A Royal Pain [posting allowed c:]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Do you like this journal?

Yes!
77%
No...
23%
Maybe, you need to write more before I can tell.
No votes
It's ok, you could do better. (Will you PM me what I could do to make it better if you choose this option?)
No votes

Total votes : 13

A Royal Pain [posting allowed c:]

Postby Lady Tuesday » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:23 pm

*Hi! I've seen a lot of these floatin around decided I'd like to create one myself. I hope you like! Please feel free to post comments and critique!*

.:Ruby Anne-Maree Starlight:.

Yep. That's me, just your everyday average teenager. Not. I'm kind of a princess. On top of all this, I am now 16, and I will be expected to marry someone named Rosco Teddith Blight. Of whom I have never even heard of before, but according to our parents, the stars had been lined out in our favor. I'm sorry, when did you learn to speak star again? Oh ya, never! Anyways, he kinda scares me. At least, the pictures I've seen of him do.

That's Rosco^^^
(See what I mean about the scary part? He just looks so...serious.)

My father tells me I have a big mouth, and I told him that's a good thing because I have a lot to say. He didn't like that one bit. So here I am with this new way of communicating called a diary. It hasn't said anything back so far. I'll let you know when it does.
Ruby

Table Of Contents
[P. 1]-You Are Here
[P. 2]
[P. 3]
[P. 4]
[P. 5]
[P. 6]
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Page 2

Postby Lady Tuesday » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello again. I have now come to you, diary, because I am afraid I have no one else I can discuss my feelings with at the moment. So here it goes:

Some might ask, 'have you ever seen a castle before', but I haven't ever even left the castle before, so I would ask what it's like to live in a home. A small quiant one with little furniture and only a few rooms. Maybe, just maybe, if I lived in one of those homes, I wouldn't constantly feel forgotten by my parents. Maybe we could become a kind, considerate, loving family who would do anything for eachother. And, maybe, maybe I could be normal, have friends and go to school. However, that was a lot of maybes, and maybes equaled what ifs to my parents, and what ifs were subjects that were too insignificant to discuss, or rather, to think about. As I am writing this, my mother and father are downstairs, discussing the details of my wedding. I left in the middle of the conversation, not wanting to here another word. I wouldn't have it. And now, I must leave you, mother is calling me down for tea. I must meet Rosco's mother, Ms. Edith Avery Blight. Oh, what a mouthfull!
Ruby

And that^^ Is Miss Edith Avery Blight.

My mother shouts smoothly with kindness from the parlor downstairs. Her voice barely carries up to my ears.
Ruby, dear! It's time for tea!
I made sure my groan of resistance would be loud enough for my mother to hear, but not so loud that Ms. Edith could hear it as well. If she did, however, it wasn't somthing I was about to regret. In fact, maybe if she knew I didn't want to come down she would sense the awkward tension in the air and would 'politely' leave. I soon found that she was not very good at "sensing" things.

Coming! Though I wish I wasn't....
But I didn't say that last part aloud.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Page 3

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I feel a little stupid, speaking to you like you can speak back, because father has just informed me that you cannot speak. Have I made you sad? Well, I did not mean to hurt your feelings, and was unaware that you were mute.
Ruby

Ruby! How rude of you! We have a guest, no writing at the dining table!
She scoffed in horror at my behavior.
Yes, mother. How rude of me.
I mummbled and then placed my diary on the shelf next to the tea table we all sat around.I sat back down and took a sip of my tea as my mother and Ms. Edith chittered away.

Ms. Edith Blight looked to me suddenly.
Ruby, dear, do you have any interest in marrying my son? Answer truthfully.
I almost did a spit take. How ironic, considering you didn't care about my opinion before you arrived. Not to mention the fact that you won't change your mind based on what I say anyways. Might as well get you to like me if we'll be seing eachother more often. So I lied.
Yes.
She raised an eyebrow at me. I need to convince her.
He's very......handsome?
She nodded with a smile and went back to her tea and resumed her conversation with Dotty {This is what I call my mother. She doesn't really approve. What would she like me to call her? 'Her magesty'? No thank you.}. I let out a quiet sigh of relief.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Page 4

Postby Lady Tuesday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Today is the week and a half marker until I must wed. Which means Rosco and I are to meet three days from now. I know Rosco probably isn't a horrid character, It's just, I've always thought you ought to fall in love with the one you marry. Mother and father seem to love eachother quite a lot, but they had been told who to marry at my age as well. I often wonder if Rosco feels the same way.....
Ruby

I was wandering around in the garden when a young servent girl informed me that there was to be a banquet that evening, and Rosco had been invited. She's sometimes hard to talk to....she got her tongue cut out. Is that what happened to you, diary? I later told my best friend, Jopie, to make sure to try and keep as much distance between the two of us as possible. Boy, did that flop terribly.

