Some Wanna Be Novels - Posting open

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Some Wanna Be Novels - Posting open

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 am

Why hello there, it seems as though you have stumbled upon my lonely corner of wanna be novels. You can just call me Hadely, but if that happens to be too long H works just as fine.
I am one of the many wanna be authors on Chicken Smoothie, and sadly my dreams have not yet come true, but I shall not give up til death do us part! Oh I love William Shakespeare's work, he was a genius in his era. Well If you would like to read my unfinished wanna be novels go ahead, I love critique, but I would hate to be insulted.

*Introductions
The 'Novels'
Novel One
Novel Two
Novel Three
Novel Four
Novel Five
Novel Six
Last edited by lennon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
looking for some basic equine art
please pm me
will pay well

"whatever you are, be a good one."

young adult on the west coast
animal enthusiast = border collies, horses, reptiles
music lover = PA!D, NF, Rainbow Kitten Suprise
collecting all rats
donations appreciated

trade✼howrse✼want art of my dog✼Flight Rising✼
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The 'Novels'

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 am

Well I don't really have titles for any of them,
I usually choose a title once I finish it, or something in the middle/plot just screams 'Title!'
So they are just going to be called Novel One, Novel Two ect....
If you have any ideas for a Title just ask.

I have a weird way of writing, so just read this first before saying something you'll regret.
I like to write as though I am second grade, making plenty of grammer, spelling, and captilization mistakes. I don't include much detail the first time around. Once the whole story is done I correct everything and add as much detail as I can possibly cram in. Yes, I know, a weird way of writing, but it is something I like to do.

Introductions
*The 'Novels'
Novel One
Novel Two
Novel Three
Novel Four
Novel Five
Novel Six
Last edited by lennon on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Novel One

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 am

Just a rough draft

I could feel his blood pumping along with mine, as if we were one, which sometimes I think we really are. I don't know why I was so nervous over this one jump. It's just one jump. What is the big deal? Except this was my one ticket into the top riding academy in the United States, and I definitely did not want to blow it. My horse Madd Hatter could feel my excitement, so he picked up on it and was trotting in place. We waited in the side entrance of the indoor arena, several horses and their riders were behind me, doing much worse than me, I tried to zone them out as best I could. But the light bay horse right behind us was starting to buck a little. Soon a groom appeared and grabbed the horse's reins, pulling him so he was standing on all four feet. I turned my head, focusing on the task at hand.

I shook my head as I felt a slight nudge from below, a groom had slightly taped me, letting me know that it was my turn. I watched as he opened the gate for me, and gave a slight nod, motioning me to enter. I nodded my thanks then gave my horse a slight squeeze with my calves. He tried to surge forward but I pulled back slightly with the reins, he got the message and eased off and walked through the gate. I guided Madd to where the three Headmasters sat behind a small table with only three clipboards in front of them. One woman and two men sat there. I gave myself one second to studied them. there faces where plain, if they were showing any emotion then it had to be a frown. I slowed down in front of them, gave them a nod then circled the arena once. I could feel the power of Madd even at his walk, he was bursting with everything I wanted, and more. I gave him the signal and he responded by getting up to a long, smooth canter. I straightened him out and we were on track to the jump. I wasn't that high, only four and half feet. Well it wasn't that High for Madd, he preferred to jump five feet and higher. It was a simply solid jump, but very fancy. I was probably one of the very few used to the top notch jumps because my parents, who are incredibly rich, believed I should deserve nothing but the best. Five strides to go, ....... four.......three......two......one. I squeezed slightly with my knees, and Madd Hatter pushed off from the ground, just at the right moment, well I thought it was the right moment. I shortened the reins, and leaned over his body well stretching my arms out over his shoulders. I would of kept the reins long so Madd could stretch his head out, but as I have been told "That is not professional." But I knew he liked it better that way. I listened to the sound of a hind hoof dragging over a pole, but I heard nothing, juts a soft grunt from my mount.

He landed with a thud and I straightened myself. I slowed him down quickly, he could cool off later, I walked by the Headmasters and gave them another nod. There faces even more in the shape of a frown. Was I that bad? I thought I did well. I shrugged it off and guided Madd to the exit gate, which was the same as the entrance, but on the other side of the arena. A groom opened it for me and my horse walked through it. The groom gave me a small smile, I guessed that he thought I did well. I looked forward again and reached down to pat Madd Hatter's neck. He turned his head to look at me, his brown eyes where shining with the question he always gave me after a circuit of jumps. I laughed, nodding at the same time. "Yes, you did perfectly!" I whispered into his big fuzzy ears. They were almost like a donkey's. My hand ran over the flea bitten white fur on his neck, no matter how many times I brushed him, it always seemed to look dirty. I looked back at the groom, he was young, about 19, only two years older than me. He was still looking at me, still smiling, I smiled back then looked forward again. Madd Hatter walked down the hall, towards the stalls where the temporary horses where stabled.

