Me, Myself and I (Fantasy/Mystery Novel)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Me, Myself and I (Fantasy/Mystery Novel)

Postby xianli » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:14 am

Yeah, here we go again, me trying to start a story. It’s not the starting that’s hard, it’s the KEEP GOING aspect that bugs me. But whatever. I have come up with a short synopsis/blurb sort of thing to confuse you or clear your mind (it’s a confusing story that I thought of 11 pm a few days ago, don’t expect it to be great):

The story of three controversial young people who take up the names of Me, Myself and I since they have no clear memory of their intertwining past and futures.

Wow! That was a short explanation thing (it looked longer on paper). So I have made the main character of the story… *drumroll* … MYSELF!! Woop woop, here is a short character description/confusion of them:

Me is a girl with long (really long) messy dirty blonde hair and doesn’t speak much
Myself is a guy who is unbelievably smug and really really clever and has epic glasses (lol based off Kyoya and Lenalees bro Komuii I LOVE HIM)
I is girl?boy? (tell me) with deep red her which is about my length and is quite confused but brave and naive.

And here is what I have done so far:
Last edited by xianli on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
xianli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Me, Myself and I (not a biography)

Postby xianli » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 am

Prologue (?)

“Ah, come in, come in, sit down.” The man gestured for the person standing by the door to enter, casting a fleeting glance round his richly furnished office. He adjusted the metal plate on his desk, to make sure it was in a perfect position. It glinted in the dim lights, the engraving reading 'Professor Dakora' in large print.
“I'd rather not.” the calm reply, followed by the owner of the voice as composed and harsh as the remark that had just been spoken. Dark ruffled hair, pale skin and thin glasses accompanied with a smart suit that challenged even the professors. He stepped silently over the thick ornate rug to the crimson-cushioned seat Dakora was pointing at.
“Why is that?”
“I have no beneficial reason to be here.”
“Ah, but I do.” The professor bowed his head slightly. “Could you please tell me who you are?” The student smiled amusedly and with one graceful sweep took off his glasses and leant forwards; his piercing blue-grey eyes meeting the warm, kindly ones of Dakora. Almost menacing.
“Can't say,” he replied with a sarcastic, nearly drawling tone as he wiped the lenses with a tissue produced from his jacket pocket.
“Can't say? Or won't say?” The professor retorted incredulously, composure slipping momentarily.
“You decide.”
“Young master, I have sufficient evidence to prove you have no place in my school.” A vein was throbbing in Dakora's forehead, and the youth could tell by just his voice how aggravated the professor was getting. He placed his glasses back on his nose and stood up.
“Why should I care? Professor, you know fully well that's an empty threat and,” He stroked the metal name plate before him as if it was a frivolous joke, “I still do not find this conversation in any way helping my cause.” He turned and made for the door, leaving Dakora open-mouthed and furious in his seat.
“Your cause, you say? What cause?”
“The one to regain my memories of my past and future,” the student looked back at Dakora, flashing a sinister smile before continuing out of the office, “Good day, sir.” He added casually, as the professor fumed silently behind his slender back. His mouth opened and closed silently like a goldfish, his face steadily turning into a colour that strongly resembled a cranberry. After a few seconds of gaping he shook himself and yelled at the long-empty corridor.
“You get back here, filthy little scoundrel!” A chuckle echoed through the professor's office, sinister and playful. Dakora frowned and tried to find where the sound was coming from.
“Not if you paid me.” The professor scowled at the metal plate lying before him, noticing the speaker the student had concealed on the back of it.

Chapter One

“So what of the meeting? Go well?”
“It went well.”
“Huh. You know Dakora's going to chuck you out now.” The scruffy boy who was talking leant back in the grubby sofa, shielding his face with a small hand from the beam of the Sun which came from a large (broken) window. A chilling wind swept through the dilapidated room, blowing the moth-eaten curtains fervently and forcing the other person in the room to button his shirt up. “You going to reply?” the rough voice spoke after a lengthy pause. The speaker rolled his bright eyes and shivered slightly, tapping his bare foot into the other person's side. “Myself? You going to speak? C'mon, I was just stating the obvious.” he added jokingly. The other person sat down on one of the arms of the sofa and pushed the boy's feet onto the floor; moving him into a sitting position again.
“You honestly think so?” He asked the boy nonchalantly, “I only left one speaker in his office.”
“Only one? Myself, that's unlike you.” The boy ran his muddy fingers through his long dark red hair, staring musingly at his companion.
xianli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xianli » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 pm

bump! And please review and tell me what I should improve on - thanks!
xianli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xianli » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 am

xianli wrote:bump! And please review and tell me what I should improve on - thanks!
xianli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Me, Myself and I (Fantasy/Mystery Novel)

Postby xianli » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 am

Bump! Please please please could someone give me some constructive criticism?
xianli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me