¤ ¤ ¤

I was just minding my own business, staring at Rosco, making sure he was far enough away that he couldn't beat me to the exit of the ballroom if needed, and then he caught me staring. He must have taken it the wrong way, because he started to come over to my table and I panicked. Luckily, Jopie was there to stall him.

Jopie grabbed a tray of food from the nearest waiter and stopped in front of him. She curtsied politely and then held up the tray and offered him some perfeit. He rejected.
Sir, you absolutely must try this! It is delicious! See?
She popped one in her mouth and I could have sworn she almost puked. Was mother's cooking really that bad? She had insisted that she did the cooking for the banquet and told Chef he had the night off. Father was still somewhere upstairs, trying to avoid the noise. He was like that. An old, boring bag.

No thank you. I really must be going, I have to speak to someone. I'm sure they are....delicious, but I haven't the time. Sorry to dissapoint.
He swerved around her and continued towards me. I was freaking out. I had never really spoken to many boys and now I was sure to make a fool out of myself in front of the one I was meant to marry. I squeeked in quiet horror and shimmied under the table, where I knew I couldn't hide forever, and he had probably saw me slip under.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Page 5

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm

I waited for what seemed like ages, hiding under the table, not wanting to live through the embarassing moment when I got out and he saw that I had been under a table. I was busy mentally kicking myself when all of a sudden the table cloth quivered, and then it was lifted as someone slid in after me. Rosco.

Well, Ms. Starlight, fancy meeting you here. Do you come here often? It's funny, really. I would have thought you were avoiding me.
He smirked and then our eyes caught.
I was.
I answered bluntly, but truthfully. I had been avoiding him, dreading every possible way this night could have gone. Never in a million years could I have imagined this nightmare, and he seemed amused by it! I already disliked him. He was nothing like me. Maybe the stars were wrong. Maybe I was meant for someone else. My thoughts were cut off by his irratating voice....well, it wasn't that iratating. It was more just the things he said.
Hm....Why?
His tone was merely curious, not upset or hurt. Just, curious.
I dislike you.
He raised his eyebrow at me.
How can you be so sure? So certain?
I just am!
I only raised my voice to a loud whisper, considering if we were caught people would think things up. And the people around here were very imaginative.
Why not just get out from under the table if you dislike me so much? Oh...I see. You're afraid of what they'll think. Well, you do know we are getting marring in a week and a half, don't you? Surely someone must have informed you. It's ok, you know...
I turned to glare at him, but his deep grey eyes made me uncomfortable. I looked away and ignored his last remark.
I can just say I dropped an earing and I was merely searching for it. But what will your excuse be? You don't wear earings....I hope.
My eyes shot voluntarily to his ears. Nope, no earings. Good. At least he didn't think he was a pirate.
Rosco smirks.
You aren't even wearing earings.
I wrinkled my nose in frustration.
Whatever. I don't care, I refuse to accept! I refuse! I won't marry, you can't make me, and neither can my parents! We're too different, and you do annoy me so!
He didn't even look surprised. He was calm, silent. It angered me greatly. Finally he nodded and sat up straighter, crossing his legs.
You're right.
I suddenly was confused. I was right? He wasn't supposed to say that!
You don't even care? Don't you want to marry me?
You're....wrong?
I'm not wrong!
He winced and then shrugged desperately. Rosco threw his hands up in silent surrender.
Well, what am I supposed to say? I could tell you a million ways we are the same! We both get smothered by our parents, we aren't used to being around others our age. We're both obviously clueless as to how our parents know what the stars say, we both like old fashioned things, we aren't very social, and we haven't gotten to live normal teenage lives. Not to mention we both have an obvious attraction to the other!
The words poured from his mouth faster than I could register them. The only one I had really caught was the last one.
I'm not attracted to you!
He shrunk in size and his face grew extremely red. Then I realized he hadn't meant to say the last part outloud. I quickly tried to stand up. Considering the fact that we were under a table, I ended up hitting my head hard before lifting the table cloth and scurrying away as fast as possible. I felt terrible, and very, very, very confused. How did he like me? We had never met before...I probably should have said something, instead of gawking like a pig-headed idiot. Too late now. I was dreading the time when Rosco and I had to meet three days later. I ran out of the ballroom, up the stairs, down the hall, and into my room. Where I locked the door firmly behind me.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Page 6

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:48 pm

I feel I've made a terrible fool out of both myself and Rosco at the same time. I wish you could speak, I need help and advice. I don't know what to do! It is the day that Rosco comes over for supper. It is going to be so awkward and uncomfortable. Oh, diary. What should I do?
Ruby

