Drifting Angels ~ What if the World Ended~

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Drifting Angels ~ What if the World Ended~

Postby ~Dea~ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey, I suppose we all know about December 21, 2012 right? "Omg the worlds gonna end!!" Yes? Well, obviously, it didn't. But, what if it really DID? Well, I suppose we'll never know. But, anyway, this book is entitled "Drifting Angels" because the people in this book are what I call "Drifting Angels.", they are drifting on an endless loop of the day they all, "died" because everyone on the earth was killed at the exact same time. No one knows how to break it, in fact, no one even knows they are in it, they just continue their daily lives as if the world never ended. They are forced to repeat the day over and over, and its kinda curious how no one notices it, right? Well, one young girl, Kira, DOES notice, and she is determined to break the loop!

I hope you all enjoy, and please rate/comment/answer the poll. :3. I have grown in writing expeirence, so this is probably the best story I have ever written!

Drifting Angels ~What if the World Ended~
Book 1; Prologue

The air is damp and cold....its hard to breath...hard to see. I can barely make out the faint shadows of my bedroom furniture. I hear a scream, it sounds miles away, but yet, like it's right in my ear. Suddenly, I feel the world shudder, as if its having a siezure. Again...and again..and again. I clutch my bedframe, hoping it will stop. I hear a violent crash, and the world falls out from under my feet. I screach as I fall into an endless, dizzying blackness......

Chapter 1

I blink in the faint morning light that is climbing through the curtens of my small apartment bedroom. I stare at the clock beside my bedroom as it blinks in bright red, boxy letters, "9:21". I groan as I pull myself out of bed, stretching my back as far as my spine will allow. I glance at the callander above my bedframe, under "Decemer 20" I had written "End of the World Party. ~ 11:30 p.m." I smiled, a silly little party my friend had put together to mock the scientists saying the world was ending. I hear a horn honk outside, and I walk to the small window at the end of my room. I can barely make out a large blue bus in the distance, the banner on the bus read, "Bus to World Ending Shelter". A line of people stretched around the block, waiting to board it. I pulled open the window, and hollard at the people in the line, "The freaking scientists don't know what their talking about! The world is NOT gonna end today!" A lady in the line shouts back, her voice cracking from what sounds like years of smoking, "The scientists know more than you do you little....." The woman continued to call me all sorts of names, none of them were very nice. "Even if it was, who the heck would take a bus to a shelter! Hello! The world is ENDING! A stupid little bomb shelter isn't gonna save you much time!" I shouted as a matter-o-factly. The lady waved me off, and borded the bus. I rolled my eyes, and proceded downstairs for breakfast.

Chapter 2
As I came flying down the stairs, I heard my little brother whining to my mom, "But MOM! Kira gets to go out tonight! Why can't I!" he said in his little whiney voice that drove me crazy. "What? Kira's not going anywhere!" I heard my mom say as I rounded the corner to the dining room. "Kira!" She said sharply, "Whats this I hear about you going out?" Aww crap! I thought, "Nothing, I'm not going out, I dunno what your talking about!" I said quickly, almost slurring my words together. My mom raised her eyebrows, and folded her arms across her chest, as she always did when she knew I was lying. I gave an exhasperated sigh, "Fine! Jillian is putting together an 'End of the World Party' at her house tonight, and I was planning on going." I mumbled. "What time?" My mom asked. "11:30 tonight..." I said quietly. "Absolutely not! Kiranna Marrie Anderson! You are not going to some silly little party at 11:30 at night! Who knows what goes on at those parties! You'll come home reeling because your so hyped up on whatever drinks their serving! I don't want to deal with a 16 year old daughter who has a massive hangover!" she cried, almost to the point of shouting. "You should have more faith in me than that! Do you REALLy think I'm gonna go get myself drunk!? Well I'm not!" My mother walked over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders, "Kira, its not you I dont trust, Its those people you hang out with." I glared down at her, "You know Jilli! She's a straight - A student on the Vollieball team! Why would she throw that all away because of a dumb party!" I snappped. My mother stepped back, "Look, I don't care, you're not going either way!" I grunted angrily, "Your ALWAYS trying to over-protect me! Why can't you just accept that I'm 16 and I want to just grow up okay?" I shouted as I stomped upstairs.
Last edited by ~Dea~ on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Dea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Drifting Angels ~ What if the World Ended~

Postby ~Dea~ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Hey guys, I'm getting people not commenting after voting! AT LEAST comment if you thought it was bad. It kinda makes me feel bad when people vote that its bad and dont tell me why they think that.
~Dea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jcqll » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

This is great and really interesting! Keep writing! I wanna here more! XD
boi
▀█▀ ▒█▀▄▀█   ▒█▀▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░░▒█
▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█   ▒█░▄▄ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█
▄█▄ ▒█░░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ░░▒█░░

eyy
jay/jules
he/him

im done
jcqll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Dea~ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 am

Nymphadora Tonks wrote:This is great and really interesting! Keep writing! I wanna here more! XD

Thank you. :3. I'll have more time to write this weekend, 3 day weekend! (Woop!)
~Dea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jcqll » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Sweet!
boi

eyy
jay/jules
he/him

im done
jcqll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Dea~ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 am

More is up. :3 enjoy!
~Dea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jcqll » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

This is really good! You should publish your writing when its done!
boi

eyy
jay/jules
he/him

im done
jcqll

My pets
My items
My wishlist