Just Dusty | A Tale of a Dog

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Just Dusty | A Tale of a Dog

Postby Strangeness » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 am

Welcome to Just Dusty. This is the story of my dog Dusty and is journey through life. This is based on my two real dogs Biscuit and Dusty. Although their pasts have been made up, this is based on actual happenings to the pair. If you cant tell, I really love my shelter dogs. <3
Each chapter switches from the perspective of Biscuit, Dusty, or Catherine (the owner.) Most names have been changed (all except for the dogs in the story) for security reasons.
If you have any questions, comments, critique or any other feedback, please feel free to post! C: Happy reading!

Table of Contents
Chapter 1 | Dusty
Chapter 2 | Catherine
Last edited by Strangeness on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
I like pink, history and cats. Lololol
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Just Dusty | A Tale of a Dog

Postby Strangeness » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 am

▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪

-Chapter One-
Dusty
That was then, But this is now.
-x-

Caged. I sat in a miserable small cage. I was scared. Human, human bad. Time felt like it was in slow motion.
“He is useless. Send him out. No dogs aloud.” A powerful male voice sneers. I look up to see a large man. He seemed scary and big.
“But, he is a puppy! I trained him to do-“ A little female voice was interrupted. I looked over at Emma. She was my friend. Thick wavy hair framed her tan face. Her eyes were dark and she had freckles, just like me.
“SHUT UP EMMA! We don’t want the dog!” The male voice yelled. That was the final word it seemed. Suddenly a wave of noise hit my ears. It was deafening. Tons of dogs calling out “People! Pick me!”

I returned to my senses. A soft fluffy quilt surrounded me in the corner of my cage. It was safe, it was my temporary home. I must have been dreaming again.
“Oh how cute he is! Look he must be lazy the way he is sleeping!” A loud voice yelled over all the other dogs. It was a female voice just like Emma. It wasn’t a high pitched voice but it wasn’t deep. A kind but strong edge was noticeable in it. I quickly opened my eyes. Maybe she came back for me! I looked up to see a blondish brown haired human stand in front of my cage. Close, but definitely not Emma. Emma was small but this human was a medium sized human and had friendly light eyes. A large smile splayed across her lips as she gazed down into my cage. She was dressed in a dark purple shirt with strange human words on it. Light grey jeans covered her legs and her bottom paws were orange! I had never seen anything like that before. I sighed and caught whiff of her sent. She smelled of flowers and yummy things that made my tummy growl. A hint of a different older dog was on her. Although she seemed very nice I wished she was Emma.
“Oh sis! Look at this dog! His name is Bayou!” The girl called to her side. She looked down at me once more and lifted a few papers on the clipboard that hung from the top of the cage. I didn’t bother to get up or even look at her very much. The shelter was sad. Although there were nice shelter ladies who gave me yummy snacks and squeaky toys, an air of desperation surrounded the place. It was no getting around it, it was true. A few people had looked at me before but none really had the right feel for me. It wasn’t worth getting my hopes up with this one human. I closed my eyes for a moment until i heard a different human come up to my cage. This short and slightly plump human was obviously older and more powerful although she was very different. She had an air of knowledge. What struck me about this one was her dark eyes. They reminded me of Emma.
The shorter dark haired human said as she only glanced down in my direction. I sighed. It wasn’t a big deal. “Cat, he is cute but come look at this blue tick coonhound down there. He is really pretty!” She said to the other girl. The girl’s smile turned to a slight frown and she sighed. The dark haired one promptly as she appeared, walked away.
Despite the obvious dominance gap between the two, the brown haired human looked at me for a moment. She defied her alpha to look at me! This felt right, it felt good. She bent down to my level and kneeled on the cold concrete to look at my face. She smiled sweetly and stuck her fingers barely through the cage wires. She barely touched my nose but a sensation of total warmth took over me. Over the roar of dog barks I heard her whisper a sentence. The most magical sentence I ever heard in my life to this day. “I want you doggy.” She said. Her eyes gave off a lovely feeling of hope. For a moment her face seemed to turn into Emma’s. I blinked and she turned back. The girl stood up and with a grin, she slowly walked to see her alpha.
I closed my eyes for a moment. The warmth spread through my body. From my core to my paws, I felt like I was floating among the sky. Am I sick? I thought to myself as I focused on the feeling. No I knew it wasn’t sickness now. I smiled at myself, I was being silly. The feeling was a great love.
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strangeness » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 am

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪
-Chapter Two-
Catherine
No matter what the flaw, you are perfect to me!
-x-