In my room I wait for my mother to arrive. She has told my lady-in-waiting that she would rather help me dress for such a special occasion. Dotty seemed to be taking a lot of things into her own hands lately, had she gotten bored of just telling others what to do and never getting to do those things yourself? I know I did. I shuffled across the room away from my large four-poster bed and towards my mirror and make-up supplies. I sit down and pick up my favorite hair brush, the one with dazzling gold and blood rubies, and begin to brush my hair. This is how I remain until Dotty enters my room unnanounced. The pink silk curtians hang open slightly, but it is enough to see the new dress I am to wear tonight sprawled out across the soft comforter on my down-filled bead. The pillows have been recenylu fluffed by the servent girl with the cut out tongue. My mother walks over to bed after smiling at me lovingly and then picks up the gown with graceful fingers and an eleqeunt step. After last night's fiasco, I have decided that I need to talk to someone-possibly my mother-because Diary cannot answer. In my quarters, the new turqoise gown that has been made for me specifically for this night by our best seamstress is being tightened by my mother. She tightens it so much, that she makes me look three sizes smaller. And I am already very petite.
Dotty! Stop, it hurts!
She continued and my voice grew louder, angrier.
Please! If you pull it any tighter I will appear to be starved! Now stop!.....please.....
She looked shocked but nodded calmly and tied the ends of the ribbon on the back of my gown into a perfect bow. I try to let out my breath, but the tightness of the dress sinches me and holds it in. I sigh.
Then I did the unthinkable. First, I appologized to her. And then, I actually asked her for advice. I had never been close to my mother. It had always been my father who picked me up when I fell and wiped away my tears. Not because she didn't care, but because I had pushed her away and asked for father instead. I knew it hurt her, but I hadn't cared for some time for whatever reason. I-I guess I do....now.
Mother, how should one behave when you've completely humiliated both yourself and someone who is supposed to be very close to you?
She smiled. I think maybe she believed I was talking about me and her, or maybe she knew already. In that weird way that mothers always know what you're talking about, always know what you mean. No matter what she thought, I wouldn't correct her. She pulled me onto her lap and stoked my hair. She seemed like she was going to cry. Possibly happy tears. Maybe she was so happy I had finally opened up to her that she had been so overwhelmed that she bagan to cry. I didn't want her to cry, I reached my hand up and wiped away her tears. She caught my hand and held it to her face.
My precious daughter. Of what do you speak? Is it what I think it is about? Or could it possibly be something else. With whom do you wish to make ammends?
I pulled back and looked up at her. She knew. I knew she did. It was her tone of voice that gave it away. That comforting, soothing tone. She just wanted me to be brave, to say more. So I did. I told her everything.

When I was finished, she smiled down at me and-this was quite strange to me at the time-she laughed. But I quickly made it clear I did not find it funny and she silenced herself right away. It was good to speak with her like this. It made both of us feel better. Much better.
Mother, what do I do? I wish only to make things right, but I haven't the slightest clue how to behave in front of anyone my age, let alone a boy. Not to mention the fact that he is the boy I am to marry....
She purses her lips together and then bites her bottom lip. She smiles down at me and then removes a lock of silvery hair from my face with gentle, motherly, care.
When you discover the "appropriate way" to behave in front of those of such importance, let me know. I don't believe there is anything set up. It isn't like how you treat me or your father. It has to come from your deepest heart. I know how silly this must sound to you, and it must not seem very helpfull, but the only way I can describe it is to be yourself. Your lovely, gorgeous, beautiful self.
She reached down and grabbed my face in her hands. Her lips pressed against my forehead with deep affection.
If you are yourself, it will be easy for anyone to fall in love with you. Just your father and I did when we first saw you at birth. Surely they'll love you as much as we do. Surely Rosco will.
That was when I began to weep. When she said his name. Why I wept I did not know, but I did nonetheless. All the while my mother comforted me. I should have gotten closer to her sooner. I should have let her in.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Royal Pain (c.s. pet journal)

Postby Lady Tuesday » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

Up...))

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury. » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Love this! The pets used are so well chosen. :3 I'm interested as to what Rosco will say! Yay!
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm

lipton wrote:
Love this! The pets used are so well chosen. :3 I'm interested as to what Rosco will say! Yay!

Aww thanks XD I spent about an hour choosing the main character and dressing her, I should hope they were well chosen. Glad to have an admirer! Working on Rosco's reply right now. X3

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie-sama » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Okay, I don't usually like journals, but I LOVE this one. I can't wait to see what happens!
i'm not crazy... i'm just a little unwell. i know, right now you can't tell
abbie-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me