which was annoying Dad and me. Of course I know that's a mean thought so I try to ignore it.
Dad gets a packet of tea from the cabinet, and looks like he's about to grab a mug to heat it up in the microwave.
I give him a disapproving stare; Mom and I like our tea from a kettle. He sighs and turns on the broiler. We sit in silence, each of us trying to find something to say to lighten the mood. Finally, the whistling of the kettle breaks the silence. Dad gets up and pours the tea. I take a sip from the white china cup, and the phone rings. Dad grumbles under his breath, and it almost seems like a normal day. That makes me even more upset.

Will anything be normal? Is it wrong we're trying to move on? I know I can make it through this. But how long is it going to take?
Last edited by Cherry on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Livε, Lσvε, Lαugh ♫♥ツ

Images I'll be using:
ImageImage
Last edited by Cherry on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cherry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Livε, Lσvε, Lαugh ♫♥ツ

Postby Cherry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 am

Reserved
Cherry