It’s not that I hate animal shelters, it’s just that they make me sad. I don’t know why but the air of desperation and loneliness overpowers me every time I walk into one. It was mid-march and I was standing in a loud hallway lined with kennels on either side of me. Dogs were barking and wagging their tails. Well, all except one. Although I was walking to meet my sister in front of a different kennel, Bayou the spotted mutt kept flashing in my mind. He was so unique to see in a dog! He had the head of a bully breed, all blocky and droopy. But his body was thin and streamline like a greyhound. It was a weird mix. Finally I reached my sister who was smiling and pointing at me. Her name was Tammie and she was the reason I was even here. The night before, she was trying to pick up our other dog Biscuit from my bed. Biscuit however is scared of being picked up and I told her to stop. In our bicker, my father got mad and finally told us we could get a second dog. I guess arguing can get somewhere sometimes.
“Isn’t he cute?” Tammie asked me as she pointed to the dashing bluetick coonhound that ran around in the cage. I looked at the dog. He was tall and very pretty. His greyish blue spotting looked like a merle collie had thrown up all over him. He was dashing but I felt no emotion towards the dog.
I sighed and frowned. “Yah I guess. But you know who I like? Bayou, that spotted mastiff dog.” I said as I tried to hint on to him. He was just so sweet and lazy and unique! And I felt as though he was mine, although I was sure he would not be. Arguing with Tam never seemed to end in my favor. I guess that was the down fall of being the youngest.
She grunted and frowned at me. “Well its dad’s choice. I bet he will want this coon hound! We will need to change his name though. We already have a B name.” She rambled as she referred back to my current dog. Biscuit or Bee as we sometimes called her was about ten years old. Six years ago we had waited three whole months and faithfully stood by her as she was treated for bad heartworm at the shelter. When we finally got her home, she was my faithful companion throughout my school days and summer months.
“Yah, I guess so...” I said as i turned to walk way to find my father. He was looking at a dashing shepherd mix named Gia down the hall some. I quietly walked over to my dad and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around his bright grey-blue eyes that matched my own smiled at me.
“Hey Catharine. Did you find a dog you like? I know Tammie has her mind set on that coon hound.” He said as he turned fully to face me. My dad was rather short and had olive toned skin. His once jet black hair was now salt and pepper colored, spots of grey and white filtered through his thick but short hair. Like always it was covered by his favorite navy baseball cap.
“Yup! I want that doggie!” I said with a smile as i pointed diagonally towards the dog with the freckles. “His name is Bayou, he looks depressed and he doesn’t bark like the others.” I told him as i reached out and tugged on his sleeve a bit. “I know a quiet dog is very important to you.” I said with a playful wink.
He chuckled a bit and looked over at Bayou. “He does look depressed doesn’t he.” My father remarked and walked over to his cage. The dog looked up at him and looked over at me. “I guess we can take him out to play.” My dad said as he stuck his fingers through the cage wires. I couldn’t help but smile. Point one for team Cathrine!
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxray; » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

Let me just say one thing...
Make More please! c:
luxray;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strangeness » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 am

buahahaha!
Alright I will :3
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mini313 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

This is good... plz make more! :mrgreen:
I'm Leaving CS. Please send me trades as I am getting rid of pets and items.

Bullying? Think you're SO cool? That girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. That girl you just called ugly? She spends hours at home putting makeup on hoping people would like her. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is in the hospital with cancer,dying.Put this in your signature if you're against bullying. I bet more than 96% of you wont re-post,but I'm sure the people with a heart and a backbone will

☻/This is Bob,copypaste him in
/▌ your signature so he can
/ \ take over Chicken Smoothie
Mini313

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strangeness » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am

C: I surely will! I will try to get another post up soon. Thank you for your comments!
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mini313 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 am

noes!! this story is dieing... must/.....bump.....

BUMP
I'm Leaving CS. Please send me trades as I am getting rid of pets and items.

Bullying? Think you're SO cool? That girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. That girl you just called ugly? She spends hours at home putting makeup on hoping people would like her. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is in the hospital with cancer,dying.Put this in your signature if you're against bullying. I bet more than 96% of you wont re-post,but I'm sure the people with a heart and a backbone will

☻/This is Bob,copypaste him in
/▌ your signature so he can
/ \ take over Chicken Smoothie
Mini313

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joypaw » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 am

My goodness, this is dying, you say? Is this even possible? How could a story such as this go to waste...?
Hi, I'm Joypaw. I generally don't come on to trade pets, mostly to draw or write. Currently I am working on a novel called 'The Undergoing Way', and I'd be most overjoyed to hear your opinions on it~! For samples and updates, please check here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2321090
Want a cool avatar/banner, etc.? Go here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1815647
If you ever see yourself doing something you thought you'd never do, please be careful. People do indeed change for the worst if not careful.
Joypaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me