Once I had Madd Hatter untacked and brushed down I sat down outside his stall for a break. I leaned my head against the perfectly polished wood of the stall door, I closed my eyes for just a second, wondering if I would make it, before someone tapped my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked up into the eyes of a familiar face. His eyes were a soft green with what looked like flecks of grey. His skin was well tanned from many years of working hard out in troublesome weather, he had a crooked nose, probably broken once, maybe even twice before. He had a chipped tooth, but a sweet smile with small dimples, But with his flws he was quite Handsome.He was the groom that had opened the gate for me to exit. I watched him, waiting for him to talk, why else would someone tap me out of a well needed break. he stood there for what seemed like a couple minutes before he said, "Nice job out there. You and your horse have something to give. I'm sure you'll make it." I pushed myself to my feet then brushed my hands off on my old jeans which I had changed into before brushing my horse. "Thank you, but I have tough competition, I doubt I will make it." I replied as I looked at the ground. I was far too shy to look into his eyes again, plus I was far too insecure to admit he would even have the smallest chance of liking me, besides I had my whole career ahead of me. He would just be a distraction. So I pushed the idea of a relationship out of my head for the time being, hopefully it will stay out for awhile.

"Trust me, you guys have something, you should know it yourself." He said, trying to get me to look back into his eyes, but I refused. i lifted my head, but turned my gaze to my horse. "I know we are good, but the question is, are we good enough?" I said quietly. I patted Madd's neck, he looked at me out of the corner of his eye. Once he saw there was someone else he turned so his head was hanging out over the half door. he probably thought he could get a good petting or some kind of treat, but he already got enough from me. The boy, well I should say man, reached over and patted Madd's nose, but did it in a way not to startle the horse. It was a trick only an experienced horse person would know, and I saw it in him. "Of course you guys are good enough." He said with a smile to my horse, at least he gave up trying to get me to look at him. I sighed, giving up on this small arguement with a complete stranger. "I appreciate what you see in my horse, but I am quite busy." I said with a quick glance in his direction, I didn't bother to add the part where it would help if he left. Hopefully he would pick that up on his own. I looked around, knowing that this place was really strict and if this groom was caught talking to me, he could be fired. I think he got the hint because he gave me a slight nod and started to back away. I tried to keep to myself from watching him, but I couldn't. He looked over his shoulder at me, and said, "My name is Carter by the way, and it is not just him, it takes two to get through this business." He called out to me, then he continued to walk away. Was he right? Was I good enough to make it?
Last edited by lennon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Novel One-Continued

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 am

:)
Last edited by lennon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Novel One-Continued

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 am

:)
Last edited by lennon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Novel One-Continued

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

Reserved*
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lennon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Novel Two

Postby lennon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

The Icy eyes pierced right though her soul reaching down, and exploring her inner most secrets. The girl let out a scream, splitting open the silence that held them together. Ryker watched the brown haired girl run away, breaking her gaze. She threw back her head, a sinister laugh escaping from her twisted lips. Her blonde curls seemed to devour her face, covering the eyes that haunted some many of the kids.

The young girl sat in the wooden chair, facing Mrs. Crow's desk. The headmaster of the orphanage shook her head once again, this time a sigh came out, one that was meant for defeat. "I just don't know what to do with you anymore. I punish you, I praise you. I have done all I can, but you just can't seems to cooperate with me," another sigh. The girl just shrugged, her thoughts else where, her gaze lost in the storm outside. She came back to her senses as a tree tapped the window,reminding her this was the end of this place. With no family she had no clue where she would go next. She would just have to wait, she hated waiting.

The droplet of water slowly crawled its way down the yellow rain slicker then fell to the ground, beginging to form its own puddle. All of the kids stood under the shelter of the porch, watching their nightmare leave. They all had no desire to watch Ryker leave, but were forced to by the terrifying Mrs. Crow. Another gust of wind passed through the group of children, the house let out a painful groan.
Mrs. Crow clapped her hands together, mimicking the thunder that was just coming closer and closer. "Alright girls and boys, say goodbye to Miss Ryker, she needs to be on her way." The children all mumbled,nothing audible. All the while Ryker looked into the eyes of the kids, the dreams she haunted. Once she was done the taxi pulled up, nearly soaking her as it came to a halt. Mrs. Crow turned on her heel, nearly falling over her six inch heels. She clumsily opened the rear door, her hand swiftly cutting through the air like butter. The blonde child slid into the car, her eyes aimed straight ahead, her thoughts were empty, along with her heart.

The rain followed Ryker to Ms. Lawson's home for the Socially Troubled.

The blonde six year old with icy eyes had been at Ms. Lawson's for a year now, and every kid there feared her deeply. So much fear ate at the other children that their social troubles got worse the longer they stayed at Ms. Lawson's.
Last edited by lennon on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
please pm me
will pay well

collecting all rats
donations appreciated

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx